Poll

The incoming Tory Tax Cuts..

Brilliant! With everyone struggling at the moment, a few hundred quid would be most welcome
Maybe a small one, but money should be spent on failing public services
I am an egg and I like cheese and fluffy squirrels called Bob. Bob the Fluffy squirrel is my fave babes.
There shouldn't be a tax cut when public services are already so broken. Keep spending what we are
Far more investment is needed in this country. Spend the money where it's needed now and fuck this stupid Austerity shite.

Author Topic: Never mind 'Stop the Boats' - STOP THE TORIES  (Read 1324382 times)

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
Re: Conservatives: wholly-owned subsidiary of the ERG and 55 Tufton Street
« Reply #14680 on: September 27, 2022, 06:10:06 pm »
A couple of really politically smart moves in that speech…

The great British energy service was clever.. it sidesteps the question of nationalisation but offers a neat alternative of public ownership which helps the nation too.

It polls incredibly well with Tory and labour voters

They’ve also set a couple of traps for the tories on partnership with the snp. Quite forward thinking
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #14681 on: September 27, 2022, 06:12:02 pm »
Correct. It’s the sort of thing that was said 20 years ago to deride a black or Asian person who had a posh accent or was a Tory. It’s essentially racist as the inference is that black people shouldn’t be posh or Etonian or go to Oxbridge. Attack his policies not who he is.

She’s also ensured it will get mentioned alongside Starmer’s speech although his quick action to suspend the whip shows that he means what he says when it comes to rejecting racist tropes.

Needless distraction for Labour for the Tory press to jump on when their party are imploding, it still plays well for Starmer though who has been decisive and firm in his response.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Red Raw

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #14682 on: September 27, 2022, 06:13:45 pm »
Stress testing Trussonomics...

via Twitter

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #14683 on: September 27, 2022, 06:18:32 pm »
She’s Rupa. Her sister’s Konnie. But otherwise spot on!

Fucking auto correct!

But Tupac was worth it.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #14684 on: September 27, 2022, 06:43:22 pm »
Tupac still being alive and hiding in plain sight as a Labour MP was a twist to that conspiracy I didn't see coming.  ;D

She certainly seems to have it in for the Chancellor of the ExShakur.

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14685 on: September 27, 2022, 06:53:02 pm »
Great speech by Starmer.

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14686 on: September 27, 2022, 06:53:59 pm »
She certainly seems to have it in for the Chancellor of the ExShakur.

Apparently her hatred of him is notorious. Big if true.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14687 on: September 27, 2022, 07:03:47 pm »
Oreo? Is that what the racist kids use now?
It's actually a black on black insult.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #14688 on: September 27, 2022, 07:12:41 pm »
I said this a few pages back, but the cynic in me thinks that Truss is deliberately sabotaging the country to fuck the Tories over on Johnson's orders, to punish them for having the audacity to remove him. It will also open the door to him returning as opposition leader in three or four years time as Labour struggle with 15 years of Tory mess.

Truss will probably get a job at the foreign office in return for her loyalty.

I think Truss, like her mate Kwarteng, genuinely believes she is a genius. I was reading a comment by one of her tutors at Oxford who said she would refuse to admit she was wrong even when presented with factual evidence to prove it.
She is an ego wrapped in an Instagram package.
Kwarteng reminds me of a teenager who once came up with a theory of economics for an A level essay at Eton, and despite the teacher telling him it was shite, he still thinks he was right and has now been given then the chance to test it.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #14689 on: September 27, 2022, 07:20:39 pm »
It's actually a black on black insult.

Just the same us Asians calling each other coconut in the 80’s
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14690 on: September 27, 2022, 07:21:57 pm »
Just the same us Asians calling each other coconut in the 80’s

Bounty

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #14691 on: September 27, 2022, 07:23:58 pm »
A couple of really politically smart moves in that speech…

The great British energy service was clever.. it sidesteps the question of nationalisation but offers a neat alternative of public ownership which helps the nation too.

It polls incredibly well with Tory and labour voters

They’ve also set a couple of traps for the tories on partnership with the snp. Quite forward thinking
what did he say about the SNP?
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14692 on: September 27, 2022, 07:27:48 pm »
what did he say about the SNP?
No deal with the SNP
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14693 on: September 27, 2022, 07:29:05 pm »
He also tried to claim that they won councils in Scotland in May, and therefore could win anywhere.

They were the biggest party in 2 council areas, and got into power in some more councils after making deals with the Tories everywhere, after spending the election campaign promising no deals with anyone.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14694 on: September 27, 2022, 07:32:19 pm »
He also tried to claim that they won councils in Scotland in May, and therefore could win anywhere.

They were the biggest party in 2 council areas, and got into power in some more councils after making deals with the Tories everywhere, after spending the election campaign promising no deals with anyone.
That's why he's untrustworthy, read his leadership pledges when the leadership ballot took place, tell me how many he's completely done a 180, and how many he's actually stuck to his word on, I know it's politics, but he's a liar like all the rest of them.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #14695 on: September 27, 2022, 07:42:34 pm »

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Online Ma Vie en Rouge

• J'aime voir...!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #14697 on: September 27, 2022, 07:46:21 pm »
That's why he's untrustworthy, read his leadership pledges when the leadership ballot took place, tell me how many he's completely done a 180, and how many he's actually stuck to his word on, I know it's politics, but he's a liar like all the rest of them.

What do you want then? 10 more years of this? We'll all be dead or enslaved or living in a desolate wasteland by then at the rate the Tories are rolling. I couldn't care less who is in charge of Labour right now as long as they rid us of this kleptocracy. And no one is going to suggest that Keir, whatever else he is, is as mendacious as Boris or as mad as Truss. He may not be everyone's idea of a Labour leader, and some of the things he does sorely disappoint me, but if he can win the next election, I'll live with that. Get the national conversation moving leftwards again, and before there's no nation left worth the name  to have such a conversation.

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14698 on: September 27, 2022, 07:56:19 pm »
What do you want then? 10 more years of this? We'll all be dead or enslaved or living in a desolate wasteland by then at the rate the Tories are rolling. I couldn't care less who is in charge of Labour right now as long as they rid us of this kleptocracy. And no one is going to suggest that Keir, whatever else he is, is as mendacious as Boris or as mad as Truss. He may not be everyone's idea of a Labour leader, and some of the things he does sorely disappoint me, but if he can win the next election, I'll live with that. Get the national conversation moving leftwards again, and before there's no nation left worth the name  to have such a conversation.

I hope Labour win the next election, but Flaccid has a point here. Labour showed just a few months ago under his leadership their promises on who they will make deals with are utterly untrustworthy.

Offline Schmarn

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14699 on: September 27, 2022, 08:08:02 pm »

Still pushing your agenda that “they’re all the same”, the dishonest, despicable message propagated by Tories to deter the working class from voting while they and their rich patrons always vote. I’m going to assume you’d rather have the Tories in power on the basis that the only alternative is that you’re their useful idiot.

Ironically Truss has kept the promises she made to Tory members in the leadership so by your calculation she’s better than Starmer. You’re entitled to your opinion but no one here is going to buy into it.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #14700 on: September 27, 2022, 08:12:42 pm »
I hope Labour win the next election, but Flaccid has a point here. Labour showed just a few months ago under his leadership their promises on who they will make deals with are utterly untrustworthy.
well not really, I doubt Keir has anything to do with any local deals made by councils so not sure what relevance it has to who the Labour Party would work with at National level

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14701 on: September 27, 2022, 08:14:00 pm »
well not really, I doubt Keir has anything to do with any local deals made by councils so not sure what relevance it has to who the Labour Party would work with at National level

Anas Sarwar was out promising there would be no deals with anyone. This wasn't promises being made by the council candidates.

When the Labour councillors made a deal with the Tories in Aberdeen in 2017, they were suspended by the party.

That hasn't happened this time.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #14702 on: September 27, 2022, 08:14:07 pm »
Still pushing your agenda that “they’re all the same”, the dishonest, despicable message propagated by Tories to deter the working class from voting while they and their rich patrons always vote. I’m going to assume you’d rather have the Tories in power on the basis that the only alternative is that you’re their useful idiot.

Ironically Truss has kept the promises she made to Tory members in the leadership so by your calculation she’s better than Starmer. You’re entitled to your opinion but no one here is going to buy into it.
the guys a troll, he loves the attention his pathetic posts get, ignore him and you'll feel much better for it

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #14703 on: September 27, 2022, 08:15:35 pm »
Anas Sarwar was out promising there would be no deals with anyone. This wasn't promises being made by the council candidates.
not a lot he can do though if local councils want to work together to keep the Nationalists out then that's what thry have done.

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14704 on: September 27, 2022, 08:16:07 pm »
not a lot he can do though if local councils want to work together to keep the Nationalists out then that's what thry have done.

See my edit.

Offline Schmarn

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14705 on: September 27, 2022, 08:26:33 pm »

What I will say on coalitions and deals is that every major party says they won’t do one but if there’s a hung parliament or council they always will. Cameron and May did deals with the Libdems and DUP respectively despite saying no deals and I have no doubt Starmer would deal with the SNP if he needs their votes to pass legislation.

While I didn’t like Cameron and Clegg getting together that was the result given to them by the British electorate. The same would go for Starmer and Sturgeon. The real issue is what you agree to give up in any deal and Clegg got royally shafted.

And if we truly want PR we’ll need to get comfortable with deals.

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14706 on: September 27, 2022, 08:28:53 pm »
And if we truly want PR we’ll need to get comfortable with deals.

This is the maddest and most stupid thing about their promises back in May. We use PR in our councils, and majorities are pretty much non existent (especially for a party lagging way behind in second place nationally).

They were never going to have the option to not do deals.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14708 on: September 27, 2022, 08:35:11 pm »
the guys a troll, he loves the attention his pathetic posts get, ignore him and you'll feel much better for it

I’ve been saying this for years, fella is the weirdest poster on here by a long mile.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14709 on: September 27, 2022, 08:35:18 pm »
The beeb on the case of The black door of 55 Tufton Street

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-63039558

And podcast

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m001c65m

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14710 on: September 27, 2022, 08:55:04 pm »

Who did they make deals with? Is this saying the nod and a wink deals with the Lib Dems we’re a bad thing…?

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14711 on: September 27, 2022, 08:55:29 pm »
Who did they make deals with? Is this saying the nod and a wink deals with the Lib Dems we’re a bad thing…?

Tories

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14712 on: September 27, 2022, 08:59:53 pm »
I’ve been saying this for years, fella is the weirdest poster on here by a long mile.
I have to disagree with you both. Flaccidio believes in what he is saying. I often disagree with him, and his speculation about eco-terrorism is pretty funny, but he's no troll.
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline Father Ted

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14713 on: September 27, 2022, 09:12:13 pm »
Starmer was somewhat less than truthful when it came to his leadership pledges too, which is an uncomfortable fact rather than any 'trolling'. I know loads of people in here are perfectly okay with that as they just want 'their' brand of Labour and think the ends justify the means, etc.

He's better than the Tories (a very low bar admittedly) and given the choice of the two I'd personally want to see him win, but it's not unreasonable to look at past actions and have a bit of justified suspicion about his newest set of pledges - to a different audience, the electorate rather than Labour members.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14715 on: September 27, 2022, 09:21:41 pm »
Which leadership pledges has he gone back on?
W

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14716 on: September 27, 2022, 09:21:56 pm »
I guess it's just a matter of degree. Compared to what the Tories have lied about over the past seven or eight years, Starmer is positively angelic.

I remember in the not too distant past, a party that pledge to abolish tuition fees voting to hike them to £9k once they were in government.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14717 on: September 27, 2022, 09:32:40 pm »
IMF have said they’re closely monitoring the UK.

Truss and Kwarteng have spent their whole lives thinking they’re fundemanlly smarter than everyone else when they’re just shite.

Unless they get rid the Tories will win less seats in the next election than Labour did in the last one.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #14718 on: September 27, 2022, 09:39:44 pm »
Starmer was somewhat less than truthful when it came to his leadership pledges too, which is an uncomfortable fact rather than any 'trolling'. I know loads of people in here are perfectly okay with that as they just want 'their' brand of Labour and think the ends justify the means, etc.

He's better than the Tories (a very low bar admittedly) and given the choice of the two I'd personally want to see him win, but it's not unreasonable to look at past actions and have a bit of justified suspicion about his newest set of pledges - to a different audience, the electorate rather than Labour members.

Bingo.

It's supposed to be a debating forum.
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14719 on: September 27, 2022, 09:44:34 pm »
Still not sure what leadership pledges he’s actually broken..
W