Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD  (Read 3128671 times)

Offline Oskar

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD
« Reply #36040 on: August 18, 2022, 09:41:15 am »
If we get Bellingham then it will be a very expensive summer because we need another midfielder as well.

Not necessarily.

If we want two midfielders, we could sign Bellingham and someone like Laimer who'd be available as a free agent as things stand. If Milner, Keita and Oxlade-Chamberlain all go, that's a lot of money freed up from the wage bill and the signing-on fee and wages of a player like Laimer, if he is available, shouldn't be beyond us even if we did sign Bellingham.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #36041 on: August 18, 2022, 09:46:56 am »
Used to be, but not anymore

Well played 😃

Offline Trump's tiny tiny hands

• Legacy Fan
  • Building steam with a grain of salt
« Reply #36042 on: August 18, 2022, 09:56:06 am »
Linked with Ismael Bennacer, who has rejected the latest contract offer. If he was a target I'm sure we would've moved for him by now but he ticks a lot of boxes.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #36043 on: August 18, 2022, 09:56:17 am »
Laimer was one that made a lot of sense for us (and a few other clubs) this summer, given he was apparently available for around £24m. He has a lot of the qualities of a younger Henderson, whilst probably being a bit better technically.

With him being available on a free I can see him at Bayern next season but we may be interested, he certainly profiles statistically speaking as someone who’d fit in our midfield. I like watching him too, one of the most ceaseless runners in all of football.

On Bennacer, a quality operator that I feel will be on City’s radar if Bernardo Silva leaves.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36044 on: August 18, 2022, 10:06:03 am »
Laimer was one that made a lot of sense for us (and a few other clubs) this summer, given he was apparently available for around £24m. He has a lot of the qualities of a younger Henderson, whilst probably being a bit better technically.

With him being available on a free I can see him at Bayern next season but we may be interested, he certainly profiles statistically speaking as someone who’d fit in our midfield. I like watching him too, one of the most ceaseless runners in all of football.

On Bennacer, a quality operator that I feel will be on City’s radar if Bernardo Silva leaves.
There's something distinctive about Algerian footballers technique too, which I'm very on board with.

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36045 on: August 18, 2022, 10:16:25 am »

One of the many odd things about our refusal to bring in a midfielder is we don’t actually need someone that good to significantly upgrade us. Technical ability a little above Henderson (as in press resistance - Henderson has great technical ability in lots of respects but his press resistance and ability to play on the half turn isn’t great) and more energy and pace than any of our other midfielders, which at this point isn’t a massive bar to clear. Able to play 2500+ minutes a season. The computer guys will find a decent number of players like that.

Offline Phineus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #36046 on: August 18, 2022, 10:34:04 am »
Bennacer would be a great addition, not sure he'd break the bank either.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36047 on: August 18, 2022, 10:34:56 am »
Bennacer would be a great addition, not sure he'd break the bank either.

Are we linked with him?

Offline Phineus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #36048 on: August 18, 2022, 10:41:55 am »
Someone mentioned so earlier up the thread, my post was in reply to that - no idea how accurate it is though.

Offline HardworkDedication

• Hardwork and Dedication linked to many stories - Mingebag. Has no opinion of his own. Human news ticker tape.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36049 on: August 18, 2022, 11:10:03 am »
noc@nocturnalibpool·15h
A glimmer of hope for you boys & girls, I’ve heard we’re looking a lot at the French league recently. “Don’t kill the messenger” etc.

Vague tweet to say the least.

Offline lollysportswasher

• Wants us to accept the reality that Liverpool will never sign another player.
  • Kopite
« Reply #36050 on: August 18, 2022, 11:14:53 am »
If Keita is leaving we need to hijack Nunes transfer to Wolves exactly to how we hijacked  Diaz from Spurs.

Offline lfcred1976

• Anny Roader
« Reply #36051 on: August 18, 2022, 11:16:42 am »
If Keita is leaving we need to hijack Nunes transfer to Wolves exactly to how we hijacked  Diaz from Spurs.

Too late for that as he’s officially signed for them this morning

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36052 on: August 18, 2022, 11:18:14 am »

It's done, too late, hope he does well at Wolves so time to move on

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36053 on: August 18, 2022, 11:20:51 am »
noc@nocturnalibpool·15h
A glimmer of hope for you boys & girls, I’ve heard we’re looking a lot at the French league recently. “Don’t kill the messenger” etc.

I'm going to say I don't think this seems like particularly reliable, or significant, news.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36054 on: August 18, 2022, 11:22:20 am »
noc@nocturnalibpool·15h

We're not signing anyone unless there's another few injuries, we will hobble along with injuries until January at the earliest

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36055 on: August 18, 2022, 11:22:54 am »
Thought it was curious the way Klopp was specifically talking about contracts and contract lengths when saying why it was difficult to go in for someone this summer

"The thing is, it is easy for us to bring a midfielder in but it is not so easy to bring the right midfielder in," he told Sky Sports. "There are money reasons and contractual reasons which, most of the time, go hand-in-hand

Now the situation has changed slightly: we have more injuries, that's true. But it can still only be about the right [player] and that is not easy. It is nothing to do with that it is now August already and at the end of August, the transfer window closes.

"It's just because it is 2022 and people have contracts until 2024, 2025 or 2026, that's the situation and that's why we have to be calm and sort our problems with the boys we have. It's all about solutions and only one of these solutions is the transfer market, all the other solutions are here."

___

It does really suggest he's saying we have specific targets we just can't get this summer. Although of course I wouldn't deny that it's up to the club to identify targets we can get now if we need it which we probably do if we have hopes of challenging like last season.

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #36056 on: August 18, 2022, 11:29:21 am »
noc@nocturnalibpool·15h

Vague indeed !

We will be looking at all leagues I might tweet and say we are looking at La Liga later 😂😂

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #36057 on: August 18, 2022, 11:31:01 am »
noc@nocturnalibpool·15h

We're getting Gini back.  ::)
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36058 on: August 18, 2022, 11:31:03 am »

___

It does really suggest he's saying we have specific targets we just can't get this summer. Although of course I wouldn't deny that it's up to the club to identify targets we can get now if we need it which we probably do if we have hopes of challenging like last season.

This is a daft situation of our own making though IMO. For me we needed a midfielder last summer to replace Gini, who was virtually ever present the season before. I can accept that we expected Elliot to 'replace' shaqiri maybe, but we never had anyone in for Gini which for me should have been done last summer.

Now we STILL need to replace Gini [maybe that person was Tchouameni which fell through] and haven't....so next window, or next summer we are going to need to replace: Gini, milner, Keita and Ox, in theory as well as Bobby who links attack with midfield [is that person Carvalho, maybe, but he's very young].

I've always kind of thought we need 2 midfielders by next summer but the more I look at it it feels more like 3. It looks like Bellingham will happen next Summer, fine. But we're short now.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Offline Bend It Like Aurelio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36059 on: August 18, 2022, 11:33:33 am »
Thought it was curious the way Klopp was specifically talking about contracts and contract lengths when saying why it was difficult to go in for someone this summer

"The thing is, it is easy for us to bring a midfielder in but it is not so easy to bring the right midfielder in," he told Sky Sports. "There are money reasons and contractual reasons which, most of the time, go hand-in-hand

Now the situation has changed slightly: we have more injuries, that's true. But it can still only be about the right [player] and that is not easy. It is nothing to do with that it is now August already and at the end of August, the transfer window closes.

"It's just because it is 2022 and people have contracts until 2024, 2025 or 2026, that's the situation and that's why we have to be calm and sort our problems with the boys we have. It's all about solutions and only one of these solutions is the transfer market, all the other solutions are here."

___

2024-26 eh? Jude Bellingham's contract runs to 2025.

Next headline. "Bellingham confirmed as target by Klopp."

Offline lfcred1976

• Anny Roader
« Reply #36060 on: August 18, 2022, 11:38:49 am »
How good is Bellingham tho?  Is he this world class player that will transform our midfield and take us to the next level?  Can’t comment as I’ve never seen him play.

I know people on here like to overhype players a lot, but is Bellingham some rare world class talent?

Offline Rawkybalboa

• "I wouldn't have a clue..."
  • No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
  • somebody puts his hand on u, send him2the grave
« Reply #36061 on: August 18, 2022, 11:39:00 am »
I dont understand how we are so nailed on to get Bellingham next season. Its not as if we have brought him and let him stay a season like the Kieta deal. A lot changes in football over a week. He could easily end up going to Real Madrid or somehwere. and then again could end up at Everton like Delle Alli.

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #36062 on: August 18, 2022, 11:45:28 am »
How good is Bellingham tho?  Is he this world class player that will transform our midfield and take us to the next level?  Can’t comment as I’ve never seen him play.

I know people on here like to overhype players a lot, but is Bellingham some rare world class talent?

Well it seems like he’s the only midfielder in world football who we want so I’m guessing he’s amazing!

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #36063 on: August 18, 2022, 11:46:22 am »
I dont understand how we are so nailed on to get Bellingham next season. Its not as if we have brought him and let him stay a season like the Kieta deal. A lot changes in football over a week. He could easily end up going to Real Madrid or somehwere. and then again could end up at Everton like Delle Alli.

I was sort of with you until the last sentence. Stop drinking, you've had enough.

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36064 on: August 18, 2022, 11:48:06 am »

he is good but at 19 it's a bit mental to expect him to come in and revolutionize a midfield that - by next summer - will be potentially light 3 players out of contract, contain 2x30+ year olds and a 29 year old who currently looks like he's running on fumes, and another couple of under 23's in Jones, Elliot and Carvalho

Offline Rawkybalboa

• "I wouldn't have a clue..."
  • No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
  • somebody puts his hand on u, send him2the grave
« Reply #36065 on: August 18, 2022, 11:49:34 am »
I was sort of with you until the last sentence. Stop drinking, you've had enough.

;D

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36066 on: August 18, 2022, 11:51:32 am »
Side point to your question, but I really don't think it would take a world class talent to transform our midfield's potential.

Just look back at an example in the not too distant past, when we brought in Momo Sissoko to complement Alonso Gerrard and Hamann.

Noone could argue he was world class, and he certainly wasn't a better footballer than any of the others, but his stamina/energy and ability to cover ground freed up Alonso and Gerrard to control games and score/assist more frequently (respectively). Prior to a freak eye injury he was almost an every present in terms of availability and fitness.

(not saying we need a Momo, saying it's possible that non-world class talents can still hugely effect the team and squad and its potential)

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36067 on: August 18, 2022, 11:55:33 am »
noc@nocturnalibpool·15h

Khephren Thuram-Ulien would be my pick.

So vague saying we're looking at Ligue 1 that they're bound to be 100% correct haha.

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #36068 on: August 18, 2022, 12:16:56 pm »
Khephren Thuram-Ulien

Didn't he rule Egypt 4000 years ago?

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36069 on: August 18, 2022, 12:37:57 pm »
Klopps at his worst when he talks about transfers and the market - he obviously can’t be upfront and honest about specifics and so what he does say often sounds nonsensical
It doesn’t make sense to start talking about money and contracts it just confuses the issue … either the squad needs a midfielder this seaosn or it doesn’t

By the way is that the full interview or did he comment on the Laimer links?

Offline Magix

• Partial to Tarts
  • Legacy Fan
  • Just 5 points away
« Reply #36070 on: August 18, 2022, 12:39:57 pm »

___

It could be that if Bellingham is going to be the big outlay in terms of transfer fee, then the other midfielders targetted around the same time could free transfers or players whose contracts are running down. Hence, the waiting game.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #36071 on: August 18, 2022, 12:40:41 pm »
By the way is that the full interview or did he comment on the Laimer links?

Have we actually been linked with him then?
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36072 on: August 18, 2022, 12:55:48 pm »
I would sell Keita this window. I wouldnt offer him a new contract. Too unreliable & too slow.
He does have quality.
But is he worth 130k in wages I dont think so on

Elliott though could really kick on this season. Excellent vs Palace.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36073 on: August 18, 2022, 12:57:36 pm »
Have we actually been linked with him then?

Yes.
I admit some % of them are from me and DS

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36074 on: August 18, 2022, 12:58:49 pm »

Yes.

Are you reliable?

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #36075 on: August 18, 2022, 12:58:54 pm »

Yes.

;D
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #36076 on: August 18, 2022, 01:13:04 pm »
I would sell Keita this window. I wouldnt offer him a new contract. Too unreliable & too slow.
He does have quality.
But is he worth 130k in wages I dont think so on

Elliott though could really kick on this season. Excellent vs Palace.

No point in selling if replacement not lined up

Offline lollysportswasher

• Wants us to accept the reality that Liverpool will never sign another player.
  • Kopite
« Reply #36077 on: August 18, 2022, 01:16:28 pm »
If Real Madrid are losing Casemiro,  they gonna go all out for Jude which is worrying.

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36078 on: August 18, 2022, 01:19:20 pm »
Keita out, Fabian Ruiz in who says no?

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36079 on: August 18, 2022, 01:20:24 pm »
If Real Madrid are losing Casemiro,  they gonna go all out for Jude which is worrying.

Only an opposition fan would be worried about Man United spending so much on Casemiro. Their midfield is absolutely stacked. They’ve got Modric, Kroos, Camavinga, Valverde and Tchouameni. You think they’re going to commit another huge amount on one? You should watch Casemiro YouTube videos to try and justify being worried.