Author Topic: I Saw  (Read 7489 times)

Offline AdamS

• Hey I'm Not Camp! But I am a tart...
  • Legacy Fan
    • BollockyBoo
I Saw
« on: February 12, 2004, 12:47:10 pm »
I have read quite a lot of views and opinions from those who were at Anfield last night and those that weren't. I was lucky enough to be there and I'd like to share what I saw.

I SAW A VERY POOR ATMOSPHERE FROM ALL BUT THE CITY FANS IN THE FIRST HALF

They were very loud early on. Blue Moon over You'll Never Walk Alone! Barely a peep from us, but lots of noise from them despite going down to an early goal.

I SAW MICHAEL OWEN LOOKING SHARP AND SCORING EARLY

To me as soon as he ran through he wasn't missing this chance. He had that confident swagger to his skip and beat James with ease! Well done Michael.

I SAW A LACK OF LIVERPOOL PLAYERS GETTING INTO THE BOX

Although we still pushed forward, we didn't do it with any numbers or with any real conviction.

I SAW A BIT OF HUMOUR FROM THE KOP

A nice welcome for the appreciative David James as The Kop clapped, then sang out "David James, England Number two!"

I SAW A CRACKING LITTLE PLAYER SCORE A GOOD GOAL FOR CITY

Shaun Wright-Phillips looked a good player all game and finished with confidence when put through by McMoneyman. You could criticise the defence but this was a good move by a team that looks much better going forward than they do defending.

I SAW THE KOP LIFT THE PLAYERS TO RE-TAKE THE LEAD

There were a few moans from around the ground when we were pulled back to one all, but credit to The Kop, they got behind the team and suddenly there was an atmosphere! The Fields Of Anfield Road was audible, the spirits lifted and within moments we were ahead.

I SAW A PLAYER WHO FOR ME IS THE MOST COMPLETE MIDFIELDER IN THE PREMIERSHIP

I am beginning to run out of superlatives for Stevie G; Fantastic, superb, inspirational, tremendous, awesome, are just a few I could use. This kid's good and no mistaking!

I SAW NO LACK OF EFFORT OR DESIRE

I saw the desire. I saw Bruno Cheyrou lose the ball, but chase McMoneyman into the corner and show him up for what he's always been, a bottler!
I saw Anthony Le-Talec running himself in to the ground.
I saw Stevie G cover every blade of grass on the pitch! Twice!

I SAW A LACK OF CONFIDENCE

I saw players who are feeling the pressure. I saw good players, very good players, playing with little or no confidence. I saw Harry Kewell looking like a broken man (he'll be back, but his confidence is on a zero figure). I saw players playing in the shadow of giants, I saw players playing in the expectations of legends. If I'm honest I saw players lacking in direction.

I SAW THE IMPATIENCE OF THE FANS

This only comes from a good place, from a desire for Liverpool Football Club to be successful. We all want the best for Liverpool, each and every fan and I totally understand our frustrations, but moaning at every misplaced pass, every missed tackle or every backward step will not help the players.

I SAW THE HOW DIVIDED SOME FANS CURRENTLY ARE

I know we have the Pro-Houllier, the Anti-Houllier, the Wait and See etc, but I don't remember a time when fans were so divided, so against each other and so split.

I SAW MICHAEL OWEN BE THE LAST PLAYER TO WALK OFF THE PITCH

Please can we sing his name more? Please can we let this lad know how much he means to the club? Please can we beg him to stay? He appreciated his name being called last night, let's hear more of it!

I SAW US AT FOURTH PLACE IN THE LEAGUE

It wasn't the best performance, but how many times have we played really well and not ended up with a thing? There is a balance to be struck, a balance, which at the moment we can't find, but I don't think its a million miles away. I've seen things change on a moment of magic (Gary Mac and 44 yards anyone?)

I SAW THE ANSWER TO A MUCH ASKED QUESTION

The question has been greatly asked, "Is it the crowd that makes the team play well or the team that makes the crowd sing well?" My personal view has always been that it was an unspoken reciprocal agreement - we do our bit & you do yours. What was apparent yesterday was that at the moment the players need us more! We need to get them going, we need to lift them, and this is when your "support" is necessary. Yes we do have high expectations, yes we expect more - but this is my impassioned plea to you fellow Reds - We are in this together, lets unite and get behind the team!

That's what I saw, I hope soon we soar together!

COME ON YOU MIGHTY REDS!

© Monkey 2004
« Last Edit: February 12, 2004, 05:12:19 pm by Rushian »
If A is a success in life, than A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut.

Offline Armin

• Reformed RAWK Traitor
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm up on the pavement
  • Super Title: Keep off the Grass!
Re: I SAW
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2004, 12:55:38 pm »
I saw that you've been typing your posts in word and copying over the hidden formatting characters  :P

But then you saw it too before I could bug you about it. >:(

Anyway was a good most my simian friend, but next time your at the game you should pay more attention, sounds like you weren't watching to me :P
Well, I don't know what it is, but there's definitely something going on upstairs

Offline adamski

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2004, 01:00:57 pm »
Great post.

Wasn't it great when Michael clapped the Kop as they chanted his name when he was walking off?

Crowd didn't deserve to be applauded though.  :(

Offline cabbage04

• Kemlynite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2004, 01:09:40 pm »
I saw Heskey and I didn't want to see him

I saw Biscan and I didn't want to see him.

I heard about 500 LFC fans singing in the Kop and about 3,000 city taking the piss.

'' it's like being in church '' (to true)

It's shite at Anfield these days isn't it?????? (go on start to question my support) I don't give a fuck what you say

We all hate mancs and mancs and mancs, couldn't even get going against city.............

ONE UP FRONT AT HOME TO CITY (shameful) they are shite.....

Offline cabbage04

• Kemlynite
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2004, 01:11:18 pm »
Great post.

Wasn't it great when Michael clapped the Kop as they chanted his name when he was walking off?

Crowd didn't deserve to be applauded though.  :(

grow up - It was Houlliers tactics that were being booed.....Heskey boooooooooooooooooooo sell that lump of lard

Offline adamski

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2004, 01:56:38 pm »
grow up - It was Houlliers tactics that were being booed.....Heskey boooooooooooooooooooo sell that lump of lard

Listen mate. You're new here so I wont be too harsh.

Take a look around the site. In general, you'll find intelligent, well reasoned discussion. If you think you're incapable of participating in that, then there's a great place for people like you over at www.liverpoolfc.tv. Their message boards are full of idiotic, immature ramblings.

Offline Sedge

• Kemlynite
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2004, 01:57:24 pm »
Great post Monkey !
Didn't go to the game last night, but when I saw all the results come in I was made up ! what a good night for LFC.
Felt happy coming to work this morning, then I logged onto the web and found out about the boo's, team tactics,negative comments galore, obviously then I didn't feel too happy ???
But thanks to your post it has put the smile back on my face and now I can't wait till Sunday when I will be there and I will be singing my heart out fro the lads ;)

Offline WOOLTONIAN

• The Garston Gasworks XI.....aka "Beryl".....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Brodrick ; Vice Admiral of the Reds
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2004, 01:59:25 pm »
Can I borra yer specs for the next game please.
These ones I've got are crap, they make us look Dull and lethergic
Living descendant of Sir Thomas Brodrick, Vice Admiral of the Red in the 18th Century

Offline AdamS

• Legacy Fan
    • BollockyBoo
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2004, 02:02:58 pm »
Can I borra yer specs for the next game please.
These ones I've got are crap, they make us look Dull and lethergic
Just had that laser treatment mate! It's dead good! I just don't like all this negativity! That's what I saw!
If A is a success in life, than A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut.

Offline rakey_lfc

• pwned by Ronaldo...and eBay
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a people's man - only the people matter.”
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2004, 02:06:36 pm »
I saw half of block 125 trying to outsing the man city fans

i saw that when every fan sung after we had gone 2-1 we outsung them and they shut up

Pity we can sing for 10 and not 90minutes.
SUPPORT AND BELIEVE

You'll Never Walk Alone

Xbox 360 gamertag - TonyB1604

Offline cabbage04

• Kemlynite
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2004, 02:09:57 pm »
Listen mate. You're new here so I wont be too harsh.

Take a look around the site. In general, you'll find intelligent, well reasoned discussion. If you think you're incapable of participating in that, then there's a great place for people like you over at www.liverpoolfc.tv. Their message boards are full of idiotic, immature ramblings.

Be as harsh ar you like lad,

those point were just my oppinion, or are you only botherd about your own oppinion?

Imature ramblings -heheh-

I was merely trying to let you understand why booing was happening at the game last night - it was geds tactics that were being booed - so it was GH getting booed really wasn't it???? yes.

why do you think the loudest chant of the game was ATTACK ATTACK ATTCK?????

hhhhmmm I wonder

(hope I didn't immaturly ramble to much for you there?????

Offline rakey_lfc

• pwned by Ronaldo...and eBay
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a people's man - only the people matter.”
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2004, 02:20:08 pm »
The chant "attack attack attack" is pretty poor,

We shouldnt have to resort to that.

The difference between us and united and arsenal. They attack for 90minutes not 20minutes of the game
SUPPORT AND BELIEVE

You'll Never Walk Alone

Xbox 360 gamertag - TonyB1604

Offline cabbage04

• Kemlynite
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2004, 02:25:58 pm »
exactly.

we are LFC attcking should be second nature.

lets hope we attack Pompey or we wont have a piss up in Cardiff to look forwrd to.

Offline adamski

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2004, 02:28:25 pm »

::) - bullshit

We all hate mancs and mancs and mancs, couldn't even get going against city.............

::) -  you think if we all sang that, we'd be good supporters!

Offline Lee J

• As Streetwise As An Owl - Twat Twooooo! What garden? Likes to have his nuts felt, especially now he is Tufty The Squirrel.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
    • Work website
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2004, 02:29:09 pm »
The chant "attack attack attack" is pretty poor,

We shouldnt have to resort to that.

The difference between us and united and arsenal. They attack for 90minutes not 20minutes of the game

Shit, and there were we standing on the Kop in the 80's singing it, smack my wrist  ;)
As a young man Cameron looked out on the social carnage of pit closures and mass unemployment, looked at Margaret Thatcher's government and thought, these are my people. When all the debating is done, that is really all I need to know.

Offline adamski

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2004, 02:29:57 pm »
Shit, and there were we standing on the Kop in the 80's singing it, smack my wrist  ;)

;D

Offline Barney_Rubble

• #
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2004, 02:41:08 pm »

Good one Monkey.

Have a banana...

;) :D

87:13

Offline Aremm

• Anny Roader
  • Come On You Mighty Reds
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2004, 02:50:05 pm »

not correct...

arsenal maybe...

man utd, no...you obviously don't see many of their matches or speak to many of their fans who quite frankly are disillusioned with the 4-5-1, disgusted by their non-attacking attitude, and half expect defeats like last night while they continue playing the way the have been for much of the last 3 years...

the difference is they still manage to scrape wins...

Offline Tetti

• RAWK Agony Aunt. Has a thing for gay singers...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • When you walk....
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2004, 03:23:58 pm »

As I didn't  SEE the game ( as I would have been done for child abandonment, before I get barracked by the the "you wasn't there" brigade ), did anyone notice Michael's "round shouldered despondency" at the end of the game. Co-commentator on 5 live extra made a big deal out of what he thought he saw.
Never give up

Offline AdamS

• Legacy Fan
    • BollockyBoo
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2004, 03:29:15 pm »
As I didn't  SEE the game ( as I would have been done for child abandonment, before I get barracked by the the "you wasn't there" brigade ), did anyone notice Michael's "round shouldered despondency" at the end of the game. Co-commentator on 5 live extra made a big deal out of what he thought he saw.

That's crap Terry! You should have been there ;D

No he was talking crap - Michael was the last off the pitch and seemed to be really chuffed with the response the crowb gave him! IMO

Offline cabbage04

• Kemlynite
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2004, 04:04:42 pm »
::) - bullshit ::) -  you think if we all sang that, we'd be good supporters!

YES THE KOP WERE BOOOING HOULLIERS TACTICS , HE BROUGHT BISCAN ON AND EVERYONE BOOOED AND CHANTED ATTACK ATTCK ATTCK  F..A..C..T

Yes against city and utd we should chant WE ALL FUCKING HATE MANCS...................

now what's your problem?

Offline Kirsty

• Has a list of older men she'd like to 'wotsit'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @kirstycurran
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2004, 04:35:11 pm »
exactly.

we are LFC attcking should be second nature.

lets hope we attack Pompey or we wont have a piss up in Cardiff to look forwrd to.

like you're old enough to drink  ::)

and if you are old enough to drink, wherever you were sent to get an education should be closed down ffs

fuck off back to .tv and go play in the playground with them

Offline HoullierGirl

• Anny Roader
Re: I Saw
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2004, 04:47:41 pm »
Nice post Monkey.  :wave  It's depressing and a sign of what's happened to us that we can't be happy even after a win.

Cabbage, stop trying to instigate/continue a dead argument and hop over to the Liverpool forum in the Boot Room and have a better discussion please.  Ta.
[img width= height= alt=Up Yours" border="0]http://img106.exs.cx/img106/7650/hasselhoffianrecursion3tm.gif[/img]

Offline Ian-TN

• The slightly shop spoiled Jon Hall
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2004, 04:49:43 pm »
Yes against city and utd we should chant WE ALL FUCKING HATE MANCS...................

now what's your problem?

We did fuckin chant it on a few occasions though!

Personally I'd have sing Liverpool songs gettin behind OUR team instead of windin up a bunch of mancs who mean nothin to me.
To an interpreter, regarding excited Italian journalists:
'Just tell them I completely disagree with everything they say.'

Offline RetiRed

• Kemlynite
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2004, 05:00:01 pm »
What I saw was a team in Red that were a class above the team in blue play like a team in blue that had not won a game for 13 games.

Mickey's goal was as good a goal as he has ever scored. (looked better on TV than it did from the Kop) We should have gone on from that to win the game in style. I dont mean a bagfull of goals, but that would have been nice. But in the way that City played for the last 15 minutes or so. We looked as if WE had not won in month's and we were hanging on at the Arse or Man Utd. Sheer panic and kicking it anywhere.

We should have been passing it about like they were, that is the best way to win games not throw on two players that seem to get worse with every game. Thats how we used to do it all those years ago.

Offline Ben S

• Remember we were partners in crime. Pigeon Fancier. GTL Bus Freak. Also known as Bambi, apparently - or Miss Kitty on Wednesdays....
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool 5 - 1 London
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2004, 05:37:57 pm »
I saw the charset needs changing

Offline owenfootballdream

• you're on it
  • Main Stander
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2004, 05:38:32 pm »
"I SAW MICHAEL OWEN BE THE LAST PLAYER TO WALK OFF THE PITCH

Please can we sing his name more? Please can we let this lad know how much he means to the club? Please can we beg him to stay? He appreciated his name being called last night, let's hear more of it!"

Glad to hear that. Wish I could watch it. I think we should sing his name more as well. Owen had been low on confidence and needs confidence not only from getting a goal, but also from the confidence that comes from the trust and confidence the fans place in him. Owen has also been disappointed I think with the way the fans have been saying such things about him and it's about time we get behind him and give him 1000% support!

He'll end up with 30+ goals that way ;)
"I'm not the best when I score 3, but I'm the worst when I miss 3"

Offline Floundy

• Anny Roader
  • BollockyBoo
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2004, 10:35:01 pm »
TODAY I SAW......

My mate Monkey being one of the few Reds fans talking sense in a good long while!  I think Mr M&S Monkey is spot on in just about all he said - I mean did we win the game?

Yes

Did Mike get back on the score sheet?

Yes

Are we in the last champions league place?

Yes

Ok so the football we played didn't set the world on fire but what would you seriously prefer?  Getting ourselves back on track and taking the 3 points?  Or throwing everyone into attack after attack and pissing the game away?  I know I might take a slating for saying so, but I just don't think that we are capable of playing that kind of football ......yet.

I would prefer that we played with the conviction we showed last night, digging in and getting the results that count.  No one complained us playing some mind numbing footy in the treble season (the Barcelona games anybody?) but it got results. 

In the summer we have (according to the worst kept secret in football) we have a world class striker in Cisse on the way, and in the next few weeks Baros will be back in the side and we will be looking like a potent force up front again - especially with HK back firing on all cylinders.

Have faith my red brothers and be happy with 3 points and may there be many more
I am JD, and that's the end of that chapter...........

Offline Big Ig

• His is totally non-existent, you know?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2004, 02:20:21 pm »
Spot on Monkey! Every word a true one... if that's what you saw, I think our eyes were separated at birth  :)