Author Topic: THE NON-LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD  (Read 1742079 times)

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
Re: THE NON-LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD
« Reply #14440 on: December 21, 2022, 01:57:00 pm »
Isco seems to have had his contract cancelled by Sevilla. If ever a transfer screamed Everton.
AHA!

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #14441 on: December 25, 2022, 05:45:59 pm »
Merry Christmas Rawkites

Lots of reports saying Arsenal and United are battling to sign Joao Felix for the rest of the season for a whopping 8m for 5 months loan fee.

What do the Rawk experts think of him, seemed very highly rated at one stage but not sure I see it. Tidy enough but not sure physically he can hack being a number 9 in this league.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14442 on: December 25, 2022, 06:31:03 pm »
Merry Christmas Rawkites

Lots of reports saying Arsenal and United are battling to sign Joao Felix for the rest of the season for a whopping 8m for 5 months loan fee.

What do the Rawk experts think of him, seemed very highly rated at one stage but not sure I see it. Tidy enough but not sure physically he can hack being a number 9 in this league.

Shite.

Yous wont win the league either.

God bless.

Offline jonkrux

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14443 on: December 25, 2022, 08:03:32 pm »
Cunha has gone to Wolves on loan with an obligation to buy at the end of the season.

Quite the pick up for them!

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14444 on: December 25, 2022, 08:14:26 pm »
Shite.

Yous wont win the league either.

God bless.

I did ask for the experts opinion, but glad you contributed as well.

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14445 on: December 25, 2022, 09:03:18 pm »
Merry Christmas Rawkites

Technically he's good, but yeah, I'd worry about him physically. And he's been a bit underwhelming at Atleti as well, but it might just be the case of not being able to adapt to the shit-on-a-stick brand of football Simeone's team plays.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14446 on: December 25, 2022, 09:18:46 pm »
Merry Christmas Rawkites

I think Felix is good isnt he more wide left or number 10 type though ?

Lets be honest Pele would look like Ashley Barnes in Simeone team 🎅

Merry christmas btw !

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14447 on: December 25, 2022, 09:52:52 pm »
Cunha has gone to Wolves on loan with an obligation to buy at the end of the season.

Yes, very solid signing for Wolves ...

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14448 on: December 26, 2022, 10:13:23 am »
I did ask for the experts opinion, but glad you contributed as well.

Welcome.

God bless.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #14449 on: December 26, 2022, 10:45:45 am »

44 million though
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #14450 on: December 26, 2022, 12:11:36 pm »
44 million though

That’s a lot of dosh for him, shows how madly inflated fees are and I guess always will be.

One of those players who I don’t really get though to be honest, not seeing what others see in him, maybe it’s a case of him needing to get his career on track or somethimg. Not seen him at Atletico though, admittedly!

Offline Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14451 on: December 26, 2022, 01:34:45 pm »
That’s a lot of dosh for him, shows how madly inflated fees are and I guess always will be.

One of those players who I don’t really get though to be honest, not seeing what others see in him, maybe it’s a case of him needing to get his career on track or somethimg. Not seen him at Atletico though, admittedly!

I have to agree. I thought he looked like the best player in a BAD Hertha team but still pretty average, and then at Atleti it hasn't really happened.

I think he has potential to be a good signing for wolves, but could see him being kinda nothing too

Online LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14452 on: December 26, 2022, 01:51:37 pm »
Pretty nuts how players can flop and then be sold for more than they were signed for.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14453 on: December 26, 2022, 03:54:02 pm »
Merry Christmas Rawkites

He's not really a number 9 though is he?, more of a Firmino type operating in the space between midfield and attack, can also play as a wide forward so he's a jack of all trades really, be an excellent squad option for any team, unfortunately he'd cost a fortune.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14454 on: December 26, 2022, 03:55:49 pm »
Pretty nuts how players can flop and then be sold for more than they were signed for.
Abu Dhabi bought Ferran Torres for about £20m and then ended up "selling" him to Barcelona for over double that, despite him not being great in the Premier league, nothing dodgy about it though.

Offline macmanamanaman

• S art Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Robbie Returns!
« Reply #14455 on: December 26, 2022, 11:06:32 pm »
It is rumoured that Man Utd have now dropped their interest in Cody Gakpo.
It appears he is not good enough after all.
"A Football team is like a Piano: You need 8 people to carry it and 3 to play the damn thing" - Shankly

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14456 on: December 26, 2022, 11:15:17 pm »
It is rumoured that Man Utd have now dropped their interest in Cody Gakpo.
It appears he is not good enough after all.
"Didn't want him anyway".

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14457 on: December 27, 2022, 08:38:49 am »
Bid gone in for Mudryk. £57m. And he posted on Instagram a picture of his iPad with the Arsenal west ham game on the screen!! Super player with huge potential, probably not the signing we need right now(Gakpo would’ve been perfect), but Arteta doesn’t deviate from his long term plan for short term solutions. It cost us top 4 last season but got us to first place this.

Online HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #14458 on: December 27, 2022, 08:55:55 am »
Fucking hell the spending doesn’t stop at Arsenal. We’ll be hearing of an underdog story if they win the league…

Offline Raaphael

• A fucking embarrassment. Hot 4 Andrew Tate. Works out so beware wokies
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yeah? Well fuck you too Greta Gerwig
« Reply #14459 on: December 27, 2022, 09:32:27 am »
"Didn't want him anyway".

"Dodged a bullet".

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14460 on: December 27, 2022, 10:28:10 am »
Fucking hell the spending doesn’t stop at Arsenal. We’ll be hearing of an underdog story if they win the league…

All teams spend money, its modern football now.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14461 on: December 27, 2022, 10:30:22 am »

So? They need players and want to spend their money. What’s the problem?

Online decosabute

• ...and so am I. Abu Dhabi correspondent
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14462 on: December 27, 2022, 10:39:17 am »
All teams spend money, its modern football now.

Yous have spent shitloads the last four years. Only United have spent more in terms of net spend. And yous have nowhere near the revenue they have, and haven't been in the CL since 2016. Arsenal have built a good team, but let's not act like it's all shrewd management. It's in huge part down to spending, and doesn't seem sustainable for a club who are run as a business.

If they bang another £70-80m on this fella from Shakhtar, I'll start to wonder where the money is coming from.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14463 on: December 27, 2022, 10:50:34 am »
Yous have spent shitloads the last four years. Only United have spent more in terms of net spend. And yous have nowhere near the revenue they have, and haven't been in the CL since 2016. Arsenal have built a good team, but let's not act like it's all shrewd management. It's in huge part down to spending, and doesn't seem sustainable for a club who are run as a business.

If they bang another £70-80m on this fella from Shakhtar, I'll start to wonder where the money is coming from.

Net spend means nothing, if you want to judge a team on how much they spent on new players then the only barometer is actual spend. Anything else is distorting a flimsy argument. We got to the champions league 20 years running and were selling our best players. The owners finally pushed the boat out when their own futures were on the line. We are not a poor club, and yet our wages are nowhere near the likes of Liverpool. Wages are a bigger factor than transfers in terms of how rich a club is, transfer fees can be structured over many years, not wages. You absolutely dwarf us in the wages you spend. We are comfortably 4th in wages, a long long way behind the other 3 and Newcastle will over take us soon no doubt, It would be a huge shock if we win the league, with our wage structure.
Wages also means we cant compete for top bracket players, like Bellingham, Declan rice etc, we are still competing at a lower level buying potential only even if for a big outlay, but the results are coming to fruition in the football we are playing. Still not operating on the same level as United chelsea city and liverpool in the transfer market. Us and spurs are in the next level below, which is fine , we dropped off in the last 15 years, and just coming back now.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2022, 10:57:40 am by The North Bank »

Online HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #14464 on: December 27, 2022, 11:16:25 am »
Are you on about our heavily incentive based contracts which we offer? Let’s see your argument once the likes of Saka Martinelli and saliba get their 200k a week contracts.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14465 on: December 27, 2022, 11:31:03 am »
Are you on about our heavily incentive based contracts which we offer? Let’s see your argument once the likes of Saka Martinelli and saliba get their 200k a week contracts.

Liverpool wage bill this season £141m, Spurs 101m, Arsenal 85m, Leciester 79m. I wont mention the top 3 because they are double our wages, Man utd nearly 3 times. All of this gets hidden to push the narative that Arsenal are one of the biggest spenders, which isnt the case, by any metric. Now people are saying it wont be a shock if we win the league because of the money we spent, absolute lunacy. 6th highest wage bill, our par performance should be 6th in the table. We got incredible young players who should and will be paid what theyre worth, but even that wont take us past spurs in the wage bill so will remain 6th.

Its brilliant management and punching above our weight, same as what liverpool have been doing for 5 years. This is becoming like city fans excusing their sportswashing by asking how much did van dijk cost, everyone is at it etc, muddying the waters to deflect.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2022, 11:39:27 am by The North Bank »

Online Phineus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14466 on: December 27, 2022, 11:37:59 am »
Liverpool wage bill this season £141m, Spurs 101m, Arsenal 85m, Leciester 79m. I wont mention the top 3 because they are double our wages, Man utd nearly 3 times. All of this gets hidden to push the narative that Arsenal are one of the biggest spenders, which isnt the case, by any metric. Now people are saying it wont be a shock if we win the league because of the money we spent, absolute lunacy.

It’s a fair argument and you should enjoy this season as much as you can. The challenge will be keeping this group of young players together, especially when clubs come along and start offering crazy wages to Saka, Saliba and Martinelli.

That’ll be the test for your owners, are they willing to increase and sustain a wage bill that is needed to compete whilst still spending what you need to in the market (which is only going to get more expensive).

Online decosabute

• ...and so am I. Abu Dhabi correspondent
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14467 on: December 27, 2022, 11:40:17 am »
Net spend means nothing, if you want to judge a team on how much they spent on new players then the only barometer is actual spend. Anything else is distorting a flimsy argument. We got to the champions league 20 years running and were selling our best players. The owners finally pushed the boat out when their own futures were on the line. We are not a poor club, and yet our wages are nowhere near the likes of Liverpool. Wages are a bigger factor than transfers in terms of how rich a club is, transfer fees can be structured over many years, not wages. You absolutely dwarf us in the wages you spend. We are comfortably 4th in wages, a long long way behind the other 3 and Newcastle will over take us soon no doubt, It would be a huge shock if we win the league, with our wage structure.
Wages also means we cant compete for top bracket players, like Bellingham, Declan rice etc, we are still competing at a lower level buying potential only even if for a big outlay, but the results are coming to fruition in the football we are playing. Still not operating on the same level as United chelsea city and liverpool in the transfer market. Us and spurs are in the next level below, which is fine , we dropped off in the last 15 years, and just coming back now.

Yeah our wages are definitely higher than Arsenal's. Guess what? Our revenue is absolutely miles higher too. There's no way that the difference in wages is as much as the huge difference in net spend since 2019 (€410m vs €99m) either.

And its absolute nonsense to say that net spend doesn't matter. Unless you're PSG or City or Newcastle, then of course it does. Your argument appears to be "anything else is distorting a flimsy argument". Which means what exactly? We've only been able to make our biggest money buys - Virgil, Alisson and Darwin - by selling big players in Coutinho and Mane to make it happen.

And the fact that Arsenal used to have to sell their big names is irrelevant. They haven't made big money selling anyone since 2017 or possibly earlier. In the past few years, they've continued to buy a lot of players while making fuck all back to help fund it. It'll almost certainly get them back in the CL, so fair enough, but it still doesn't seem sustainable.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2022, 11:54:04 am by decosabute »

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14468 on: December 27, 2022, 11:46:56 am »
It’s a fair argument and you should enjoy this season as much as you can. The challenge will be keeping this group of young players together, especially when clubs come along and start offering crazy wages to Saka, Saliba and Martinelli.

That’ll be the test for your owners, are they willing to increase and sustain a wage bill that is needed to compete whilst still spending what you need to in the market (which is only going to get more expensive).

I expect all 3 to sign very soon, we once paid auba and ozil 300k plus so money is not the object it used to be 15 years ago. we have  freed up enough wages by getting rid of expensive rubbish exactly for deals like these, and next season we will be in CL so its a higher income all round, so its all been planned well.

Online Phineus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14469 on: December 27, 2022, 11:49:34 am »
I expect all 3 to sign very soon, we once paid auba and ozil 300k plus so money is not the object it used to be 15 years ago. we have  freed up enough wages by getting rid of expensive rubbish exactly for deals like these, and next season we will be in CL so its a higher income all round, so its all been planned well.

Yep you can see it planned from afar. But I also meant will the club and namely Arteta have the sway when City come in for Saka, Madrid for Saliba (these are examples, you get my point).

If you don’t win anything this year, despite your best ever start, and perhaps again next year … that itch starts for players.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14470 on: December 27, 2022, 11:52:27 am »
Yeah our wages our definitely higher than Arsenal's. Guess what? Our revenue is absolutely miles higher too. There's no way that the difference in wages is as much as the huge difference in net spend since 2019 (€410m vs €99m) either.

And its absolute nonsense to say that net spend doesn't matter. Unless you're PSG or City or Newcastle, then of course it does. Your argument appears to be "anything else is distorting a flimsy argument". Which means what exactly? We've only been able to make our biggest money buys - Virgil, Alisson and Darwin - by selling big players in Coutinho and Mane to make it happen.

And the fact that Arsenal used to have to sell their big names is irrelevant. They haven't made big money selling anyone since 2017 or possibly earlier. In the past few years, they've continued to buy a lot of players while making fuck all back to help fund it. It'll almost certainly get them back in the CL, so fair enough, but it still doesn't seem sustainable.

You cant include net spend in how much a team cost, otherwise a team like chelsea that cost 1 billion looks like it was bought for free. We had much higher revenues than you for the first 10 years under the Kroenkes and they never spent unless we sold our best players. Spent a bit of money now to save their own skin, but with the low wages, 6m more than leciester, its not an extravagant amount that got people saying we are buying the title.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14471 on: December 27, 2022, 11:55:43 am »
Yep you can see it planned from afar. But I also meant will the club and namely Arteta have the sway when City come in for Saka, Madrid for Saliba (these are examples, you get my point).

If you don’t win anything this year, despite your best ever start, and perhaps again next year … that itch starts for players.

I think getting to CL is crucial. Theres also the london factor, the fact that theyve been together for a long time and the brand of football we play. Their next contracts will take them to 2027, so itll take ridiculous money to sign them, players these talented at this age, premier league proven, who count as home grown, you are talking north of 150m, to a club that doesnt need money, and owners that know theyre under the microscope. Filthy rich egotistical owners too.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2022, 11:57:56 am by The North Bank »

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #14472 on: December 27, 2022, 11:57:09 am »
Ok, here’s a question…..

If we are to sign another midfielder they will almost certainly be an overseas player….

Given that, which overseas player do we drop from our squad to make space for them?!

Answers on a postcard please.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14473 on: December 27, 2022, 11:59:07 am »
Arthur, pretty easy one.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14474 on: December 27, 2022, 11:59:37 am »
Ok, here’s a question…..

If we are to sign another midfielder they will almost certainly be an overseas player….

Given that, which overseas player do we drop from our squad to make space for them?!

Adrian.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14475 on: December 27, 2022, 12:03:17 pm »
Ok, here’s a question…..

This is the non-Liverpool thread  ;)

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14476 on: December 27, 2022, 12:03:43 pm »
Adrian.
So, if Allison is injured, we have no back up goalie in the bench…
Is that wise?
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14477 on: December 27, 2022, 12:04:12 pm »
This is the non-Liverpool thread  ;)
Oh….shit…
W

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14478 on: December 27, 2022, 12:20:51 pm »
Is that wise?

Suppose we could use Harvey Davies. But this is the wrong thread to be talking about this anyway.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14479 on: December 27, 2022, 01:09:39 pm »
Is that wise?
Very wise indeed. We could play one of the teenagers, like Davies - who is vastly superior to Adrian with his feet (I've never seen a Liverpool keeper who struggles to hit a Liverpool player with a goal kick as badly as him) and I'd wager probably with his hands too (I'm less sure of this part only cos I haven't seen enough of his games)