Author Topic: Jeffrey Epstein confidante Ghislaine Maxwell sentenced to 20 years  (Read 57430 times)

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
Re: Jeffrey Epstein confidante Ghislaine Maxwell has been arrested by the FBI
« Reply #481 on: February 16, 2022, 03:59:53 pm »
She has to abide by the NDA in public but nothing can stop her talking to law enforcement or testifying in a court of law.

Thanks. I wondered about that. I would have assumed if Andrew wanted it buried then he would try to stop her testifying in actions brought by other girls, the same way Epstein tried to stop Guiffre testifying against his 'unnamed friends'.

Offline KurtVerbose

• Legacy Fan
  • Burp! ...excuse me.
« Reply #482 on: February 16, 2022, 04:17:21 pm »
Thanks. I wondered about that. I would have assumed if Andrew wanted it buried then he would try to stop her testifying in actions brought by other girls, the same way Epstein tried to stop Guiffre testifying against his 'unnamed friends'.

That's not what her agreement with Epstein said. It stopped her from pursuing civil actions against 'Other Potential Defendants' in either state or federal courts. The judge in Andrew's case said there's no such thing as a 'potential defendant', and it was drawn so broadly that it was meaningless. Also, it was secret, so no 'potential defendant' would know about it.

In any case, if I murdered your partner, just because we make a settlement that we keep it secret in return for me paying you off doesn't mean if the police ask you about it you are unable to tell them. Such a clause would be unenforceable.
You try me once you beg for more.

Offline KurtVerbose

• Legacy Fan
  • Burp! ...excuse me.
« Reply #483 on: February 16, 2022, 04:20:33 pm »
There's talk that the settlement was £12m, and that's before lawyer fees and court costs. Probably +£15 all in.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #484 on: February 16, 2022, 05:03:15 pm »
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #485 on: February 16, 2022, 06:09:17 pm »
Andrew should be publicly stripped of all his military paraphernalia a la Chuck Connors in Branded.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline KurtVerbose

• Legacy Fan
  • Burp! ...excuse me.
« Reply #486 on: February 16, 2022, 06:32:05 pm »
Andrew should be publicly stripped of all his military paraphernalia a la Chuck Connors in Branded.

Fixed for you.  ;D

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #487 on: February 16, 2022, 06:38:38 pm »
Fixed for you.  ;D
Each to their own I suppose :-X
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop

Offline Brissyred

• RAWK's Great Uncle Google......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #489 on: February 16, 2022, 08:55:50 pm »
no text

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #491 on: February 17, 2022, 08:46:23 pm »
Now Charles under ‘cash for honours’ investigation

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/met-cash-for-honours-prince-charles-foundation-charity-b982858.html?itm_source=Internal&itm_channel=section_banner&itm_campaign=breaking-news-ticker&itm_content=3

Let’s be honest, the fucking Tories make a fortune out of handing out honours to their mates and each other and no one bats an eyelid at it so hardly surprising Charles mate are at it too.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #492 on: February 19, 2022, 05:19:47 pm »
Another one bites the dust in 'mysterious' circumstances.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-60443518

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #493 on: February 19, 2022, 05:28:19 pm »
You're next Jizzer.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2022, 05:31:47 pm by Dr. Beaker »
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
« Reply #494 on: February 19, 2022, 06:24:37 pm »
The list of old, powerful men refreshing themselves at the fountain of impressionable youth has been around since Adam were a lad.

Bet there's more than a few of them hiding assets, maintaining a low profile, and answering calls very cautiously these days.
Kill the humourless

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #495 on: February 19, 2022, 09:32:59 pm »
The list of old, powerful men refreshing themselves at the fountain of impressionable youth has been around since Adam were a lad.

Bet there's more than a few of them hiding assets, maintaining a low profile, and answering calls very cautiously these days.

Silvio Berlusconi says hello. :D

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #496 on: February 19, 2022, 09:38:22 pm »
Two people with information on some of the most powerful men in the world allegedly sleeping with underage girls, both hanging themselves in their prison cells before they could go to trial, and the security cameras had briefly stopped working in both cases? I'm sure it's just a coincidence.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2022, 09:42:27 pm by Sheer Magnetism »

Offline vblfc

• "Verily, behold! Liverpool Football Club!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let your soul and spirit fly Into the mystic
« Reply #497 on: February 20, 2022, 08:50:11 am »
If I read it properly this guy in France is another one that V Guiffre was trafficked to and she was going to testify a his trial. She really has been brave to face up to these nasty but powerfully connected people. I’m glad she took Andrew’s case as far as she did. Must be many other powerful people out there feeling very uneasy.

Offline KurtVerbose

• Legacy Fan
  • Burp! ...excuse me.
« Reply #498 on: February 26, 2022, 08:32:00 am »

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #499 on: February 26, 2022, 08:44:50 am »
When she tells her guards "See you in the morning."  They respond "Maybe."
Kill the humourless

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #500 on: February 26, 2022, 10:12:55 pm »

Andrew Windsor formerly known as ‘The Prince’?

Offline KurtVerbose

• Legacy Fan
  • Burp! ...excuse me.
Andrew Windsor, the Ar$e formerly known as ‘The Prince’?

Offline shy_talk

• Main Stander
  • Shy talkin so misunderstood... really no good
Forgive the Express, its the lesser of many evils but if its still 'non grata' kibosh it replace as you deem fit.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/royal/1590449/Prince-Andrew-Fergie-Duchess-of-York-delete-HRH-instagram-post

the (C)Harm offensive by this lemon isn't going to stop. "a changed man". pi** the f*** off!

Offline jambutty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Associated Press
Judge upholds Ghislaine Maxwell's sex trafficking conviction
By LARRY NEUMEISTER, Associated Press - 1h ago

NEW YORK (AP) — A judge concluded Friday that there was enough evidence to convict British socialite Ghislaine Maxwell of sex trafficking girls for financier Jeffrey Epstein to sexually abuse, but she also gave Maxwell a legal victory by concluding that three conspiracy counts charged the same crime and she can only be sentenced for one.

U.S. District Judge Alison J. Nathan said in her written ruling that the jury’s guilty verdicts were “readily supported” by extensive witness testimony and documentary evidence at a one-month trial that concluded in December.

Lawyers for Maxwell had asked her to reject the verdict on multiple grounds, including insufficient evidence.

Maxwell, 60, was convicted of recruiting teenage girls for financier Jeffrey Epstein to sexually abuse from 1994 to 2004.

Nathan said that she'll only sentence Maxwell in late June on three of the five counts she was convicted on after concluding that two conspiracy counts were duplicates of the third.

“This legal conclusion in no way calls into question the factual findings made by the jury. Rather, it underscores that the jury unanimously found — three times over — that the Defendant is guilty of conspiring with Epstein to entice, transport, and traffic underage girls for sexual abuse,” Nathan wrote.

The reduction of counts from five to three was not expected to have much effect on the sentencing, when Maxwell could face a sentence ranging from several years to decades in prison.

Lawyers for Maxwell did not return messages requesting comment. Prosecutors declined comment.

Earlier this month, the judge refused to toss out Maxwell's conviction after a juror disclosed to other jurors during jury deliberations that he had been sexually abused as a child even though he had not revealed that fact in response to questions about prior sex abuse posed in a written questionnaire.

The juror had said he “skimmed way too fast” through the questionnaire and did not intentionally give the wrong answer to a question about sex abuse.

In refusing to toss the verdict, Nathan said the juror’s failure to disclose his prior sexual abuse during the jury selection process was highly unfortunate, but not deliberate.

The judge also concluded the juror “harbored no bias toward the defendant and could serve as a fair and impartial juror.”

Maxwell, arrested in July 2020, has remained incarcerated. Epstein was 66 when he took his own life in a federal jail cell in August 2019 as he awaited a sex trafficking trial.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/judge-upholds-ghislaine-maxwell-s-sex-trafficking-conviction/ar-AAWKOYB?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=c0549698e2ea48999c12224b875928cc
Kill the humourless

Offline bigbonedrawky

• Legacy Fan
Saw this bumped thought, she was dead.

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Legacy Fan
Her oily face keeps slipping out of the noose.
NAKED BOOBERY

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
Sentenced to 20 years imprisonment by a federal judge today. Being a federal case, she'll serve at least 17-18 years of that.

Good. Now go after the men.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Commie Bobbie

• Just woke up......Member of the Committee for State Security. More Folkestone Fashionista than Sandon Sandanista......
  • Legacy Fan
  • #WTRWWAW
Sentenced to 20 years imprisonment by a federal judge today. Being a federal case, she'll serve at least 17-18 years of that.

She's definitely whistled...
Twitter: @atypicalbob

DON'T BUY THE S*N

MacKenzie Is Still A Fucking c*nt

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan

Lots of the men I've heard mentioned as being part of this whole affair are either too high profile/well connected/rich to get any kind of conviction.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
Re: Jeffrey Epstein confidante Ghislaine Maxwell sentenced to 20 years
« Reply #509 on: June 28, 2022, 08:57:04 pm »
Wonder how long it’ll be before she accidentally brutally cuts her head off while combing her hair?
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline KurtVerbose

• Legacy Fan
  • Burp! ...excuse me.
« Reply #510 on: June 29, 2022, 06:26:03 am »
Anyone hazard a guess what she would've got if she'd been tried in England?

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #511 on: June 29, 2022, 06:35:01 am »
Anyone hazard a guess what she would've got if she'd been tried in England?
A seat in the House of Lords or something.

Offline capt k

• aaaaaaaavemaaaaaaaaan!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • id rather be fishing
« Reply #512 on: June 29, 2022, 07:50:11 am »
i shouldnt ... BUT  :lmao :lmao
JFT 96

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Her sentence seems very light.  Especially when you look at the draconian sentences handed out in America.

Snitches get stitches.'
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
Her sentence seems very light.  Especially when you look at the draconian sentences handed out in America.

Snitches get stitches.'

This. An American friend of mine is raging. There are people over there serving life sentences for being caught with weed. For what she's done, 20 years is ridiculous.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan

I'd say more like the opposite. Kept her mouth shut.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
This. An American friend of mine is raging. There are people over there serving life sentences for being caught with weed. For what she's done, 20 years is ridiculous.

The probation officers recommended 20 years, and that is what the judge gave her.  Seems pretty standard to me.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
The probation officers recommended 20 years, and that is what the judge gave her.  Seems pretty standard to me.

A quick search gives 3 examples people getting over 120 years each for basically theft.
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #518 on: June 29, 2022, 09:38:00 am »

:wellin
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
A quick search gives 3 examples people getting over 120 years each for basically theft.

I don't have much experience of US law, but in the UK, the judges sentence is often similar to the probation dept recommendations.

I don't know what the recommendations were, or any other details, in the cases you mention.  Being black often increases your sentence in the US too.