Author Topic: South African violence breaking out following Zuma's Jailing  (Read 1312 times)

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
Re: South African violence breaking out following Zuma's Jailing
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2021, 11:29:59 am »
Fancy being wretched and poor and demonstrating for the corrupt kleptomaniac Zuma.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline 19th Nervous Title

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2021, 12:02:54 pm »
There are no demonstrations. Just looting. An excuse to get free stuff. Although I suppose stealing stuff is a good way to show support for the former thief in charge.
Emily Hobhouse. Britain's finest.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2021, 12:58:41 pm »
There are no demonstrations. Just looting. An excuse to get free stuff. Although I suppose stealing stuff is a good way to show support for the former thief in charge.

It's gone a long way past just looting. There are videos of prisons being attacked and prisoners escaping. There's a state of emergency in many towns and cities. People being told to go home from work, evacuated from their offices etc. People going around with assault rifles and weapons and the army have been drafted in.

It's a very sorry and shocking state of affairs.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2021, 01:03:01 pm »
I've driven through Pietermaritzburg and my sister used to live and work near there (in SA terms - still a long distance) in Kwazulu Natal. Glad she isn't there right now.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2021, 10:08:43 pm »
Just been sent some videos on Whatsapp, it's an actual warzone out there. People running around with machine guns shooting anyone they can find, burning down buildings and others being severely beaten with metal bars. I have family there so it's very worrying.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2021, 09:04:08 am »
Just been sent some videos on Whatsapp, it's an actual warzone out there. People running around with machine guns shooting anyone they can find, burning down buildings and others being severely beaten with metal bars. I have family there so it's very worrying.

Yeah same via my work colleagues who are all distressed about family and friends back home.

It's crazy how little coverage such problems get in the mainstream media given it's one of the biggest countries in the world.