Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
It was older though. We had the inherited squad plus a policy of buying 24 years olds upwards whereas all our purchases now are younger, a youth academy is better and our older players are better, that will lead to a squad being together for longer.

My post is more to say, all the players in that list are broadly young enough and good enough to still be here after those periods.

They might be good enough, but why would they stick around and be 2nd/3rd choice for that long?

You have Bajcetic, Dom, Mac Allister, Jones, Gravenberch, Elliott, and Clark below.  That's 7 midfielders (not including any incomings) that are going to be happy sharing minutes for the next 5 seasons?  I doubt it.

Also, Robertson would be 35 and Tsimikas would be 33.  If we haven't sorted out a younger left-back to be first-choice by then, I'd be shocked.

Likewise, Diaz and Jota would be 32, and if Gakpo and Nunez are still here along with Doak, how many attackers would we have signed by then?  1?

The list below isn't realistic because it'd have very little squad turnover with a bunch of older players and young midfielders who would have to be bench players for many years.

I'd go with Gomez, Elliott, Trent, Quansah, and Jones and work from there.  Clark and a young attacker too (Danns/Doak).

In 5 years:
Alisson
Konaté
van Dijk
Gomez
Quansah
Robertson
Tsimikas
Trent
Bradley
Bajcetic
Szoboszlai
Mac Allister
Jones
Gravenberch
Clark
Diaz
Elliott
Gakpo
Jota
Doak
Nunez

In 10 years:
Kelleher
Quansah
Trent
Bradley
Bajcetic
Szoboszlai
Jones
Gravenberch
Clark
Elliott
Doak
i think there needs to be a bit of context and nuance with targets and expectations.
sure have aims for the season - but, overall, is the direction of travel correct?
Using Manchester United as an example, the first signs of adversity in the early days with their current manager saw them rip up their blueprint and shit the bed.
The opposite was true when Klopp came in, mixed results but overall it was obvious what the plan was, even if it was poorly executed at times.
If Slots team shows a trajectory, albeit with bumps in the road, then i'd be satisfied with whatever comes our way next season.
Although i would *expect* to get out of the groups in Europe and qualify again, it more a soft expectation, if the direction is obvious

With the new CL single league format, I have no idea how easy/hard it will be to get to the knockouts. Its 8 matches now instead of 6 and its against 8 different teams, you play 4 home game and 4 away games between September and January and then the top 8 in the league go into the knockout phase and 9th to 24th play a two legged play off and 25th to 26th go out of Europe altogether, so there is a decent chance we don't get to the knockouts, as its going to be a tough run of games for the English sides especially.
According to Dale Johnson "he allowed the medical staff to come on"... :lmao

:lmao

The medical staff were all sitting doing fuck all and had to leg it and grab their kit bags, the fucking thundercunt

Indeed. Don't know why they go to these lengths to justify these decisions. And when they do admit the officials screwed up, it's always some wishy washy explanation that still attempts to credit the refs.
It’s not about ‘wanting’ them to beat Arsenal to the title. If Arsenal win the title it will cause some emotion as I despise Arteta and his gang of whinging, cheating, diving cry-arsing c*nts.
Are Pep,  Bernado Silva, Jack Grealish, Kyle Walker etc any better? At least Arsenal have made some sort of attempt to run the club within the rules and on sustainable grounds.
Have I got this right, people on boats are coming to the UK and then getting on a boat to Ireland to claim asylum?

If so then this was the Torys hope from the start, word has got out among the people coming on boats to travel to Ireland when they get to the UK, I don't believe this is about the Rwanda deterrent, it's about being treated better in Ireland, no fear of being sent anywhere.
It doesn't stop the boats coming though does it if the first part of the plan is to cross the channel on a boat to get to the UK.
Can see Ireland clamping right down on arrivals, the CTA will stay but they will demand ID from people who they think aren't from the UK.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World *
« Last post by Jon2lfc on Today at 05:56:20 pm »
I only got that version of Barnes. His ability to retain possession was phenomenal. Wasn't what we needed though as a DM was paramount (like now) as that midfield was as open as a (insert pun about something being very open) and we won pretty much nowt largely because of it.

Roy finally attempted to address that imbalance by bringing in Ince, unfortunately he wasn't the man for the job.

Ecstatic about Mo. The injury wrecked what was turning out to be another exceptional season for him. A full pre season and a few key additions to the team and we can expect another quality season from him.
I thought Roy brought in Poulsen for that job?
 ;D
PR stunt that changes nothing.
It was Wenger who first called it out when Mansoor took over and he got called whinger by everyone, would’ve been nice had he got some support then, that was probably the time to make a stand, feels like horse has bolted now.

Now then.
Bit rich for any arsenal fan to be saying wenger should have had more support...

;D
Do people not think Gomez will be back to being mainly a centre back option next season?
It’s not about ‘wanting’ them to beat Arsenal to the title. If Arsenal win the title it will cause some emotion as I despise Arteta and his gang of whinging, cheating, diving cry-arsing c*nts.

If Abu Dhabi win again then it’s another Meh.
Them cheating to 4, 5, 10, 12 titles in row makes no difference and creates no emotion whatsoever. They’ve already killed the game with their cheating. Being bothered about them winning just legitimises them as a football club, which they are not. If the PL do not do something about them then Abu Dhabi are the champions* they deserve.

As has been pointed out on here it also potentially dilutes the ‘one-team’ league issue.  Some will point to the fact both Arsenal and us have won it in recent years, completely ignoring the fact that to do so a points total of circa 90 was required.  Otherwise of course it would be ‘7-in-a-row’ for city.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10