Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD  (Read 3110838 times)

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
Re: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD
« Reply #42720 on: September 21, 2022, 03:07:37 pm »
That's because there's still a lot of Liverpool fans who actually believe we will spend over 100m on a player without selling an expensive player first.

At least Bellingham is some small way realistic. The mileage they got out of idiots from Mbappe was epic. But yeah we spoke to him once so of course that resolves all of that.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42721 on: September 21, 2022, 03:08:41 pm »
I can just imagine the conversation in the summer

Hi Julian, I've got something you might be interested in?

Go on Jorge...its one of your clients isnt it?

It is, he's really good though. Matheus Nunes?

Oh yeah, we've scouted him a few times

Want him?

Nah

How come?

Well.....bigger fish to fry

Yeah? Who?

Are you sitting down?

Yeah?

Its Jude Bellingham

Wow fuck! Congratulations thats a big one!

Yep  8)

Next summer yeah?

Yep  8)

How much is he costing?

Well.....not sure yet

Oh

What if Real Madrid or Man City come in for him?

Doubt they will mate, doubt they will

He wants to come to you only though?

Yeah would have thought so

Wait...you havent spoken to him?

Well no but he will surely...

What if he doesn't

He will, it'll be fine

You sure you dont want Nunes? He's gonna go Wolves otherwise

We would....but dont wanna risk not getting Bellingham

It doesn't really sound like you're going to ge.......

Huh? Jorge you're breaking up mate, sorry.

Clearly a few of you don't think much of our transfer team. But it takes a very special low opinion of them to think that we would essentially ignore the one area of our team that really needs strengthening for a whole season on the basis of waiting for a player that A) we have no agreement with the club, B) the player or C) the agent and D) who will very likely entertain much higher offers than we would make, both in terms of transfer fee and wages.

Either we're not waiting for him at all, or we've got fairly steadfast agreements with the club and the player.

If we are not waiting for him then last summer was even more of a pigs ear than its seemed. Waiting for a top target is the only out they have.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42722 on: September 21, 2022, 03:09:17 pm »
I always thought we should've got into cloning when Stevie was at his peak.

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #42723 on: September 21, 2022, 03:09:38 pm »
At least Bellingham is some small way realistic. The mileage they got out of idiots from Mbappe was epic. But yeah we spoke to him once so of course that resolves all of that.

Well to be honest I'm not sure how much we actually wanted Mbappe as his attitude stinks, He's not the type of character we want in the dressing room.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42724 on: September 21, 2022, 03:12:41 pm »
Well to be honest I'm not sure how much we actually wanted Mbappe as his attitude stinks, He's not the type of character we want in the dressing room.

I can assure you that wasnt the primary reason we didnt get Mbappe.

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #42725 on: September 21, 2022, 03:14:17 pm »
I can assure you that wasnt the primary reason we didnt get Mbappe.

Yeah I know  ;D But his attitude this season is horrible! Considering the players he playing with he needs to humble himself.

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42726 on: September 21, 2022, 03:18:14 pm »
Just because that's what they're asking doesn't mean that's what they'll get
The fact is there is demands for him, City, United and Chelsea would happily pay whatever Dortmund is asking.
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #42727 on: September 21, 2022, 04:10:19 pm »
I always thought we should've got into cloning when Stevie was at his peak.

Even if we had there would be plenty of here saying he won't play for us and will go to City / PSG.

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #42728 on: September 21, 2022, 04:30:53 pm »
We've certainly guaranteed we'll be bored as hell of Bellingham by next summer, that is for sure.

The narrative was always waiting to happen. Everyone knows his talent and then the great recognition comes in time, and often, after World Cups.

As is well rehearsed, we are not likely to be spending £120 million on one player unless our transfer policy or finance policy changes. Because there aren't really any big sales for us to make, now that Salah is tied up on his long term deal.

So the question will be: how much finance will we have ready, even if we do somehow approach Jude and his chosen club is Liverpool?
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42729 on: September 21, 2022, 04:39:30 pm »
We've certainly guaranteed we'll be bored as hell of Bellingham by next summer, that is for sure.

The narrative was always waiting to happen. Everyone knows his talent and then the great recognition comes in time, and often, after World Cups.

As is well rehearsed, we are not likely to be spending £120 million on one player unless our transfer policy or finance policy changes. Because there aren't really any big sales for us to make, now that Salah is tied up on his long term deal.

So the question will be: how much finance will we have ready, even if we do somehow approach Jude and his chosen club is Liverpool?

We need at least 3 more footballers, probably 2 in midfield and another attacker. I would much rather spend the money around. I don't want us to spend all our money on Bellingham and before anyone says "how do you know thats all we have?", there is no evidence thus far to the contrary.

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #42730 on: September 21, 2022, 04:43:18 pm »
Don't think Bellingham will go for that much regardless of what the press are writing. He has his pick of clubs so he will dictate where he goes and that might have a bearing on the transfer fee. He has two years left on his contract come this summer and if he tells Dortmund that he has decided he wants to go to Liverpool, I could see us getting him for a similar fee that  Madrid paid for Tchouameni which was rumored to be a guaranteed €80 million, potentially rising to €100 million.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #42731 on: September 21, 2022, 04:44:20 pm »

Now I know its not just you. And I know its something the likes of yourself, KH and others most likely do just to get a rise....but you must know this is bollocks and not really how our transfers work, right?

Signings over £40 million under Klopp:

Van Dijk £75 million
Nunez £65 million
Alisson £55 million
Keita £55 million
Diaz £42 million
Fabinho £40 million
Jota £40 million

Then Mo, Sadio, Bobby, Ibou and Ox all over £30 million

Sales over £40 million under Klopp

Coutinho £120 million

Sadio, Sakho and Ings the only others over £20 million

The whole 'need to sell a big player to buy a big player' myth should have died about four years ago, but my word has the Coutinho windfall gone a long way!
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #42732 on: September 21, 2022, 04:51:02 pm »
Dortmund apparently have an asking price of €150 million

You'd expect Dortmund would want a bidding war, rather than the idea of agreements with us or any other club.

If he has a breakout World Cup (look at Grealish's price after the Euros and he wasn't even in the team) and another starring season for Dortmund all the top clubs will be after him and you're likely talking the 2nd biggest transfer fee of all time after Neymar which is the kind of fee mooted by Dortmund in the article. He could easily pocket 400k a week off City or Chelsea as well. THat obviously blows us out the water.

You'd still like to think we haven't just wasted a summer in desperate need of a midfielder for nothing and we can get a deal done, but we must source viable alternatives.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2022, 04:53:05 pm by Fromola »
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #42733 on: September 21, 2022, 05:00:25 pm »
Personally I've said it a couple of times that there is just no way a midfielder could ever justify those type of costs. The problem is people generally and naturally equate transfer fee to a players value but that's just not true. A transfer fee is what the selling club thinks it will take for them to terminate that players contract and replace their production based on current market prices and the length of their current contract. Thiago being a £25m pound player vs. Declan Rice as a £100m pound player doesn't mean Declan is 4x the player Thiago is but that's the way everybody thinks what transfer fees mean. You see it repeated on these boards ad nauseam about how FSG is preventing LFC from reinforcing as a notion of spend and quality are intertwined even if in reality that's not always the case and sometimes is clearly not the case.

I don't doubt that we could spend £150m on one transfer fee plus the associated contract, agents, etc etc. Are you getting £150m of value though? How do you measure that and how likely is that to ever come true? Is it that they increase the value of the club by £150m? Is it that they increase the likelihood of winning trophies worth £150m? Is it that they do the job of a £50m midfielder but for a longer period of time? Or they added £150m worth of goal production? In general the only measurable things are so unlikely to be worth this kind of money and the downside of being wrong are so great that it makes no sense to ever do aside from saying you did it. Because we're really talking about committing about 1/3rd of our yearly turnover to one player which is kind of insane when you think about it that way.

Maybe with inflation these figures become the norm but that's solely due to more money being in the game which then dictates more money goes to players one way or another and not because the value added to the team has increased at all.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2022, 05:01:56 pm by Dave McCoy »

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42734 on: September 21, 2022, 05:01:12 pm »
I think its important to stress that the club should not be criticised if they decided Bellingham is just too expensive for them and at these prices, I fully believe he is.

If the club decides to look elsewhere, its completely right.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #42735 on: September 21, 2022, 05:02:58 pm »
Personally I've said it a couple of times that there is just no way a midfielder could ever justify those type of costs. The problem is people generally and naturally equate transfer fee to a players value but that's just not true. A transfer fee is what the selling club thinks it will take for them to terminate that players contract and replace their production based on current market prices and the length of their current contract. Thiago being a £25m pound player vs. Declan Rice as a £100m pound player doesn't mean Declan is 4x the player Thiago is but that's the way everybody thinks what transfer fees mean. You see it repeated on these boards ad nauseam about how FSG is preventing LFC from reinforcing as a notion of spend and quality are intertwined even if in reality that's not always the case and sometimes is clearly not the case.

I don't doubt that we could spend £150m on one transfer fee plus the associated contract, agents, etc etc. Are you getting £150m of value though? How do you measure that and how likely is that to ever come true? Is it that they increase the value of the club by £150m? Is it that they increase the likelihood of winning trophies worth £150m? Is it that they just the job of a £50m midfielder but for a longer period of time? Or they added £150m worth of goal production? In general the only measurable things are so unlikely to be worth this kind of money and the downside of being wrong are so great that it makes no sense to ever do aside from saying you did it. Because we're really talking about committing about 1/3rd of our yearly turnover to one player which is kind of insane when you think about it that way.

Maybe with inflation these figures become the norm but that's solely due to more money being in the game which then dictates more money goes to players one way or another and not because the value added to the team has increased at all.

City threw down 100 mill on Grealish. If he's just a squad player for them then it makes no odds to them. That's the difference.

Chelsea spent 100 mill on a striker last season and loaned him out this season while throwing another 300 mill on new players.

We're not operating on anything like a level playing field with other clubs who can absorb these fees and wages without blinking.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Dave McCoy

• Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #42736 on: September 21, 2022, 05:06:00 pm »
City threw down 100 mill on Grealish. If he's just a squad player for them then it makes no odds to them. That's the difference.

Chelsea spent 100 mill on a striker last season and loaned him out this season while throwing another 300 mill on new players.

We're not operating on anything like a level playing field with other clubs who can absorb these fees and wages without blinking.

And? It's never been a level playing field and probably never will be. On top of the fact you're proving my point in that fee doesn't equal quality or guarantee team outcomes. If it did then you're right this would just be a pointless numbers game and everybody should just go home.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42737 on: September 21, 2022, 05:07:40 pm »
Arthur is one midfielder who wants to stay beyond the season. Good on you lad.  :)

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/arthur-melo-enlists-help-to-try-and-force-his-way-into-liverpool-squad-z6xx2bk5l?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1663765807

Arthur Melo has recruited a physiotherapist, a fitness coach and a nutritionist to work with him daily as he looks to impress Jürgen Klopp and forge a lengthy career at Liverpool. [@_pauljoyce]

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42738 on: September 21, 2022, 05:15:47 pm »
Whats happened for everyone to say we won't get Bellingham?
I don't know why he's seemingly the only midfielder in world football that would improve the team.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42739 on: September 21, 2022, 05:28:11 pm »
I don't know why he's seemingly the only midfielder in world football that would improve the team.

He clearly isnt but the whole FSG debate has made players like him the lightning rod. So you have a transfer team that are becoming even more reticent to sign players and justification of that being us wanting to wait for the right players. In some cases it might be because its true, or because its a good way to bat away the lack of money question.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42740 on: September 21, 2022, 05:33:34 pm »
He clearly isnt but the whole FSG debate has made players like him the lightning rod. So you have a transfer team that are becoming even more reticent to sign players and justification of that being us wanting to wait for the right players. In some cases it might be because its true, or because its a good way to bat away the lack of money question.
There were a few midfielders that moved last summer from teams we could deal with, and weren't costing the Earth, but we hear "next summer" almost every year, now I'm not anti FSG at all, but if our recruitment team are still as elite as they're considered to be, then they should be signing the likes of Tchouameni 12 months prior to their breakthrough.

Offline Dave McCoy

• Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #42741 on: September 21, 2022, 05:39:56 pm »
There were a few midfielders that moved last summer from teams we could deal with, and weren't costing the Earth, but we hear "next summer" almost every year, now I'm not anti FSG at all, but if our recruitment team are still as elite as they're considered to be, then they should be signing the likes of Tchouameni 12 months prior to their breakthrough.

So we should be able to predict future progression with near certainty or hoover up any kid with potential and flout the new anti-loan army rules as we amass a huge squad in doing this? Either one seems completely unrealistic.

Offline HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #42742 on: September 21, 2022, 05:50:27 pm »
So Bellingham is now off the table then, which was somewhat predictable in all honesty.

Wonder who will target instead.

But but there was no one else out there who we liked as Bellingham was unavailable and it seemed like it was him and tcho tcho and nobody else. That was reason we didn’t go for anyone else wasn’t it? It was because we had our eyes set on Bellingham and Bellingham only next summer and were saving our money for that

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Aurrera begiratzen ez duena, atzean dago.
« Reply #42743 on: September 21, 2022, 06:32:16 pm »
Has Peter/MacRed/Nostradamus come by to reassure everyone that we know nothing and are definitely still signing Bellingham next summer?  ;D

Sort of glad Dortmund have come out with this, avoids the inevitable pissing contest and allows us to spend money on more transformative footballers (note, plural) for similar or even less outlay. Like Mbappe, he’s been priced out of our reach.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Online Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42744 on: September 21, 2022, 06:35:15 pm »
But but there was no one else out there who we liked as Bellingham was unavailable and it seemed like it was him and tcho tcho and nobody else. That was reason we didn’t go for anyone else wasn’t it? It was because we had our eyes set on Bellingham and Bellingham only next summer and were saving our money for that

It was because our top 5 targets were not available and the other options around didn't seem worth the money (Douglas Luiz for £50 million, Caicedo for over £45 million) or just not someone we were interested in (Nunes, Parqeta who to be frank looked fucking atrocious the last match for WH) or not proven enough for the cost (Kone, Enzo Fernandez) or not really interested in the move to us (Laimer as he wants Bayern) or not someone we wanted due to other reasons (Bissouma).

Offline Egyptian36

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42745 on: September 21, 2022, 06:36:37 pm »

Its easy for a scouting department at any club to recommend players with great potential but how do you make sure the player will be a success when he didn't prove himself yet. It's a risk and Klopp knows we can't take risks with how limited our budget is compared to what we want to achieve.

Offline plura

• Bear with me
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42746 on: September 21, 2022, 07:15:18 pm »
Arthur is one midfielder who wants to stay beyond the season. Good on you lad.  :)

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/arthur-melo-enlists-help-to-try-and-force-his-way-into-liverpool-squad-z6xx2bk5l?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1663765807

Good.

I hope we get to see some performances from him. You can get enough of people with real drive.
Let’s just see if he has what it takes.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42747 on: September 21, 2022, 07:33:47 pm »

Well thankfully if these players are not there then no way the nerds at our club can say lets not sign anyone. Now we will have no choice but to move on, mercifully.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42748 on: September 21, 2022, 07:34:35 pm »
Has Peter/MacRed/Nostradamus come by to reassure everyone that we know nothing and are definitely still signing Bellingham next summer?  ;D

Sort of glad Dortmund have come out with this, avoids the inevitable pissing contest and allows us to spend money on more transformative footballers (note, plural) for similar or even less outlay. Like Mbappe, he’s been priced out of our reach.

Yep, for me this news and his price range is a good thing. The obsession for him from fans is ridiculous.

Offline Bergersrightwingviews

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42749 on: September 21, 2022, 07:59:35 pm »
We aren’t signing Bellingham and, frankly, for the price quoted in the papers we shouldn’t.
Roger Scruton was right about everything.

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42750 on: September 21, 2022, 08:14:00 pm »
Now I know its not just you. And I know its something the likes of yourself, KH and others most likely do just to get a rise....but you must know this is bollocks and not really how our transfers work, right?

Signings over £40 million under Klopp:

Van Dijk £75 million
Nunez £65 million
Alisson £55 million
Keita £55 million
Diaz £42 million
Fabinho £40 million
Jota £40 million

Then Mo, Sadio, Bobby, Ibou and Ox all over £30 million

Sales over £40 million under Klopp

Coutinho £120 million

Sadio, Sakho and Ings the only others over £20 million

The whole 'need to sell a big player to buy a big player' myth should have died about four years ago, but my word has the Coutinho windfall gone a long way!

It’s the amount we raise from sales overall, the club is not spending massively over what it takes in but it wouldn’t be like you to miss a chance to deliberately miscrue data now would it?

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42751 on: September 21, 2022, 08:17:16 pm »
We aren’t signing Bellingham and, frankly, for the price quoted in the papers we shouldn’t.

Agreed, I couldn’t tell you what the priority is for next summer whilst we were still trying to
reorientate and gain out whits about us

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42752 on: September 21, 2022, 08:17:57 pm »
Of course we are not. It's just not how FSG operate.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42753 on: September 21, 2022, 08:18:59 pm »
Bellingham will 100% end up at City if they want him. More money, medals and goals and assists than he'd get anywhere else.

Is the right answer unfortunately.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Online Musketeer Gripweed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42754 on: September 21, 2022, 08:22:30 pm »
Annoyed to hear Mudryk getting bigged up again tonight. Was hoping we might nip in for him under the radar in January.

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #42755 on: September 21, 2022, 08:31:44 pm »
 I mean, the question isn't 'will Liverpool sign Bellimgham', the question is, 'are there midfielders anywhere in the world better than Milner,  Keita and Henderson'. No, apparently not.
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42756 on: September 21, 2022, 08:46:34 pm »
Go and do something useful with your life. Bitching and moaning in the transfer thread during the international break is a pure waste of time. Time that you'll never get back ...

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42757 on: September 21, 2022, 09:16:03 pm »
I mean, the question isn't 'will Liverpool sign Bellimgham', the question is, 'are there midfielders anywhere in the world better than Milner,  Keita and Henderson'. No, apparently not.

yep and midfield isn’t the only area that needs improvement, Bellingham isn’t the answer to all our problems

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42758 on: September 21, 2022, 09:55:26 pm »
Of course we are not. It's just not how FSG operate.

Nor should we. He is an 19 year old playing in Germany, no way should the club be expected to spend that much on him.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42759 on: September 21, 2022, 10:12:20 pm »
Go and do something useful with your life. Bitching and moaning in the transfer thread during the international break is a pure waste of time. Time that you'll never get back ...

Of course because we shouldnt speak about other midfielders because we are signing Bellingham. Just in the same way you told us we should forget talking about attackers because we were getting Mbappe.