Author Topic: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World *  (Read 2878316 times)

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
Re: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World
« Reply #24120 on: August 28, 2022, 02:46:57 pm »
Went with his left foot for some reason, made it so much more difficult for himself.

Great player, terribly one-footed.
He finished amazingly with his right foot last season against City at Anfield. He's got 16 goals in the PL with his right foot, which isn't terrible. I think he's obviously predominantly left-footed but I don't think he's 'terribly one-footed' compared to some footballers.

Offline SMASHerano

• Provides nothing extra. Average poster.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool 6-1 London
« Reply #24121 on: August 28, 2022, 04:57:54 pm »
What are the odds of the team scoring 9 goals and he doesn't bag either a goal or an assist? Saving them for Newcastle  :champ

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #24122 on: August 29, 2022, 05:10:39 am »
What are the odds of the team scoring 9 goals and he doesn't bag either a goal or an assist? Saving them for Newcastle  :champ
Half for the Barcodes, half for the Blueshite.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #24123 on: September 3, 2022, 02:28:31 pm »
Should have passed to Diaz there. What was he thinking?

Offline y2w902

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24124 on: September 3, 2022, 02:29:14 pm »
Where is the composure on the rebound ffs just lashing at it.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #24125 on: September 3, 2022, 02:29:14 pm »
Should have passed to Diaz there. What was he thinking?

Was probably something along the lines of 'I've been stuck out on that wing for 90 minutes, finally I'm on the ball in the box'.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #24126 on: September 3, 2022, 02:29:38 pm »
Looked poor in front of goal, just not happening for him so far this season. Hopefully we can build some cohesion with Nunez and Jota back to help out
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24127 on: September 3, 2022, 02:30:06 pm »
Was probably something along the lines of 'I've been stuck out on that wing for 90 minutes, finally I'm on the ball in the box'.

And he’s created the most chances in the league by like a big distance, maybe it’s time they create for him?

Offline Studgotelli

• they have zero understanding of what I’m actually talking about. Got a GCSE in Economics and thinks he knows everything.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24128 on: September 3, 2022, 02:30:23 pm »
Not doing enough been going on since last season, looks like he has physically peaked too…

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24129 on: September 3, 2022, 02:30:41 pm »
Can anyone explain why he is so wide all the time this season?

Online MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24130 on: September 3, 2022, 02:31:11 pm »
Us getting win is more important. Very poor decision.

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24131 on: September 3, 2022, 02:32:32 pm »
Us getting win is more important. Very poor decision.

No footballer can make the perfect decision every single time, and a shot on target wasn’t bad at all.

Online MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24132 on: September 3, 2022, 02:34:18 pm »
No footballer can make the perfect decision every single time, and a shot on target wasn’t bad at all.
Diaz was in a far better position and he'd have been clean through with a clear sight of goal. That was a terrible decision to shoot from there.
« Last Edit: September 3, 2022, 02:38:23 pm by MonsLibpool »

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #24133 on: September 3, 2022, 02:37:57 pm »
And he’s created the most chances in the league by like a big distance, maybe it’s time they create for him?

They can’t…  his starting position is miles from goal
He’s basically playing right attacking midfield for us - needs changing

Online Coolie High

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24134 on: September 3, 2022, 02:38:31 pm »
They can’t…  his starting position is miles from goal
He’s basically playing right attacking midfield for us - needs changing

I agree.

Offline HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #24135 on: September 3, 2022, 02:38:45 pm »
Said it in the half time thread but since the first half of last season, he hasn’t been playing like a £400k a week player. I don’t understand how he’s struggling to even take a man on nowadays.

Online Coolie High

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24136 on: September 3, 2022, 02:41:26 pm »
https://twitter.com/michael_reid11/status/1565091721033261058

Creatively he’s gone up a level, the other players or to be honest the team balance  has been off which hasn’t allowed him to get as many goalscoring opportunities.

Online ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #24137 on: September 3, 2022, 02:44:08 pm »
Said it in the half time thread but since the first half of last season, he hasn’t been playing like a £400k a week player. I don’t understand how he’s struggling to even take a man on nowadays.

I’m baffled by it all, he’s not been himself for a long time.

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #24138 on: September 3, 2022, 02:49:37 pm »

He won’t be getting 400k a week at the rate he’s/we’re playing. Isn’t his salary heavily laden with performance related targets, goals, trophies etc……

Offline stevieG786

• Prefers bottom.
  • Legacy Fan
  • AWWW YA BEAUTY!!
« Reply #24139 on: September 3, 2022, 02:50:05 pm »
He’s playing too wide, he came alive in the last 10 minutes when he got the ball to feet in a central position

Can’t remember the last time he beat his man though

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24140 on: September 3, 2022, 02:50:44 pm »
He won’t be getting 400k a week at the rate he’s/we’re playing. Isn’t his salary heavily laden with performance related targets, goals, trophies etc……

Nope

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #24141 on: September 3, 2022, 02:51:12 pm »

Wait... is this why we're playing him on the touchline, so he can't get goals and we save a bit of cash?  Now it all makes sense.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24142 on: September 3, 2022, 02:52:00 pm »
This Trent inside and Salah chatting to the fans tactics need changing.

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24143 on: September 3, 2022, 02:52:29 pm »
His passing is brilliant. Everything else is not great. Partly that's down to his teammates.

Offline dirkster

• Legacy Fan
  • Dirk Kuyt. Working Class hero
« Reply #24144 on: September 3, 2022, 02:52:34 pm »
He needs a rest. He really needs a rest. I fully expect a different Salah after the WC. I think he's physically and mentally exhausted

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24145 on: September 3, 2022, 03:00:25 pm »
He needs a rest. He really needs a rest. I fully expect a different Salah after the WC. I think he's physically and mentally exhausted

It's only when you look back on last season you realise just how much football he played. I think at the AFCON he played a ridiculous amount of minutes within a short space of time and he's never looked the same since he came back. It's a real conundrum for Klopp. Keep playing him in the hope he finds form or let him have a couple of weeks off on the bench and hope that gives him time to recharge.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24146 on: September 3, 2022, 03:02:40 pm »
Not sure i get what him having a rest has to do with anything?
First of all he’s just had one … but more importantly he’s not playing badly… he’s creating more chances than almost anyone in tbe league… he’s just being used as a wide midfielder so he’s not a goal threat

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #24147 on: September 3, 2022, 03:05:53 pm »
So I see Salah is the designated scapegoat this week. But perhaps we need to talk a bit about how he's deployed, almost like he's deliberately being kept away from goal as much as possible, before making free with the brickbats.

In unrelated news my mate who works at the Billy Hill reckons Kloppo put a bet on for Darwin or Lucho to be our top scorer this season...  ;)
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #24148 on: September 3, 2022, 03:08:17 pm »
Seems to only realize a game is on in the 80th minute

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #24149 on: September 3, 2022, 03:10:35 pm »
It's only when you look back on last season you realise just how much football he played. I think at the AFCON he played a ridiculous amount of minutes within a short space of time and he's never looked the same since he came back. It's a real conundrum for Klopp. Keep playing him in the hope he finds form or let him have a couple of weeks off on the bench and hope that gives him time to recharge.
Surely the real conundrum is "keep playing him so that he's nowhere near the goal or allow him to get into goal-scoring positions?"

When he has done, he's scored or had decent shots on goal

He can't really bring the ball in from wide and score anymore because every opposition team has trained and set up specifically to stop that.

Alternatively he's showing up as a top chance creator for others so maybe others need to put it in a bit more often and we can celebrate his creativity; team game, remember?
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline dirkster

• Legacy Fan
  • Dirk Kuyt. Working Class hero
« Reply #24150 on: September 3, 2022, 03:11:51 pm »
It is a conundrum Indeed. A really don't know what the answer is. My gut instinct is to keep playing him and he'll get the rest during the WC. The other option is to give him a rest for few games, but who would we play instead. Carvalho, Jota?

Offline Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #24151 on: September 3, 2022, 03:12:13 pm »
Is that true? Or is it that in the last few minutes of the game he has licence to get into goal scoring positions more as we go for broke?

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24152 on: September 3, 2022, 03:14:39 pm »
Is that true? Or is it that in the last few minutes of the game he has licence to get into goal scoring positions more as we go for broke?

Maybe he just gets more creative in the last 80 I dunno, but most of the time he got the ball before the 80 he's tried to go down the wing and gets shut down. He had a much better second half (like most of the team) but his contribution in the first half was severely lacking.

I dunno he's probably tired, but he looks a shadow of the player last year.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24153 on: September 3, 2022, 03:16:10 pm »
Woke up in the last 3 minutes of the game.  ;D

Offline Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #24154 on: September 3, 2022, 03:18:36 pm »
Presumably he's following instructions?

We're clearly trying to implement something new. I'm not going to pretend that I fully understand it, but a number of players are doing things differently to what we are used to from them.

We might just have to take the short term pain until it clicks (or we give it up).

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24155 on: September 3, 2022, 03:20:34 pm »

We're clearly trying to implement something new. I'm not going to pretend that I fully understand it, but a number of players are doing things differently to what we are used to from them.

We might just have to take the short term pain until it clicks (or we give it up).

Good job I am not a coach because i would have screamed, battered Ljinders and Krawietz for trying this system out, consoled Salah and promised him we will go back to how we used to play.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24156 on: September 3, 2022, 03:20:35 pm »

Could be, I dunno, but whatever he is doing currently just isn't working. It seems to remove the best qualities of Salah, I guess if it clicks it clicks, but right now we're operating with a 60% Salah which teams seem to handle quite well and he's pretty ineffective, until the 80th min when I guess he starts ignoring instructions and just plays like the old Salah.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #24157 on: September 3, 2022, 03:20:42 pm »
Woke up in the last 3 minutes of the game.  ;D

When gomez went RB and Matip came on for me

We looked like us again from that moment
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24158 on: September 3, 2022, 03:21:06 pm »

I think that's more to do with the opposition getting tired and leaving gaps than anything.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24159 on: September 3, 2022, 03:21:32 pm »
Could be, I dunno, but whatever he is doing currently just isn't working. It seems to remove the best qualities of Salah, I guess if it clicks it clicks, but right now we're operating with a 60% Salah which teams seem to handle quite well and he's pretty ineffective, until the 80th min when I guess he starts ignoring instructions and just plays like the old Salah.

He is creating an insane amount of chances, more than bloody De Bruyne. Its just we have decided thats what we want him to do.