Author Topic: Darwin Núñez (Darwin Gabriel Núñez Ribeiro)  (Read 1015986 times)

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
Re: Welcome Darwin Núñez !!!
« Reply #3880 on: October 28, 2022, 01:51:00 pm »
So therefore it doesn't matter if Nunez dives and acts then?
I have to say, I love Nunez and think he's fantastic, but that face clutch and dive was embarrassing.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3881 on: October 28, 2022, 01:59:24 pm »
I have to say, I love Nunez and think he's fantastic, but that face clutch and dive was embarrassing.
To be fair to him, he was caught in the face. I’d rather him go down too easily than retaliate and get sent off.

He will learn tho that we get fuck all from the refs in the PL and will just get on with things rather than trying to get something from the officials.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #3882 on: October 28, 2022, 02:01:51 pm »
To be fair to him, he was caught in the face. I’d rather him go down too easily than retaliate and get sent off.

He will learn tho that we get fuck all from the refs in the PL and will just get on with things rather than trying to get something from the officials.

Or maybe he'll take a bite out of crime...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #3883 on: October 28, 2022, 02:09:31 pm »
Anyone else sat with smile on their face listening to Klopp talk about him just now? :D

Online JasonF

• Frenkie says "Ilaix, don't do it"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #3884 on: October 28, 2022, 02:14:31 pm »
Anyone else sat with smile on their face listening to Klopp talk about him just now? :D

Klopp thinks he has great technique. But he must be mistaken as I read in here that his technique is awful. Who to believe?

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3885 on: October 28, 2022, 02:29:36 pm »

maybe he has that special delayed onset pain condition? it's rare admittedly - but possible.

:D

Offline Davidbowie

• Legacy Fan
  • The Thin White Duke
« Reply #3886 on: October 28, 2022, 02:33:46 pm »
Klopp thinks he has great technique. But he must be mistaken as I read in here that his technique is awful. Who to believe?

TBF Klopp is hardly going to say his technique is shit is he?
FAME makes a man take things over

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3887 on: October 28, 2022, 02:35:10 pm »

He wouldn't never make it as a pro in South America if he wasn't half decent.

Online JasonF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #3888 on: October 28, 2022, 02:37:02 pm »

He didn't need to say anything. He commented unprompted that he's heard some people comment on Darwin's technique and that they should see what he does in training.

I'm sure the full quote will be out soon cos I'm paraphrasing but I don't think he's underwhelmed with Núñez like some of those ridiculous reports a couple of months ago, put it that way.

Online JasonF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #3889 on: October 28, 2022, 02:40:39 pm »
“For all of these things, his numbers are incredible, to be absolutely honest. And I’m pretty sure his xG is pretty high as well, he had a few chances that he missed, but he’s scored as well, and he’s involved in a lot of finishing moments, a lot of things.

“The steps he’s making are really big, and that means that he settles in more and more. A great month for him."

"Nobody knows, he doesn’t know,” the Liverpool boss said when asked how good Nunez could eventually be.

“It’s so exciting, but he has to stay fit, he has to be available all the time, and he wasn’t against Nottingham Forest. That’s all important in the life of a professional football player. So we have to work on all the different areas.

“The potential is incredible. It’s not only speed, the attitude is really good, he’s a real worker, and again I tell you, I know there’s some people who think “technically, not sure, first touch,” it’s incredible.

“That he doesn’t bring it on the pitch at the moment all the time, his first touch might be here or there sometimes, it’s nothing to do with technique. It’s just a bit too late, awareness, orientation and all these kind of things, but that’s all possible to develop and to learn obviously, and that’s where we’re at.

“It’s really exciting, but where it can go I have no idea.”

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2022/10/his-numbers-are-incredible-jurgen-klopp-so-excited-by-darwin-nunez-potential/
« Last Edit: October 28, 2022, 02:42:36 pm by JasonF »

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3890 on: October 28, 2022, 02:42:34 pm »
“For all of these things, his numbers are incredible, to be absolutely honest. And I’m pretty sure his xG is pretty high as well, he had a few chances that he missed, but he’s scored as well, and he’s involved in a lot of finishing moments, a lot of things.

“The steps he’s making are really big, and that means that he settles in more and more. A great month for him."

"Nobody knows, he doesn’t know,” the Liverpool boss said when asked how good Nunez could eventually be.

“It’s so exciting, but he has to stay fit, he has to be available all the time, and he wasn’t against Nottingham Forest. That’s all important in the life of a professional football player. So we have to work on all the different areas.

“The potential is incredible. It’s not only speed, the attitude is really good, he’s a real worker, and again I tell you, I know there’s some people who think “technically, not sure, first touch,” it’s incredible.

“That he doesn’t bring it on the pitch at the moment all the time, his first touch might be here or there sometimes, it’s nothing to do with technique. It’s just a bit too late, awareness, orientation and all these kind of things, but that’s all possible to develop and to learn obviously, and that’s where we’re at.

“It’s really exciting, but where it can go I have no idea.”

Klopp said this??

Online JasonF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #3891 on: October 28, 2022, 02:43:26 pm »
Klopp said this??

He did aye 😂 it was not long after one of the journos had referenced Leeds' xg to be fair.

Offline mickeydocs

• Legacy Fan
  • Jurgen Klopp - best Liverpool coach since Paisley
« Reply #3892 on: October 28, 2022, 03:50:15 pm »

Klopp clearly doesn't follow James on rawk. He could learn alot about his squad from James.
It’s easy to believe when it’s going well.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #3893 on: October 28, 2022, 04:03:48 pm »
Klopp clearly doesn't follow James on rawk. He could learn alot about his squad from James.

Klopp should sit down next to him...

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #3894 on: October 28, 2022, 04:25:45 pm »
I mean Klopp literally says that his first touch is sometimes iffy in that quote, but they're working on it and it's not down to technique.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2022, 04:28:08 pm by tubby »
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Online JasonF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #3895 on: October 28, 2022, 04:35:29 pm »
I mean Klopp literally says that his first touch is sometimes iffy in that quote, but they're working on it and it's not down to technique.

We were told he had terrible technique, that it was akin to signing Usain Bolt etc. by some posters in this thread.

It's important to have balance, nobody is saying he's the complete footballer, he's obviously very raw. But if Klopp says he has "incredible technique" then I would take that opinion over someone on here saying he's trash and posting horse gifs.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #3896 on: October 28, 2022, 04:39:21 pm »
We were told he had terrible technique, that it was akin to signing Usain Bolt etc. by some posters in this thread.

It's important to have balance, nobody is saying he's the complete footballer, he's obviously very raw. But if Klopp says he has "incredible technique" then I would take that opinion over someone on here saying he's trash and posting horse gifs.

Klopp doesn't say he has incredible technique, though?  He finds it incredible that people are questioning his technique, but then goes on to say that his first touch isn't always there and that they're working on it.  Which is fine.

I think his touch is easily good enough, no worries on that front.  He's very good at playing it one touch back into midfield when receiving the ball with his back to goal.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #3897 on: October 28, 2022, 04:43:22 pm »
So therefore it doesn't matter if Nunez dives and acts then?

I'm not going to defend him for it.

Just saying if he wants to get away with diving and cheating he's the wrong nationality at the wrong club and he'll find himself never getting a decision once the pundits have had their say.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Online JasonF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #3898 on: October 28, 2022, 04:45:06 pm »
Klopp doesn't say he has incredible technique, though?  He finds it incredible that people are questioning his technique, but then goes on to say that his first touch isn't always there and that they're working on it.  Which is fine.

I think his touch is easily good enough, no worries on that front.  He's very good at playing it one touch back into midfield when receiving the ball with his back to goal.

I'd have to watch it again but you may be right. From the written version it could be like you say or it could be him reitterating that the potential is incredible again like how he begins the sentence.

Certainly the first time I heard him say it in the press conference it sounded like a glowing reference anyway.

[Edit]

Just watched it again now and I'm 90% sure he does mean incredible technique. Just from the way he says it.

https://youtu.be/o3TMQ6TWRAg

The Darwin talk starts about 6:40 and the part about his technique about 9:30 onwards.

« Last Edit: October 28, 2022, 04:58:39 pm by JasonF »

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3899 on: October 28, 2022, 04:59:44 pm »
Klopp should sit down next to him...

Is it James or Hamez?

Offline afc tukrish

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #3900 on: October 28, 2022, 05:32:54 pm »

Why are you xenophobically attacking the horses?

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #3901 on: October 28, 2022, 07:05:10 pm »
Klopp said this??

Why would that be surprising? xG basically dictates all our forward signings since Klopp arrived. Probably deals with it on a daily basis in interacting with all the analysts. Just because there is a weird hangup in the UK media with it doesn’t mean everybody else doesn’t deal with it as just another thing.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3902 on: October 28, 2022, 07:07:59 pm »
Why would that be surprising? xG basically dictates all our forward signings since Klopp arrived. Probably deals with it on a daily basis in interacting with all the analysts. Just because there is a weird hangup in the UK media with it doesn’t mean everybody else doesn’t deal with it as just another thing.

Because it's the first time I've actually heard him use the term in an interview in 7 years.

Obviously he know about it and believes in it - just surprised to hear him say it in a presser.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #3903 on: October 28, 2022, 07:18:05 pm »
Because it's the first time I've actually heard him use the term in an interview in 7 years.

Obviously he know about it and believes in it - just surprised to hear him say it in a presser.

He has actually done it before.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-jurgen-klopp-salah-mane-20198372

"On the other hand, we create a lot of chances. In the Expected Goals we are still second behind Man City in the Premier League, but far from them in the ones we actually scored. This problem has been going on throughout the season.”
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #3904 on: October 28, 2022, 07:18:57 pm »

At the airport so can’t really look for examples but I’m pretty sure he references it a decent amount without just saying the word.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #3905 on: October 28, 2022, 08:04:40 pm »

He has mentioned before that his technique is really good before but said that nerves were stopping him from displaying his true technique during matches.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3906 on: October 28, 2022, 08:08:16 pm »
Motherfuckers, he's from South America. In that part of the world if you can't control a ball you may as well not bother turning up to the parks.

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3907 on: October 28, 2022, 08:17:25 pm »
People actually questioning Nunez given his start… along with the Keita thread this is another exhibit for the, “people don’t understand what they’re watching but are more than happy to hold forth regardless” exhibition.

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3908 on: October 28, 2022, 08:27:30 pm »
Motherfuckers, he's from South America. In that part of the world if you can't control a ball you may as well not bother turning up to the parks.

if his touch his crap but his reactions and speed are quick you could get away with it

His touch isn’t bad it’s just a little inconsistent

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3909 on: October 28, 2022, 08:28:40 pm »
People actually questioning Nunez given his start… along with the Keita thread this is another exhibit for the, “people don’t understand what they’re watching but are more than happy to hold forth regardless” exhibition.

so you would give Keita a huge new contract i guess? 6 more years

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3910 on: October 28, 2022, 08:54:34 pm »
Maybe 5 but 6 is pushing it although he will only be 33 in 2028.

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3911 on: October 28, 2022, 09:08:43 pm »
Maybe 5 but 6 is pushing it although he will only be 33 in 2028.

33 is also the number of appearances he’ll make in that time

Offline KloppCorn

• Kopite
« Reply #3912 on: October 29, 2022, 03:31:29 am »
Moving on. I hope Darwin gets a hatty tomorrow night. Has to start imo and need to start Trent and Kostas imo.

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3913 on: October 29, 2022, 06:27:55 am »

The issue with Keita is you get very little opportunity to watch him play football given he’s perma crocked. So no. Given we already have Thiago we cannot afford to carry another injury prone CM. We absolutely should not give him a new contract and should probably have looked to move him on in the summer. But the issue with some posters is when they do get opportunity to watch him they think he’s rubbish.

Offline plura

• Bear with me
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3914 on: October 29, 2022, 06:46:06 am »
The issue with Keita is you get very little opportunity to watch him play football given he’s perma crocked. So no. Given we already have Thiago we cannot afford to carry another injury prone CM. We absolutely should not give him a new contract and should probably have looked to move him on in the summer. But the issue with some posters is when they do get opportunity to watch him they think he’s rubbish.

Is that true? Besides the odd fellow perhaps.
Alright then, show us who.

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #3915 on: October 29, 2022, 07:24:16 am »
Can the Keita chat be taken to his thread.

Thanks

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #3916 on: October 29, 2022, 10:16:01 am »
Can the Keita chat be taken to his thread.

Thanks

I thought I’d stumbled into yet another Keita dominated thread. ;D

Anyway back to Nunez- he’s going to be fun to watch for the next few seasons.

Offline James...

• Main Stander
« Reply #3917 on: October 29, 2022, 09:43:10 pm »
He constantly misses sitters whilst being average (generous) in general play.

Rinse and repeat.

The XG though. That’s all that matters.

Online HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #3918 on: October 29, 2022, 09:44:03 pm »
This guy needs about 3-4 chances to score one. Get him one on one with the keeper and he’s got time to think about it and he’ll fuck it up time after time

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3919 on: October 29, 2022, 09:44:56 pm »
Terrible finisher, forges a lot of chances so will make up for it a lot, but nights like tonight will occur and they'll be infurating.