Author Topic: Pre-match thread: Manchester United vs Liverpool  (Read 35702 times)

Offline Bend It Like Aurelio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Pre-match thread: Manchester United vs Liverpool
« Reply #120 on: August 19, 2022, 12:07:12 pm »
I mean, it was a cheap shot... but I still laughed...

Taking cheap shots is the entire basis of Agbonlahor’s punditry career.

Offline Rawkybalboa

• "I wouldn't have a clue..."
  • No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
  • somebody puts his hand on u, send him2the grave
« Reply #121 on: August 19, 2022, 12:07:49 pm »
Whats the cut off point for Utd to have CashyMoro available?

Offline BigCDump

• Kopite
  • Let's Klopp Til' We Drop
« Reply #122 on: August 19, 2022, 12:08:23 pm »
Ali, Robbo, Virg, Gomez, Trent, Fab, Hendo, Naby, Diaz, Bobby, Mo.

Anyone thinking differently?

Swap Elliot for Bobby and Milner for Hendo.
Nineteen Six. Believe it now, baby!

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: August 19, 2022, 12:12:10 pm »
Swap Elliot for Bobby and Milner for Hendo.

:o

Offline JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #124 on: August 19, 2022, 12:12:24 pm »

Unfortunately it will be Milner instead of Hendo as he is apparently out. Is Bobby fit?
Due to lack of numbers I think Carvalho will also start.

Offline Caston

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: August 19, 2022, 12:12:28 pm »
Whats the cut off point for Utd to have CashyMoro available?

12 minutes ago

Offline Rawkybalboa

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
« Reply #126 on: August 19, 2022, 12:17:14 pm »
12 minutes ago

Thats good coz hes a dirty fekr against us. Not that McFred are not dirty either, but at least they useless

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: August 19, 2022, 12:25:41 pm »
Unfortunately it will be Milner instead of Hendo as he is apparently out. Is Bobby fit?
Due to lack of numbers I think Carvalho will also start.

Where's this henderson news coming from?
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline Caston

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: August 19, 2022, 12:31:06 pm »
Where's this henderson news coming from?

I think he’s fine. He was pictured yesterday with the group but not in any main training sessions. But Klopp didn’t mention him today so presume he’s all good.

Online Redman78

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: August 19, 2022, 12:37:08 pm »

Hendo for Fab in the 6, as we did last season to great effort, and partly because Fab has been underwhelming for a while IMO. I'd bring in Elliott as the other 8.

Offline NarutoReds

• Looking for an alcohol-fuelled sixsome with Crosby Nick, Ghost Town, WhereAngelsPlay, Charlie Adams fried egg and Al 666. Any takers?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Saw Everton - "I'd shut the curtains..."
« Reply #130 on: August 19, 2022, 12:38:08 pm »
Thiago's injury might weaken us a bit and force us to tweak a formation. For all Elliott's wonderful energy, the Spaniard's range of passing will be missed.

What I hope is Henderson could do a visionary defence-splitting pass against United while covering miles wide of midfield. Need creativity and vision, that and not just speed and athleticism.

Against them, fuck the winning big or pretty (not against it, mind... happy if it does happen) but any ugly win will do to me.

My childhood, I was growing up with Alex Ferguson (spit) in the realm of United's domination of English football.

When I first got married, I worried about two things. First, my wife's feminist card would be played if me the husband and she didn't split things right down the middle.

Second is, Red Devils domination (spit, "ptuihh!!") continued and it would drive me crazy and wreck my marriage due to my moody mood swing on the weekly basis and affecting my sex life. Currently, right now, my eldest daughter is 10 years old and my son is 8 years old.

Before they were born, United already won 19 league titles, eleven FA Cups and four League Cups. That's how old I am.

I watched Liverpool under Roy Hodgson (spit, "ptuihh!!", spit, "ptuihh!!") with the world conquering midfield consists of Jay Spearing (tipped to be "the new Gerrard" when he came through the Liverpool academy), Jonjo Shelvey (signed for £1.8m from Charlton) AND Christian Poulsen, from Juventus and the Danish midfielder.

So "batterring them United" is just a big bonus for me but the win is always will do even if it's ugly as fuck and cuter than a penguin.

It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for and to remind the opposition who they're playing against!

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: August 19, 2022, 12:41:52 pm »

Elliott deserves to start, and it sounds like Hendo isn't fit, so I'd make that my only change for me.

Elliot and Keita both need to start, as players that win the ball high up the pitch (Elliot was great at this against Palace, anyway) - if anyone saw highlights of Brentford battering United they'll know how useful this'd be, especially while our midfield isn't linking all that fluently with our front three.

Offline Rawkybalboa

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
« Reply #132 on: August 19, 2022, 01:00:45 pm »
If we somehow lose to that laughing stock banter club Utd on Monday. We could well be bottom of the league.
I hope not but I will be fuming.
I dont buy that nonsense lets wait another year for Bellingham. Dont tell me theres no one we can buy to improve that midfield or squad.
And we should have plenty of money too. Klopp has to play along cause he has to work with what hes got hes hardly gonna say anything to affect his team.

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: August 19, 2022, 01:08:25 pm »
If we somehow lose to that laughing stock banter club Utd on Monday. We could well be bottom of the league.
I dont buy that nonsense lets wait another year for Bellingham. Dont tell me theres no one we can buy to improve that midfield or squad.
And we should have plenty of money too. Klopp has to play along cause he has to work with what hes got hes hardly gonna say anything to affect his team.

Or maybe we should trust our manager and owners to continue doing the great job they have thus far.

If Klopp thinks a new midfielder is vital we'll sign one. If not then i'm good with that also.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #134 on: August 19, 2022, 01:10:11 pm »
Any win will do here but I do hope it's constant pressure on them for 90 minutes, searching for as many goals as we can. Replicate the ruthlessness of the first hour at Old Trafford last season. Fulham and Palace's goalies must have been absolutely delighted with how those last two games panned out, neither had much to do at all, that can't be the same on Monday night, it needs to be plenty of efforts against a keeper in De Gea who is really struggling at the minute.

Alisson
Trent   Gomez   Virgil   Robertson
Fabinho   Naby   Elliot
Diaz   Bobby   Salah

Just. Fucking. Win.

COME ON YOU FUCKIN REDMEN!!!!!!
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: August 19, 2022, 01:14:39 pm »
The table doesn’t lie. If we lose then we would deserve to be bottom of the table.
Let’s hope we don’t tho.

Offline Rawkybalboa

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
« Reply #136 on: August 19, 2022, 02:16:28 pm »
The table doesn’t lie. If we lose then we would deserve to be bottom of the table.
Let’s hope we don’t tho.

Exactly

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #137 on: August 19, 2022, 02:21:43 pm »
I wish Klopp had rung Talksport like he wanted to. But I find it amazing that Klopp listens to Talksport in the first place.

Offline anfieldpurch

• Simple
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96!!
« Reply #138 on: August 19, 2022, 02:29:06 pm »
I wish Klopp had rung Talksport like he wanted to. But I find it amazing that Klopp listens to Talksport in the first place.
He could just have seen a video that went viral, I often see their videos with Agbonlahor pop up across social media
Proud father to Riley James Lucas 16/3/17

Offline JasonF

• Frenkie says "Ilaix, don't do it"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #139 on: August 19, 2022, 02:32:34 pm »
He could just have seen a video that went viral, I often see their videos with Agbonlahor pop up across social media

He said he was listening in the car I think on his way home. I doubt he goes out of his way to listen to it but sounds like he watched the first half of the Man Utd game then went home so was probably interested to hear what they were saying at half time with them being 4-0 down or to catch some of the second half while he was driving.

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: August 19, 2022, 02:36:02 pm »

He was listening to the game i think. Delighted he called them out on their shit.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: August 19, 2022, 02:36:11 pm »
Let’s hope we don’t tho.

Have you looked at the teams with 0 and 1 points after 2 games I might add? You think they'll all win as well?

Offline sattapaartridge

• The new 'pete price' of RAWK.
  • Legacy Fan
  • @sattapaal
« Reply #142 on: August 19, 2022, 03:22:17 pm »
reckon with all this keita speculation, he's gonna start the game. so a hendo, fabinho and keita midfield. a shame for Elliot if he doesnt play, cos he's showing good form, but a strong bench is going to be important vs United (And i think for the rest of the season)
did you know that 10 x 2 and 11 x 2 have the same answer?

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: August 19, 2022, 03:35:49 pm »

The guy is on social media and listens and watches all the talksport, banter stuff. He probably watches all the fan media and is probably reading all the forums. He is such a liar when he says he pays no interest to that stuff.

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: August 19, 2022, 03:37:53 pm »
The guy is on social media and listens and watches all the talksport, banter stuff. He probably watches all the fan media and is probably reading all the forums. He is such a liar when he says he pays no interest to that stuff.
He definitely watches Redmen TV and the Anfield Wrap.

Online Redman78

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: August 19, 2022, 04:05:47 pm »
He was listening to the game i think. Delighted he called them out on their shit.

He's admitted that he listens to talksport, he's taken a shot at Simon Jordan last season, based on something he said on his show.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: August 19, 2022, 06:50:01 pm »

I don't think it's too cool to say that, let me say it like this.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #147 on: August 19, 2022, 08:38:13 pm »
Thanks for the OP Mons. Great job.

Really have no idea how this will go, but couldn’t give a fuck what it means to them we have to kick start our season with a win. On paper we should win as we have the last two seasons but we should have won our first two on paper.

Bit annoying we have to wait til Monday again but Whatever the team just gonna get behind them and will us on to 3 points. Come on red men
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Bend It Like Aurelio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: August 19, 2022, 09:12:33 pm »
Think we're getting the underdogs tag boysssssssss

Casemiro will forever change United.

Maybe not,

Place your bets

Offline ac

• Headless chicken
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: August 19, 2022, 09:14:42 pm »
Eliott has arguably been our best player this season. I'd play him Fab and Keita on the left. Will be interesting to see if how Firmino plays - hopefully he can prove the doubters that say his legs have gone wrong

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #150 on: August 19, 2022, 10:21:26 pm »
Think the bench will be better than Palace. In a world of five subs, the bench is becoming almost as important as the starting XI.

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #151 on: August 19, 2022, 10:26:26 pm »
Eliott has arguably been our best player this season.
Might be true but in a sample size of two league games and the fact Klopp alters his midfield regularly, I’m thinking he will keep rotating Elliott given his age and ongoing development.

Offline Red1976

• Main Stander
« Reply #152 on: August 19, 2022, 11:00:32 pm »

I do not think it is due to a lack of money we have not brought a midfielder. It is more that FSG and Klopp are after a certain type of player rather than buying anyone who looks half decent (the Man Utd approach lol). These players are difficult to buy as their clubs do not want to sell them. The FSG and Klopp approach to transfers has been pretty good so far, so I have faith in them.

I won't put it past us drawing against MU on Monday.

Offline Dougle

• and the bleu cat!
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: August 19, 2022, 11:26:11 pm »
Cracker of an OP. Thanks.

I had an uneasy feeling before both Fulham and Palace games. But I never thought we'd be so sluggish against Fulham or lack the killer instinct against Palace. Obviously I didn't expect Nunez to get a red either.  We've made bad decisions, had a ton of injuries, no luck and come up against 2 teams who were well prepared tactically and (better ??) physically. We've given away 3 lead goals and have had to struggle to create equalisers.
Now Utd.
My bad feeling says they cannot, possibly, be as utterly hopeless as they have been so far. They have been dicked by 2 well prepared and clever managers with real clarity in systems. They have played like blindmen. Fumbled.
Surely they will play proper players in their proper positions and have a plan. They will have 70,000 baying for them. Get a lead goal and it could be the momentum they crave and a beautiful moment for Ten Hags and the mob.
That's my worry. They hold on until something good breaks for them and suddenly the pressure lifts and we've got another massive struggle on our hands.
So...

But I do think we will also be better. We never gave up. I liked a lot of what we did first and last 30 against Palace. I loved seeing Joe back and fluid. I liked how the players really stepped up when they went down to 10. I think the tide is rising for us. What I want to see is the moment the players realise they are collectively and individually confident and they know they are in the groove and they know Utd know the game is up .... Relax, settle down, get control, and get the first goal. Then we will see the flow and the power and the intelligence and we will win... That's my good feeling.

Offline anandg_lfc

• Anny Roader
« Reply #154 on: August 20, 2022, 12:33:35 am »
It's all about scoring that first goal. It will be interesting to see how klopp sets up the midfield. I am hoping to see fab, keita and hendo starting in midfield as it will provide good balance in the early stages.

Gomez looked really good in his short appearance against palace and it's the perfect situation to establish himself as a starter. If gomez has the same pace as before, we will be keeping a lot clean sheets going forward.

I expected klopp to make some joke about Ten Haag and cycling. 

Offline Armchair expert

• Almost makes you agree with Gove
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meet the new boss.....same as the old boss
« Reply #155 on: August 20, 2022, 06:59:37 am »
Not sure why Klopp is listening to TalkShite nor defending Man fucking Utd….I hate shite like this as sometimes it has a tendency to bite you on the arse and by that I mean if we lose it gives gobshites like Agbonlawhore and others to crow even more and how Jurgen should concentrate on his own struggling team and then throw in the “mentality monsters” dig.

Offline Fitzy.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #156 on: August 20, 2022, 07:36:17 am »
Not sure why Klopp is listening to TalkShite nor defending Man fucking Utd….I hate shite like this as sometimes it has a tendency to bite you on the arse and by that I mean if we lose it gives gobshites like Agbonlawhore and others to crow even more and how Jurgen should concentrate on his own struggling team and then throw in the “mentality monsters” dig.
Aren't you contradicting your own opening remark here?

You're complaining about Klopp engaging with Talksport while also pinning your own anxiety on the hollow nonsense that will emerge from the exact same media outlet if Liverpool don't win.

I'm no fan of Talksport - probably not listened to it in about 10 years. I only know about it through clipped videos on social media. However, tabloid media should also be exposed as and when it is appropriate. Klopp was also distancing himself from the 'United are awful' narrative that he was being encouraged to engage in.

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: August 20, 2022, 09:04:26 am »
Two MNF’s in a row is annoying.

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: August 20, 2022, 11:02:42 am »
Let's #EmptyOldTrafford again!

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #159 on: August 20, 2022, 11:10:40 am »
Two MNF’s in a row is annoying.

To be honest I don’t know why they bother. The moment the champions league returns it takes four of the ‘bigger sides’ out the equation for a majority of the season anyway

Just scrap it and keep it Saturday and Sundays