Author Topic: The People's Club (I was saying Boo-urns)  (Read 2197045 times)

Offline Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The People's Club (I was saying Boo-urns)
« Reply #26040 on: January 27, 2023, 04:58:07 pm »
Barkley and Gordon is not a good comparison. Barkley showed great potential and actually contributed goals and assists and was a regular international, which Gordon has done none of.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #26041 on: January 27, 2023, 04:59:22 pm »
So £40m rising to £45m. A far cry from the £60m they supposedly turned down in the summer

Online TheMissionary

• PositionIsSoooooooOrdinary!
  • Legacy Fan
  • That's nice, that's McDermott, and that's a goal!!
« Reply #26042 on: January 27, 2023, 04:59:50 pm »
Nah, I did get the hype with Barkley. He was as thick as a plank of wood, but it was plain to see there was talent there. Had a few moments in an Everton shirt that merited an attempt at cracking a top 6 club.

Gordon is genuinely dogshit though. He's done nothing to command a £40 million transfer fee, and I don't know how he's earn this reputation among clubs like Chelsea and Newcastle that he's this special talent and requires their immediate attention.

Rafa's been boss at both those clubs.  He obviously saw something in the kid, maybe he's passed that opinion on.
TheMissionary
YNWA

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #26043 on: January 27, 2023, 05:02:01 pm »
Apparently Bielsa, when he did his first press conference with Leeds, said he watched the previous 51 Leeds matches to see what type of players he had.

If he watched the last 51 Everton matches he should be down at A&E having his head checked...lol
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26044 on: January 27, 2023, 05:03:29 pm »
Barkley? Gordon is much more Franny Jeffers.

Hey North Bank, as you're all over every thread these days, now there's a name for you to get all nostalgic over  :wave
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #26045 on: January 27, 2023, 05:08:47 pm »
Newcastle paying the entire fee in one go.  Because cash flow just isn’t a thing for them
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #26046 on: January 27, 2023, 05:12:11 pm »

Bless him. I find it all rather endearing. He's really trying to be a nice guy, you can tell.

He’s trying so hard there isn’t he? Found it weird how Everton fans idolised him but good luck to him here.

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26047 on: January 27, 2023, 05:19:38 pm »
Newcastle paying the entire fee in one go.  Because cash flow just isn’t a thing for them

It's okay. they aren't owned by a state don't ya know.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #26048 on: January 27, 2023, 05:24:34 pm »
Cheers Newcastle you fucking idiots. I know we've rinsed Howe a few times (Gordon being his latest Jordan Ibe) but how do they always do it when they need the dosh? Rodwell, Barkley, Jeffers, 60 million for a pigeon. Dyche will buy a few brutes now before the window shuts to alehouse their way to 35 points or whatever shit total they need by kicking teams off the park at a feral Goodison.

We'll never see the back of these. They're not getting flushed.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2023, 05:28:35 pm by Fromola »
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26049 on: January 27, 2023, 05:29:27 pm »
Personally, I just really really hope they are. This escape from relegation thing is so annoying. We have very little to look forward to in May as it is.

True

The CL final isn't until June  ;)

Although, last time I looked, we were still in the FA Cup.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline rossipersempre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26050 on: January 27, 2023, 05:30:05 pm »
Cheers Newcastle you fucking idiots. I know we've rinsed Howe a few times (Gordon being his latest Jordan Ibe) but how do they always do it when they need the dosh? Rodwell, Barkley, Jeffers, 60 million for a pigeon. Dyche will buy a few brutes now before the window shuts to alehouse their way to 35 points or whatever shit total they need.

We'll never see the back of these. They're not getting flushed.
I see your ceaseless negativity isn't just confined to LFC matters.

Personally, it'll be fun even just watching Dyche's Everton desperately struggle to avoid the U-bend.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26051 on: January 27, 2023, 05:31:24 pm »
I see your ceaseless negativity isn't just confined to LFC matters.

Personally, it'll be fun even just watching Dyche's Everton desperately struggle to avoid the U-bend.

Would be nice to be wrong for a change. As long as we beat them i'm not that arsed. There's always 3 worse teams and things always go their way when it comes down to it in a relegation battle.

Offline rossipersempre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26052 on: January 27, 2023, 05:32:33 pm »
The CL final isn't until June  ;)
It's another June 1st/2nd job is it?

Still, you'll have to forgive my pessimism faced with our last 16 two-legged tie against those infernal spawny gobshites again.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #26053 on: January 27, 2023, 05:34:53 pm »

Still, you'll have to forgive my pessimism faced with our last 16 two-legged tie against those infernal spawny gobshites again.

It’s actually something stupid like 9th June I think. Was planning a weekend away and somehow that came into proceedings.

Offline rossipersempre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26054 on: January 27, 2023, 05:35:04 pm »
Would be nice to be wrong for a change. As long as we beat them i'm not that arsed. There's always 3 worse teams and things always go their way when it comes down to it in a relegation battle.
For a change? Haha, no flies on you.

There's not ALWAYS 3 teams worse and them being relegation-proof isn't a law of the universe. At least we can do our bit and help plunge them down.

Offline rossipersempre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26055 on: January 27, 2023, 05:37:42 pm »
It’s actually something stupid like 9th June I think. Was planning a weekend away and somehow that came into proceedings.
Just looked it up, Saturday June 10th! Insane.

Remember Madrid 2019 (June 1st) when both sides had almost 3 weeks off after the league ended. That gap showed itself on the pitch.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26056 on: January 27, 2023, 05:38:24 pm »

Its actually the 10th June
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26057 on: January 27, 2023, 05:39:51 pm »
For a change? Haha, no flies on you.

There's not ALWAYS 3 teams worse and them being relegation-proof isn't a law of the universe. At least we can do our bit and help plunge them down.

I meant in the context of this season since nothing has gone well.

Would like to see the back of them but can't see it. I start every season hoping these go down and we win the league, it's happened once in 30+ years.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26058 on: January 27, 2023, 05:40:16 pm »

We owe these fuckers - another night like the 4-0 will do me when they show up at Anfield ;D
Jurgen YNWA

Offline rossipersempre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26059 on: January 27, 2023, 05:40:25 pm »
Hark at us, talking of the convenience of CL Final dates in an Everton thread ;D

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #26060 on: January 27, 2023, 05:42:27 pm »
It gives them money to bring one or two in, but there's nothing suggesting they'll spend it well as their recruitment has put them in this position in the first place. Will four month, short term buys be able to get them up the table next season if they stay up? Very possibly not. Teams around them buying too, it's going to be a good relegation battle regardless of who goes down.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline A Red Abroad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We had dreams and songs to sing
« Reply #26061 on: January 27, 2023, 05:44:18 pm »
Hark at us, talking of the convenience of CL Final dates in an Everton thread ;D

:D
My marmoset, to get things done,
You fell in Loch Ness with Major Tom.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #26062 on: January 27, 2023, 06:16:48 pm »
Michael Keane, from August 2019, on Sean Dyche's training: 'He has something called ‘Gaffer Day’. You're out for 3 hours, there are no footballs. You just run. And I mean run. He’s got all sorts of drills, one called ‘Doggies’ - a 5-man relay. It's so hard people want to be sick

Run dem laps!
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #26063 on: January 27, 2023, 06:18:28 pm »
Absolutely no chance Mina gets through that unscathed.
AHA!

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26064 on: January 27, 2023, 06:23:53 pm »

They need to know the date so they can get their orders in for the replica Bayern/PSG whoever shirts
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Zizou

• zo zon't ze zo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Cool as
« Reply #26065 on: January 27, 2023, 06:24:50 pm »
Run dem laps!

It all sounds so perfectly Everton.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #26066 on: January 27, 2023, 06:26:53 pm »
It gives them money to bring one or two in, but there's nothing suggesting they'll spend it well as their recruitment has put them in this position in the first place. Will four month, short term buys be able to get them up the table next season if they stay up? Very possibly not. Teams around them buying too, it's going to be a good relegation battle regardless of who goes down.

It gives them money to make sacked manager payments and maybe bring one in.. :P
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #26067 on: January 27, 2023, 06:27:52 pm »
Ah the misery of RAWK, how I love thee. Not only is Liverpool in a death spiral never to be repaired, but the multitude of on field issues Everton have making them a good bet for relegation can be mostly solved with Sean Dyche and £40 million for a few players

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #26068 on: January 27, 2023, 06:29:11 pm »
Ah the misery of RAWK, how I love thee. Not only is Liverpool in a death spiral never to be repaired, but the multitude of on field issues Everton have making them a good bet for relegation can be mostly solved with Sean Dyche and £40 million for a few players

£40m they likely can't spend as need it to prop up their finances, and even if they could they have no manager in place yet and 4 days to find targets and spend it.

Offline Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26069 on: January 27, 2023, 06:31:08 pm »
£40m they likely can't spend as need it to prop up their finances, and even if they could they have no manager in place yet and 4 days to find targets and spend it.

Ah but you see Sean Dyche is a relegation genius who can find the perfect players in 4 days on a tiny budget to turn a team that looks quite possibly the worst in the league into better than 3 or 4

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #26070 on: January 27, 2023, 06:33:38 pm »
Twitter is a mad place, even worse with blues. Seen one say “ watch the RS fumeeeeee” referring to them getting Dyche, why is everything about us. Hope they go down!!

:lmao

Would that be the Sean Ditch that has been on the dole since last June?

Why would we be fuming? Another Red in charge of the Bitters.  :D  Let's hope he takes them down then goes for a pint with Rafa to celebrate.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26071 on: January 27, 2023, 06:38:36 pm »
:lmao

Would that be the Sean Ditch that has been on the dole since last June?

Why would we be fuming? Another Red in charge of the Bitters.  :D  Let's hope he takes them down then goes for a pint with Rafa to celebrate.

:D It's ok they'll dig that stuff up right about this time next year when he's on his way out.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #26072 on: January 27, 2023, 06:40:56 pm »
:D It's ok they'll dig that stuff up right about this time next year when he's on his way out.
True. They've always got stuff in the bitter bank ready to pull out when necessary.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #26073 on: January 27, 2023, 06:45:45 pm »
From Burnley to Booonley eh?

There's yer autobiography title right there, ya preposterous yard-dog-loving. Thatcher-praising, vaguely-Liverpool-supporting, winning-2-0-on 12%-possession, clear-yer-fucking-throat-mate-gravel-is-not-an-accent, crap-shirt-wearing, surprisingly-not-brexit-voting bad bellend ginge
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline MJD-L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Mellor, lovely cushioned header...For GERRAAARD!"
« Reply #26074 on: January 27, 2023, 06:51:16 pm »

There's yer autobiography title right there, ya preposterous yard-dog-loving. Thatcher-praising, vaguely-Liverpool-supporting, winning-2-0-on 12%-possession, clear-yer-fucking-throat-mate-gravel-is-not-an-accent, crap-shirt-wearing, surprisingly-not-brexit-voting bad bellend ginge

Will forever remain one of the most frustrating games I've ever seen.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26075 on: January 27, 2023, 06:56:27 pm »

There's yer autobiography title right there,
By Farmer Ditch

;D

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26076 on: January 27, 2023, 07:02:20 pm »
so they turned down 50M in the summer to accept 40M few months later?

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #26077 on: January 27, 2023, 07:04:48 pm »
Is it compulsory that the bitters can only employ managers that Darren Farley does impressions of?
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online courty61

• Legacy Fan
  • Never Buy The S*n
« Reply #26078 on: January 27, 2023, 07:27:38 pm »
From the 60m they got for Richi-la how much did they spend?
77, 78, 81, 84, 05, 19

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26079 on: January 27, 2023, 07:28:53 pm »
From the 60m they got for Richi-la how much did they spend?

70 or 80m ?
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill