Author Topic: Champions League Final in Paris 28.5.2022  (Read 199146 times)

Offline Radoo

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Champions League Final in Paris 28.5.2022
« Reply #2360 on: May 17, 2022, 04:32:07 pm »
yeah but if security are gonna be arsey just accept it and move on, they see you as a football fan and will you treat you with discontempt at any moment

I know, I won’t get my day ruined over a battery bank. Should use some common senses tho - we live in a digital era and people got everything on their phones - public transport passes, payment options, boarding passes, vaccination certificates, etc, etc.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
« Reply #2361 on: May 17, 2022, 04:49:45 pm »
I know, I won’t get my day ruined over a battery bank. Should use some common senses tho - we live in a digital era and people got everything on their phones - public transport passes, payment options, boarding passes, vaccination certificates, etc, etc.
completey agree mate it's stupid to be taking battery packs from fans especially when uefa have mobile tickets but I learned from euro aways this year is foreign police don't care about anything and if they see if a small chance to go on a power trip they will

Offline Tony19:6

• Begets John 3:16
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born and Bred
« Reply #2362 on: May 17, 2022, 05:07:25 pm »
Just messaged you on Twitter

Nice one Carl, just followed back

Edit I've been in the office today, so have only just replied
« Last Edit: May 17, 2022, 05:12:03 pm by Tony19:6 »
A Great man once said...
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

http://twitter.com/Tony19_6

Offline Dagro

• Main Stander
« Reply #2363 on: May 17, 2022, 05:29:58 pm »
Yes the Bulk are in B3 and B4 which are almost entirely CAT2 (£411+)

That'll price me out as feared then

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2364 on: May 17, 2022, 05:30:00 pm »
Madrid took everyones', as in Basel if I remember right? I don't think I was ever even checked in Kiev.

I'll be taking mine but trying to hide it somewhere, probably wrap it inside a scarf or something in my hands.

Bought one of these before the season starts to stop the charger getting taken off me , better than carrying a pack around and quite tough when you drop the phone

https://www.amazon.co.uk/iPosible-Portable-Charging-Extended-Rechargeable/dp/B08PYN1NFT/ref=zg_bs_7342281031_3/258-4960807-3677243?pd_rd_i=B08PYN1NFT&psc=1

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2365 on: May 17, 2022, 05:45:24 pm »
if i remember right the UEFA rules allowed USB chargers for Madrid too. was a pile of about 20 they'd taken off fans outside one turnstile. i got pushed over by police over it, really bizarre policing as per for European football.

the charging case is a good shout though, i might get one of those. my battery is wank.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2022, 05:47:17 pm by RainbowFlick »
YNWA.

Offline Radoo

• Main Stander
« Reply #2366 on: May 17, 2022, 05:47:51 pm »
That'll price me out as feared then

There are 31 tickets which are less than £125. 7-8 of the them restricted view. What’s your waiting list no?
« Last Edit: May 17, 2022, 05:49:53 pm by Radoo »

Offline GWats77

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2367 on: May 17, 2022, 05:58:21 pm »

Bought one of these before the season starts to stop the charger getting taken off me , better than carrying a pack around and quite tough when you drop the phone

https://www.amazon.co.uk/iPosible-Portable-Charging-Extended-Rechargeable/dp/B08PYN1NFT/ref=zg_bs_7342281031_3/258-4960807-3677243?pd_rd_i=B08PYN1NFT&psc=1

Nice idea, may get one and then saves taking a charger.

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #2368 on: May 17, 2022, 06:01:54 pm »
How can they justify taking a charger off someone.

Absolute bizzies

Offline Mr.Savage

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2369 on: May 17, 2022, 06:27:04 pm »
It was the same when we played Atletico years ago, young sister had a portable charger and made a big fuss, managed to wriggle away and get in but seemed excessive, I suppose that’s the Spanish police for you though! Not sure what the French are like…

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2370 on: May 17, 2022, 06:42:06 pm »
It was the same when we played Atletico years ago, young sister had a portable charger and made a big fuss, managed to wriggle away and get in but seemed excessive, I suppose that’s the Spanish police for you though! Not sure what the French are like…

Just glad this wasn't in Russia like planned!
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline Dagro

• Main Stander
« Reply #2371 on: May 17, 2022, 06:51:04 pm »
There are 31 tickets which are less than £125. 7-8 of the them restricted view. What’s your waiting list no?

Offline lfcrule6times

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2372 on: May 17, 2022, 07:13:34 pm »
Want to gauge people's opinion here. My and 3 mates applied separately thinking at least 2 of us would get a ticket. Turns out only I was successful. They're now not going at all. Thinking about travelling over alone but wanted to know if anyone's done it before and what whether it's worth it. Been unsuccessful in every other European ballot before and doubt I'll ever get another chance. I was initially up for it but been thinking a lot about it since as i think it's an experience you need to share with someone. Mind you if I didn't go I'd offer it to them and they'd snap my hand off.
★     ★     ★     ★     ★     ★

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2373 on: May 17, 2022, 07:15:51 pm »
For anyone that hasn’t been to a game abroad go with the approach of you’re a horrible hooligan and not wanted and the daft farts are on a power trip and plan for and accept that and you’ll have a decent time.
Say hello. Arms out. Take stuff out of pocket. Be polite.
You’ll never win. You’ll never prove your point. You’ve everything to lose and they’ve nothing.
It’s not right but it’s never changed just know about it and act accordingly.

It’s ridiculous. Driving 2 hours around Naples. Checking wallets in Belgrade. Never changes. You’re not in England.

Enjoy though! Don’t argue back. Don’t spoil your own day.

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2374 on: May 17, 2022, 07:21:12 pm »
Want to gauge people's opinion here. My and 3 mates applied separately thinking at least 2 of us would get a ticket. Turns out only I was successful. They're now not going at all. Thinking about travelling over alone but wanted to know if anyone's done it before and what whether it's worth it. Been unsuccessful in every other European ballot before and doubt I'll ever get another chance. I was initially up for it but been thinking a lot about it since as i think it's an experience you need to share with someone. Mind you if I didn't go I'd offer it to them and they'd snap my hand off.

I’ve been on holiday alone loads of times. Enjoy it more.
If you want to enjoy Paris set some sights to see the day will fly by.
If you just want to have a beer and sing aim for wherever most of the fans are.
Sometimes just got adjust what you’d normally do.
Imagine saying you didn’t see us win in Istanbul because you couldn’t be alone for 8 hours!
The game you won’t honestly care and you’ll be best mates with the person next to you in no time when we score.

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #2375 on: May 17, 2022, 07:28:05 pm »

Fuck that mate,  get yourself over there,  you'll have a belter   :)

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2376 on: May 17, 2022, 07:35:00 pm »
For anyone that hasn’t been to a game abroad go with the approach of you’re a horrible hooligan and not wanted and the daft farts are on a power trip and plan for and accept that and you’ll have a decent time.
Say hello. Arms out. Take stuff out of pocket. Be polite.
You’ll never win. You’ll never prove your point. You’ve everything to lose and they’ve nothing.
It’s not right but it’s never changed just know about it and act accordingly.

It’s ridiculous. Driving 2 hours around Naples. Checking wallets in Belgrade. Never changes. You’re not in England.

Enjoy though! Don’t argue back. Don’t spoil your own day.
fantastic advice this to any first timers with tickets

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2377 on: May 17, 2022, 07:36:08 pm »
mate I go to every game alone, 3 euro aways this season too just get yourself out there and you'll be grand, reds be around every corner, like you said might never get another chance with a ticket too

Offline willss

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2378 on: May 17, 2022, 08:37:59 pm »
It makes me very sad to hear about stories of people that have tickets that are thinking about not going.  You have to realise what a privilege you have that others won't.  There'll be loads going over without tickets, so do not moan when you have one.

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2379 on: May 17, 2022, 08:43:16 pm »

Are you for real

Just got and enjoy it, life is there to be lived, you don't need your mates there, trust me

Offline Radoo

• Main Stander
« Reply #2380 on: May 17, 2022, 08:47:58 pm »

Going on my own too mate. Been lucky enough to be successful in the ballot and you don’t get this chance everyday. Come over and you’ll have an amazing time!

Offline lfcrule6times

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2381 on: May 17, 2022, 08:48:43 pm »
Cheers for the replies lads. I'm gonna do it. I've done a few aways before on my own just getting the jitters going to a foreign country on my own, something I've never done before. Like Paul says above life is for living. For info, I 100% know how fortunate I am. This is the chance of a lifetime. Don't wanna be looking back wishing this and that.
★     ★     ★     ★     ★     ★

Offline LFCEmpire

• Legacy Fan
  • Icelandic Kopite
« Reply #2382 on: May 17, 2022, 09:00:44 pm »
Cheers for the replies lads. I'm gonna do it. I've done a few aways before on my own just getting the jitters going to a foreign country on my own, something I've never done before. Like Paul says above life is for living. For info, I 100% know how fortunate I am. This is the chance of a lifetime. Don't wanna be looking back wishing this and that.

Paris will be full of Liverpool fans mate, you'll feel right at home.

Offline RedMan2107

• Main Stander
« Reply #2383 on: May 17, 2022, 09:02:04 pm »
Got some decent flights there for any one that's still looking.

Liverpool 10.00 to paris beauvais12.20
Paris ORY 7.00 to Gatwick 7.05

£240

Offline Dagro

• Main Stander
« Reply #2384 on: May 17, 2022, 09:43:58 pm »
Got some decent flights there for any one that's still looking.

Liverpool 10.00 to paris beauvais12.20
Paris ORY 7.00 to Gatwick 7.05

£240

Whose that with? Need to research getting from Beauvais

Offline RedMan2107

• Main Stander
« Reply #2385 on: May 17, 2022, 09:54:02 pm »
Whose that with? Need to research getting from Beauvais

Ryanair going out and vueling coming back mate , train seems the best bet was 25 euros for me and my lad who's classed as a youth under 25 , takes just over a hour have a look on trainline.

Edit:  think the train is to Gare du nord then take the metro for the last 7km
« Last Edit: May 17, 2022, 09:58:56 pm by RedMan2107 »

Offline Tjfruits

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2386 on: May 17, 2022, 09:56:40 pm »
Anyone got a hotel room spare after the ballot?

Offline Dagro

• Main Stander
« Reply #2387 on: May 17, 2022, 10:30:53 pm »
Ryanair going out and vueling coming back mate , train seems the best bet was 25 euros for me and my lad who's classed as a youth under 25 , takes just over a hour have a look on trainline.

Thanks for the info fella

Offline Dagro

• Main Stander
« Reply #2388 on: May 17, 2022, 10:42:09 pm »
I counted around 294 tickets still available, with the vast majority being £410

Are the restricted view tickets £410 as well?

Offline Wilk.lfc

• Kemlynite
« Reply #2389 on: May 17, 2022, 11:14:32 pm »
Are the restricted view tickets £410 as well?

They cost £327 when restricted view (£410 normally), and theres 23 tickets left at £50.

Offline Dagro

• Main Stander
« Reply #2390 on: May 18, 2022, 01:20:20 am »
They cost £327 when restricted view (£410 normally), and theres 23 tickets left at £50.

Thanks

Offline Icky

• Main Stander
  • Kemlyn Road
« Reply #2391 on: May 18, 2022, 07:25:17 am »
Are we expecting the guaranteed sale tickets to be arriving by post today, or is tomorrow more likely?

Offline sambhi92

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Round the Fields of Anfield Road
« Reply #2392 on: May 18, 2022, 08:16:27 am »

Went to Madrid on my own mate as my cousin didnt ge ta ticket, one the best experiences of my life. Go out there, chill where all the reds are and you will have a great time. Even if we had lost that game then what an exp that was, but the fact that we won, i'd give anything to feel that again.
Round the Fields of Anfield Road

Offline GarethW

• Kemlynite
« Reply #2393 on: May 18, 2022, 08:56:48 am »

I would strongly advise you to go! If you have a ticket, it will be the best decision you make all year. I travelled to Kiev on my own, none of my mates got tickets but I went anyway. Got chatting with people on the flight over, went to the fan park (which was bouncing) then onto the match. We lost which was obviously terrible, but the atmosphere at the game was brilliant. I still look back on the trip to Kiev with fond memories even though we lost. Travelling by myself was a better option than watching it in the pub at home with my mates. Go for it, you'll be glad you did!

Offline Spongebob Redpants

• Is a spingly spangly
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2394 on: May 18, 2022, 09:37:38 am »

Any informed guesses on how many in the waiting list may qualify ? Think the last mention was it going to around the 200 mark ?
Before you criticise a man, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you do criticise him, you're a mile away and you have his shoes.

Offline CornerTakenQuickly

• ORIGAAAAAAAAMIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Kopite
  • I am a Liverpudlian and I come from the Spion Kop
« Reply #2395 on: May 18, 2022, 09:44:54 am »
Any informed guesses on how many in the waiting list may qualify ? Think the last mention was it going to around the 200 mark ?

Assuming they haven't held any seats back and the ratio of applications to people is 1:1.59 (used from previous ballots- estimate), then it would drop to the first 149 places (237 tickets available). The club won't drop it all that way though as they want to ensure those who registered together can get seats together, so it will be around the first 140 places I reckon.

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2396 on: May 18, 2022, 09:51:50 am »

100%

Just relax and enjoy it mate, it's sometimes better going by yourself, can do things on your own terms :)

There's something to be said for going away by yourself and being comfortable in your own skin, I've done it a few times and love it just as much as going with mates
« Last Edit: May 18, 2022, 09:55:10 am by PaulKS »

Offline Oh Campione

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2397 on: May 18, 2022, 09:54:17 am »

It will be great, did Athens on my own as my dad was in the hospital (lucky enough to do Istanbul onwards with him) - you will have an amazing time

Offline Spongebob Redpants

• Is a spingly spangly
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2398 on: May 18, 2022, 09:54:53 am »
Assuming they haven't held any seats back and the ratio of applications to people is 1:1.59 (used from previous ballots- estimate), then it would drop to the first 149 places (237 tickets available). The club won't drop it all that way though as they want to ensure those who registered together can get seats together, so it will be around the first 140 places I reckon.

Cheers mate - I'm at 348 in the list so looking highly unlikely .
Before you criticise a man, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you do criticise him, you're a mile away and you have his shoes.

Offline portRUSHred

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2399 on: May 18, 2022, 10:09:29 am »

I don't think the train goes from the airport, you'll have to go into Beauvais to get the train. We've booked the shuttle bus from Beauvais airport into Port Maillot then its metro from there.