Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD  (Read 3123324 times)

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
Re: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD
« Reply #46920 on: November 30, 2022, 04:49:43 pm »
Yeah fair he was a success. The rest, pretty average.

Problem is he wasn't there very long, and it was a bit of a trainwreck before, during and after him. Mkhitaryan I think is the only real standout stinker and even then that looks like an Arsenal thing rather than just signing a shit player. Him and Guendouzi have both gone on to do well after they left Arsenal.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46921 on: November 30, 2022, 04:55:59 pm »
One thing that's not been mentioned is if he does takeover and we get new owners then he's a gone.  You're not going to want someone elses Sporting Director.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46922 on: November 30, 2022, 04:56:42 pm »
Imagine if we bring in another forward in January but not a CM. That would be wild.

Why? We still have Fabinho, Thiago, Henderson, Milner, Keita, Ox, Jones, Elliott and Carvalho until the summer. And getting another forward in January would probably mean that we are switching to a flat 4-4-2 or a 4-2-3-1 ...

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46923 on: November 30, 2022, 05:04:28 pm »
Why? We still have Fabinho, Thiago, Henderson, Milner, Keita, Ox, Jones, Elliott and Carvalho until the summer. And getting another forward in January would probably mean that we are switching to a flat 4-4-2 or a 4-2-3-1 ...

What about when those players get injured?

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #46924 on: November 30, 2022, 05:14:44 pm »
We haven't 'let' it break up have we? Edwards decided to leave and now Ward is deciding to leave.
And Ian Graham. That's ultimately 3 seemingly key parts of it. I don't think letting it break up is bad on its own, plenty smart people out there, bit less sure on reports of Klopp having more say and the first link to a sporting director though.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #46926 on: November 30, 2022, 05:24:55 pm »
Plettenberg reckons Sven Mislintat is a candidate for the Sporting Director role. Obviously ex-Dortmund and apparently has a really strong relationship to Klopp still.

No ta.

Offline Ma Vie en Rouge

• J'aime voir...!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46927 on: November 30, 2022, 05:34:05 pm »

Indeed. And what about the fact that the non-injury prone ones among them are either very old or not suited to central midfield at all? Carvalho and Elliot just will never hold a midfield together, even one of them is problematic at the moment, however talented we think they are.

Not getting a midfielder would be insane. As ridiculous as when we didn't buy a replacement CB, and probably more so.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46928 on: November 30, 2022, 07:17:35 pm »

At the moment, we have 9 midfielders. It is highly unlikely that 7 of them will get injured at the same time ...

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46929 on: November 30, 2022, 07:33:09 pm »

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46930 on: November 30, 2022, 07:34:41 pm »
The Trent on his arm proved he was a red…

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46931 on: November 30, 2022, 07:35:23 pm »
 :) Trent and Jude,sitting in a tree.

Offline RedSetGo

• Anny Roader
  • The Lord Jesus Saves.
« Reply #46932 on: November 30, 2022, 07:36:37 pm »

Do we take @Plettigoal to be tier 1 transfer stuff journo?

@LFCTransferRoom just quoted Trent & Jude pic with, "Agent Trent keeps working hard on his assignment"

@Plettigoal responds with ⏳

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46933 on: November 30, 2022, 07:40:35 pm »

@LFCTransferRoom just quoted Trent & Jude pic with, "Agent Trent keeps working hard on his assignment"

https://twitter.com/plettigoal/status/1598035891507068931?s=46&t=Z8ArranKun9L8_In-WWYHA

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46934 on: November 30, 2022, 07:43:58 pm »
He is Tier 1 for German related footie news absolutely.  :D

Offline cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46935 on: November 30, 2022, 07:45:34 pm »
We all aboard the its happening train or just taking it to mean Bellingham is deciding on his next club soon?

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #46936 on: November 30, 2022, 07:54:11 pm »
It fits in so many ways given how well he seems to get on with Hendo and Trent, worships Gerrard etc. Seems to actually have a personality as well so far more suited to an Anfield crowd too. We seem willing to commit to the fee, just gotta hope he is willing to accept being paid incredibly but not quite as incredibly as other teams potentially can and possibly no CL football which really shouldn't be a huge deal for a 19/20 year old!

Can get rid of that have no CL football risk by signing him in January instead while we are still in it and have a shot at top 4. Hopefully we try.

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #46937 on: November 30, 2022, 07:56:13 pm »

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #46938 on: November 30, 2022, 07:57:11 pm »
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46939 on: November 30, 2022, 08:12:52 pm »
It fits in so many ways given how well he seems to get on with Hendo and Trent, worships Gerrard etc. Seems to actually have a personality as well so far more suited to an Anfield crowd too. We seem willing to commit to the fee, just gotta hope he is willing to accept being paid incredibly but not quite as incredibly as other teams potentially can and possibly no CL football which really shouldn't be a huge deal for a 19/20 year old!

Can get rid of that have no CL football risk by signing him in January instead while we are still in it and have a shot at top 4. Hopefully we try.
Well, you've convinced me :)

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #46940 on: November 30, 2022, 08:26:30 pm »

Not getting a midfielder would be insane. As ridiculous as when we didn't buy a replacement CB, and probably more so.

No I wouldn't agree with that. That situation was absolutely crazy and we had no centre backs. Still to this day you question what the fuck we were doing that January. At least this time we do have a load of midfielders and can still put actual midfielders out there, be it some who have lost their legs a bit.

I guess the only thing would be in 20/21 we were playing somewhat well and were top at Christmas. We have for the most part been shit this season.

Offline red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock
« Reply #46941 on: November 30, 2022, 08:27:29 pm »

Great post. Now do Enzo.
At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #46942 on: November 30, 2022, 08:30:28 pm »
Great post. Now do Enzo.

Fernandez is more box to box as a midfielder, kind of like Bellingham. It would be immense if Fabinho was at his best but the fact that he has looked so bad surely means we would look at someone comfortable as a 6.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #46943 on: November 30, 2022, 08:40:53 pm »

Bellingham to LFC at this point of his career makes sense for everyone involved. We have a great manager and a very strong team, so he will be developing in the best possible environment and competing for the top honors, while earning well ...

Offline red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock
« Reply #46944 on: November 30, 2022, 09:27:04 pm »
Fernandez is more box to box as a midfielder, kind of like Bellingham. It would be immense if Fabinho was at his best but the fact that he has looked so bad surely means we would look at someone comfortable as a 6.

I know. I'm just surprised you would balk at a Bellingham alternative, since you can't stand him.
At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"

Offline Skagger

• Main Stander
« Reply #46945 on: November 30, 2022, 09:43:27 pm »
I took a break after Paris.
Another huge fuck up by the authorities who then tried the same playbook they used after Hillsborough and there were some on here, this thread especially, as though nothing had happened.

Absolutely sickened me. There's also been an influx of some very questionable posters who seem to have been waiting for a chance to stick the boot in too since the start of the season.

If it wasn't for the core of clearly decent people on here, I'd have binned it long ago. I don't do social media much and the last thing I want or need is this place turning into Twitter lite.

Fwiw both you and Craig are good "eggs" and it's people such as yourselves that have kept me coming back to RAWK year after year
Henderson has been very good in patches and if he had the confidence of Shelvey he would be some player.
Shame how it ended, hell of a ride though.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #46946 on: November 30, 2022, 09:45:44 pm »
Trent looking like Unicron

More like Ron Perlman’s Hellboy before his horns were trimmed.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #46947 on: November 30, 2022, 09:48:05 pm »
I took a break after Paris.
Another huge fuck up by the authorities who then tried the same playbook they used after Hillsborough and there were some on here, this thread especially, as though nothing had happened.

Absolutely sickened me. There's also been an influx of some very questionable posters who seem to have been waiting for a chance to stick the boot in too since the start of the season.

If it wasn't for the core of clearly decent people on here, I'd have binned it long ago. I don't do social media much and the last thing I want or need is this place turning into Twitter lite.

Well one has been kicked off the site and haven’t seen hide nor hair if a couple of the others for a while so may be they got bored of posting their malicious inconsequential shite.

Offline Skagger

• Main Stander
« Reply #46948 on: November 30, 2022, 09:58:56 pm »

If he's got his head screwed on, by all accounts he does, he's soon to be a red to develop himself to be the best he can be.
Henderson has been very good in patches and if he had the confidence of Shelvey he would be some player.

Offline Red Cactii

• Legacy Fan
  • An absolute p***k
« Reply #46949 on: November 30, 2022, 10:02:00 pm »
Problem is he wasn't there very long, and it was a bit of a trainwreck before, during and after him. Mkhitaryan I think is the only real standout stinker and even then that looks like an Arsenal thing rather than just signing a shit player. Him and Guendouzi have both gone on to do well after they left Arsenal.

Raul Sanllehi was doing more deals than Sven, hence he fucked off quick smart. He’d be a great get for us within the right structure.

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #46950 on: November 30, 2022, 10:05:16 pm »

That thing behind them is from Avengers: Infinity War. I'm now less worried about Man City getting Jude and more concerned about Thanos.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46951 on: November 30, 2022, 10:07:05 pm »
Raul Sanllehi was doing more deals than Sven, hence he fucked off quick smart. He’d be a great get for us within the right structure.

Yup I’d second that.
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46952 on: November 30, 2022, 10:07:39 pm »
https://twitter.com/plettigoal/status/1598035891507068931?s=46&t=Z8ArranKun9L8_In-WWYHA

He has also posted:

As reported: Liverpool is doing everything and Klopp is pushing a lot! Internal saying: Bellingham first! Caicedo is an alternative. Liverpool is highly rated from the player. But nothing decided yet. LFC won’t pay every price. Dortmund expects between €100-150m!

I think we want both Bellingham and Caicedo personally, maybe Enzo is the alternative to Bellingham?

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46953 on: November 30, 2022, 10:08:49 pm »

And then follows up with - As reported: Liverpool is doing everything and Klopp is pushing a lot! Internal saying: Bellingham first! Caicedo is an alternative. Liverpool is highly rated from the player. But nothing decided yet. LFC won’t pay every price. Dortmund expects between €100-150m!

It will be relentless until next summer, and I’m worried  what the reaction from the fanbase will be if we don’t end up getting him.

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46954 on: November 30, 2022, 10:10:56 pm »
He has also posted:

As reported: Liverpool is doing everything and Klopp is pushing a lot! Internal saying: Bellingham first! Caicedo is an alternative. Liverpool is highly rated from the player. But nothing decided yet. LFC won’t pay every price. Dortmund expects between €100-150m!

I think we want both Bellingham and Caicedo personally, maybe Enzo is the alternative to Bellingham?
Beat me to it!

But yes, I agree. Bellingham and Fernandez seem like the Tchouameni level of signing we want to make. Caicedo is a bit more raw.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #46955 on: November 30, 2022, 10:12:31 pm »
And then follows up with - As reported: Liverpool is doing everything and Klopp is pushing a lot! Internal saying: Bellingham first! Caicedo is an alternative. Liverpool is highly rated from the player. But nothing decided yet. LFC won’t pay every price. Dortmund expects between €100-150m!

It will be relentless until next summer, and I’m worried  what the reaction from the fanbase will be if we don’t end up getting him.

We will get him. It will be something like €100 million upfront, plus €30-40 million in add-ons. And he will be worth it ...

Offline Skagger

• Main Stander
« Reply #46956 on: November 30, 2022, 10:19:56 pm »

This is part of what makes me quietly confident, if he wants to come and we offer a total package of say 110m vs ADFC offering 130 Dortmund don't seem to be the type of club to try and force him, it hurts their pitch for future players, it sours their relationship with us, and Klopp has never played his "card" with them, this could all age like milk but I feel there is too much smoke

Offline deano2727

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #46957 on: November 30, 2022, 10:20:48 pm »
Not sure whether we get Bellingham or not. It might come down to getting CL football and spending more than we are comfortable with.

Of course, he could dig his heels in and say he wants us, but im not sure how much that would matter if we are significantly outbid.

I must admit, I haven't watched him all that much. The lad I live with is a Stuttgart fan and watches a lot of Bundesliga. He reckons he is brilliant, but Musiala is probably even a bit better. Irrelevant though since he is going to be the man for Bayern for years to come.

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #46958 on: November 30, 2022, 11:13:13 pm »

if trent moved up slightly we would have the quake symbol.

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #46959 on: November 30, 2022, 11:14:51 pm »
we need to go after Macalister. seems like a player with a lot of desire to improve.