Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10
clearly haven't been reading the corruption thread
They have. They just understand it’s not the system at fault but the people using it.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Liverpool Audio/Video Thread
« Last post by oojason on Today at 05:40:51 pm »

'The Final Days Of Jürgen Klopp At Liverpool | Talking Reds LIVE' - 30 minute video from TAW:-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/40OIKI3hPhg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/40OIKI3hPhg</a>

^ or click here to watch - www.youtube.com/v/40OIKI3hPhg

Wouldn’t want Ancient Wisdom with stolen money unfortunately.
BBC Sport understands Liverpool, plus three other unnamed clubs, are not in favour of scrapping VAR.

clearly haven't been reading the corruption thread
Just get a few Rawkites to do the VAR. Problem solved.
News and Current Affairs / Re: Labour Thread * No Gaza *
« Last post by 9 kemlyn road on Today at 05:38:08 pm »
I think many enjoy the fight for change rather than the actual change for good.  a long protest forcing change on 1 policy is seen as a glorious win while many implemented policys for the good implemented with a stroke of the pen aren't even noticed. power is boring for many. it's just a bit of news that goes unnoticed a lot of the time. I would have been quite happy to go back to the days when we hardly noticed all the change for good. am not a fan of fighting for small wins. I want Labour in power to implement with a stroke of the pen.
Labours record in office has been posted many times.
When thatcher won the leadership of the Tory party in 75 she quickly spent time surrounding herself with likeminded people like Keith Joseph ,airey neave ,whitelaw,Howe who believed the way forward was the monetary policy ,neo liberalism path .
This obviously meant smashing the very powerful unions ,destroying industries and changing the whole way of life as it was known at the time.this wasn’t going to happen overnight but that was what they decided to do come what may.
She spent time learning from others how to tame unions the way they had in other countries and spent time in New York with the mayor ,ed Koch and the way he refused to negotiate with them and the way he cracked down on them.
She did this with great  effect once she got in .the point I’m trying to make is the tories decided to pursue  an ideology which was in their interests and benefitted them and their supporters but only a select few not for the country as a whole and to hell with anyone who got in her way and didn’t like it .on they went regardless to the disastrous years we’ve had since if you did indeed get in the way.
It’s time now for labour to reverse this system we’ve put up with for nearly half a century.it was accepted and put up with as the way forward when the tories did it now it’s high time the country went in a different direction ideologically.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: The Men in Suits behind the scenes
« Last post by G Richards on Today at 05:37:17 pm »
They are stepping stones with or without it. No top player will stay at those clubs throughout his career.

I get that. It's true.

Still, I hope that we act in a way that the club/s we acquire do well out of it too.

Edit:
And there are several reasons to think they will, with better financial stability behind them, and joined up processes around coaching, player development, and even how to run the club administratively.
I find it amazing how many think we don't need many changes after seeing the issues we had under the best manager in the world.

Klopp to Slot is a big downgrade and even if you think Slot is very good it is a big step up. The quality of opponents, schedule , pressure and the fact other teams may improve. We need to bridge the gap by having better players.

For me, it’s not that I don’t think we need to make changes, I do think we need to add a couple of players, especially a 6. It’s that I don’t think all of our woes are fixed in the transfer market. The past season has been another massive ‘what if’ under Jurgen where injuries completely ruined any chance of seeing how good the side was. We started the season OK, started to look brilliant then just as we got into our stride our bubble was massacred with injuries. The only player that returned from injury and found good form was Robertson, the rest just couldn’t get up to the level that was required, which is probably quite normal when you’re nursing 7-10 players back at the business end of the season all at once.

To add to that, the team has plenty of players with huge room to grow. People seem to think you can’t bet on a player to improve when it’s the exact reason you sign players with potential, you don’t draw conclusions based on year 1 and if you believe in your scouting/coaching/data you’ll expect improvements as players mature physically, tactically and emotionally.

I’d like us to sign a few players but anyone saying we need wholesale changes - and this summer, the one where the biggest change in the last decade is going to take place - is the one to make them, for me, are wrong. I seen enough from that side in the first 6 months of the season to believe they can go up several levels and be a brilliant side, they just need support in a couple of areas and we probably need to start making contingency plans for Mo and Virgil.

A 6, a defender and a forward/winger would be enough.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Joël Matip (Job Joël André Matip)
« Last post by G Richards on Today at 05:36:02 pm »
Matip was an excellent Bosman signing for us. Very good player, good character.

Everything comes to an end, and his time at Liverpool is up. I hope he is getting close to being fit as he can still do a good job for someone else.
In terms of replacing confirmed outgoings of Thiago, Matip, and Adrian these can be possible realistic signings (below names just based on rumours I've come across) -

3rd GK - someone like an Alex McCarthy. HG option

CB - Pacho or Hancko

Mid - Koopmeiners or Weiffer

I feel LB and any FW signings will depend on outgoings only.

I'm personally not too enthused about these options to be honest, they look like solid squad options
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10