Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD  (Read 3123107 times)

Offline HardworkDedication

• Hardwork and Dedication linked to many stories - Mingebag. Has no opinion of his own. Human news ticker tape.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - END GAME
« Reply #33240 on: July 1, 2022, 06:26:20 am »
noc@nocturnalibpool·1h
Why influx of following requests

Haha my guess is the influx has come from members of rawk since I posted his account yesterday lol. Enjoy his cryptic tweets :D

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #33241 on: July 1, 2022, 06:34:09 am »
I was thinking of the league. Each time we were wishing for them to slip up somehow, but every time, once they went ahead, it was game over. They didn't lose a single game after going ahead, and scarcely any points.

We didn’t lose a single game after going ahead either. Doesn’t happen too often too either of us.

Obviously we dropped some points from winning positions though. Although won plenty of points from losing positions, almost certainly more than City did.

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #33242 on: July 1, 2022, 06:41:35 am »
We didn’t lose a single game after going ahead either. Doesn’t happen too often too either of us.

Obviously we dropped some points from winning positions though. Although won plenty of points from losing positions, almost certainly more than City did.

City were hardly ever behind. In fact, the only game they dropped points in where they took the lead was against us. Every time they went behind they dropped points except crucially Villa in the final game of the season.

Online Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33243 on: July 1, 2022, 06:44:50 am »
Luka Sucic is a lefty, sign him up!

https://youtu.be/XvwwvhsGUz0

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33244 on: July 1, 2022, 07:59:33 am »
City were hardly ever behind. In fact, the only game they dropped points in where they took the lead was against us. Every time they went behind they dropped points except crucially Villa in the final game of the season.

Leaving aside the off pitch cheating that was some big on pitch balls against Villa.

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33245 on: July 1, 2022, 08:10:05 am »
For me it`s starting to get to the point with Bellingham like it did with Mbappe and Haaland: There is so much talk about him ànd such high fees thrown around that I`m starting to not be arsed.

Hope Julian Ward uses this as his process for incoming transfers. "Bored now mate. Next."
If you don't to read mindless nonsense about footballers who might sign for Liverpool, you are very much in the wrong place.

Online Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33246 on: July 1, 2022, 08:14:32 am »

Admittedly the lad looks good on the video  :) if we're not adding more senior players in the window i hope we manage to broaden our already good base of elite youth talent with youngsters like this.

Think we were recently unreliably linked with Santos's Marcos Leonardo as well,just read somewhere the points system used in signing south american players has been significantly relaxed so maybe we should look there more.

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #33247 on: July 1, 2022, 08:53:23 am »

So I get he’s 20 so scouting > stats but this isn’t impressive given the league he’s playing in
https://fbref.com/en/players/1e1378e1/Luka-Sucic

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33248 on: July 1, 2022, 08:57:40 am »
We get Bellingham next year, and Dortmund get Sucic to replace him. :)

Online Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33249 on: July 1, 2022, 08:59:43 am »
So I get he’s 20 so scouting > stats but this isn’t impressive given the league he’s playing in

Is that accurate though? He's scored eight goals so not sure how he's rocking 0.0 non-penalty goals per 90. Presume that's European competition, he was involved in a handful of CL games last season.

He's played hardly any senior football btw, so I don't think we'll be minded to buy him yet - needs at least one more season of, well, seasoning, before he'd be ready to move.

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33250 on: July 1, 2022, 09:01:00 am »
It's 500 minutes of champions League football.and he was 19 all that year

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33251 on: July 1, 2022, 09:07:16 am »
It's 500 minutes of champions League football.and he was 19 all that year

Ah of course it’s CL … thanks I’m still sleepy … so small sample size obvs. Though the passing over 5 90s isn’t good - I guess there’s a decent chance he’s getting pressed to death in those games
I do think you’d want a young player to be destroying the Austrian league to be interested .. No idea if he is or not

Online Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33252 on: July 1, 2022, 09:10:04 am »
Ah of course it’s CL … thanks I’m still sleepy … so small sample size obvs. Though the passing over 5 90s isn’t good - I guess there’s a decent chance he’s getting pressed to death in those games
I do think you’d want a young player to be destroying the Austrian league to be interested .. No idea if he is or not

It's a good example of why we wait, isn't it? Loads on Twitter will have a go if, say, he ends up at Leipzig or Dortmund this summer but there's too much risk at the moment in signing him (unless the stats suggest he's destroying the Austrian league as you say). If he takes a big jump in his CL numbers this season, that will be cause for intrigue.

Online Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33253 on: July 1, 2022, 09:20:15 am »
He is consistently wrong. Has said numerous times over the last year that Salah has agreed to sign. Also claimed Mane's contract was all agreed and he'd sign at the end of the season. But it's helped him get a good following and quite a few subscribers to his YouTube channel. He's probably making some decent money from it all.

Just seen some of his tweets he dont like anyone who questions him it seems !

Like you say probably makes abit of money reeling people in 😂

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33254 on: July 1, 2022, 09:41:23 am »
It's a good example of why we wait, isn't it? Loads on Twitter will have a go if, say, he ends up at Leipzig or Dortmund this summer but there's too much risk at the moment in signing him (unless the stats suggest he's destroying the Austrian league as you say). If he takes a big jump in his CL numbers this season, that will be cause for intrigue.

For sure
Recruiting for us is really really hard now because our idea is not really to buy prospects and develop them - that's a level down in club .... its to get players who are putting up elite numbers before the rest of the world knows they're elite however that ship has pretty much sailed - or at least its a less frequent opportunity these days.
Diaz obv shows its still possible... but Nunez is a step out on the risk curve
Tchouameni is a great example of this, I'm sure we'll have tracked him for a decent amount of time but elite performing 21 year olds are just known to everyone these days

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33255 on: July 1, 2022, 10:58:01 am »
Think every club these days knows about the likes of Diaz or any other possible prospect, it's just a matter of timing as Spurs were one step ahead with making Diaz an offer. We were lucky enough to find out n clinch a deal six months prior to when we needed to. We knew Mane was off so sorted out his replacement before we had to thus saving us money probably.

Anyway clubs can't hide dealings anymore as it's all played out on the 24/7 social media. Before we use to hear of a signing when the news reached the back page the day after pen is put to paper. Now we actual track the possible private plane that has scheduled a flight BTW selling club and us. Its a little nuts really as we now are getting told two months prior to the transfer window all our major dealings are done. July 1st and can't even get an itch over a possible transfer link. Laughable really as knowing too much actually kills the buzz we had as kids.
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Online Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33256 on: July 1, 2022, 11:30:23 am »
Think every club these days knows about the likes of Diaz or any other possible prospect, it's just a matter of timing as Spurs were one step ahead with making Diaz an offer. We were lucky enough to find out n clinch a deal six months prior to when we needed to. We knew Mane was off so sorted out his replacement before we had to thus saving us money probably.

For what it's worth, I don't think it was luck. We've got really strong relationships with certain clubs, and Porto seems to be one of them - Julian Ward has strong connections to Portgual, while Lijnders and Matos have links to Porto specifically. We'd also clearly had intitial conversations with them on Diaz specifically, and it's a combination of those factors that led to Porto letting us know that Spurs were in for Diaz, allowing us to move quickly.

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #33257 on: July 1, 2022, 11:56:04 am »

I agree with this.

The risk for us is that he just doesn't get game time to develop. Buying him and putting him on loan at Hertha Berlin, for example, isn't the same as Sucic getting a permanent move to a Dortmund or Leipzig and playing for them for 2 years. Loans can work out but the mindset must be different.

That's the balance and risk we take. Let him develop another year or 2 but we'll spend more and risk he goes elsewhere if he turns out good. Buy him now and we risk he doesn't develop into the player he could be because he's 8th in line for game time.

I suppose it's a risk we may have taken 4 or 5 years ago. I suppose we did with Grujic and Can for example. Bought them both early, though different pedigree based on their earlier experiences. We could do that back in 2015-2016 because the hurdle to getting regular game time in our squad wasn't as high. A young player getting game time for us now is really hard. We will still make a pathway for individuals we believe are hugely talented but that standard is arguably higher and we aren't in a position to have 7 or 8 talented youngster in the squad whilst competing for CL and PL.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #33258 on: July 1, 2022, 12:17:59 pm »

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33259 on: July 1, 2022, 12:40:38 pm »

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #33260 on: July 1, 2022, 12:45:42 pm »
Pretty low league that.

To be fair, we seem to have recent form in placing younger players, especially keepers at lower levels. The last young keeper we loaned to a club at a higher level was probably Grabara when we loaned him to Huddersfield.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33261 on: July 1, 2022, 12:53:31 pm »

Buy ALL THE AUSTRALIANS!

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33262 on: July 1, 2022, 01:16:15 pm »
Does anyone on here know Grizz Khan personally? He's been dropping cryptic messages that Salah has agreed a new deal over the last few days.

He’s absolutely full of shit when it comes to transfers.

Seems a nice enough guy as I’ve seen him occasionally on Redmen TV etc but his transfer ‘knowledge’ is just a load of guesswork and bet hedging which he then retweets when something comes off.

Offline G Richards

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33263 on: July 1, 2022, 01:34:32 pm »
There’s a sense in which we are victims of our own success. The likes of Sucic will be well known and scouted, but we can’t buy all the players! He probably still needs to develop a bit more, for the likes of us. It’s the age old conundrum.

Buy now, cheaper, and then how do we ensure his rate of progress? OR buy later, when he has kicked on, as we suspected he might, and then we have to pay for it, and beat off quality competition to the signing.

Still, I’d much rather be where we are now, than a stepping stone for players on the way up.

The South American rules are interesting. If they have been relaxed a bit more we might sign a couple of youngsters there. I always though it was a shame that Alan, the Brazilian midfielder, couldn’t get permission to make his mark here, as I think we could have made a good player there. Still doing well now, but not of a top top level to interest us any more, but you could see there was a player there to harness.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #33264 on: July 1, 2022, 01:44:29 pm »
Pretty low league that.

Not sure it matters as long as he gets playing time. He's a keeper and not a midfielder or striker who may benefit from being around better quality players and opposition. If being there gets him a season as first choice then great, it's exactly what he likely needs.

Online Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33265 on: July 1, 2022, 01:54:42 pm »
Grizz Khan is panicking after Salah's agent posted a laughing emoji  ;D

"LFC have sent club reps to Mykonos after being told by Mo Salah that he has agreed to extending his contract. I have now been told that Salah's agent has changed demands at last minute. Club reps are still in Greece and are hoping to resolve the issues. We now wait".

Absolutely unreal.

To be fair, if I worked at Liverpool I'd be all over a free trip to Mykonos.

Online Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33266 on: July 1, 2022, 02:16:29 pm »

"LFC have sent club reps to Mykonos after being told by Mo Salah that he has agreed to extending his contract. I have now been told that Salah's agent has changed demands at last minute. Club reps are still in Greece and are hoping to resolve the issues. We now wait".

Absolutely unreal.

Yep im sure thats exactly how it will play out LFC club reps chasing Mo all over the globe 😂😂

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33267 on: July 1, 2022, 02:20:40 pm »
So we went to Mykonos with a vision of a general cost?

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33268 on: July 1, 2022, 02:31:35 pm »

Did they bump into Harry Maguire attending court?

Offline Red Cactii

• Legacy Fan
  • An absolute p***k
« Reply #33269 on: July 1, 2022, 02:39:01 pm »
Not sure it matters as long as he gets playing time. He's a keeper and not a midfielder or striker who may benefit from being around better quality players and opposition. If being there gets him a season as first choice then great, it's exactly what he likely needs.

Not to mention if he can handle coming for crosses in a league like that, he'll not have any issues further up the pyramid.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #33270 on: July 1, 2022, 03:16:50 pm »
Grown fellas on twitter who pretend they have insider scoops are all dangers
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33271 on: July 1, 2022, 03:49:48 pm »

Did they bump into Harry Maguire attending court?

Or maybe scouting some Albanians.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Online Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Last Edit: July 1, 2022, 03:59:35 pm by Barefoot Doctor »

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33273 on: July 1, 2022, 04:02:57 pm »
How much can we get for him now?

« Reply #33274 on: July 1, 2022, 04:03:09 pm »
The big one

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33275 on: July 1, 2022, 04:09:24 pm »
Nocturnalvin was right, then.

Offline paisley1977

• Legacy Fan
  • Bob an ordinary man of extraordinary greatness.
« Reply #33276 on: July 1, 2022, 04:14:24 pm »
All hail Grizz Khan
I've been here during the bad times,we finished second once.

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33277 on: July 1, 2022, 04:15:14 pm »

Absolutely unreal.

I'm baffled that he turned out to be right. He's always struck me as a chancer, and I also found his back peddling in response to the agent's tweet funny. Fair play.

Online Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33278 on: July 1, 2022, 04:17:03 pm »
Bellingham next

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33279 on: July 1, 2022, 04:18:50 pm »