Author Topic: The West, Israel and Islam - Your Opinion (*)  (Read 177219 times)

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The West, Israel and Islam - Your Opinion (*)
« Reply #1920 on: June 13, 2021, 08:49:52 pm »
to be honest, I think it comes up in conversation here quite a lot, though sometimes tangentially.

Fair enough. Fair to say I haven't read the whole 48 page 7-year-old thread, but it's not too surprising given the way the ruling power in Gaza sees (and defines) itself is relevant to the thread topic.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1921 on: June 13, 2021, 09:02:43 pm »
Some good news at least

Be great if he were arrested and transferred straight to Holland.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #1922 on: June 13, 2021, 09:04:02 pm »

Be great if he were arrested and transferred straight to Holland.
Can he play centre back?
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1923 on: June 13, 2021, 09:09:22 pm »
Can he play centre back?

Doesn't matter,we'd let him leave on a free  ;D

Offline Jebediah

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1924 on: June 13, 2021, 09:18:33 pm »
While I don’t agree with most of Bennett’s policies, nor do I have expectations that this delicate government can stay together for 4 years, today we took the first step.
We have a unity government made up of parties from the left, right, and center.
We have an Arab party in the government and Arab ministers from multiple parties.
We have the most female ministers of any government.
We have an openly gay minister.
All of this makes me hope for a better future for all of our residents.
An elevator can only go up and down, but a Wonkavator goes sideways and slantways and longways and backways and frontways and squareways and any other ways that you can think of...
Proud to be part of the LFC family

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #1925 on: June 13, 2021, 10:00:54 pm »
I wouldn’t bet on it… these people never do time for their crimes.

Not actually true, in Israel's case at least. Olmert (former PM) spent jail time, as did Katsav (the former President). There is a genuine separation of powers in Israel and the judiciary is free and independent. Highly unusual for that part of the world, but there you go.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #1926 on: June 13, 2021, 10:11:40 pm »
Not actually true, in Israel's case at least. Olmert (former PM) spent jail time, as did Katsav (the former President). There is a genuine separation of powers in Israel and the judiciary is free and independent. Highly unusual for that part of the world, but there you go.
Interesting…
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1927 on: June 13, 2021, 10:12:39 pm »
To be replaced by far right hard liner naftali bennet who is nicknamed the champion of settlers. Believes israel should occupy as much Palestinian land as possible and doesnt believe in a Palestinian state.

He’ll be constrained to some extent by coalition and a more moderate/left leader takes the reins next year.

Nevertheless great to see another Trump type bite the dust.  He ranted and raved like Trump in his way out too.  Hope he remembered to shut the door on the way out.

Closer to home the bonus is that Priti Patel will be gutted.  No more secret meetings for Priti.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1928 on: June 13, 2021, 11:15:04 pm »
Interesting…

I'm thinking more getting arrested (kidnapped) & shipped to the Hague.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #1929 on: June 14, 2021, 01:48:57 am »
I can't see this new government lasting more than a year, if even that. Netanyahu could be back as PM very soon.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1930 on: June 14, 2021, 03:00:00 am »
I can't see this new government lasting more than a year, if even that. Netanyahu could be back as PM very soon.
If the government dissolves it there is another election, which is one thing Bennett wanted to avoid.

Online ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #1931 on: June 14, 2021, 07:31:22 am »

This could be the worst collation ever. Resulting in further violence. And further settlements. And further marginalisation of the already marginalised communities.

Or the best one ever. 3 parties - A far right Jewish, A centrist and an Islamist representation. Could be that they try and achieve some peace in that region. I know its wishful thinking sometimes. But I am happy to be proven wrong.

Online Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me
« Reply #1932 on: June 14, 2021, 08:02:08 am »
This could be the worst collation ever. Resulting in further violence. And further settlements. And further marginalisation of the already marginalised communities.

Or the best one ever. 3 parties - A far right Jewish, A centrist and an Islamist representation. Could be that they try and achieve some peace in that region. I know its wishful thinking sometimes. But I am happy to be proven wrong.

I don't have much hope of it lasting, or certainly achieving any lasting solution. For now the removal of Netanyahu, much like Trump, is reason enough to celebrate.

In the long term though, there will be no solution without getting a large proportion of the Israeli right on board (and part of the government that concludes any deal). The idea that the centre/left could one day scrape a majority and then try to impose a deal will never work. The right will need to be persuaded that a permanent, two state deal is in Israel's long term interest (which it certainly is). There will always be extreme elements who will not agree to anything of course, but a good proportion of the right will need to be in on it for any solution to work. And who knows, maybe this coalition will start the kind of process that gets parties across the political spectrum to work together for common, long term interests.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1933 on: June 14, 2021, 08:43:13 am »

No a Bibi Coalition would have done the first thing.
This an 8 party coalition of Far-Right party, two more center right parties, a centrist party, center left party, two left parties, and more a little more conservatives  leaning Islamist  party. Joint List which is the more coalition of more liberal Arab party didn't get in the coalition however they supported the new Speaker of Knesset more.
This coalitions doesn't change the status quo for the Palestinians, however will not a far right party running the government there. Would expect some pressure from like the US on Sheikh Jarrah neighborhood stuff and some settlement building to be stopped. I think there was something in the coalition government agree to stop building settlements or something along those lines(Looks like a freeze on a law)
The coalition agreement has been published https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/elections/what-s-in-the-deals-signed-by-the-parties-in-the-bennett-lapid-coalition-1.9896709

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1934 on: June 14, 2021, 09:55:09 am »
tabloid Yediot Aharonot published an article by Yigal Sarna suggesting that, as an officer in the Maglan commando unit, Bennett’s actions may have led to the death of 102 Lebanese civilians during Operation Grapes of Wrath in 1996.
Sarna described Bennett as demonstrating poor judgment, ignoring orders and changing operational plans without coordinating with his superiors. The article implied that, in addition to the loss of life, Bennett’s behavior in the field caused grave damage to Israel’s image.

One war criminal out, another one in.

“After I expressed my stance, a coordinated and orchestrated campaign against me began, stating that I am supposedly responsible as a commander for the massacre in Kafr Kana 20 years ago,” he stated. “Twenty years ago, in spring 1996, I did go to Lebanon to defend residents of the North and for eight days, together with dozens of fighters, we did exactly that.”
Bennett declared: “I will not apologize for that. I am proud of it.”

Hardly a denial .

He too should be in the Hague. In the end there is only one reason why these war criminals keep getting elected. The only democracy in the region keeps voting them in.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #1935 on: June 14, 2021, 03:35:49 pm »

One war criminal out, another one in.

It's habitual. Ariel Sharon was another butcher/war criminal.

And a number of the earlier leaders have the roots in terrorism.

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"