Author Topic: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World *  (Read 2820000 times)

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
Re: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World
« Reply #23960 on: July 3, 2022, 03:25:37 pm »
Bad news….

They’ve moved Afcon….

It’s now in early 2024 rather than the summer

All because of the rains.... ::)
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #23961 on: July 3, 2022, 03:30:21 pm »

Bless them
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #23962 on: July 3, 2022, 03:44:22 pm »
Why was it originally scheduled during the rainy season, only for them to move it because... of the rainy season?
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #23963 on: July 3, 2022, 03:45:27 pm »
That's a pain. There was nothing wrong with them holding it in the summer.

With Mane gone we won't feel it quite as badly. There's a chance Keita might have left by then too, but even so Guinea are shit and wouldn't make it too far anyway.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23964 on: July 3, 2022, 04:34:33 pm »
Wish they'd just fuck international football off. Lending prized assets, that cost millions in fees and wages, to play for mediocre coaches and substandard teams to then break them.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #23965 on: July 3, 2022, 05:49:20 pm »
Can they get the water polo teams to play at the original time instead?
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23966 on: July 3, 2022, 05:58:42 pm »
:lmao is that a real headline? Even the bitterest of haters know that Klopp would never think that way.

There are allusions to squad harmony already being raised:

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2022/07/jurgen-klopp-confident-salahs-350k-per-week-wont-be-a-problem-in-dressing-room/ ("citing" an Athletic article)

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23967 on: July 3, 2022, 06:03:19 pm »
There are allusions to squad harmony already being raised:

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2022/07/jurgen-klopp-confident-salahs-350k-per-week-wont-be-a-problem-in-dressing-room/ ("citing" an Athletic article)

It's really nothing serious though, is it? Hardly worth even worrying about.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23968 on: July 3, 2022, 06:04:41 pm »
Players aren't stupid they know when a player deserves this kind of money. Any other player who could ask for any where near this ballpark is Virgil.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23969 on: July 3, 2022, 06:13:17 pm »
It's really nothing serious though, is it? Hardly worth even worrying about.
Players aren't stupid they know when a player deserves this kind of money. Any other player who could ask for any where near this ballpark is Virgil.

No not serious at all - I'm just saying that the stories in the media will shift to this now - instead of the "how can liverpool let him go for free" stories.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23970 on: July 3, 2022, 06:15:28 pm »
No not serious at all - I'm just saying that the stories in the media will shift to this now - instead of the "how can liverpool let him go for free" stories.

It happens to all teams though, journalists have to talk about something. If it bothers you, don't read it. It's that simple.  :)

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23971 on: July 3, 2022, 06:30:04 pm »
Having Salah for a few more years is fantastic news. He’s been brilliant for us and it’s the right decision for all parties to extend this.
It looks like we have solved one of our key issues (the front three) for years to come. In one summer. Impressive.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23972 on: July 3, 2022, 07:56:36 pm »
It happens to all teams though, journalists have to talk about something. If it bothers you, don't read it. It's that simple.  :)

That doesn't make sense. For example - the Athletic article's title didn't seem to indicate that - but it was within the article. How would a person know not to read that article?

And, in reality, it would be kind of illogical to read only articles that were written with red-tinted glasses.
« Last Edit: July 3, 2022, 08:04:58 pm by newterp »

Offline Waterpistol

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #23973 on: July 3, 2022, 09:32:40 pm »
So was 50k a week when Roy Keane got it. Times change.

We can't run with PSG but we should be able to meet the reported Salah demand.

And meet his demands we did. Friday was a great day for the club and crucial for our chances next season. Well done to all at the club for seeing sense. Mo is going to boss it again next season.

Offline Waterpistol

• Main Stander
« Reply #23974 on: July 3, 2022, 09:34:15 pm »
Nope.

The team of players and the coaching staff and the fans are the star of this team.

For some reason, people think football is like men's singles tennis. Or a lounge act in Vegas.  Some kind of one-man show.

Even people who run clubs, whom you would presume should know better, get caught in the hype and frenzy over money that has descended on football. 

So year after year you have the predictable, toxic situations, created over and over again, with a club desperately trying to get rid of a player on huge wages who has become a distraction and albatross around their necks.

Ozill at Arsenal
Sanchez at United
Ronaldo at Juventus
Pogba at United
Bale at Real
De Jong at Barcelona
Neymar at PSG
Etc
Etc
Etc

FSG need to "give him what he wants" like they need a hole in the head.  Sure way to ruin the club.

Or do you think Sadio Mane's behaviour has nothing to do with the kind of money that he saw Salah demanding from LFC?

:wave Guess that's the club ruined then

Offline Waterpistol

• Main Stander
« Reply #23975 on: July 3, 2022, 09:36:18 pm »

Attackers have always earned the most and rightly so. There will be no issues for us, Mo will have his best ever season soon  8)

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #23976 on: July 4, 2022, 06:26:27 am »
Despite intense speculation, the former Chelsea forward never wanted to leave Liverpool. His preference was always to stay put. He has established a close friendship with Ian Rush during his time at the club and the Anfield legend had urged him to sign and preserve his legacy.

https://theathletic.com/3398187/2022/07/04/salah-contract-liverpool/

Rushie still getting assists
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Oldmanmick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23977 on: July 4, 2022, 08:16:58 am »
aint gonna lie i was dreading the thought of 12 months of who's he joining media circus .... so happy hes staying ....thanks gini for telling him the grass is not greener on the other side ...the team makes the player not the player makes the team .... so come on mo time to make yourself immortal at the club .... break every record going ...go forth and smash

I reckon Gini's situation would have played on his mind anyway. Mo would have also known about Coutinho & his massive fall from grace when he joined Barca. He also knows that wherever he'd have gone he'd have not played under a better manager than Klopp, & a more passionate crowd than that at Anfield.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #23978 on: July 4, 2022, 09:12:17 am »
So was this all done on the 22nd when the club posted the video about how much Salah means to fans?

We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #23979 on: July 4, 2022, 09:18:10 am »
So was this all done on the 22nd when the club posted the video about how much Salah means to fans?

I suspect its been agreed for a while
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23980 on: July 4, 2022, 09:23:10 am »

Don't take this as me being an arsehole, as it's not intended that way. But you've just copied the link and shared it on a public website. That's not going to lead to less clicks. The more they get, the more this sort of reporting is validated and reinforced. Your single post and share is of course a drop in the ocean, but if we all stop sharing and publicising this sort of negativity it may have an impact.

Offline M4tt

• Anny Roader
« Reply #23981 on: July 4, 2022, 09:29:17 am »
I'm not sure why people bother with the legacy media to be honest. It's dying, and they live off of fuelling negativity. Ignore them.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #23982 on: July 4, 2022, 10:01:45 am »
Despite intense speculation, the former Chelsea forward never wanted to leave Liverpool. His preference was always to stay put. He has established a close friendship with Ian Rush during his time at the club and the Anfield legend had urged him to sign and preserve his legacy.

https://theathletic.com/3398187/2022/07/04/salah-contract-liverpool/

Rushie still getting assists

It's a minor thing but it annoys me that they call him "the former Chelsea forward" like he played there for years! I actually thought for a second "who are they talking about there, oh yeah, Mo!"
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #23983 on: July 4, 2022, 10:14:44 am »
I hope this is the start of footballers seeing sense and not just massive money moves. Plenty have moved on to vastly improved wages at 'bigger' clubs and more chance of winning things.  And I'm fine with that.But moves to PSG or city because the likes of us or real Madrid can't afford to keep players is ruining the have
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Penfold78

• Kopite
« Reply #23984 on: July 4, 2022, 11:27:57 am »
I honestly think this level of money is immoral and bad for football. It further widens the gap between the mega rich clubs and the rest. Hoarding the talent and making a mockery of the wages you and I are on.

However, Mo Salah in a red shirt   ;D

Conflicted.

Online PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23985 on: July 4, 2022, 12:42:34 pm »
I honestly think this level of money is immoral and bad for football. It further widens the gap between the mega rich clubs and the rest. Hoarding the talent and making a mockery of the wages you and I are on.

However, Mo Salah in a red shirt   ;D

Conflicted.

We're in a second tier I think , with Real Madrid, Barcelona (I think!) , Man Utd, and presumably now Chelsea.

Where Ronaldo plays at the start of the season will be interesting. I don't think anyone is matching his current salary, but will he take a pay cut for CL football.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23986 on: July 4, 2022, 12:48:55 pm »
Pearce says its £350k per week before bonuses. Then up to £400k after performance related bonuses linked to goal and assist targets

Online Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #23987 on: July 4, 2022, 01:01:52 pm »
Not really.

If this is 350k after bonuses then basically Salah signed the contract LFC put on the table in December, the one that his agent laughed at, thus ensuring we can sell him for a fee next summer. And on June 30? I’m assuming the club issued an ultimatum?

While giving Salah the opportunity to put out a glossy video to help him spin it as him being control, taking a breather on his Greek island, after a hard day’s work taking care of the latest delivery of virgins?

Just the latest player and his dopey agent who thought they could mess with Henry and Gordon.

All good.

:wave
I'll disregard everything else you've posted, but why would we want to sell Salah next year? There are no players available that could adequately replace him in our squad. I would be happy if he saw out this contract and moved wherever he wants at the end of it. Mo will not physically decline much over the length of his contract.
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #23988 on: July 4, 2022, 01:15:19 pm »
It's a minor thing but it annoys me that they call him "the former Chelsea forward" like he played there for years! I actually thought for a second "who are they talking about there, oh yeah, Mo!"
I think it annoys Chelsea fans more, TBF. Just a slight dig  :)

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
    • http://armand9.deviantart.com/
« Reply #23989 on: July 4, 2022, 01:31:52 pm »
i remember him more as a basel player, can't recall him playing for chelsea off the top of my head (tho i do recall them signing him, cos i liked him for basel, i said at the time we played them 'if only that dude had end product'  ;D)
Losing your only chance of silverware this season to your city rival. At home. With the most expensive squad ever assembled.

Have that, you arrogant wanker. CarraG238

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23990 on: July 4, 2022, 01:41:58 pm »
I'm not sure why people bother with the legacy media to be honest. It's dying, and they live off of fuelling negativity. Ignore them.
yes. twitter is SO much better.

:lmao :lmao

Online PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23991 on: July 4, 2022, 01:52:36 pm »
Pearce says its £350k per week before bonuses. Then up to £400k after performance related bonuses linked to goal and assist targets

They will be much easier for him to reach now. More goals as there's more players around him to draw defenders away , and with Mane gone, the assists should be easier. He now has a whole team he can pass to.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23992 on: July 4, 2022, 01:52:59 pm »
I like Jimbo but he doesn't get inside scoops anymore - he traded in his client journalist card when he moved from the Echo to the Athletic..  That will just be more speculation from him.

His last big scoop was announcing that Thiago wasn't going to start the CL final.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #23993 on: July 4, 2022, 02:25:06 pm »
i remember him more as a basel player, can't recall him playing for chelsea off the top of my head (tho i do recall them signing him, cos i liked him for basel, i said at the time we played them 'if only that dude had end product'  ;D)

Yeah, I was really disappointed when Chelsea signed him over us.

I think it annoys Chelsea fans more, TBF. Just a slight dig  :)

Yeah, quite possibly, imagine losing Mo and KDB so carelessly!
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #23994 on: July 4, 2022, 02:44:17 pm »

That's nothing!

There's still residual trauma from losing Nigel Spackman!

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23995 on: July 4, 2022, 02:55:47 pm »

I remember him signing for them and then not being very good. He was hiding his ability as he really wanted to play for LFC,
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #23996 on: July 4, 2022, 04:24:44 pm »
I like Jimbo but he doesn't get inside scoops anymore - he traded in his client journalist card when he moved from the Echo to the Athletic..  That will just be more speculation from him.

He doesn't but those numbers are everywhere - they've pretty clearly been briefed ,and not denied, so either everyone's collectively lying or that's what we're paying him

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #23997 on: July 4, 2022, 04:50:06 pm »
He doesn't but those numbers are everywhere - they've pretty clearly been briefed ,and not denied, so either everyone's collectively lying or that's what we're paying him
Are they really the only two options?

And as for 'not denied' :)

To be fair, this is a very weird subject area. Sends us all a bit peculiar
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #23998 on: July 4, 2022, 04:56:22 pm »

Yes, and they have managed to really squeeze out the worst of Lukakus career too.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #23999 on: July 4, 2022, 06:47:25 pm »
Are they really the only two options?

And as for 'not denied' :)

To be fair, this is a very weird subject area. Sends us all a bit peculiar

I have no idea what this post would mean in English :/
I don't think there are any options here to be honest, everyone involved seems to have made pretty clear where its landed.
They've made an exception for him - which is fair enough.