Author Topic: The King's Speech: His conferences and interviews here  (Read 495941 times)

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: The King's Speech: His conferences and interviews here
« Reply #1160 on: September 10, 2011, 09:07:24 pm »
It certainly is a two-way, just look what he had to say about Stoke but you just get the feeling he was holding back from what he really wanted to say about the officials. 

Ferguson would be in the stands for the next month if his team was on the end of some of the decisions going against us in games this season.

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #1161 on: September 10, 2011, 09:10:02 pm »
Kenny spot on with hus comments again, needs to be backed up by FSG coming out and demanding a sit down with the refs panel, turn the screw. Ferguson has done it for years, even lambasting the refs all week about De Gea - everytime he goes for the ball in the box now will be a manc free kick, the work has been done.

I have Kenny brings it up again in next Fridays press conference because Suarez is due two penalties, hopefully both against spurs.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline steveeastend

• Learnt to play them drums
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1162 on: September 10, 2011, 09:35:45 pm »
I agree with every word Kenny said here expect for the goal scoring bit which I think will be a problem from time to time as long as we don´t have another top striker in the line up.

But the overall tactics, mentality, team effort and defending are very good and an indication that we are on the right track.
One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
    • Collaborative thoughts on Euro 2012
« Reply #1163 on: September 10, 2011, 09:37:47 pm »
Spot on from Kenny, it's really nice to see him be so up-front about it. ONe huge advantage with having such an unimpeachable legend in charge is that he can make the media sing his tune - if he says Refs are fucking us over then, agree or disagree, one thing the media WON'T do is paint him as some kind of mouth-frothing border line lunatic as they did with Rafa and indeed Houllier.

If Kenny does it, it gets noticed, it gets listened to. If that didn't have a genuine effect on refs and results then one things for sure - Sir Hard-Shoulder Shitter wouldn't be doing it anywhere near as much and as obviously as he does.
He is the cat who walks by himself, and all roads are alike to him.

Offline Breitner

• Charles 'Charlie' Charles says: "No more tactics God damn you. This is Association Football!"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1164 on: September 10, 2011, 09:40:13 pm »
I love him
If you can't trust Kenny, you need to find another club, seriously.

Offline DoogyRev

• Anny Roader
  • Bending it in left, right and center
« Reply #1165 on: September 10, 2011, 09:41:44 pm »
Spot on from Kenny, it's really nice to see him be so up-front about it. ONe huge advantage with having such an unimpeachable legend in charge is that he can make the media sing his tune - if he says Refs are fucking us over then, agree or disagree, one thing the media WON'T do is paint him as some kind of mouth-frothing border line lunatic as they did with Rafa and indeed Houllier.

If Kenny does it, it gets noticed, it gets listened to. If that didn't have a genuine effect on refs and results then one things for sure - Sir Hard-Shoulder Shitter wouldn't be doing it anywhere near as much and as obviously as he does.

Totally. When he does say something it will be loaded with eloquent cunning and diplomacy only the King could compose.
Quote from: Dmode101 on December 21, 2011, 04:56:33 PM
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

this all ends with a loud "we willl never walk alone!" war cry from all the players1

Offline DoogyRev

• Anny Roader
  • Bending it in left, right and center
« Reply #1166 on: September 10, 2011, 09:48:02 pm »
This what you're looking for, from the official site?  From the dodgy stream we watched the game on, Kenny's certainly got a point to make

Kenny Dalglish couldn't hide his frustration after seeing Liverpool suffer their first defeat of the season with a 1-0 loss at Stoke City.

"We would like to be respectful towards referees. I think I have been respectful to referees, but more importantly than being respectful to referees in their campaign it's about having respect for my football club, Liverpool Football Club.

"If I feel they (Liverpool FC) are suffering in any shape of form then maybe I need to go down the same route as some other people go and see if we can get some benefit from that. I'll speak to the owners first and see what they say because the last thing I want is for my behaviour to infringe on the club's success in any way, shape or form.

The King has served notice. This in itself should have an effect.
Quote from: Dmode101 on December 21, 2011, 04:56:33 PM
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

this all ends with a loud "we willl never walk alone!" war cry from all the players1

Offline shanks hankie

• Main Stander
« Reply #1167 on: September 10, 2011, 09:59:31 pm »
Genuine question- how do people expect the owners to back Kenny here? Someone mentioned demanding a sit down with the refs panel. Surely Kenny can do that? Is he getting the ok from FSG to go a major offensive, is that what people think?
If you are first you are first. If you are second you are nothing.” Shanks

Offline steveeastend

• Learnt to play them drums
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1168 on: September 11, 2011, 12:04:12 am »

Genuine question- how do people expect the owners to back Kenny here? Someone mentioned demanding a sit down with the refs panel. Surely Kenny can do that? Is he getting the ok from FSG to go a major offensive, is that what people think?

Kenny is absolutely right to speak up on this, it´s about time cause it´s going on for years now. And he is the only one who will get respect from the press and not becoming target for a media campaign like Rafa or Wenger.

The refs are a joke, for years, just doing whatever they want and it´s happening in the PL, the most important league in the world. It´s a disgrace..

« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 12:05:55 am by steveeastend »
One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Offline Superthing

• "power crazed, trigger happy, imbecile with no sense of reasoning..." who can he mean?...
  • Kopite
« Reply #1169 on: September 11, 2011, 12:16:29 am »
I agree that there is a world of difference between how we react in these situations and how the likes of United do, but do you really think that it makes that much of a difference to the referee's approach to games?

I'm not against us putting an end to just bending over and taking these but at the same time, i'm just not convinced about how much of a difference it'll make if we do.

I think it does make a big difference, imagine if you were officiating a huge premier league match knowing that not only is everything you do on tv and scrutinised by the media but any mistakes you make are going to be exaggerated and screamed about by ol' whiskey nose himself which could cause many millions of people to to call you incompetent or biased and maybe even demoted by your bosses.  All part of the job for a top flight official yes, but human nature being what it is, it MUST have some influence on how you would perform next time you referee a Man Utd game, especially at old trafford.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 12:23:17 am by Superthing »

Offline alvaro

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1170 on: September 11, 2011, 12:42:51 am »
Well given the fact that we have a huge game at spurs away that we cant lose this is precisely the time you want to put pressure on the refs.

Offline Red an White Tea Party

• Anny Roader
  • How d'ya like them Onions barca?
« Reply #1171 on: September 11, 2011, 12:55:45 am »
How much dignity can one man show? Think we may have to take the attitude that God helps those who help themselves though. If we wait for the whiskeynose refs club or whatever their called now we may wait a while. 
If you ask Smalling and Brown if they'd rather play Suarez or Carroll, they'd say Suarez all day long, because he's not going to bully them or run in behind them.

Offline JLFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1172 on: September 11, 2011, 01:00:53 am »
One thing is for sure the King is 110% percent right with his comments on our previous refeering decisions and upholding dignity and respect to the refs even at this stage, just oozes class from the man and shows how classy, dignified and respectful The King really is...

To be honest though I'm really looking forward to Kenny's next press conference....FSG will back him all the way that's for sure just like they have done to our club since they took over

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
« Reply #1173 on: September 11, 2011, 02:32:23 am »
So i'm waiting for the refs and the fa to decide that Kenny is being disrespectful in the latest comments. I actually really hope that they come out with a statement about the respect campaign and Kenny's comments. Because I think underneath those comments there's an actual plan of attack ready to spring into motion. I don't believe that Kenny says anything to the press that he's not already decided upon and know exactly what he's doing.

I love the man.
And when you find yourself along the untrodden path
Remember me with a smile, a drink, a gesture or a laugh
And a toast for the man who loves every hour of every day
And a feast for the friends and faces met along way
Gratitude

Offline lfc_col

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
« Reply #1174 on: September 11, 2011, 03:24:47 am »
Kenny is ace with the media isn't he they don't have a clue with him  ;D
We Won It Six Times

JFT 97

Offline GeCk0

• Main Stander
« Reply #1175 on: September 11, 2011, 03:30:03 am »
Kenny is ace with the media isn't he they don't have a clue with him  ;D

Possibly because they may not understand him very well (hell knows I can barely understand him if Im not fully concentrating).

Offline lfc_col

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
« Reply #1176 on: September 11, 2011, 03:31:42 am »
Possibly because they may not understand him very well (hell knows I can barely understand him if Im not fully concentrating).

i mean he's too clever for them ;D
We Won It Six Times

JFT 97

Offline Paul-LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1177 on: September 11, 2011, 03:46:56 am »

Dalglish's claim that his team have had "contentious decisions" in each of their fixtures this season also appears misplaced.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/sep/10/kenny-dalglish-liverpool-referees

:wanker

Offline bam09

• Brexiteer who lives in Canada. Is alright Jack...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1178 on: September 11, 2011, 04:00:25 am »
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/sep/10/kenny-dalglish-liverpool-referees

Not to take away from Kenny, butI don't recall a bad decision in the Arsenal match. In fact, we were a little fortunate as I think the Suarez one was offside. We were done by in the Sunderland match though. Multiple times.

Offline theblackhumor

• Anny Roader
  • oh boy.
« Reply #1179 on: September 11, 2011, 05:50:50 am »
Given how they have really strict rules when it comes to managers commenting on referees, I'm sure this is something Kenny's come up with to criticize their decisions without directly saying so. Obviously the owners can do jack shit about it but the way he's worded it has obviously got his message through without being too direct.

Offline capt k

• aaaaaaaavemaaaaaaaaan!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • id rather be fishing
« Reply #1180 on: September 11, 2011, 06:59:39 am »
I got the impression that he was waiting for the owners to OK him to speak out about refs, knowing that if he oversteps the mark there will be fines in place, i assume he is just asking their permission before they get any fines.
JFT 96

Offline RivaGe

• Legacy Fan
  • walk on
« Reply #1181 on: September 11, 2011, 07:19:10 am »
It was time for Kenny to question the refereeing. 3-4 penalties denied in 3 games, what the fuck?

Offline verbal kint

• Kopite
« Reply #1182 on: September 11, 2011, 10:56:21 am »
The way he worded what he said was extremley clever! He has put pressure on the referee's without really saying anything, i think his comments about talking to the owners is almost looking for permission/back up on deviating from the clubs adherance to the respect campaign.

He is basically saying, if the owners back me, im going on a fergie type rant after every game until we get treated like the others clubs who surround the officials at every given oppurtunity, despite it not being the way the club likes to conduct its' self.

I think as others have said we have been to nice and too quiet for years now, we need to get nasty again.
Somebody said recently that having Rafa as the manager means not giving a shit who you get in a Champions' League draw...........

Offline callanlfc5times

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1183 on: September 11, 2011, 11:01:14 am »
It was time for Kenny to question the refereeing. 3-4 penalties denied in 3 games, what the fuck?

Also Richardson not being sent off and I'm sure there has been another instance where a player should have been sent off after we were through on goal, also the pass back that both the lines man and the ref failed to see, there has been shit loads of things that have not gone our way. Carroll's disalowed goal against Arsenal as well which I just remembered.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 11:03:36 am by callanlfc5times »
JUSTICE FOR THE 96
JUSTICE FOR THE 96
JUSTICE FOR THE 96
JUSTICE
FOR THE 96
JUSTICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline walshys_mullet

• Aka walshys_mullet. Thinks manager is a coward. Only posts in match threads every other week due to rotation. We suspect this is John Aldridge or Andy Gray posting under a pseudonym.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1184 on: September 11, 2011, 11:07:23 am »
Carrols goal against Sunderland another.
"If you're in the penalty area and don't know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we'll discuss the options later."

The Great 'Should have been Sir' Bob Paisley

Offline schmev

• Kopite
  • Dubliner in Salzburg made me a Red
« Reply #1185 on: September 11, 2011, 11:09:00 am »

The handball late in the game was a clear penalty and we didn't get it.  After having over 70 percent possession, and outshooting them by a factor of at least 7, we should have gotten that penalty.

I support Kenny putting pressure on officials because the standard is just weird.

« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 11:10:33 am by schmev »

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1186 on: September 11, 2011, 11:20:35 am »
The handball late in the game was a clear penalty and we didn't get it.  After having over 70 percent possession, and outshooting them by a factor of at least 7, we should have gotten that penalty.

I support Kenny putting pressure on officials because the standard is just weird.

Personally, after a seeing the replay, I could see why the handball one wasnt given, Upson's hand/arm wasn't raised, and his intention was clearly to slide in and block the cross - it appeared more a case of ball to hand imo.

The skrtel one in the first half though, was a nailed on pen. Absolutely fucking nailed on. If that happens as Skrtel clears a through ball, or Charlie Adam dinks one over the top, Etherington gets a yellow card. Shocking decision, I heard the commentator (Paul Walsh I think) say something along the lines of "If he touches it instead of shoots, thats a pen" what fucking difference does that make!? A late tackle is a late tackle, shot or pass or touch, inside or outside the box - foul ALL day long.

As for the Guardian piece, bollocks. Carroll's disallowed one against Sunderland, the backpass against Bolton, I can't think of anything in the Arsenal game. Still, hardly "misplaced" criticsm. Dick.

Offline Zverko

• Kopite
  • keep it simple stupid
« Reply #1187 on: September 11, 2011, 11:23:36 am »
Right now it looks like referees can make any mistake against us, and nothing will happen.  In PL it seems you really need to have a go at them, almost every team who won the league was like that. The old Arsenal or Mourinho's Chelsea, not to mention Mancs.

So the real questin is do we continue being nice as its not paying off, or we have a go at them. Both manager and players wise.
The King: "The most important people at Liverpool Football Club are the people who want to be here"

Offline deester

• Main Stander
« Reply #1188 on: September 11, 2011, 11:25:53 am »
It's not just that Walshy. Kenny wants us to be respectful and play the game in the right way, just like we all do. BUT, he looks and sees how the mancs and chelsea get huge decisions go their way constantly over the years because of the utter contempt and disrespect that they show the refs, both through baconface in the media and his players on the pitch.

What Kenny is saying (at least in my opinion) is that the respect the ref view only harms your own team. We want to be better than those other fuckers, but far more than that, we want the playing field that they play on. It's down to the FA and the refs association. They've caved in to the bullies and have never rewarded any of the teams who don't surround the ref calling him all sorts, or question refs fitness, etc. They've done the opposite of what they should, and they've ended up rewarding the bullies and the c*nts and punishing those who want to adhere to the respect campaign.

Kenny's basically saying make your beds and lay in them, because our respect is pretty much all used up.

Brilliant post

Offline schmev

• Kopite
  • Dubliner in Salzburg made me a Red
« Reply #1189 on: September 11, 2011, 11:40:09 am »
Personally, after a seeing the replay, I could see why the handball one wasnt given, Upson's hand/arm wasn't raised, and his intention was clearly to slide in and block the cross - it appeared more a case of ball to hand imo.

The skrtel one in the first half though, was a nailed on pen. Absolutely fucking nailed on. If that happens as Skrtel clears a through ball, or Charlie Adam dinks one over the top, Etherington gets a yellow card. Shocking decision, I heard the commentator (Paul Walsh I think) say something along the lines of "If he touches it instead of shoots, thats a pen" what fucking difference does that make!? A late tackle is a late tackle, shot or pass or touch, inside or outside the box - foul ALL day long.

As for the Guardian piece, bollocks. Carroll's disallowed one against Sunderland, the backpass against Bolton, I can't think of anything in the Arsenal game. Still, hardly "misplaced" criticsm. Dick.

The hand and arm doesn't have to be raised.  His arm was extended well away from the rest of his body and had that arm not been there, the cross would have went through across the goal mouth.

Clear penalty for me.  Unfortunate for the defender, because there was no intention, but when the ball is blocked by anything from the shoulder down...unless that arm is near nailed to the body, it's a penalty.  At least that's my interpretation.  I don't know what standard the referees have, because I've seen it given/not given in so many ways, it's hard to understand what standard they have.

Online redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1190 on: September 11, 2011, 11:43:32 am »
I actually think just bringing this idea of 'changing the tone' up is a brilliant bit of mind games by Kenny. He doesn't even have to say anything now, pressure is already on referees to give us a few decisions just by him saying this.

He's fucking awesome isn't he? Harsh to lose that game, but as soon as I hear Kenny speak I know we'll be alright.
Was thinking that before. Saying he might change his tone is already doing it.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #1191 on: September 11, 2011, 11:45:09 am »
It was just something to say after the game to deflect attention from a loss

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #1192 on: September 11, 2011, 11:52:19 am »
I got the impression that he was waiting for the owners to OK him to speak out about refs, knowing that if he oversteps the mark there will be fines in place, i assume he is just asking their permission before they get any fines.

Maybe our owners will start to but pressure on the refs.

Is there any rules about owners talking about Refs?
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Lofty Ambitions

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1193 on: September 11, 2011, 11:53:53 am »
It was just something to say after the game to deflect attention from a loss

A bit of the good old siege mentality never harmed anyone, did it

He's got a point though, especially regarding Carroll. Everytime the lad fights for the ball he gets a call against him. Already cost us a goal (sunderland) and maybe another one as well (gooners). There's a clear pattern right there.

Also the deliberate head butt against Agger yesterday was just appalling. Having looked at it again, what started as a 50/50 turned into a deliberate butt when the c*nt realised he's not gonna win it.

He should just use his wit and let it go everytime he thinks the situation calls for it. Which he sort of did yesterday, could have been a bit more specific imho though.
The Boy from Brazil!
Redeem us in your stone arms
Float like Papillon
Transfer Haiku by Bud P Austin

Offline WelshMike

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1194 on: September 11, 2011, 12:01:36 pm »

I actually clicked on that expecting some sort of evidence or argument at least, but there's nothing. It's just one claim attached to the end of an article without any substance or support whatsoever.

Not to take away from Kenny, butI don't recall a bad decision in the Arsenal match. In fact, we were a little fortunate as I think the Suarez one was offside. We were done by in the Sunderland match though. Multiple times.

I don't think it was offside - it was certainly very close. How about when Arshavin (?) bulldozes Kelly into next week to create their best chance of the game? That was a clear foul. And it could've been a HUGE decision (and it was an incredibly easy one to give) to put them 1-0 up instead of us taking the lead not long after, similar to yesterday actually, if it wasn't for Reina.

Sunderland: red card for Richardson and Carroll's disallowed goal.
Arsenal: Arshavin's push
Bolton: at least 2 penalties
Stoke: penalties...

I don't have an issue with every single decision but to have at least one big decision go against you in every game, at least two decisions in three of our four games, is ridiculous. The only contentious decisions above are the Arsenal game where you could say they got lucky once (as did we), which evens itself out. If you like. And we went on to win that one, which kind of proves the point.

I'm not asking for every single decision to be given in yesterday's game, but when we have two legitimate shouts for penalties that are at least as valid (in fact, moreso) than Walters' swan dive, and yet theirs is given and neither of ours are, that's when I have a problem. I think we're just asking for consistency. The Suarez one late on wasn't a penalty but the handball in the first half was as much of a penalty as the Walters incident, and the Skrtel foul was a BLATANT penalty, and I completely agree with the analysis of that incident given above. Apparently if you shoot (instead of passing or dribbling) then it just doesn't count as a foul... why not?
TEAMWORK
Coming together is a beginning.
Keeping together is a progress.
Working together is a success.

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1195 on: September 11, 2011, 12:01:39 pm »
ORN has been bleating about lousy decisions ever since he first walked through the door at Old Trafford.  He's had the entire PL era to get his feet under the desk and bend the weak FA and refs to his will.  It is not going to be easy to break the hold he has but if Kenny wants his team to be dealt with fairly on the pitch then break it he must.  The refs need to remember who they're dealing with when LFC is on the pitch, just like they do with Utd or Chelsea.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline callanlfc5times

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1196 on: September 11, 2011, 12:03:25 pm »
Bolton: at least 2 penalties and the pass back incident
JUSTICE FOR THE 96
JUSTICE FOR THE 96
JUSTICE FOR THE 96
JUSTICE
FOR THE 96
JUSTICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Online 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #1197 on: September 11, 2011, 12:16:53 pm »
Skrtel's pen was a blatant as they come. Delap's handball was also insanely obvious and the pen at the end certainly could have been given. Walters went down very easy and while it was a very good shout for a penalty, he did foul Carra in the build up.
Going back to Kenny's first game back where the Mancs got a penalty after 30 seconds for a clear dive, we have been getting shafted. I even remember the Fulham game where Haangeland should have been off and my word we could have humilated them in that game had they been down to 10 men. The push on Kelly vs Arsenal was the contentious decision in that game and it should have resulted in a goal but RVP missed an easy chance. We're getting fucked over time and again and it's about time we stood up to this bullshit. I remember one of Rafa's seasons where I counted at least 15 clear penalties (no exaggeration) we were not given.

Once again though, Kenny is calm and measured instead of doing what I know he wants to do and scream at the refs for being either incompetent or downright corrupt. He manages to stay dignified and made a point of praising Stoke. This man is just class personified. Imagine if the drunken tramp lost yesterday in that manner? He would have screamed blue murder. Maybe Kenny needs to start getting tough and I believe he will if he thinks it is in LFC's best interests.

Offline itsgunnabebarnes!

• Neghead. hard and gagging. Will never be Barnes
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1198 on: September 11, 2011, 12:17:57 pm »
Skrtel's pen was a blatant as they come. Delap's handball was also insanely obvious and the pen at the end certainly could have been given. Walters went down very easy and while it was a very good shout for a penalty, he did foul Carra in the build up.
Going back to Kenny's first game back where the Mancs got a penalty after 30 seconds for a clear dive, we have been getting shafted. I even remember the Fulham game where Haangeland should have been off and my word we could have humilated them in that game had they been down to 10 men. The push on Kelly vs Arsenal was the contentious decision in that game and it should have resulted in a goal but RVP missed an easy chance. We're getting fucked over time and again and it's about time we stood up to this bullshit. I remember one of Rafa's seasons where I counted at least 15 clear penalties (no exaggeration) we were not given.

Once again though, Kenny is calm and measured instead of doing what I know he wants to do and scream at the refs for being either incompetent or downright corrupt. He manages to stay dignified and made a point of praising Stoke. This man is just class personified. Imagine if the drunken tramp lost yesterday in that manner? He would have screamed blue murder. Maybe Kenny needs to start getting tough and I believe he will if he thinks it is in LFC's best interests.

well said mate
'Tramps like us, baby we were born to run!'

Offline Rafas3leggedtable

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1199 on: September 11, 2011, 12:22:37 pm »
without dragging up posts from years ago, them people who say or have said for years that we sometimes have a chip on our shoulder and we get treated just the same as everyone else, do you want to talk? Come on - lets talk.
The people of Liverpool are workers. This is not a rich town where everyone lives a comfortable life. They work hard for themselves, and this is what we at Liverpool like to do. This is the attitude we must all have.