Author Topic: 7he Manches7er Uni7ed 7hread - NO GREENWOOD/ANTONY*  (Read 569201 times)

Offline Redley

• Legacy Fan
  • Turned doubters to believers
Re: 7he Manches7er Uni7ed 7hread - NO GREENWOOD/ANTONY*
« Reply #9120 on: March 20, 2024, 12:27:17 pm »
Remember when Rashford was as good as Mbappe, media loves hyping up man utd players. They’re desperate for any good news story about them. Youd have forgotten they were 6th with the mass celebrations this week, for winning an fa cup quarter final..

Rashfords probably the best of the lot, which is quite something.

Januzaj was the new Messi, Pereira was going to be amazing, Nick Powell was the new Gerrard, Fosu-Mensah and Tuanzebe were going to be cornerstones of their defence for years. Brandon Williams, Chong, Angel Gomes, Greenwood (eurgh), Shoretire, Hannibal, Elanga, Pellistri, Garnacho.

They'll never not hype up young players. They're currently lumped with Rashford and McTominay, who are 27 and 28 this year, on big money. They seem to rate the success of their academy on how many get into the first team, rather than how many are actually any good. In terms of players who have actually become top players, like your Trents, Gerrards, Ashley Coles, Cescs or ones who are close like Saka and Foden, I genuinely don't think they've bought one through since Scholes in 1994.

But they dont see a problem because they've got loads who have played for the first team and the media then fucks them over by helping them hype these players to the moon. That academy is actually fucking horrendous for genuine successes.

Online Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9121 on: March 20, 2024, 12:30:52 pm »
Mainoo was so overhyped. I've read posts online with United fans claiming he dominated LFC's midfield!? I swear most people on social media don't watch games and base their opinions on the score and other crap they've read. How many times did he pass it to the advertising hoardings?
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Online The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #9122 on: March 20, 2024, 12:42:28 pm »

Januzaj was the new Messi, Pereira was going to be amazing, Nick Powell was the new Gerrard, Fosu-Mensah and Tuanzebe were going to be cornerstones of their defence for years. Brandon Williams, Chong, Angel Gomes, Greenwood (eurgh), Shoretire, Hannibal, Elanga, Pellistri, Garnacho.

They'll never not hype up young players. They're currently lumped with Rashford and McTominay, who are 27 and 28 this year, on big money. They seem to rate the success of their academy on how many get into the first team, rather than how many are actually any good. In terms of players who have actually become top players, like your Trents, Gerrards, Ashley Coles, Cescs or ones who are close like Saka and Foden, I genuinely don't think they've bought one through since Scholes in 1994.

But they dont see a problem because they've got loads who have played for the first team and the media then fucks them over by helping them hype these players to the moon. That academy is actually fucking horrendous for genuine successes.

They also don’t understand that all this hype is the worst thing that can happen to young players. Mainoo is talented, but he should be left alone to develop. Look at conor bradley who for me is ahead of Mainoo as he’s performing for a team that must win every week, i know hes not english but you dont get the sheer mad hype that you do with a United player. Now people are saying Mainoo needs to be starting in the euros alongside Rice and Bellingham because then youd have 3 world class players in midfield…

Offline Redley

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9123 on: March 20, 2024, 12:59:06 pm »
They also don’t understand that all this hype is the worst thing that can happen to young players. Mainoo is talented, but he should be left alone to develop. Look at conor bradley who for me is ahead of Mainoo as he’s performing for a team that must win every week, i know hes not english but you dont get the sheer mad hype that you do with a United player. Now people are saying Mainoo needs to be starting in the euros alongside Rice and Bellingham because then youd have 3 world class players in midfield…

Yeah, I mean I know fbref isn't an exact science but its pretty good at showing fairly clearly who is a good player and who isn't

https://fbref.com/en/players/bbd67769/Conor-Bradley

https://fbref.com/en/players/c6220452/Kobbie-Mainoo

Bradley profiles as a really good full back, and Mainoo doesn't really profile as...well anything, really.

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #9124 on: March 20, 2024, 01:26:08 pm »

Remember the hype around 21-year-old Phil Jones when he first signed for them?
Didn't Fergie big him up as the best ever, or words to that effect?

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9125 on: March 20, 2024, 01:27:21 pm »

Bastion of Invincibility would tell you that's what a top young player looks like.

Online whtwht

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9126 on: March 20, 2024, 01:32:56 pm »

Not the next Duncan Edwards??
He'll win the league in the next 3 years. Quote me on that.
Quote me on this, but come next season he'll be great for us. Just needs to remove the walking headless chicken next to him

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #9127 on: March 20, 2024, 01:44:24 pm »
Not the next Duncan Edwards??
That's the one.  ;D

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #9128 on: March 20, 2024, 01:46:16 pm »
He probably needs some rigorous testing in April 7th to see how good he really is.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline DarkOfTheManatee

• Anny Roader
« Reply #9129 on: March 20, 2024, 02:08:33 pm »
There surely isn't enough justice in this world for Southgate to become Man Utd manager. I fear it's a dream too far, unless he manages to win the Euros, in which case we just have to hope that the media adulation for him sways Ineos.

To be fair to Mainoo, coming into a dysfunctional team of overpaid mediocrities - who appear to receive muddled coaching at best - and still looking half-decent when you're only 18 is no mean feat. 'Next Seedorf' is obviously hyperbole from journalists/fans who are always looking for the next bandwagon, but he's already bringing more to the team than their £70m Real Madrid galactico.

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9130 on: March 20, 2024, 03:18:29 pm »
Is it fair to say we did similar last year with Bajcetic? He stood out last year partly because our midfield had looked so poor up to that point. Shame we haven’t got to see him in a better functioning midfield this season.

Obviously Mainoo gets more hype on account of being English, and a United player.

To an extent, it was a breath of fresh air to get a midfielder who could run and tackle :D but once he started taking the ball on the turn and marauding through newcastles midfield you knew he had some talent.

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9131 on: March 20, 2024, 03:43:54 pm »
There surely isn't enough justice in this world for Southgate to become Man Utd manager. I fear it's a dream too far, unless he manages to win the Euros, in which case we just have to hope that the media adulation for him sways Ineos.

I wouldn’t say he even needs to win it. Judging by their fans and the media’s behaviour this week a win in the 1/4 quarter final would be more than enough to declare him someone whose genius will reverberate throughout the game for decades.

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Deliverer of the -Q- de grace.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thought I was wrong once - but I was mistaken.
« Reply #9132 on: March 20, 2024, 04:23:38 pm »
I made the mistake of going on Twitter and just reading a couple of posts on it, convinces me they are just utter scumbags who will justify anything. It's a mad world we live in.

For certain sure there are some real sickos around - the scariest bit is they don't think any of 'em have got "between the ears" problems!!
There is nothing wrong with striving to win, so long as you don't set the prize above the game. There can be no dishonour in defeat nor any conceit in victory. What matters above all is that the team plays in the right spirit, with skill, courage, fair play,no favour and the result accepted without bitterness. Sir Matt Busby CBE KCSG 1909-1994

Offline norecat

• Kopite
« Reply #9133 on: March 20, 2024, 04:53:14 pm »
They have got to be favourites to reach the final with all due respect to Coventry. Credit to Mark Robins. He has done a fine job at Coventry. I could see United beating Chelsea but not City. If ETG did win the FA Cup and made CL then they would regard that as a successful season. I think his recruitment has been poor. Mainoo looks a player and someone they might be able to build a serious team around. For the money they have spent they are seriously underachieving since 2013.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9134 on: March 20, 2024, 05:27:46 pm »
Mainoo was so overhyped. I've read posts online with United fans claiming he dominated LFC's midfield!? I swear most people on social media don't watch games and base their opinions on the score and other crap they've read. How many times did he pass it to the advertising hoardings?

Big call. No one's dominated our midfield since Andre Gomes in 2018.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #9135 on: March 20, 2024, 07:15:10 pm »
Bastion of Invincibility would tell you that's what a top young player looks like.
With role models like fella I, and McGuire I think he's doing on.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Offline David in Edinburgh

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Klopp
« Reply #9137 on: March 20, 2024, 08:21:13 pm »
Fuck sake these c*nts are coming to Edinburgh July 20th to play a friendly against the blue arse cheek (rangers) at Murrayfield!! Two sets of absolute scum ridden rat bastard fans coming here......Arrgghh! A good weekend to be elsewhere I think.

Offline Kalito

• Legacy Fan
  • ***JFT97***
« Reply #9138 on: March 20, 2024, 09:46:23 pm »
Remember when Rashford was as good as Mbappe, media loves hyping up man utd players. They’re desperate for any good news story about them. Youd have forgotten they were 6th with the mass celebrations this week, for winning an fa cup quarter final..
Paul Scholes "Rashford can be as good as Neymar".  :)
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Mr Bill Shankly

"be careful of media, they can make you hate the oppressed and love the oppressors." - Malcolm X

The notion that an Occupier is defending itself is as absurd as the notion that the rapist is defending itself from the victim.

Offline Kalito

• Legacy Fan
  • ***JFT97***
« Reply #9139 on: March 20, 2024, 09:49:39 pm »
He said he'd be club's greatest ever player (something to that effect).  :D
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Mr Bill Shankly

"be careful of media, they can make you hate the oppressed and love the oppressors." - Malcolm X

The notion that an Occupier is defending itself is as absurd as the notion that the rapist is defending itself from the victim.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9140 on: March 20, 2024, 09:50:30 pm »
Paul Scholes "Rashford can be as good as Neymar".  :)

Love to overhype average players don't they ;D  Said this before, bu when my lad was at City, the coaches said they let Rashford go and they've never regretted it.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline vblfc

• "Verily, behold! Liverpool Football Club!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let your soul and spirit fly Into the mystic
« Reply #9141 on: March 20, 2024, 10:03:17 pm »
The only positive about Sunday seemed to be that Ten Hag should keep his job for a while based on the clear turning of another corner, as hyped by the usual journos. But then came this new hype about Southgate being next in line, which is even better. No lose situation.

Offline Zizou

• zo zon't ze zo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Cool as
« Reply #9142 on: March 20, 2024, 10:07:54 pm »
There's no way the Southgate stuff can be true, they'd have open revolt on their hands.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9143 on: March 20, 2024, 10:11:33 pm »
There's no way the Southgate stuff can be true, they'd have open revolt on their hands.

They're Man United, they'll do what they're told
Jurgen YNWA

Offline vblfc

• "Verily, behold! Liverpool Football Club!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let your soul and spirit fly Into the mystic
« Reply #9144 on: March 20, 2024, 10:12:12 pm »
please, just let us enjoy it mate 😂

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9145 on: March 20, 2024, 10:16:31 pm »
The hype over this Mainoo lad is ridiculous. It's actually not fair on their young players having to deal with that sort of stuff.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9146 on: March 20, 2024, 10:55:47 pm »
The hype over this Mainoo lad is ridiculous. It's actually not fair on their young players having to deal with that sort of stuff.
it's a damn disgrace.

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Offline MrGrumpy

• Miserable old man. Does things with Nutella while trying not to think about football.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9147 on: March 21, 2024, 09:25:43 am »

Few academies turn out world class players year after year, even clubs famous for their young players such as Ajax or Barcelona can go years without producing a player of note. However, a decent Premier League academy should routinely produce players that can plug gaps in the squad and be sold for profit e.g. Neco Williams. As much as it pains me to write anything nice about M** U, they have a decent record for this.
Justice for the 96!

Offline Redley

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9148 on: March 21, 2024, 09:50:53 am »

Few academies turn out world class players year after year, even clubs famous for their young players such as Ajax or Barcelona can go years without producing a player of note. However, a decent Premier League academy should routinely produce players that can plug gaps in the squad and be sold for profit e.g. Neco Williams. As much as it pains me to write anything nice about M** U, they have a decent record for this.

They've not produced a truly top player since the early 90s. We're not talking going years, we're talking decades.

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9149 on: March 21, 2024, 10:39:15 am »
They've not produced a truly top player since the early 90s. We're not talking going years, we're talking decades.

Yep unless we want to include Pogba as an academy product then this is true. They produce many players who can play PL football, more than most clubs but they haven’t produced a Trent for example who’s truly world class and been at their club from ages 9-11 since the Scholes, Giggs era.

Rashford looked at one point like he could have been that but at age 26, he only seems to be declining, Trent is a couple years younger and has already hit levels which will solidify him as a European great by the time he reaches 30.

Offline owens_2k

• Bagged the role of third spud in the annual RAWK panto
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9150 on: March 21, 2024, 12:44:09 pm »
The Mainoo call-up just reminds me of  when Cleverly was called up following one performance in the charity shield.

Offline owens_2k

• Bagged the role of third spud in the annual RAWK panto
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9151 on: March 21, 2024, 12:46:04 pm »
Also Neville talking openly on the Overlap about Fergie having deals with international managers to pull players out of international games. Common knowledge I know but interesting to hear it from a former player.

The amount of power fergie had over the media, refs and other managers is insane.

Offline MrGrumpy

• Miserable old man. Does things with Nutella while trying not to think about football.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9152 on: March 21, 2024, 12:52:49 pm »

No arguments there.
Justice for the 96!

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9153 on: March 21, 2024, 12:54:35 pm »
Yep unless we want to include Pogba as an academy product then this is true. They produce many players who can play PL football, more than most clubs but they haven’t produced a Trent for example who’s truly world class and been at their club from ages 9-11 since the Scholes, Giggs era.

Rashford looked at one point like he could have been that but at age 26, he only seems to be declining, Trent is a couple years younger and has already hit levels which will solidify him as a European great by the time he reaches 30.

Pogba isn't and never was a top class player even if you do count him.
Rashford on the face of it doesn't seem to have the stomach to do what it takes to get to the elite level. I think he could have been some player but he's spent his developing years at the wrong club with the wrong manager and in the wrong environment.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #9154 on: March 21, 2024, 02:01:52 pm »
Pogba isn't and never was a top class player even if you do count him.
Rashford on the face of it doesn't seem to have the stomach to do what it takes to get to the elite level. I think he could have been some player but he's spent his developing years at the wrong club with the wrong manager and in the wrong environment.

Overrated, if ever a player was bought because of his number of social media followers it is Pogba
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9155 on: March 21, 2024, 02:05:42 pm »

Overrated, if ever a player was bought because of his number of social media followers it is Pogba

Awful player. Awful attitude.

Offline Anfield Kopite

• Will vote for anyone who gives out
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9156 on: March 21, 2024, 03:55:25 pm »
Awful player. Awful attitude.
And banned for failing a couple of drug tests. If they were classed as performance enhancing he should demand a  refund.

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #9158 on: March 21, 2024, 07:18:40 pm »
The Mainoo call-up just reminds me of  when Cleverly was called up following one performance in the charity shield.
I read this morning that Mainoo's rise has been one of the most meteoric in the history of football.  :lmao
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #9159 on: March 21, 2024, 07:31:23 pm »
I read this morning that Mainoo's rise has been one of the most meteoric in the history of football.  :lmao

I’d say him dribbling past Joe Gomez is easily on a par with Patrick Kluivert scoring the winner in a European Cup Final at the age of 17. Surprised you would think otherwise.