Author Topic: Chelsea FC  (Read 341012 times)

Offline Scottymuser

• Has many leather bound books (about football), and his home smells of rich mahogany. Bow to his superior knowledge of central defenders.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Chelsea FC - Sponsored by “The Liquidator"
« Reply #28440 on: February 3, 2023, 09:51:17 am »
I did chuckle at your description of him as ‘gouty’ the other day.

The question though is - does he have room for a Wafer Thin Mint

Offline latortuga

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28441 on: February 3, 2023, 10:06:06 am »
The assertion in the media that Chelsea have some kind of magic trick up their sleeve for increasing revenues is frankly absurd.

It's all going straight to the fans in higher ticket prices.

Boehly and Co. from the time they took over at LA Dodgers to today increased the average ticket price by 116%. 

By comparison we haven't increased our season ticket price in the last 4 seasons and before Boehly arrived neither had Chelsea.

Hard to believe other owners won't see this and follow suit, particularly if it brings Chelsea immediate success. 

Fans be warned. :-X

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #28442 on: February 3, 2023, 10:21:35 am »
;D

Unless they're charging about £4k per ticket, pretty sure thats not remotely accurate.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline latortuga

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28443 on: February 3, 2023, 10:46:43 am »
The team is preparing to significantly increase the price of season tickets in the upper west stand of Stamford Bridge stadium, according to the people. An earlier proposal to price the season tickets at as much as £3,900 ($4,895) -- equivalent to around £205 a game -- has been slightly tempered, though Chelsea plans to go ahead with the bulk of the planned increases, they said.

Taken from a Bloomberg article back in June 2022.  No idea if they followed through but regardless it's pretty clear what their intentions are going forward.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #28444 on: February 3, 2023, 10:47:51 am »
Increasing ticket costs isn't going to touch the sides of what they've spent
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28445 on: February 3, 2023, 11:37:22 am »
They are simply borrowing and it's obviously not sustainable.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28446 on: February 3, 2023, 11:50:57 am »
The assertion in the media that Chelsea have some kind of magic trick up their sleeve for increasing revenues is frankly absurd.

It's all going straight to the fans in higher ticket prices.

Boehly and Co. from the time they took over at LA Dodgers to today increased the average ticket price by 116%. 

By comparison we haven't increased our season ticket price in the last 4 seasons and before Boehly arrived neither had Chelsea.

Hard to believe other owners won't see this and follow suit, particularly if it brings Chelsea immediate success. 

Fans be warned. :-X
They currently take around £2m/home game in matchday income (I've seen figures closer to £3m quoted also but that seems to be including more than just ticket sales).  Let's say they play 25 home games in a season - 19 in the league and six in the cups - that equates to £50m/season.  They could double that to £100m and the extra still wouldn't even pay for half of Enzo Fernandez.

They're going to need to pull some more levers.

As others have pointed out they have a squad of great depth but they don't have a superstar.  If the idea is to tout Chelsea globally to people that aren't that much into football/soccer then they'll need more than Mudryk and Fernandez.

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28447 on: February 3, 2023, 12:02:57 pm »
Chelsea fans laud the work Boehly's done in LA.

If anything they have been perennial failures, spent more than anybody in Baseball since they became owners in 2012.

And have one title during Covid that was a 2 month season of 40 games instead of 162 games plus playoffs, I read an article right after they got knocked out of the playoffs a few months ago questioning if that really was a World Series Championship and their expensive recruitment policy should have produced more.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #28448 on: February 3, 2023, 12:06:02 pm »
Increasing ticket costs isn't going to touch the sides of what they've spent

They'll make the rest back in shirt sales :P
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #28449 on: February 3, 2023, 12:30:58 pm »
Their recruitment policy seems to be of two strands:

1) A big club wants him therefore he must be great and we should have him to prevent them from a signing said player

2) Players either suggested by agents or being culled from best of u-21 lists/players of the tournament etc

Now Chelsea have done both in the past signing Salah so we couldn't and hoovering up young players after strong tournaments only to neglect them on loan. What they are doing now seems to be this on steroids. Also why is Boehly still very much involved in recruitment when they have a DoF?

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28450 on: February 3, 2023, 01:02:05 pm »
The way I see it is Boehly would’ve told Tuchel that he signs who he wants and Tuchel has to put up with it, so Tommy walked.

Potter is a hesitant yes man, he comes out saying I have no idea who is doing the recruitment then saying I’m involved in it all the way. Both him and Chelsea are hedging their bets. They want to say it’s him choosing the players so if it goes tits up they can blame him and get rid. He’s dropping hints that these aren’t his players so when the inevitable happens he can try and save some of his reputation.

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28451 on: February 3, 2023, 01:38:58 pm »
Really is gluttonous isn't it. Reckon Boehly has had some minion compile a list of Europe and South America's top footballers under 25, and goes "I want him...no HIM...and what about him too? Heck, let's get all of them!!!" like some fat Pokemon-obsessed man-child.

Perfect description. The man is an ogre.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #28452 on: February 3, 2023, 01:51:49 pm »
Klopp asked about Chelsea’s spending replies “I am saying nothing without my lawyer!”  Kind of says it all.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #28453 on: February 3, 2023, 01:53:26 pm »
Klopp asked about Chelsea’s spending replies “I am saying nothing without my lawyer!”  Kind of says it all.

Isn't that just a joke about the bullshit Man City pulled last time he spoke about spending power?
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28454 on: February 3, 2023, 01:55:15 pm »
Isn't that just a joke about the bullshit Man City pulled last time he spoke about spending power?

No idea, not watching the press conference it’s just what journalists are quoting.

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #28455 on: February 3, 2023, 02:36:36 pm »
Earlier today.   :P

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28456 on: February 3, 2023, 02:37:52 pm »
Yep, they threatened to sue him I remember, because the nasty xenophobic German hurt their lickle feelings.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #28457 on: February 3, 2023, 02:47:16 pm »
Yep, they threatened to sue him I remember, because the nasty xenophobic German hurt their lickle feelings.

Did they? Suing people for telling the truth is always a tough one to go through with  ;D

Klopp and LFC rightly threatened legal action against that gobshite abu dhabi shill journalist I think - cos they had to take down the article he wrote.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28458 on: February 3, 2023, 05:14:45 pm »
They left Aubameyang out of their CL squad. He probably doesn't care as he was there for the money I suppose but I'm not a fan of this treatment. Why the fuck they didn't let him go in the winter then?
« Last Edit: February 3, 2023, 05:17:18 pm by elsewhere »

Offline stjohns

• ambliance or precinct we're not sure......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28459 on: February 3, 2023, 07:24:39 pm »
They left Aubameyang out of their CL squad. He probably doesn't care as he was there for the money I suppose but I'm not a fan of this treatment. Why the fuck they didn't let him go in the winter then?

Well, they must rate Brian Potter extremely highly to give him £300M quid’s worth of new cabaret?

Offline Kopenhagen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28460 on: February 3, 2023, 08:09:26 pm »

Who cares. He's a mercenary of the highest order and a clown to boot.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28461 on: February 3, 2023, 08:21:50 pm »
Who cares. He's a mercenary of the highest order and a clown to boot.
That he is. Ever since Arsenal gave him that insane extension, reeking of desperation, he basically downed tools on and off the pitch. Doubt he'll be arsed, more time to devote to his hobby of buying Lambos every couple of months and wrapping them in ever so tasteful gold and fluoro colours.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #28462 on: February 3, 2023, 10:07:37 pm »
All that investment in transfers paying immediate dividends, as they don't lose to mighty Fulham.
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28463 on: February 3, 2023, 10:11:18 pm »
Can't buy a win :D

Offline anandg_lfc

• Anny Roader
« Reply #28464 on: February 3, 2023, 10:11:25 pm »
Chelsea fans are already calling him Enzonzi. Great to see them having a complete meltdown

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28465 on: February 3, 2023, 10:15:37 pm »
Fucking hell they are absolutely shite, they will be ripe for the picking in 18 months, if anyone wants to take a chance on a half price faded prospect, much like we did with Sturridge, then Salah.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28466 on: February 3, 2023, 10:23:11 pm »

Offline Garnier

• Legacy Fan
  • thought Brendan could tame Balotelli
« Reply #28467 on: February 3, 2023, 10:37:09 pm »
Potter: “Mudryk had a cold” #CFC

and yet you started him
The change is cast

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28468 on: February 3, 2023, 10:37:28 pm »
I was watching the game with my Chelsea supporting brother in law, we both got a laugh when the camera went to Bohely, him watching something on his phone then clearly someone said to him the camera was on him and quickly shoved the phone in his jacket.

Offline Kopenhagen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28469 on: February 3, 2023, 11:01:04 pm »
Wait, this fella from Molde was actually bought to play?

They are one strange club.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28470 on: February 3, 2023, 11:04:23 pm »
That looked like a very randomly assembled group of players ...

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28471 on: February 4, 2023, 01:23:42 am »

and yet you started him

he had Arsenalitis. Its pretty serious, needs a change of scenary and relocation, or could be a long term illness. He looked more like Pepe than Pele.

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28472 on: February 4, 2023, 01:35:34 am »
We are in deep shite and STILL 1 point behind with 2 games in hand!   LOL
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28473 on: February 4, 2023, 09:12:03 am »
Mount and Gallagher are so so shite.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
« Reply #28474 on: February 4, 2023, 10:10:28 am »

and yet you started him

Well, we all know they're short of players at the moment.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28475 on: February 4, 2023, 10:44:52 am »
They're going to be shite as long as Potter is there.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28476 on: February 4, 2023, 10:47:00 am »
That looked like a very randomly assembled group of players ...

Which is precisely what Chelsea are at the moment, there is so little common sense in how they are going about things.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28477 on: February 4, 2023, 10:48:55 am »
Badiashile looks really good.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28478 on: February 4, 2023, 10:55:14 am »
Badiashile looks really good.
Left out of their CL squad though.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28479 on: February 4, 2023, 10:59:41 am »
Left out of their CL squad though.

Yep a bit mad that. But in the two games against Fulham and us I thought he looked really good.