Author Topic: Harry Maguire considering his options thread  (Read 3279702 times)

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
Re: Man United thread. Revolution Number... 6?
« Reply #40120 on: August 18, 2022, 05:46:59 pm »
Absolutely no way Dortmund go after Ronaldo. Even the suggestion is bizarre. That news is either fake or is based on the fact they’re the only top European club who haven’t rejected Mendes’ overtures.

Funny though.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #40121 on: August 18, 2022, 05:48:41 pm »
What the fuck are these gobshites protesting for?

Is it because the Glazers aren't spending any money, or is it because they are spending loads of money on absolute shite?

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #40122 on: August 18, 2022, 05:52:52 pm »

Is it because the Glazers aren't spending any money, or is it because they are spending loads of money on absolute shite?

It's fucking maddening.  They're trying to get Casimero on an absurd wage, they've offered Frenkie De Jong a kings ransom, but the owners aren't spending enough.  Mental.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #40123 on: August 18, 2022, 06:04:21 pm »
Casemiro is a great signing for Man Utd........is something you would say if it was 2015

The fact he's already won everything at club level suggests he won't be that hungry by mere virtue of the fact he's willing to go there (i.e. Varane).

His priority this season will probably be the World Cup which he hasn't won. Next season he turns 32. He improves the team in the short term but it's very shor-term ism.

He's also been used to playing with great players all that time, in a midfield with Kroos and Modric and Benzema in front and Bale and Ronaldo in their prime. Away from playing in that side his international career his average.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Online bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #40124 on: August 18, 2022, 06:15:43 pm »
The fact he's already won everything at club level suggests he won't be that hungry by mere virtue of the fact he's willing to go there (i.e. Varane).

His priority this season will probably be the World Cup which he hasn't won. Next season he turns 32. He improves the team in the short term but it's very shor-term ism.

He's also been used to playing with great players all that time, in a midfield with Kroos and Modric and Benzema in front and Bale and Ronaldo in their prime. Away from playing in that side his international career his average.

They just don’t learn from previous mistakes . Constantly signing players past their best on high wages, regardless of if it’s what they ‘need’ or not

Yes he improves their midfield but he’ll be money orientated and as you said World Cup will be his priority. A shadow of the player at Madrid who played alongside Modric and Kroos, as apposed to Fred and McTominay…

But yes, it’s all the owners fault . Get the green and yellow scarfs out the loft lads

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #40125 on: August 18, 2022, 06:27:07 pm »

I don't think they even know themselves.

They've spent a billion quid but are moaning that the Glazers don't spend. They've been bought players they raved about and wanted. They wanted the show pony, and they were granted their wish.

All you hear from them is ''I want, I want, I want....''  When they get it they still whinge like babies.

Welcome to Old Trafford. Home of the most entitled and absurd fanbase in the world.''

Yes, this Manchester Yernaartid we are talking about.  ::)
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #40126 on: August 18, 2022, 06:29:33 pm »

I think they don't know,other than wanting something vague like 'having their United back' and new owners because these Glazers have been the worst owners in the world,because their high priest Gary Neville said so.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #40127 on: August 18, 2022, 06:43:58 pm »
I think they don't know,other than wanting something vague like 'having their United back' and new owners because these Glazers have been the worst owners in the world,because their high priest Gary Neville said so.
The one thing that'll be needed to turn things around for them is time but a toddler is more patient than them. That's why they are likely to continue struggling.

Offline Passmaster Molby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #40128 on: August 18, 2022, 07:46:00 pm »
Casimeiro is light years ahead of anything they have in midfield, so by that end its a big improvement for them. However, you can hardly call it a great long term investment given his age, the price, the wage etc.

Offline Passmaster Molby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #40129 on: August 18, 2022, 07:48:18 pm »
Ahahahahahaha

So basically they have appointed the Dutch version of David "run dem laps" Moyes as manager :lmao

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #40130 on: August 18, 2022, 07:51:17 pm »
They will target Mendieta if Casemiro turns them down.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #40131 on: August 18, 2022, 07:55:14 pm »

Given the timing of these protests in recent seasons, I think the main thing they arre protesting is that we are so much better than them.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #40132 on: August 18, 2022, 07:59:01 pm »
They will target Mendieta if Casemiro turns them down.

Would be a great signing (for the Hacienda).
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #40133 on: August 18, 2022, 08:09:18 pm »
I think they're stuck with him:

Borussia Dortmund is now seen as Cristiano Ronaldo’s last hope of a Manchester United exit.

🔴 A move to Sporting does not interest he who fannies about and dives around or Ruben Amorim
🔴 No chance of Atleti now
🔴 Ronaldo forced to run ‘punishment’ laps in training

📝
@JacobsBen

Dortmund would have to pay Ronaldo ~€20m for just this one season based on him only willing to take a 30% pay cut. There's no way that is happening.

There is no way that Ronaldo is running extra laps.

He walked out at halftime of a friendly - no chance he doesn't strike at such a "punishment" either.

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #40134 on: August 18, 2022, 08:17:45 pm »

I don’t think most of them know……. I bet none of them would be protesting if they’d actually been successful in the last 5 years, if trophies were coming in then all their fans would happily turn a blind eye to the way the glazers are bleeding them dry.

There’s not many clubs, in fact there’s no clubs in the premier league apart from Utd, who can spend over a billion and not a penny of it actually comes from the owners pocket.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #40135 on: August 18, 2022, 09:57:35 pm »
I think they're stuck with him:

Borussia Dortmund is now seen as Cristiano Ronaldo’s last hope of a Manchester United exit.

🔴 A move to Sporting does not interest he who fannies about and dives around or Ruben Amorim
🔴 No chance of Atleti now
🔴 Ronaldo forced to run ‘punishment’ laps in training

📝
@JacobsBen

Dortmund would have to pay Ronaldo ~€20m for just this one season based on him only willing to take a 30% pay cut. There's no way that is happening.

I love his arrogance. 38 years old and he still thinks he's worth obscene wages.  He must be so fucking jealous of Messi. :lmao

A Klopp-type manager would tell him to just stay at home and count his money - don't even bother turning up for training as he's not in the manager's plans.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Magz50

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #40136 on: August 18, 2022, 10:12:43 pm »
Casemiro on a huge payday golden parachute. Where have I seen this before with United? Will they ever learn.

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #40137 on: August 18, 2022, 10:33:02 pm »
Ronaldo is lazy in some aspects, he is not really a "system" player. Heard there was similar discontent with him when Rafa took over at Madrid.

Ten Haag is gonna have his hands full unless he can move all the deadweight which is pretty much most of their squad.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #40138 on: August 18, 2022, 11:43:59 pm »

It's been funny watching United and Everton protest this last year, both clubs have spent a fortune, luck that 99% of clubs do not have. It's probably the first time clubs have protested not about spending but just about being shite. This despite the fact the clubs have given in to fan pressure at both clubs in terms of either hiring and firing managers as well.

Lovely that this should be those two clubs whilst we have been joyous. It cannot last, surely.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #40139 on: August 18, 2022, 11:45:54 pm »
He would probably improve their midfield but only in the short term as he is 69.
Ha!  ;D
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #40140 on: August 18, 2022, 11:49:49 pm »
They really are in a mess of their own making aren't they.

They've been given everything they've demanded and had removed everyone they wanted rid of. 

They've dictated every detail of their own downfall but not realised it yet nor are they looking like stopping any time soon.

Players, managers, board members, scouts, coaches, backroom staff, even pundits and the general media have all been blamed yet they're still lurching from one bad decision to the next.

They're no longer attractive to new players as who wants to tie themselves to such a disfunctional organisation where the fans turn on you after a couple of bad moves in a game and you're stuck there for another 4 or 5yrs with no escape.

I hope this isn't the wake up call they really need to scrap everything and start again with young, decent players to build on but I doubt it.

They'll need to see through their new target of driving out their rogue owners who they now see as responsible for the downfall which will take a concerted and determined drive for a good couple of years and they don't have the fortitude to do that.

Keep at it Devils and Blueshites as until you realise you are the biggest problem nothing will change 👍
Applicable in either thread  ;D
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #40141 on: August 19, 2022, 12:24:42 am »
Casemiro is a very good player and all, but how much experience does he have in relegation battles?
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Kalito

• Legacy Fan
  • ***JFT97***
« Reply #40142 on: August 19, 2022, 01:23:16 am »
We’ve got a fucking Oompah Loompah playing at centre back guys. :D
We've got fucking Jermaine Defoe playing at the back!  :lmao :lmao

This dude is fuckin' qualitehh!
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Mr Bill Shankly

"be careful of media, they can make you hate the oppressed and love the oppressors." - Malcolm X

The notion that an Occupier is defending itself is as absurd as the notion that the rapist is defending itself from the victim.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #40143 on: August 19, 2022, 07:38:36 am »
He would probably improve their midfield but only in the short term as he is 69.
:lmao

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #40144 on: August 19, 2022, 08:03:31 am »
They were interviewing a crickter on 5L yesterday evening. The closing question was about the game. He was saying he probably isn't going to waste money buying a ticket, for the game to get cancelled.
Is there a strong vibe about them really gettting it cancelled.
That's one record still standing for Ten Hag to break.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #40145 on: August 19, 2022, 08:09:45 am »
They were interviewing a crickter on 5L yesterday evening. The closing question was about the game. He was saying he probably isn't going to waste money buying a ticket, for the game to get cancelled.
Is there a strong vibe about them really gettting it cancelled.
That's one record still standing for Ten Hag to break.

It won't be cancelled. A lot of the problem with the game that got cancelled and the fans on/in/around the ground was to do with COVID and not being able to guarantee areas were "safe" (uninfected) under the circumstances at the time.

It will 100% go ahead baring something absolutely mental happening.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #40146 on: August 19, 2022, 08:19:07 am »
They need to buy Kroos and Modric and invent a time machine for Casemiro thing to work.

Offline HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #40147 on: August 19, 2022, 09:13:25 am »
Oh look they’re spunking a load of cash on Casemiro and are looking to spend another £80 mil on Antony having spent £70 million already. Brings their total to over £200 million if they get the 2 of them but the glazers don’t give them money after also spunking £200 million last summer.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #40148 on: August 19, 2022, 09:48:49 am »
I don't think they even know themselves.

They've spent a billion quid but are moaning that the Glazers don't spend. They've been bought players they raved about and wanted. They wanted the show pony, and they were granted their wish.

All you hear from them is ''I want, I want, I want....''  When they get it they still whinge like babies.

Welcome to Old Trafford. Home of the most entitled and absurd fanbase in the world.''

Yes, this Manchester Yernaartid we are talking about.  ::)

Very old by all accounts  :)
They keep saying about the Glaziers taking money out and investing.  If they've spent a billion on players, and taken a billion or so out, what do they want. That 2 billion is spent of players would they be happy then ?
They have some legitimate reasons I'm sure, but spending on players is not one of them. It's going to look beautiful too if they account Casemiro on Monday, for 60 million on 300k a week.....and they are protesting that theres no investment at the same time

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #40149 on: August 19, 2022, 10:01:24 am »
Sounds like Man Utd are desperate to have Casemiro registered in time to play us on Monday night. What sort of time scale do they have for that to happen?

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #40150 on: August 19, 2022, 10:02:13 am »
Are none of them realising that the Glazers themselves must be pretty pissed off they are spending so much money yet not getting results?
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Online Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #40151 on: August 19, 2022, 10:03:14 am »
Sounds like Man Utd are desperate to have Casemiro registered in time to play us on Monday night. What sort of time scale do they have for that to happen?

Knowing them, whenever they want.

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #40152 on: August 19, 2022, 10:12:20 am »

Isn't the rule midday the day before a round of matches? That would make it within the next 2 hours.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #40153 on: August 19, 2022, 10:16:14 am »
I expect this will get cancelled.

When they got it cancelled last time, they attacked the opposition team coach and blocked it in (Luckily the club got wind of it and managed to protect the players by deploying a dummy coach). They attacked the Police. They attacked their own stewards. They attacked passers-by. They tipped cars up. They destroyed barriers around the ground. They broke into Old Trafford and they got the game abandoned.

And the FA/Premier League did absolutely nothing and it was all fine and dandy according to the Media.

If they do the exact same thing again, what makes people think that the FA/Premier League will do anything?

Personally I hope LFC refuse to play the game and take the League to court if asked to do so. This is their mess, not ours.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #40154 on: August 19, 2022, 10:18:19 am »
The Guardian, predictably were wanking over the assaults and law breaking:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/may/03/manchester-united-liverpool-game-abandoned-fanzine

Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #40155 on: August 19, 2022, 10:21:50 am »
Isn't the rule midday the day before a round of matches? That would make it within the next 2 hours.

Yeah, that's not happening then if true, given he'll need a work permit as well. It's Man Utd though, so they'll probably get an extension.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #40156 on: August 19, 2022, 10:22:06 am »
If they try and get this cancelled again, we should not be offering to play at a later date again. It would be 2nd time in less than a year just for our games, a packed schedule and the chance for them to get more players in. We should make them forfeit.

We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #40157 on: August 19, 2022, 10:25:26 am »
If they try and get this cancelled again, we should not be offering to play at a later date again. It would be 2nd time in less than a year just for our games, a packed schedule and the chance for them to get more players in. We should make them forfeit.

and you know what would happen, we'd get punished for not playing a re-arranged game

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #40158 on: August 19, 2022, 10:29:02 am »
Gary Neville is such a piece of shit.

His latest on Twitter today is letting us all know that US owners are worse than Saudi or Abu Dhabi owning PL clubs.

'The US model of sports ownership is all about significant return on investment ( at all cost ie Super League and Big Picture ). The ownership model in England needs to change and US money is a bigger danger to that than any other international money. We need a regulator asap!’

And all because his beloved Man Utd are having a ‘difficult’ transfer window, one in which they may end up spending close to 200 mill

He is vile, yet has a massive fanbase and colleagues and a media who just laughs with him and sees him a some sort of ‘voice of the people’, when nothing could be further fromt he truth.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #40159 on: August 19, 2022, 10:30:48 am »
Won't be cancelled and we will smash them.