Author Topic: Naby Keita Watch  (Read 1889769 times)

Offline Redman78

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Naby Keita Watch
« Reply #15040 on: January 18, 2023, 11:40:26 am »
Positive performance last night, needs to build on that.

Can see him being dropped on the weekend.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #15041 on: January 18, 2023, 01:20:30 pm »
This popped up on my Twitter feed so it may well be wrong. He does seem to have played far fewer minutes than he could have but there’s also the hidden question when he’s on the bench, ‘is he actually fit to play significant minutes in this game?’

Or is the fact that he's actually not playing that many minutes allowing him to be fit and available on the bench?

It's a fitness tightrope we have to walk with him, which is a shame.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #15042 on: January 18, 2023, 01:52:18 pm »
Whatever happens at the end of the season happens but while Keita is fit then you should play him especially when there are midfielders in poor form.

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15043 on: January 18, 2023, 02:45:47 pm »
Whatever happens at the end of the season happens but while Keita is fit then you should play him especially when there are midfielders in poor form.

That's the dilemma - play him too much and we know he will break down.

Don't play him - and we have a huge midfield problem.

Offline hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in THE 5 EUROPEAN CUPS
« Reply #15044 on: January 18, 2023, 03:05:53 pm »
I'd rather we played the kids who we think are still going to be here in a few seasons time. Pointless getting him ready for his next club.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15045 on: January 18, 2023, 03:29:55 pm »
I'd rather we played the kids who we think are still going to be here in a few seasons time. Pointless getting him ready for his next club.

The more he plays the more likely we are to get top 4.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15046 on: January 18, 2023, 03:38:35 pm »
This popped up on my Twitter feed so it may well be wrong. He does seem to have played far fewer minutes than he could have but there’s also the hidden question when he’s on the bench, ‘is he actually fit to play significant minutes in this game?’

People have been using this as a reason he hasn't been playing since the season restarted a month ago and then he goes and plays 90 minutes yesterday. I just think Klopp prefers Henderson which to me seems strange based on what we have been seeing on the pitch since the beginning of last season from both of them. We have Naby for a few more months and right now he gets in our strongest 11 if you put all other matters to one side. With Champions League football at stake, we should be making unbiased football decisions to help us get the best results.

Offline spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15047 on: January 18, 2023, 04:47:29 pm »
The more he plays the more likely we are to get top 4.

Top 4? That went ages ago. For me, it’s about getting into Europe (but not the dreaded Conference League).

Offline number 168

• Bootle - Aigburth Vale. Mon-Sat evenings, Sundays & Bank Holidays only. Arl fart clearly past his sell-his-season-ticket-by-date.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15048 on: January 18, 2023, 04:53:46 pm »
Top 4? That went ages ago. For me, it’s about getting into Europe (but not the dreaded Conference League).

10 points behind Newcastle with a game in hand? If we beat Chelsea and confidence gets a boost I am not as pessimistic.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #15049 on: January 18, 2023, 05:04:31 pm »
All we need is a good run. We've been on an uncharacteristically horrible run thus far. I'm pretty confident that if we play like we know how, we can get top four.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #15050 on: January 18, 2023, 05:50:46 pm »
All we need is a good run. We've been on an uncharacteristically horrible run thus far. I'm pretty confident that if we play like we know how, we can get top four.
pretty much in the same position we were in last year with regard the gap, although obviously for a different place. String a few wins together and it breeds confidence. It'll be tough but it's certainly not a foregone conclusion that we miss out
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15051 on: January 18, 2023, 05:56:40 pm »

We're still not even half way through the league fixtures. Keep Fabinho and Henderson away from the pitch and we've a great chance.

Online JasonF

• Frenkie says "Ilaix, don't do it"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #15052 on: January 18, 2023, 05:57:55 pm »
People have been using this as a reason he hasn't been playing since the season restarted a month ago and then he goes and plays 90 minutes yesterday. I just think Klopp prefers Henderson which to me seems strange based on what we have been seeing on the pitch since the beginning of last season from both of them. We have Naby for a few more months and right now he gets in our strongest 11 if you put all other matters to one side. With Champions League football at stake, we should be making unbiased football decisions to help us get the best results.

Easy to forget but players who return after a long lay off need essentially a pre season all over again. He's been eased back in and now he's had a full 90 under his belt, hopefully we'll see a lot more of him.

Online Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15053 on: January 18, 2023, 06:29:24 pm »
That's the dilemma - play him too much and we know he will break down.

Don't play him - and we have a huge midfield problem.

Just play him when he's available. Period. You can wrap him up in cotton wool and he still gets injured.

We now just expect him to randomly break down unfortunately, and with our midfield needs so obvious you just have to play him and hope for the best.

Hopefully he has a barnstorming end to the season in an effort to win a bumper new contract either with us or elsewhere. Would leave us with feeling of what might have been, but that would be better than him being useless to the end of the season.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #15054 on: January 18, 2023, 06:46:57 pm »
He played alright in a fashion but shouldn't be there going forward, we have to be more ruthless. We need someone who gets stuck in and I know he is fragile and scared of more injuries but he pulled out of at least one tackle last night. We have kept  too many players past their best and we need to stop.

He won't get a new deal in my opinion unless he takes a drastic pay cut, So he will be gone in the summer!

But right now, He's fit which means he's a much better option than some of our other midfielders... so he must play as much as possible

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15055 on: January 19, 2023, 07:58:37 am »
It's madness to give up on top 4 already. One of the Uniteds will have a run of poor form - neither, particularly Newcastle, is as good as their recent records suggest - and the teams from 5th-8th are all hit-and-miss. A five or six-game winning streak - which we're more than capable of, especially as our forwards re-enter the fray - would put us right up there again. So no, I cannot agree with the idea of sidelining the players we expect to leave in summer, especially when there's so many of them. It'll also do the kids more good to play in an experienced team than a youth team getting regularly slaughtered.

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15056 on: January 19, 2023, 08:40:33 am »
10 points behind Newcastle with a game in hand? If we beat Chelsea and confidence gets a boost I am not as pessimistic.

Hoping for another collapse from a strong position for Newcastle. Would love it if we beat them, love it.

Offline spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15057 on: January 20, 2023, 07:20:13 am »
I’m hoping Keita starts at the weekend but I think Klopp will go with the tried and tested.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15058 on: January 20, 2023, 10:50:48 am »
I’m hoping Keita starts at the weekend but I think Klopp will go with the tried and tested.

I can see and understand if he picks Fabinho or Henderson over Bajetic but there is absolutely no way he can start with both of them.

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #15059 on: January 20, 2023, 11:22:34 am »

No fault of Keita's, so long as his body doesn't actually explode, he should not be replaced by Henderson on Saturday lunchtime.

If that happens it is all on Klopp. There has to be a meritocracy and Naby was solid and decent against Wolves and Henderson has been "very poor" against various.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #15060 on: January 20, 2023, 11:24:51 am »
Fucking do as I say Klopp, you shit bastard
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #15061 on: January 20, 2023, 11:30:50 am »
Fucking do as I say Klopp, you shit bastard

If that's aimed at me: Klopp has said he is not "too loyal" so let's see what he does on Saturday. I personally don't believe Hendo is worth a shirt atm, as much as I admire
that man and thank him for all he has done for us.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15062 on: January 20, 2023, 12:01:43 pm »
I’m hoping Keita starts at the weekend but I think Klopp will go with the tried and tested failed.

Offline GreatEx

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15063 on: January 20, 2023, 12:14:33 pm »
If we get a Fab-Hendo-Thiago midfield against Chelsea I'll be so fucked off I may decide not to call my 3rd child Jurgen (no bloody way I'm going in for 3rds but still...)

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15064 on: January 20, 2023, 12:17:11 pm »
I presume he is out for the weekend after that tip he got during the wolves game?

Offline GreatEx

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15065 on: January 20, 2023, 12:26:47 pm »
Seriously, our players get tips? You'd think their base salaries were good enough.

Online JasonF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #15066 on: January 20, 2023, 12:29:42 pm »
I presume he is out for the weekend after that tip he got during the wolves game?

I'm trying to remember if we had 10 months of these Keita must be injured gags when he played 40 games last season.

Offline spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15067 on: January 21, 2023, 03:08:45 pm »
Made the pass of the game. I wish Salah had made more of it.

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #15068 on: January 21, 2023, 03:09:53 pm »
Another decent game, Klopp obviously managing his minutes, if he can stay fit from now till end of the season it will help us massively

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15069 on: January 21, 2023, 03:10:19 pm »
Was offside anyway.

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15070 on: January 21, 2023, 03:10:56 pm »
Some annoying giveaways but was decent and we pretty much started getting wrecked as soon as he went off but luckily Mudryk kept miscontrolling the ball.

Offline paisley1977

• Legacy Fan
  • Bob an ordinary man of extraordinary greatness.
« Reply #15071 on: January 21, 2023, 03:12:27 pm »

Oh I missed that did it lead to a goal? If we are so dependant on Naby it shows what a mess we are in.
I've been here during the bad times,we finished second once.

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15072 on: January 21, 2023, 03:12:56 pm »
Some annoying giveaways but was decent and we pretty much started getting wrecked as soon as he went off but luckily Mudryk kept miscontrolling the ball.

He was involved more than Harvey, should have stayed on.

Online JasonF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #15073 on: January 21, 2023, 03:15:48 pm »
Another decent game, Klopp obviously managing his minutes, if he can stay fit from now till end of the season it will help us massively

Yeah pretty clear he's being eased back in. His minutes other than the Wolves game have been that of a pre season sort of schedule, which is expected after a long lay off for a player like Naby who you need to be careful with. I think we'll start to see more of him now he's had two consecutive starts. I think he'll likely start against Brighton.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15074 on: January 21, 2023, 04:58:29 pm »
Thought he was fairly anonymous. Good try to claim handball though ;D

Online na fir dearg

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15075 on: January 21, 2023, 05:40:15 pm »
thought he was really poor, apart from that ball to Salah

Looks really slow and seemed unable to make a simple 5 yard pass, feel sorry for him now he's really struggling, maybe he's not fully fit

Online jedimaster

• Kopite
« Reply #15076 on: January 21, 2023, 06:26:21 pm »

I read 'tired and tested'...which seems quite apt  :(
We do beg your pardon, but we are in your garden

Offline PEG2K

• Could be Stan Boardman. Hates the Germans.
  • Kopite
« Reply #15077 on: January 21, 2023, 06:37:13 pm »
He was involved in a couple of (and our only) nice build up plays. And that pass to Salah was filth.

Off the ball he wasn't that active and gassed off in the second half (as he often does). Overall an okay-ish performance.

Online na fir dearg

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15078 on: January 21, 2023, 07:24:31 pm »
He was involved in a couple of (and our only) nice build up plays. And that pass to Salah was filth.

Off the ball he wasn't that active and gassed off in the second half (as he often does). Overall an okay-ish performance.

how can he be gassed? is it just match fitness? maybe it's worth keeping him in for another bit

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15079 on: January 21, 2023, 07:30:40 pm »
Either way - since he's been playing after the WC we look much better in the midfield.