Author Topic: THE NON-LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD  (Read 1740157 times)

Online Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
Re: THE NON-LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD
« Reply #9960 on: May 20, 2022, 07:00:46 pm »
Not sure I'd buy that - it's in Madrid's interest to make it seem that PSG have handed him the keys to the kingdom, and El Chiringuito is their mouthpiece I believe.

A credible French journalist has also reported this story.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9961 on: May 20, 2022, 09:45:57 pm »
Kylian Mbappé used Real Madrid's contract offer to raise PSG's offer, then used PSG's new offer to raise Real Madrid's offer.

The entire transfer saga has been carefully orchestrated by Mbappé’s entourage.

(Source: @Romain_Molina)

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #9962 on: May 20, 2022, 09:47:11 pm »
Kylian Mbappé used Real Madrid's contract offer to raise PSG's offer, then used PSG's new offer to raise Real Madrid's offer.

His entourage makes the entourage in Entourage look like fucking amateurs.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #9963 on: May 20, 2022, 09:57:20 pm »
I remember saying several years ago on this thread that I didn't want Mbappe at this club because he was already too big and would have a circus around him that we could absolutely do without. Seems to have turned out exactly as feared.

We can totally do without such characters

Blah blah blah Nike blah blah
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Online BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #9964 on: May 20, 2022, 10:21:17 pm »

I don't mind it. He knows his worth and it's not his fault football is awash with rotten money.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9965 on: May 21, 2022, 01:49:32 am »

Hahahaha. I love it. Fuck those clubs

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9966 on: May 21, 2022, 01:50:56 am »

I don't mind it. He knows his worth and it's not his fault football is awash with rotten money.
How much money is enough though?, £1m a week in salary, plus endorsements, plus bonuses, plus signing on fees?, it's just obscene.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #9967 on: May 21, 2022, 03:08:44 am »

Hahahaha. I love it. Fuck those clubs

Has a trickle down effect on all clubs. New bench marks for leading players pushes up the expectations to those below. All ends up with punters paying more to go to matches and for TV subscriptions.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9968 on: May 21, 2022, 05:43:10 am »
Footballers will be getting NBA salaries soon. It's ridiculous. Mbappe won't reach the heights expected of him. I see another Neymar here.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #9969 on: May 21, 2022, 05:58:35 am »
Footballers will be getting NBA salaries soon. It's ridiculous. Mbappe won't reach the heights expected of him. I see another Neymar here.
We shall see. He may go to Madrid and will be a star. Or stay at PSG and become a legend.

to be honest, I don't get your sentiments. Not many years ago we felt happy that Stevie didn't go to Chelsea owed to a last-moment change of heart. He never won the league, which he would have with Chelsea, but he will forever be a Liverpool legend. Why not afford the same courtesy to Mbappe?
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Online ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #9970 on: May 21, 2022, 07:14:32 am »
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9971 on: May 21, 2022, 09:47:27 am »

Ticket's to watch a game are £50. A replica shirt is £70+. How much is it to have a Sky and BT subscription to watch every game in a season? It's going the way that only the rich will be able to afford it.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9972 on: May 21, 2022, 09:53:09 am »

Very good

Embarassing Macron called him - bet he commissioned a photographer to capture him posing 'working very hard, but ooh its tough' again like during the putin calls

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #9973 on: May 21, 2022, 10:06:35 am »

So he sort of already is at the heights one player can achieve in terms of level (or not far off) which is sort of the point - the marketing / business / sports washing vibe is to secure and promote stars but it doesn’t win you top level football matches because the individual can only have so much influence - significantly less than the NBA for example
I guess their argument is that money isn’t relevant so they can keep signing players at this level but you run into the problem of creating a team despite giving up more and more influence to individual players.
Annoyingly City have done a really good job of over paying players but still having a team ethos - PSG not so much

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9974 on: May 21, 2022, 12:46:18 pm »
So he sort of already is at the heights one player can achieve in terms of level (or not far off) which is sort of the point - the marketing / business / sports washing vibe is to secure and promote stars but it doesn’t win you top level football matches because the individual can only have so much influence - significantly less than the NBA for example
I guess their argument is that money isn’t relevant so they can keep signing players at this level but you run into the problem of creating a team despite giving up more and more influence to individual players.
Annoyingly City have done a really good job of over paying players but still having a team ethos - PSG not so much

Man City do not over pay their players. Their players just have a keen interest in promoting tourism in the UAE.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Online Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9975 on: May 21, 2022, 01:14:44 pm »
Madrid’s response will be fascinating. They’d have gone massive on Haaland if he was still available I reckon. Sure they could try to go big on someone like Mo or Sadio, but they’re presumably not the age profile they want (plus Mo probably wouldn’t want them).

I do think it’s a worry for our apparent Tchouameni interest.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #9976 on: May 21, 2022, 02:07:13 pm »
Madrid’s response will be fascinating. They’d have gone massive on Haaland if he was still available I reckon. Sure they could try to go big on someone like Mo or Sadio, but they’re presumably not the age profile they want (plus Mo probably wouldn’t want them).

I do think it’s a worry for our apparent Tchouameni interest.

Maybe though even if they get him cdms don't make a splash / get fan bases excited so they'll want a forward ... Salah or Mane obv ... maybe Sterling (linked before)  or Gnabry ..

Online BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #9977 on: May 21, 2022, 02:33:03 pm »
Ticket's to watch a game are £50. A replica shirt is £70+. How much is it to have a Sky and BT subscription to watch every game in a season? It's going the way that only the rich will be able to afford it.

Oh the whole thing is gross but the players are the last ones i'd put any blame on. That's on the people running the game - the governing bodies, owners and broadcasters.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9978 on: May 21, 2022, 02:37:41 pm »
Annoying that Mbappe took the deal so far because Madrid would have gotten Haaland if that was the case.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #9979 on: May 21, 2022, 02:40:53 pm »
Annoying that Mbappe took the deal so far because Madrid would have gotten Haaland if that was the case.

Yeah they'd have got Haaland.

They'll be sniffing around one of ours now.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Online Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9980 on: May 21, 2022, 02:41:00 pm »
Maybe though even if they get him cdms don't make a splash / get fan bases excited so they'll want a forward ... Salah or Mane obv ... maybe Sterling (linked before)  or Gnabry ..

Don't think there's any one player they could sign to appease their fanbase over missing out Mbappe, so think they might need to go down the multiple player route. That's why I think Tchouameni is probably back on the table for them, if he was ever off, plus a very good forward. Sterling and Gnabry are good shouts. Nkunku would be another, and the youngest of the bunch if they're thinking to the long term.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9981 on: May 21, 2022, 02:56:05 pm »
Yeah FFP is truly dead.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #9982 on: May 21, 2022, 03:09:41 pm »
Doubt Real Madrid ever go back in for him. They've been made to look like chumps a week before the CL final no less.

Offline Phineus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9983 on: May 21, 2022, 03:17:13 pm »
What a waste

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9984 on: May 21, 2022, 03:24:32 pm »
A deal until 2025 those numbers on Mbappe's new contract are downright scary. He will also be involved in he technical side of things when picking a manager/DOF.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9985 on: May 21, 2022, 03:27:28 pm »

And then Man City would have got Lautaro, a far worse outcome for us ...

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9986 on: May 21, 2022, 03:28:31 pm »
A deal until 2025 those numbers on Mbappe's new contract are downright scary. He will also be involved in he technical side of things when picking a manager/DOF.

There's no way that's going to go wrong.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Working Class Hen-Pecked Hero

• Is something to be...Lives at 999 Letsby Avenue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9987 on: May 21, 2022, 03:35:07 pm »
Wonder if that's the end for Poch there then. I'd imagine Mbappe would want Zidane, or wait another year and go for Ped?
I'm telling you, Bowie died and it's all gone to fuck.

Offline 67CherryRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9988 on: May 21, 2022, 03:36:50 pm »
Wonder if that's the end for Poch there then. I'd imagine Mbappe would want Zidane, or wait another year and go for Ped?
He might fancy a crack as player/manager and there's no one to stop him.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9989 on: May 21, 2022, 03:39:03 pm »
Those Mbappe numbers can't be real

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9990 on: May 21, 2022, 03:42:02 pm »
He's getting over 3 years a €100 million signing bonus and a €50 million annual salary.  :o

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9991 on: May 21, 2022, 03:43:06 pm »
He's getting over 3 years a €100 million signing bonus and a €50 million annual salary.  :o

After tax ...

Online ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #9992 on: May 21, 2022, 03:44:13 pm »
I'm sure UEFA will step in to ensure FFP rules are followed

*looks up who's running UEFA in all but name now*

Oh
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Online Oskar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9993 on: May 21, 2022, 03:50:48 pm »
Yeah, you can forget any likelihood of us signing him if the reported numbers in his new contract are right.

Absolute insanity.

Offline Trump's tiny tiny hands

• Legacy Fan
  • Building steam with a grain of salt
« Reply #9994 on: May 21, 2022, 03:51:36 pm »
It’s bonkers. Ludicrous money aside, him having a say over sales, purchases, new manager, sporting director etc etc is batshit crazy. What a joke of a club.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9995 on: May 21, 2022, 03:53:05 pm »
I'm sure UEFA will step in to ensure FFP rules are followed

*looks up who's running UEFA in all but name now*

Oh

Indeed.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9996 on: May 21, 2022, 04:31:23 pm »

Online Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9997 on: May 21, 2022, 04:47:53 pm »
So apparently it's Dembele in and Neymar out under Mbappe

https://twitter.com/Santos_Relevo/status/1528030360793190400?t=PmaMGbxDEaKsycL15uE1Fw&s=19

Would make sense.

I've always found it baffling that PSG don't just sign the majority of the French national team, and hoover up all the best French talent. They're the world's richest club, or close enough, playing in one of the world's great cities, and the country is producing more great players than anywhere else.

I know plenty of players will want to leave the French league for stronger leagues like the PL or La Liga, but money talks. Mbappe aside, the only members of the senior squad who are French are Kimpembe, Kurzawa and Dagba. It's just weird. For a start, they should be trying to get the likes of Nkunku and Diaby, two youth players they let go who would be brilliant for them now.

Offline AmanShah21

• May be Frank Colombo. Never seen with Frank Colombo in the same room at the same time. You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes, do you Miss Marple?
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm is a golden sky!
« Reply #9998 on: May 21, 2022, 04:48:05 pm »
Mbappe's a great player, but he's not worth anywhere close to those wages and bonuses. PSG made a similar over-inflated deal to sign Neymar (albeit release clause). Those are numbers probably only Prime Messi would be worthy of, period. Mbappe to me is closer to Gareth Bale than Messi/Ronaldo so its bonkers how far PSG and Madrid have rated him.

I was hoping he'd go to Madrid because that means Madrid would have less money to go around on smarter deals that they have been doing off late and he is perhaps a small improvement on Vini Jr but really not by that much. PSG just will never be a reasonable threat because of how big the quality gap between French football and the top 4 leagues is. Playing week in week out at that sort of level just puts you in poor rhythm for higher intensity european games regardless of how much money you spend.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9999 on: May 21, 2022, 04:48:39 pm »

NBA clubs don't have 25 players, and also all the staff and academy and what else not that football has
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI