Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD  (Read 3123342 times)

Offline Aldo1988

• Legacy Fan
  • Superduperfan & Whopper. Ooh sexist.
Re: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD
« Reply #47080 on: December 4, 2022, 12:37:28 pm »
Is what FSG said to Klopp

And what did Jurgen say back to them?
"Has Anyone Really Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do Look More Like?"

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47081 on: December 4, 2022, 12:52:17 pm »
And what did Jurgen say back to them?

His comments in the media about our transfer approach are there for all to see

Offline Aldo1988

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #47082 on: December 4, 2022, 12:57:12 pm »
His comments in the media about our transfer approach are there for all to see

I can't find one where Jurgen has come out saying the board haven't given him any funds, and he'd rather they didn't waste money on the clubs' infrastructure, but would rather we spend it all on transfers.  I can't even find one where he has a go at the owners for not giving him money to spend.
"Has Anyone Really Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do Look More Like?"

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47083 on: December 4, 2022, 01:19:28 pm »
I can't find one where Jurgen has come out saying the board haven't given him any funds, and he'd rather they didn't waste money on the clubs' infrastructure, but would rather we spend it all on transfers.  I can't even find one where he has a go at the owners for not giving him money to spend.

Well FFS when you put it in those extreme terms of course you won’t find anything, i don’t recall anyone insinuating he’s been given nothing at all to spend or that he thinks the training ground and new stands are a total waste of money

on the other hand he does want the club to be less conservative in the transfer market

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47084 on: December 4, 2022, 03:03:55 pm »
Yep, we're a paltry 4th on both of these.

And we shouldn't forget Kirkby, The Main and Anfield Road Stand expansions were all paid for via a 7/11 Super Sippers card.

Given that infrastructure increases the overall value of their asset and doesn't count against FFP either, you could easily argue that FSG should have stuck their hands in their pockets to pay for those improvements and freed up a bit more for necessary spending on the squad.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47085 on: December 4, 2022, 03:04:18 pm »
We have already paid £68.5 million for Nunez, with further £17 million coming. We have also agreed to pay the required £85 million to sign Tchouameni, but the player has chosen Real Madrid. So, we are not "conservative" in the transfer market. We just don't want to pay big for a player who we don't think is worth it ...
« Last Edit: December 4, 2022, 03:11:55 pm by PeterTheRed »

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47086 on: December 4, 2022, 03:33:09 pm »
Echo reporting this too.  :D

https://twitter.com/dmlynch/status/1599417267426512896

EXCL: A joint Saudi-Qatari consortium have emerged as strong early contenders to buy Liverpool after joining forces to avoid becoming embroiled in a bidding war. Interest also from German and American investors.

Offline Trump's tiny tiny hands

• Legacy Fan
  • Building steam with a grain of salt
« Reply #47087 on: December 4, 2022, 03:35:46 pm »
Oh boy.

But tell me more about the German investors, who could that be?

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47088 on: December 4, 2022, 03:41:30 pm »
We have already paid £68.5 million for Nunez, with further £17 million coming. We have also agreed to pay the required £85 million to sign Tchouameni, but the player has chosen Real Madrid. So, we are not "conservative" in the transfer market. We just don't want to pay big for a player who we don't think is worth it ...

we sold players to make up the majority of budget last summer and if jurgen klopp thinks we should be taking more risks then we should believe him

Offline cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #47089 on: December 4, 2022, 03:42:49 pm »

So two countries who fell out and were massive rivals until 18 months ago are going to work together and buy a club to show they are friends now? Sounds like a real solid base for ownership that

Be interested who the German is, probably a consortium

Online red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock
« Reply #47090 on: December 4, 2022, 03:44:24 pm »
Oh boy.

I just looked at a list of the 25 richest Germans, and followed up on the top few, but it doesn't seem super promising, unfortunately.

https://ceoworld.biz/2022/08/14/wealthiest-people-in-germany-august-14-2022/
At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #47091 on: December 4, 2022, 03:45:44 pm »

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47092 on: December 4, 2022, 03:50:36 pm »
we sold players to make up the majority of budget last summer and if jurgen klopp thinks we should be taking more risks then we should believe him

We have also re-signed one of the top players in the World on a heavilly improved contract. When Jurgen says "more risks", he is certainly not thinking about signing 3 new midfielders. He is thinking about making that last step, and buying the absolute top shelf targets. That is why we have pursued Mbappe and Tchouameni. That is why we will sign Bellingham ...

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47093 on: December 4, 2022, 03:51:26 pm »
Oh boy.

Klopp finally reaching into his pockets.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47094 on: December 4, 2022, 03:51:27 pm »
How reliable is this fella?

David Lynch? Great director mate. Mullholand Drive is a masterpiece.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #47095 on: December 4, 2022, 03:53:25 pm »
David Lynch? Great director mate. Mullholand Drive is a masterpiece.

Dickhead. ;D

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47096 on: December 4, 2022, 04:10:26 pm »
We have also re-signed one of the top players in the World on a heavilly improved contract. When Jurgen says "more risks", he is certainly not thinking about signing 3 new midfielders. He is thinking about making that last step, and buying the absolute top shelf targets. That is why we have pursued Mbappe and Tchouameni. That is why we will sign Bellingham ...

if we sign Bellingham then great but i wouldn’t hold my breath on it, the club has a track record of talking up major signings in the media only to deliver underwhelming results and excuses later

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #47097 on: December 4, 2022, 04:17:34 pm »
if we sign Bellingham then great but i wouldn’t hold my breath on it, the club has a track record of talking up major signings in the media only to deliver underwhelming results and excuses later
True, not since we signed Van Dijk and Ali have we gone for a big well known expensive player. We've bought plenty of very good ones but no one in that bracket. I genuinely think FSG have been content with the way the Club has been run with minimal desire to change anything. However I think even they have noticed that a big dip in form is not good for business and they'll need to spend some money now to keep us at least in the top 4.
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47098 on: December 4, 2022, 04:18:45 pm »
Oh boy.

Rumours are the German investors are looking at acquiring a stake of up to trente percente in the club Chris.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47099 on: December 4, 2022, 04:22:45 pm »
Oh boy.

Heard it from some German investors who have a large quantity of gold in Argentina they need to get rid of. The Roman Catholic church has offered its help in pushing the deal through.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47100 on: December 4, 2022, 04:25:11 pm »
True, not since we signed Van Dijk and Ali have we gone for a big well known expensive player. We've bought plenty of very good ones but no one in that bracket. I genuinely think FSG have been content with the way the Club has been run with minimal desire to change anything. However I think even they have noticed that a big dip in form is not good for business and they'll need to spend some money now to keep us at least in the top 4.

A more worrying scenario would be that they assume that a single season of underperforming due to lack of investment won't hurt their eventual sale price and will not stick their hand in their pocket in January.

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #47101 on: December 4, 2022, 04:49:44 pm »

Hopefully that could smooth the way for Mbappe to come here.

Offline Aldo1988

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #47102 on: December 4, 2022, 05:23:22 pm »

Nunez was rather expensive (with the add-ons).

Offline G Richards

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #47103 on: December 4, 2022, 06:20:47 pm »
Surely the point of FSG selling, in whole or in part, is because their model has taken us this far, but as we move forward, they recognize more is needed, since financial governance in top level football is not exactly the most robust.

So going to the past, continually, to make the point that we don’t spend enough on transfers, is a very obvious point to make, because even the owners are coming round to that viewpoint, hence their actions!

I think we can look forward with hope with regard to spending more.

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47104 on: December 4, 2022, 06:31:41 pm »
Rumours are the German investors are looking at acquiring a stake of up to trente percente in the club Chris.

We all love Trent - but his valuation must be through the roof if they are looking to acquire him!

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47105 on: December 4, 2022, 06:41:06 pm »
We all love Trent - but his valuation must be through the roof if they are looking to acquire him!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Bq_dkPkQUU
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #47107 on: December 4, 2022, 07:09:43 pm »

We have only got Thiago on the cheap (in terms of transfer fee) because of his contract situation. Konate, Diaz and Nunez were pretty expensive, and pursued by all the big clubs. I often find it funny how some of our fans like to talk down our players, just because they want to make a point ...

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47108 on: December 4, 2022, 07:48:45 pm »
Sign Bellingham at whatever cost

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #47109 on: December 4, 2022, 07:49:21 pm »
Sign Bellingham at whatever cost

This.

Offline skipper757

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #47110 on: December 4, 2022, 07:49:42 pm »
Sign Jude.

Give him a signing welcome like they do at Real.

Have Paul McCartney serenade him with "Hey Jude" at his signing.  Whatever.

Just do it.
King Kenny.

Offline cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47111 on: December 4, 2022, 07:50:16 pm »
I also agree signing Bellingham may be a good idea

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47112 on: December 4, 2022, 07:50:54 pm »
This.

So good. Bossing World Cup games at 19. He would be worth every penny

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #47113 on: December 4, 2022, 07:51:27 pm »
That piece of skill will put a few thousand more on his price.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #47114 on: December 4, 2022, 07:51:40 pm »
He’s an absolute prick tease if he ends up elsewhere
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47115 on: December 4, 2022, 07:52:42 pm »
Anyone else see how close Bellngham is to Hendo and Trent and convince themselves we’re signing him?
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #47116 on: December 4, 2022, 07:53:21 pm »
there will be a fight for his signature...

we can always dream but... he is special.

could sort our midfield for a decade and more.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #47117 on: December 4, 2022, 07:54:12 pm »
Anyone else see how close Bellngham is to Hendo and Trent and convince themselves we’re signing him?

I think the idea of us coming up with the money is more questionable than doubting he has a close friendship with Hendo and Trent.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47118 on: December 4, 2022, 07:55:38 pm »
Can’t see Dortmund letting Bellingham go for anything under would 90m after this tournament.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #47119 on: December 4, 2022, 07:56:36 pm »
I think the idea of us coming up with the money is more questionable than doubting he has a close friendship with Hendo and Trent.

We are one of the richest clubs in the World, so I doubt money will be a problem ...