Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD  (Read 3123386 times)

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - END GAME
« Reply #33120 on: June 30, 2022, 07:32:57 am »
I’m really surprised Bellingham’s people didn’t negotiate one. Perhaps there’s a gentleman’s agreement instead.

I do hope the fee for Nunez stops all the’ ‘we wouldn’t spend at the top end’ nonsense. After Haaland he was the most coveted young forward in the world. And Bellingham is the most coveted young CM in the world, plus given the players we’ve got there at the moment he’s potentially a transformative signing for us.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33121 on: June 30, 2022, 07:36:15 am »
I’m really surprised Bellingham’s people didn’t negotiate one. Perhaps there’s a gentleman’s agreement instead.

I do hope the fee for Nunez stops all the’ ‘we wouldn’t spend at the top end’ nonsense. After Haaland he was the most coveted young forward in the world. And Bellingham is the most coveted young CM in the world, plus given the players we’ve got there at the moment he’s potentially a transformative signing for us.

Bellingham won't be transformative. We have an amazing team already,  its not like us signing Van Dijk and Alisson.

Bellingham's team didn't need to negotiate a release clause. At the end of this season and start of next he will have just turned 20 and have 2 years left on his contract. He has plenty of time left in his career to make his next move.

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #33122 on: June 30, 2022, 07:40:44 am »
Bellingham won't be transformative. We have an amazing team already,  its not like us signing Van Dijk and Alisson.

Bellingham's team didn't need to negotiate a release clause. At the end of this season and start of next he will have just turned 20 and have 2 years left on his contract. He has plenty of time left in his career to make his next move.

Bellingham would contribute now but has a very high ceiling and potentially you could have his services for 10 years. When viewed through that lens even 120m Euros is palatable.

Offline Raaphael

• A fucking embarrassment. Hot 4 Andrew Tate. Works out so beware wokies
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yeah? Well fuck you too Greta Gerwig
« Reply #33123 on: June 30, 2022, 07:43:04 am »
For me it`s starting to get to the point with Bellingham like it did with Mbappe and Haaland: There is so much talk about him ànd such high fees thrown around that I`m starting to not be arsed.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33124 on: June 30, 2022, 07:43:36 am »
Bellingham would contribute now but has a very high ceiling and potentially you could have his services for 10 years. When viewed through that lens even 120m Euros is palatable.

I am not talking about the cost (this time). Its more about him being classed about transformative for our team.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33125 on: June 30, 2022, 07:45:54 am »
For me it`s starting to get to the point with Bellingham like it did with Mbappe and Haaland: There is so much talk about him ànd such high fees thrown around that I`m starting to not be arsed.

Its one of the things which is putting me right off the deal, this unhealthy obsession the media are putting on this transfer to be 'the one'. Obviously they are doing it for clicks but they are setting everyone up to just have a go at the club if he doesn't sign. Bellingham is a good player, but he isn't the only good player we can sign and we don't have to spend the amount he will cost.

Offline spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33126 on: June 30, 2022, 07:48:28 am »
I am not talking about the cost (this time). Its more about him being classed about transformative for our team.

I think Bellingham is being targeted because he is the Henderson replacement in that he can play all three positions in midfield. And Henderson has served the club with distinction for over 10 years. I think we want that from Bellingham. I don't think we are targeting Bellingham because we want him to be our KDB.

Offline spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33127 on: June 30, 2022, 07:50:51 am »
Its one of the things which is putting me right off the deal, this unhealthy obsession the media are putting on this transfer to be 'the one'. Obviously they are doing it for clicks but they are setting everyone up to just have a go at the club if he doesn't sign. Bellingham is a good player, but he isn't the only good player we can sign and we don't have to spend the amount he will cost.

There has got to be a reason we are kicking the midfield can down the road for a year. If that reason isn't Bellingham I'd be curious what the reason is.

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #33128 on: June 30, 2022, 07:52:18 am »
same

Offline spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33129 on: June 30, 2022, 07:55:25 am »

It's fair enough not being arsed as nothing is going to happen this summer anyway.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33130 on: June 30, 2022, 09:51:18 am »
Them fees being touted for Bellingham are mental. He look's a good player, but at the minute its potential. He hasn't done anything. People (Dortmund) need to wind their neck in a bit

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33131 on: June 30, 2022, 10:02:34 am »
Them fees being touted for Bellingham are mental. He look's a good player, but at the minute its potential. He hasn't done anything. People (Dortmund) need to wind their neck in a bit

They will do the same with Carney Chukwuemeka too. Rinse and repeat. Like with many others. WOuld love Bellingham here and also like the idea of a good british player in midfield. Maybe because of the Gerrard days. But that price is ridiculous.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2022, 10:04:21 am by clinical »
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #33132 on: June 30, 2022, 10:08:08 am »

why? He’s their player.

Figures in the press doesn't mean much at the end of it all though. It will depend on how he does this season, both in terms of form for BVB and in the world cup, but also of course staying relatively injury free. A lot can happen.

Offline Knight

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33133 on: June 30, 2022, 10:09:35 am »

I was using transformative in a more limited way to refer to the midfield. Bellingham in our midfield would reshape the nature of the midfield I suspect.

Offline Knight

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33134 on: June 30, 2022, 10:11:53 am »
There has got to be a reason we are kicking the midfield can down the road for a year. If that reason isn't Bellingham I'd be curious what the reason is.

Yeah. We could do with a midfielder this summer, although we'll probably be ok without one. But if we're not waiting on Bellingham why wouldn't you bring someone in straightaway. Smacks of waiting for the right choice, not simply bringing one in for the sake of it. But who else is out there that isn't available this summer but will be next summer and is of the required quality? Because we're clearly playing in the big leagues with the midfielder we want (judging by how we wanted Tchou Tchou).

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #33135 on: June 30, 2022, 10:13:38 am »

How would you describe Darwin Nunez career so far? Or Tchouameni’s ?

Personally I think their both those deals are over pays … however football at the top end is such a small market (number of clubs) that after a few deals a new fee level is normalized

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #33136 on: June 30, 2022, 10:19:14 am »
I was using transformative in a more limited way to refer to the midfield. Bellingham in our midfield would reshape the nature of the midfield I suspect.

I’m not sure it would. Not unless he’s part of a bigger plan to re-shape the way we play.

Bellingham would be asked to operate within our system but bring his own strengths to it. We’d make minor tactical tweaks to accommodate him and provide the best conditions for him and the team to perform. It’d be a bit like Thiago joining. He’s brought something different to midfield but the formation, patterns of play and shape of the team aren't that different to pre-Thiago.

I’d expect something similar with Bellingham. He’d do a version of himself within the tactical framework of our team. I’m not sure how that becomes transformative when we currently have virtually all aspects the of the team operating at the highest level. Players like VvD and Alisson were transformative since the elevated the play in their position which had huge knock on effects to how the entire team performed in the tactical framework set out by Klopp and his coaches. Those 2 players made the system work at a high level, that wasn’t possible before. I suspect someone like Bellingham would be hope to give us marginal gains. Something that’s important when you’ve lost a CL final by 1 goal and the PL by 1 point
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33137 on: June 30, 2022, 10:20:24 am »
why? He’s their player.

Figures in the press doesn't mean much at the end of it all though. It will depend on how he does this season, both in terms of form for BVB and in the world cup, but also of course staying relatively injury free. A lot can happen.

Fair enough. If they get it good luck to them but over 100 million for a player who's done nothing is just bonkers if you ask me

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33138 on: June 30, 2022, 10:23:11 am »
How would you describe Darwin Nunez career so far? Or Tchouameni’s ?

Personally I think their both those deals are over pays … however football at the top end is such a small market (number of clubs) that after a few deals a new fee level is normalized

Honestly, I haven't seen enough of them play. I don't think anyone has really but they claim to  ;)  I'm sure loads will claim they have watched 50 Benfica games, I seen 2.
I'm just saying its a mad mad world where fee's are hitting 9 figures for players who haven't really proven anything yet

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33139 on: June 30, 2022, 10:28:42 am »
Honestly, I haven't seen enough of them play. I don't think anyone has really but they claim to  ;)  I'm sure loads will claim they have watched 50 Benfica games, I seen 2.
I'm just saying its a mad mad world where fee's are hitting 9 figures for players who haven't really proven anything yet

The second line is my point not the first line.. I meant their careers so far because you said Bellingham hadnt done anything yet (him/nunez/tchouameni are comprable in level of achievement so far)
It is mad.. but this summer has set the price point for elite 20-23 year old at that number or range of fee

Offline paisley1977

• Legacy Fan
  • Bob an ordinary man of extraordinary greatness.
« Reply #33140 on: June 30, 2022, 10:36:28 am »
If Bellingham turned round before this season and said to Dortmund can I leave now by putting a transfer request in. Would we be able to afford now ?
I've been here during the bad times,we finished second once.

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #33141 on: June 30, 2022, 10:44:52 am »
The second line is my point not the first line.. I meant their careers so far because you said Bellingham hadnt done anything yet (him/nunez/tchouameni are comprable in level of achievement so far)
It is mad.. but this summer has set the price point for elite 20-23 year old at that number or range of fee

I think clubs are generally more willing to pay a big fee for a younger player because they come with less wages attached.

Tchouameni and Nunez are both close to €100M players. Reported wages for each are about €6-8M a year over a 6 year contract. That’s a potential earning of about 40M over the contract. Buying these younger players from clubs not in the absolute elite means you can quadruple their wages but still keep the relatively low (in comparison to other players at big clubs). Elite players, like Mane this summer, will e getting paid closer to €20M per season. 3 year contract and you are paying more in wages for a player for half the time.

I think the slight difficulty with buying from Dortmund is that the players are already on decent wages. Treble their wages and they are amongst the top earners at the club. I see that as the stumbling block Bellingham rather than the transfer fee.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33142 on: June 30, 2022, 10:47:18 am »
Why don't we just sign Chukwuemeka?

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33143 on: June 30, 2022, 10:49:04 am »
Why don't we just sign Chukwuemeka?

Because Dortmund can offer first team football with champions league. It's their USP and have taken full advantage of it knowing British players values are ridiculous due to the ridiculous homegrown rule we have.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33144 on: June 30, 2022, 10:52:41 am »
I think clubs are generally more willing to pay a big fee for a younger player because they come with less wages attached.

Tchouameni and Nunez are both close to €100M players. Reported wages for each are about €6-8M a year over a 6 year contract. That’s a potential earning of about 40M over the contract. Buying these younger players from clubs not in the absolute elite means you can quadruple their wages but still keep the relatively low (in comparison to other players at big clubs). Elite players, like Mane this summer, will e getting paid closer to €20M per season. 3 year contract and you are paying more in wages for a player for half the time.

I think the slight difficulty with buying from Dortmund is that the players are already on decent wages. Treble their wages and they are amongst the top earners at the club. I see that as the stumbling block Bellingham rather than the transfer fee.

Agree

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33145 on: June 30, 2022, 10:53:40 am »
Because Dortmund can offer first team football with champions league. It's their USP and have taken full advantage of it knowing British players values are ridiculous due to the ridiculous homegrown rule we have.
So we're not offering first team football to Elliott? We're not going to offer it to Carvalho?

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33146 on: June 30, 2022, 11:19:35 am »
Can someone explain to me why everyone is so high on Bellingham? Not trying to be contrary, I just don't see it

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33147 on: June 30, 2022, 11:23:23 am »
So we're not offering first team football to Elliott? We're not going to offer it to Carvalho?
You can't offer it to all of them at once

Offline Gray Hamster

• Not bong eyed but quite fond of little furry things.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33148 on: June 30, 2022, 11:27:41 am »
Marcos Leonardo is a Brazilian U-20 international, so we could use some loophole in the rules ...
Seems to be lots doing the rounds on linking this kid with us.  Not reliable sources obviously but sources from Brazil

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
« Reply #33149 on: June 30, 2022, 11:29:08 am »
Can someone explain to me why everyone is so high on Bellingham? Not trying to be contrary, I just don't see it

Me neither.  Rice as well.  They're £50-60m players at best and that's including 'English Tax'.
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33150 on: June 30, 2022, 11:34:06 am »

He has the lot. Can play any of the 3 midfield roles to good effect and he has the kind of drive that takes a good young player with potential to a great player, he treads the line at times and needs to ensure he doesn’t spill over into sheer arrogance but he seems to be smart enough not to allow that. Seems like a future captain with his mentality and he backs his talk with outstanding midfield performances. These things together make him a player with huge potential to go on to be one of the best CMs out there, he would do wonders under a manager like Klopp in my opinion

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33151 on: June 30, 2022, 11:39:43 am »

Me neither.  Rice as well.  They're £50-60m players at best and that's including 'English Tax'.

They used to be that fee level.
Its supply and demand... Name the better 20-23 year old CMs that could move in the next 12 months - or even just the better CMs in that age range in football generally

Offline spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33152 on: June 30, 2022, 11:41:19 am »
He has the lot. Can play any of the 3 midfield roles to good effect and he has the kind of drive that takes a good young player with potential to a great player, he treads the line at times and needs to ensure he doesn’t spill over into sheer arrogance but he seems to be smart enough not to allow that. Seems like a future captain with his mentality and he backs his talk with outstanding midfield performances. These things together make him a player with huge potential to go on to be one of the best CMs out there, he would do wonders under a manager like Klopp in my opinion

The reason Bellingham wears the number 22 is that's the number of the positions he can play added up.
10 - Attacking midfielder
8 - Box to box midfielder
4 (usually 6) - Holding midfielder

= 22

So Ramsay will give up his shirt number in a year ;)

Offline Knight

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33153 on: June 30, 2022, 11:43:28 am »
I’m not sure it would. Not unless he’s part of a bigger plan to re-shape the way we play.

Bellingham would be asked to operate within our system but bring his own strengths to it. We’d make minor tactical tweaks to accommodate him and provide the best conditions for him and the team to perform. It’d be a bit like Thiago joining. He’s brought something different to midfield but the formation, patterns of play and shape of the team aren't that different to pre-Thiago.

I’d expect something similar with Bellingham. He’d do a version of himself within the tactical framework of our team. I’m not sure how that becomes transformative when we currently have virtually all aspects the of the team operating at the highest level. Players like VvD and Alisson were transformative since the elevated the play in their position which had huge knock on effects to how the entire team performed in the tactical framework set out by Klopp and his coaches. Those 2 players made the system work at a high level, that wasn’t possible before. I suspect someone like Bellingham would be hope to give us marginal gains. Something that’s important when you’ve lost a CL final by 1 goal and the PL by 1 point

You should watch the Tifo youtube video on how our midfield has evolved. Thiago in particularly has enabled a vastly different approach to ball progression on that side of midfield in comparison to what Gini provided. Our patterns of play are, in some ways, VERY different with Thiago in the team compared with what we had with Gini in the team. Now that shouldn't be overstated, we're not talking the move from Karius to Allison. That is, I don't disagree that Bellingham would be less significant than other players we've bought, transformational was a poor use of word. But him in the team would, at least potentially, enable us to do different things in the middle of the pitch compared with what we do at the moment.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2022, 11:46:02 am by Knight »

Offline spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33154 on: June 30, 2022, 11:45:32 am »

Elliott will be fine for minutes.
Carvalho is being used as forward (according to Joyce).
Ox and Milner will be out of contract in a year.
Henderson and Thiago are over 30.

Offline spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33155 on: June 30, 2022, 11:48:01 am »
You should watch the Tifo youtube video on how our midfield has evolved. Thiago in particularly has enabled a vastly different approach to ball progression on that side of midfield in comparison to what Gini provided. Our patterns of play are, in some ways, VERY different with Thiago in the team compared with what we had with Gini in the team. Now that shouldn't be overstated, we're not talking the move from Karius to Allison. That is, I don't disagree that Bellingham would be less significant than other players we've bought, transformational was a poor use of word. But him in the team would, at least potentially, enable us to do different things in the middle of the pitch compared with what we do at the moment.

I think put simply, Bellingham would restore the mobility that has been in decline for Henderson. Henderson at his peek is a top player and Bellingham would give us that player again.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #33156 on: June 30, 2022, 12:35:28 pm »

Maybe, but that doesn't mean they're not extremely good midfielders in their own right. Anyone who doesn't rate Rice hasn't watched his development in the last 12 months or so. I think he's brilliant.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #33157 on: June 30, 2022, 12:38:09 pm »
Henderson at his peek is a top player and Bellingham would give us that player again.

Need to keep an eye on Bellingham, then...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Mozology

• Legacy Fan
  • FSG, spend some fucking money, miserable bastards
« Reply #33158 on: June 30, 2022, 12:39:01 pm »
Every time I watch Bellingham he seems to get bogged down in midfield, always trying to take on too many players, I get Joe Cole vibes off him, all those annoying little flicks and tricks when a simple pass to a team mate would be much more effective.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33159 on: June 30, 2022, 12:45:40 pm »
kinda the same for me, but there's a huge difference between the circuses of vested interests around those 2 and Bellingham.