Author Topic: Harry Maguire considering his options thread  (Read 3279672 times)

Online gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
Re: Man United thread. Revolution Number... 6?
« Reply #40000 on: August 17, 2022, 03:59:29 pm »
Looking to get £10m back on Wank-Bissaka, be lucky to get that. A nice £40m loss there :lmao
AHA!

Offline fredfrop

• 19*
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #40001 on: August 17, 2022, 04:01:41 pm »
Excellent! Was there one for Van Gaal and Moyes?
I'm sure Aloysius Paulus Maria "Louis" van Gaal was the first, but this is Dall E's go at it:

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #40002 on: August 17, 2022, 04:02:40 pm »
Wan-Bissaka for £10 million isn't a bad purchase for any club with a back-against-the-wall type of approach to the game. Which makes it all the more hilarious they shelled out £50 million for an incredibly limited, defensive first fullback.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #40003 on: August 17, 2022, 04:46:53 pm »
Some #mufc players feel Ten Hag's approach does not suit their skill set and they would favour a more pragmatic approach against Liverpool [@samuelluckhurst]

Two games in and they're already moaning. He'll be lucky to last until Halloween at this rate

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #40004 on: August 17, 2022, 04:50:43 pm »
Two games in and they're already moaning. He'll be lucky to last until Halloween at this rate
They just don't want to get hammered again.

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #40005 on: August 17, 2022, 04:59:41 pm »
Thought Lingard was supposed to be the one constantly leaking stuff from the dressing room to the press,looks like these leaks are just one of those things that are Man United now.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #40006 on: August 17, 2022, 05:01:32 pm »
Some #mufc players feel Ten Hag's approach does not suit their skill set and they would favour a more pragmatic approach against Liverpool [@samuelluckhurst]
Outrageous. He’s tried to train them to play outside of their skill set… football
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #40007 on: August 17, 2022, 05:04:51 pm »
Outrageous. He’s tried to train them to play outside of their skill set… football
And people bang on about the quality of their players. They are shite.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #40008 on: August 17, 2022, 05:06:49 pm »
They're being linked with Dest now. Dutch and played for Ajax so he checks all the boxes

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #40009 on: August 17, 2022, 05:21:54 pm »
I do like that the players are basically complaining they can't play modern football. It's not like Ten Hag is trying to reinvent football, it's just possession focused + pressing that most top teams in operate to varying degrees

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #40010 on: August 17, 2022, 05:33:50 pm »

"We want a manager we can learn from and who helps us develop as players."

Five minutes later...

"The new manager is trying to broaden our very limited skill set. It's just not on, is it."   :duh
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #40011 on: August 17, 2022, 05:35:12 pm »
They're being linked with Dest now. Dutch and played for Ajax so he checks all the boxes
They'll be testing the waters for a deal to bring Johan Cruyff to Old Trafford next.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #40012 on: August 17, 2022, 05:46:14 pm »
They'll be testing the waters

It'll be full of poop

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #40013 on: August 17, 2022, 05:58:16 pm »
While it's funny because it's them, I really cannot be arsed with people doing this. Announcing that they will be announcing something, what a load of shite, just announce it when you're ready, you don't have to let us know that you're going to! Like when players let us know that they will soon be announcing which club they're joining, absolutely pointless and just attention seeking.
I hope you're not implying that Ronaldo is some kind of attention seeker?!  Outlandish accusation.

Ronaldo will have two criteria for when he leaves Man U:
1) The club is in the CL
2) They make him their highest earner, not because of the money particularly but because of the prestige

If Simeone is genuinely interested in signing him for Atletico then he's lost his mind.  I hope he's bantering just to waste everyone's time, with it all falling through at the 11th hour, leaving Ronaldo and Man U to pick up the pieces.

Online MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Last Edit: August 17, 2022, 06:08:37 pm by MonsLibpool »

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #40015 on: August 17, 2022, 06:05:03 pm »
While it's funny because it's them, I really cannot be arsed with people doing this. Announcing that they will be announcing something, what a load of shite, just announce it when you're ready, you don't have to let us know that you're going to! Like when players let us know that they will soon be announcing which club they're joining, absolutely pointless and just attention seeking.

I know what you mean. Everything has to be a drama and a big story (probably to keep their profile up) but I Ronaldo is one of the players that you expect this kind of thing from, he's had a monstrous ego since year dot and it shouldn't be a surprise. It's still funny like because it's happening to Man Utd and because their fans and ex-players were creaming themselves last summer when they signed him.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Redknight60

• Main Stander
« Reply #40017 on: August 17, 2022, 06:16:19 pm »
Their desperation is really ramping up. Reminds me of that guy on the Sunderland Netflix series offering 4.5mil for Will Grigg. Expect a massive panic buy if it goes down to deadline day.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #40018 on: August 17, 2022, 06:27:59 pm »
It'll be full of poop

That would be the hard shoulders...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #40019 on: August 17, 2022, 06:28:16 pm »
Their €135m bid for João Félix was rejected. Clowns.

https://www.marca.com/futbol/atletico/2022/08/17/62fcfb8422601d74218b458b.html

https://as.com/futbol/el-atletico-rechaza-una-oferta-de-130-millones-de-euros-del-united-por-joao-felix-n/
Is their scouting department just a random footballer name generator?

ten Hag apparently likes a big focal point #9.  He had Haller at Ajax and apparently they were very keen on Nunez.  A bit of logic there.

They then seemingly decided to stick with Ronaldo and switched attention to other parts of the team.  I'm not seeing a lot of Haller in Ronaldo but he was already there so, yeah, he'll do for a season.

Ronaldo's toys go out the pram so they switch to Arnautovic.  I sort of get it on playing style as he can at least lead the line.  They drop that idea as the fans don't like it so it's back to Ronaldo.

Ronaldo makes it clear his toys are not coming back in the pram so they bid massive money on João Félix.  What do João Félix, Haller, Nunez and Arnautovic have in common beyond "they're all footballers"?!  This despite Atletico apparently being keen to offload Morata who might actually suit how ten Hag wants to set his team up.

Online MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #40020 on: August 17, 2022, 06:41:33 pm »
Is their scouting department just a random footballer name generator?

ten Hag apparently likes a big focal point #9.  He had Haller at Ajax and apparently they were very keen on Nunez.  A bit of logic there.

They then seemingly decided to stick with Ronaldo and switched attention to other parts of the team.  I'm not seeing a lot of Haller in Ronaldo but he was already there so, yeah, he'll do for a season.

Ronaldo's toys go out the pram so they switch to Arnautovic.  I sort of get it on playing style as he can at least lead the line.  They drop that idea as the fans don't like it so it's back to Ronaldo.

Ronaldo makes it clear his toys are not coming back in the pram so they bid massive money on João Félix.  What do João Félix, Haller, Nunez and Arnautovic have in common beyond "they're all footballers"?!  This despite Atletico apparently being keen to offload Morata who might actually suit how ten Hag wants to set his team up.
It's that time of the year when the Glazers try to appease them by buying a shiny new toy.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #40021 on: August 17, 2022, 06:42:49 pm »
Interestingly, sky were touting that they were looking for a minority investor.

Now if we all remember the interview with their new ceo that fans secretly recorded, he was very clear that stadium development couldn’t happen without investment.  Maybe that’s the purpose?
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #40022 on: August 17, 2022, 06:44:35 pm »
1000 pages! And it only started in 2020. We're obsessed! Going into meltdown in 3-2-1...  :lmao

Let's recap, in these 1000 pages we've seen three managers, zero titles/trophies*, nearly half a billion spent, a think tank and a partridge in a part tree.

* How the heck could I forget their DVD special Bangkok Cup? :(

The Moyes one hit 1000 pages and he didn't even last a full season. ;D
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline TomDcs

• Cross dressing, pant shitting, clothes thief
  • Legacy Fan
  • Six times...
« Reply #40023 on: August 17, 2022, 06:50:08 pm »

I mean, we all knew it would happen, but who had 2 games in the 'When are United players going to start briefing against their manager to the press'?
I really thought he'd get to the World Cup break before this stuff began.

Skill set = can’t be assed running

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #40024 on: August 17, 2022, 06:54:59 pm »

And I thought at the time, ah well it was good while it lasted ;D

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #40025 on: August 17, 2022, 07:01:01 pm »
Rich of them to believe they have an actual skill set, other than unintentional comedy.

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #40026 on: August 17, 2022, 07:06:08 pm »
They’re actually going to go full desperate Damien “what about Andy Carroll?” Comolli on the last day of the window aren’t they?
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline Passmaster Molby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #40027 on: August 17, 2022, 07:13:07 pm »
Rabiot deal is off  ;D

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62464414

That can’t be true, he is turning down a move to the biggest and best club in world football? There’s a Rabiot off here somewhere……

Online Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #40028 on: August 17, 2022, 07:28:47 pm »
That can’t be true, he is turning down a move to the biggest and best club in world football? There’s a Rabiot off here somewhere……

He's scared about joining the biggest and bestest club in the club in the world. A Frightened Raboit, if you will.

Offline BOBSCOUSE

• Awestruck admirer of the families, YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #40029 on: August 17, 2022, 07:29:31 pm »
I hear Adi Akinfenwa isn't up to much these days, might be worth a shot

Is there a bigger target than this guy?  Right up their street and could do them a favour by eating Shaw's doggy bags from the canteen.
JFT96
Here comes retribution motherfuckers!

Online MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #40030 on: August 17, 2022, 07:35:51 pm »
He's scared about joining the biggest and bestest club in the club in the world. A Frightened Raboit, if you will.
But this is Man Utd. Manchester Uniiiiited.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #40031 on: August 17, 2022, 07:37:13 pm »
It's that time of the year when the Glazers try to appease them by buying a shiny new toy.
They'll offer £150m after we tonk them on Monday night.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Online FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #40032 on: August 17, 2022, 07:46:33 pm »

300 pages was just the 2-2 with Fulham

Offline Cracking Left Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #40033 on: August 17, 2022, 07:48:18 pm »
Was talking to a United fan at lunchtime, he's convinced they're going down.

It was weird to be in the position of trying to gee him up saying "nah, you'll be fine mate, there's worse teams than you in the league" but the fact that I couldn't actually say that with a straight face kind of gave the game away. So I suggested Ronaldo may do a Denis Law, join City before the window closes, and sends them down with a backheel. Didn't go down too well that.

Offline stoopid yank

• Legacy Fan
  • Bird is the Word
« Reply #40034 on: August 17, 2022, 07:49:28 pm »

"pragmatic" translation = "we want to hoof the shit out of it whenever we get nervous, so as not to be embarrassed or have the crowd on our backs"

#longballsfc
I don't always listen to Black Sabbath, but when I do, so do the neighbors.

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #40035 on: August 17, 2022, 07:52:27 pm »

Another 300 were about Rooney.

I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #40036 on: August 17, 2022, 07:55:13 pm »

And every manager since have to look toward the Sl'ur Alex Ferguson stand, whilst he sits glaring behind them in the Sir Bobby the touts stand.
The longer he sticks around, the more fucked up they are going to be.
Glorius.

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #40038 on: August 17, 2022, 08:09:41 pm »
But but but the Glazers don't want to spend any moneeeeeeeeeey!!!
It’s easy to make a outlandish bid for PR purposes secure in the knowledge it’ll be rejected out of hand.

It’s the one thing they learned from Moyes.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #40039 on: August 17, 2022, 08:33:07 pm »
It’s easy to make a outlandish bid for PR purposes secure in the knowledge it’ll be rejected out of hand.

It’s the one thing they learned from Moyes.
But the point is that they've spent a fortune in playehs and managohs since the hard shoulder shitter left, and it still isn't enough so the toys get thrown out of the pram every single season