Author Topic: Better Call Saul  (Read 185623 times)

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Re: Better Call Saul
« Reply #1560 on: April 30, 2022, 09:30:04 pm »
Spoiler

Nacho :(

Me and the missus are gutted

[close]
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1561 on: April 30, 2022, 10:28:01 pm »
Oh man. Episode!!!

Spoiler
Had a feeling Nacho was going to do that.  At the start of the show it warned of episode content (violence and suicide).

Wonder why Nacho didn't shoot Balsa and/or Hector?  Was it to save his father from any reprisals from the cartel?

You wouldn't put it past Hector to still go after his father.  He was shooting bullets into a dead body FFS

[close]

Spoiler
Yes, mate. That’s all he was concerned about at the end, protecting his Dad. If he shot anyone or ratted on Gus, his Dad would have been killed.

I have a feeling that Gus will have his Dad moved for his protection. I’d assume Mike would demand that as some sort of payment for Nacho’s loyalty/silence.
[close]
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #1562 on: May 2, 2022, 02:34:55 pm »
Spoiler
RIP to a real one :(
[close]

Absolutely fantastic episode.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1563 on: May 2, 2022, 08:28:27 pm »
loved the episode
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1564 on: May 3, 2022, 09:12:01 am »
LFC on the brink of yet another European final and episode 4 of BCS drops

Its gonna be a good day :)

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1565 on: May 3, 2022, 02:06:12 pm »
Round of applause for Rhea Seehorn.

What i suspect is her directorial debut, she did a brilliant job of EP4.  Great episode.

Nowhere near as heavy as last weeks but still moved the story on significantly.

Not a massive E4 spoiler but still...

Spoiler
If I'm not mistaken, first onscreen time together for Mike and Kim.

The falling parking sign was a massive movie trope but still done really well and was very funny :)
[close]

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #1566 on: May 3, 2022, 02:11:54 pm »
Round of applause for Rhea Seehorn.

What i suspect is her directorial debut, she did a brilliant job of EP4.  Great episode.

Nowhere near as heavy as last weeks but still moved the story on significantly.

Not a massive E4 spoiler but still...

Spoiler
If I'm not mistaken, first onscreen time together for Mike and Kim.

The falling parking sign was a massive movie trope but still done really well and was very funny :)
[close]

Yep very different episode to last weeks but great all the same just slowly joining dots. This weeks scheme had me laughing out loud
« Last Edit: May 3, 2022, 02:16:58 pm by duvva »
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #1567 on: May 3, 2022, 07:22:58 pm »
Lol Howard

Rhea directed this. Couldn't tell. The lawn waterer clack thing was a very classic shot

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #1568 on: May 4, 2022, 09:03:53 am »
Brilliant episode again this week. I know I'm probably alone in this but I'm really not feeling the Howard story line, It feels like they have been going back and forward with him for years now and I can barely remember what started it all. I'm guessing it's leading to something big and it could be what finally splits up Saul and Kim but I do feel like it's been dragged out a bit and I'm guessing it's going to carry on all season. I do enjoy the little scams they play on him but it's the last season and there's only a few episodes left so I was hoping they had moved on from stuff like this but I guess not.

Not a negative of the show as It's great and really enjoyable  ;D

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #1569 on: May 4, 2022, 01:15:32 pm »
Spoiler
Think at the moment the Get Howard storyline is light relief from the grim inevitability of the cartel threat and what we know happens to everyone in BB, but I do think it'll coalesce into some huge consequence for Kim. Her pro bono support work suggestion being taken up was the start of a wedge between them I think, especially when it came in the same episode as him beginning to fully embrace being a cartel lawyer and seeing the consequences of that in him becoming persona non grata at court.
[close]
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1570 on: May 5, 2022, 02:24:41 am »
Brilliant episode again this week. I know I'm probably alone in this but I'm really not feeling the Howard story line, It feels like they have been going back and forward with him for years now and I can barely remember what started it all. I'm guessing it's leading to something big and it could be what finally splits up Saul and Kim but I do feel like it's been dragged out a bit and I'm guessing it's going to carry on all season. I do enjoy the little scams they play on him but it's the last season and there's only a few episodes left so I was hoping they had moved on from stuff like this but I guess not.

Not a negative of the show as It's great and really enjoyable  ;D

I love the sort of nasty spite of the Howard storyline

Then I think back to the Chuck days and him doing stuff like making Good Kim do boring work as punishment. Almost like Saul and this later Kim are a reaction to and product of their circumstances.

Howard is just some square lawyer blert I find the current storyline just entertaining. My guess is

Spoiler
the hint about Howard's home life - which we haven't seen before - is humanising him. And Kim will finally go too far. Maybe he will kill himself or something - or imagine he somehow meets Lalo!

The Howard stuff is totally about Kim I reckon. Jimmy is just pulled along as she breaks bad. He's already Saul, just not the full thing. Kim is going to get Howard in serious fucking trouble even dead and that closes out this half of the season
[close]

Offline Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1571 on: May 5, 2022, 02:51:47 am »
I love the sort of nasty spite of the Howard storyline

Then I think back to the Chuck days and him doing stuff like making Good Kim do boring work as punishment. Almost like Saul and this later Kim are a reaction to and product of their circumstances.

Howard is just some square lawyer blert I find the current storyline just entertaining. My guess is

Spoiler
the hint about Howard's home life - which we haven't seen before - is humanising him. And Kim will finally go too far. Maybe he will kill himself or something - or imagine he somehow meets Lalo!

The Howard stuff is totally about Kim I reckon. Jimmy is just pulled along as she breaks bad. He's already Saul, just not the full thing. Kim is going to get Howard in serious fucking trouble even dead and that closes out this half of the season
[close]

Spoiler
I think you’re pretty much spot on.

Also, a lot of what Howard did wasn’t malicious and it was Chuck who didn’t want Jimmy to be employed by HHM. Howard actually wanted to hire him. He had a begrudging respect for Jimmy and his tenacity. He even backed him for the job at the other law firm.

The demotion for Kim was pretty standard given her actions when Jimmy ran the commercial etc. She could Easily have been fired.

She’s pretending her motivation is revenge, when it’s actually money and the thrill. She wants the sandpiper money to enable her pro-bono work, but she’s also just enjoying “one last scam” as she has a history of scams don’t forget, and she’s enjoying the excitement.

[close]

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1572 on: May 6, 2022, 12:59:00 am »
That was quite quiet episode

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #1573 on: May 7, 2022, 10:28:14 am »
Spoiler

I think it's pretty clear that Kim is going to get killed by someone fairly soon

:(

[close]
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1574 on: May 7, 2022, 05:59:14 pm »
Spoiler

I think it's pretty clear that Kim is going to get killed by someone fairly soon

:(

[close]

Spoiler
it's a tricky one. Saul not grieving in BB would mess things up a little bit. I reckon she will just leave him at one point and move to another state or country?
[close]

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1575 on: May 7, 2022, 06:07:43 pm »
Spoiler
I think Kim dying, at the hands of the cartel or whoever, is a little too obvious. I’m also not sure it’d logically follow that Jimmy would be driven to go ‘full Saul’ if it happened. Feels to me that her totally rejecting him would be likelier to cause that. Although at this stage, it’s hard to see what actions would cause Kim to do that.

Started a rewatch of season 1 this week. Amazing that the plan was for Jimmy to become the BB version of Saul by the end of that season. Instead, six seasons in and he’s still more Jimmy than Saul. Shows that having a big plan for a TV show isn’t always the best thing, instead you see where the story and performances take you.[\spoiler]
[close]

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1576 on: May 7, 2022, 06:35:47 pm »
Spoiler
I think Kim dying, at the hands of the cartel or whoever, is a little too obvious. I’m also not sure it’d logically follow that Jimmy would be driven to go ‘full Saul’ if it happened. Feels to me that her totally rejecting him would be likelier to cause that. Although at this stage, it’s hard to see what actions would cause Kim to do that.

Started a rewatch of season 1 this week. Amazing that the plan was for Jimmy to become the BB version of Saul by the end of that season. Instead, six seasons in and he’s still more Jimmy than Saul. Shows that having a big plan for a TV show isn’t always the best thing, instead you see where the story and performances take you.[\spoiler]
[close]
Spoiler
I actually think the way she's turning more towards the dark side it could be Jimmy that actually rejects her, and it may also be the only way he can save her life perhaps
[close]

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1577 on: May 8, 2022, 12:03:17 pm »
Spoiler
I think Kim will be the primary reason for Lalo’s downfall.  She”ll take the blame for Jimmy and will call Vacuum cleaner man. She will then disappear.

In my ideal final episode, Jimmy (Gene) and Kim will be reunited in Omaha and work together happily at Cinna-Bon under their assumed identities. 
[close]

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #1578 on: May 8, 2022, 12:22:16 pm »
Spoiler
I think Kim will be the primary reason for Lalo’s downfall.  She”ll take the blame for Jimmy and will call Vacuum cleaner man. She will then disappear.

In my ideal final episode, Jimmy (Gene) and Kim will be reunited in Omaha and work together happily at Cinna-Bon under their assumed identities. 
[close]

Spoiler
Or, see and recognize each other across the mall decking, but turn away because their new identities must be protected...
[close]
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1579 on: May 8, 2022, 12:38:32 pm »
Spoiler

[close]
Spoiler
Or, see and recognize each other across the mall decking, but turn away because their new identities must be protected...
[close]

#KimandJimmy4ever

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1580 on: May 8, 2022, 03:10:13 pm »
Spoiler
I also like the idea that Kim has truly broken bad and is doing a long con on Jimmy to get the Sandpiper money. Now the devastation of that could easily tip him into full Saul territory. 
[close]

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1581 on: May 9, 2022, 06:53:34 pm »
Fuck sake come on Tuesday!

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1582 on: May 9, 2022, 06:54:14 pm »
Fuck sake come on Tuesday!

😁 Indeed.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #1583 on: May 10, 2022, 08:46:38 am »
Spoiler
I also like the idea that Kim has truly broken bad and is doing a long con on Jimmy to get the Sandpiper money. Now the devastation of that could easily tip him into full Saul territory. 
[close]

I think it’s going to be something like this.

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1584 on: May 10, 2022, 11:19:12 am »
Wow. Good episode on reflection...

Not a massive E5 spoiler but still....

Spoiler
Come away thinking nothing much happened but after vising reddit post-episode discussion I see loads more!

There's now 2 big fuck off games of chess in play.  Kim/Jimmy v Howard.  Lalo v Gus.

[close]

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1585 on: May 10, 2022, 05:03:27 pm »
2 more episodes until the mid series break. Think things are about to ramp up

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1586 on: May 10, 2022, 06:25:34 pm »
Spoiler
Not really a spoiler, but Lalo is a brilliant villain isn't he? So charismatic and cool. One of my favourite things about Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul is that it treats intelligence as a superpower. Gus and Mike are so smart and methodical, and Lalo is cut from the same cloth. Makes it much more satisfying when they're on the losing side of a situation, as it has to be really earned.

Obviously we know that Lalo is going to fail, at least to some extent. That could make things boring, but instead I'm really interested to see how Gus is going to overcome him.
[close]

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1587 on: May 11, 2022, 05:55:47 pm »
ANYBODY FANCY A MATCH

Offline Snail

• Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #1588 on: May 12, 2022, 09:28:19 pm »
Spoiler
Not really a spoiler, but Lalo is a brilliant villain isn't he? So charismatic and cool. One of my favourite things about Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul is that it treats intelligence as a superpower. Gus and Mike are so smart and methodical, and Lalo is cut from the same cloth. Makes it much more satisfying when they're on the losing side of a situation, as it has to be really earned.

Obviously we know that Lalo is going to fail, at least to some extent. That could make things boring, but instead I'm really interested to see how Gus is going to overcome him.
[close]

Spoiler
Tony Dalton is a very handsome man.
[close]

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1589 on: May 12, 2022, 11:22:22 pm »
Didn’t realise there are 35 crossover characters from Breaking Bad in Better Call Saul

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1590 on: May 13, 2022, 09:36:24 am »
Didn’t realise there are 35 crossover characters from Breaking Bad in Better Call Saul

KEN WINS

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1591 on: May 14, 2022, 05:06:36 am »
Is this the final season?

The last episode was ok, not much going on.

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Phineus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1592 on: May 14, 2022, 12:07:44 pm »
Yep, final season and 13 episodes total.

It’s always been a slow burn though.

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1593 on: May 14, 2022, 12:51:16 pm »
Personally I thought  lots happened last episode.

Spoiler
Setting up a Gus <> Lalo showdown was huge
[close]

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #1594 on: May 14, 2022, 02:05:32 pm »
Personally I thought  lots happened last episode.

Spoiler
Setting up a Gus <> Lalo showdown was huge
[close]

Now for me that’s the problem with prequels as we all kinda already know how it goes so there’s no real suspense to it.

Really enjoying this season though, not as much as the earlier ones as I think the writing has dropped off a bit since the Chuck days but it’s still a good show. My only real interest now is what happens to Kim! I do have a sneaky feeling she will somehow end up…..

Spoiler
In prison! And that very important phone call Saul was telling Francesca about on his birthday in the last episode of Breaking Bad is Kim calling him to wish him happy birthday
[close]

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1595 on: May 14, 2022, 08:24:26 pm »
Now for me that’s the problem with prequels as we all kinda already know how it goes so there’s no real suspense to it.

Really enjoying this season though, not as much as the earlier ones as I think the writing has dropped off a bit since the Chuck days but it’s still a good show. My only real interest now is what happens to Kim! I do have a sneaky feeling she will somehow end up…..

Spoiler
In prison! And that very important phone call Saul was telling Francesca about on his birthday in the last episode of Breaking Bad is Kim calling him to wish him happy birthday
[close]

I’ve seen a few say this regarding it being a prequel, but personally don’t agree with it. Yes, we know the likes of Jimmy, Mike and Gus all survive and what they become. So on a purely plot level, there’s not much intrigue, beyond the Kim question. But for me the show is much more interested in the why and the how. What happens to Jimmy to make him the kind of person who tells Walter he should just murder Badger?

So for me, it’s more about the journey than the destination. 

Offline Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1596 on: May 17, 2022, 12:37:19 am »
I’m starting to think Kim married Jimmy/Saul so that he doesn’t have to testify against her, not the other way round.

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1597 on: May 17, 2022, 08:58:57 am »
Spoiler
loved that episode, the tension is really building and some proper badass Lalo behaviour
[close]

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
« Reply #1598 on: May 17, 2022, 12:11:14 pm »
I'm torn between thinking that all the pegs of backstory that the show hangs on are a free framework for the writers to launch off, or a restriction that forces certain conclusions. The fact that the episodes so far flow so well and that we are suspending disbelief whilst watching people we have seen die in previous years is testament to craft. It still could get boring though if all it is meant to do is tie up loose ends. The follow up to the Lord of the Rings (the Silmarillion) is unreadable because Tolkien thought everything needed explaining.
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1599 on: May 17, 2022, 12:51:44 pm »
wow that cold open

Spoiler
So Kim was taught from an early age that there are no consequences for breaking the law.  This really isn't going to go well for her is it.

Kim also clocked the "Vacuum man" business card in the dodgy vets black book.

As others have suggested in this thread.  Vacuum man could have made Kim disappear during the Breaking Bad timeline.
[close]