Author Topic: FC Barcelona  (Read 771449 times)

Offline Samie

• The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: FC Barcelona
« Reply #9560 on: August 8, 2022, 08:02:32 pm »
Whilst they’re being allowed to sign (if not yet register) all these players, I wonder just how long their list of creditors is exactly? I don’t mean De Jong’s 17m or fees due agents etc, but the small contractors that are owed 10s or even 100s of thousands and the like. There’s an attitude here that is morally reprehensible. Don’t understand why they aren’t being threatened with bankruptcy proceedings.

They are simply too big to be wiped out mate.  I mean if Spain doesn't have Real and Barca then they're fucked. That reason alone means they will always survive.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #9561 on: August 8, 2022, 08:02:36 pm »
Are they bringing in the Chelsea murderer left wing back too now? For actual money? What an insane window this is.
Proud Legacy Supporter of Liverpool Soccer Franchise™

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vær modig. Tag risici. Der er kun én værdig.
« Reply #9562 on: August 8, 2022, 08:05:43 pm »
They are simply too big to be wiped out mate.  I mean if Spain doesn't have Real and Barca then they're fucked. That reason alone means they will always survive.
I get that, but why aren’t they being shamed and dragged kicking and screaming to pay up. This excuse about “criminality” in trying to pull a fast one with FDJ, if that were me I’d thank them for that comment and cite it front and centre of a legal application.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9563 on: August 8, 2022, 10:23:33 pm »
Are they bringing in the Chelsea murderer left wing back too now? For actual money? What an insane window this is.
He fits their profile of "not very good and over 30".

Offline Wghennessy

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #9564 on: August 8, 2022, 10:28:17 pm »
I get that, but why aren’t they being shamed and dragged kicking and screaming to pay up. This excuse about “criminality” in trying to pull a fast one with FDJ, if that were me I’d thank them for that comment and cite it front and centre of a legal application.

Pay up for what? They dont owe FDJ that money yet so i have no idea why people keep saying they do.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9565 on: August 8, 2022, 10:32:37 pm »
Pay up for what? They dont owe FDJ that money yet so i have no idea why people keep saying they do.

They owe him millions in deferred wages don't they ?
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Classycara

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9566 on: August 8, 2022, 10:50:08 pm »

Didn't Barca pull out of a verbal agreement to sign Azpilecueta cos they couldn't register him? So now they're turning to the 31 year old Alonso, who they have to pay actual money to? Bizarre.

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #9567 on: August 8, 2022, 11:31:35 pm »
The equally bizarre other side of the De Jong thing is that he’s a better player than all the ones they’re bringing in, except maybe Lewandowski.  I get that selling him would bring in a fee and get some big wages off the books - but aren’t those savings neutralised pretty much immediately by at most two or three of their new signings?  Who aren’t as good as him.  What am I missing for this to make sense on any level?!

Offline davidlpool1982

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9568 on: August 8, 2022, 11:50:42 pm »

If you believe what they are saying (contract was illegal so should defer to old terms) then they do. His wages were more than he was being paid under the "illegal" so they've paid him less than what he should have been. So if they want to refer back that to the old contract they literally owe him money.

Offline Tokyoite

• Main Stander
« Reply #9569 on: August 9, 2022, 08:10:22 am »
Wonder what other bs they will pull by the end of the transfer window. Embarrassing club and their fans are even worse for defending this behaviour.

What I also find mental is that despite all of this drama, De Jong still apparently wants to stay and play for them  :butt
« Last Edit: August 9, 2022, 10:22:20 am by Tokyoite »

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9570 on: August 9, 2022, 08:52:20 am »

I may have this wrong but from what I’ve read, he was on a very big contract which he agreed to defer some of the wages to help their financial situation. Now they’re trying to claim that original very big contract was illegal and so he isn’t going to get any of the wages he deferred.
Rafa Benitez: "I’ll always keep in my heart the good times I’ve had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager."

Online afc turkish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #9571 on: August 9, 2022, 10:43:30 am »
I may have this wrong but from what I’ve read, he was on a very big contract which he agreed to defer some of the wages to help their financial situation. Now they’re trying to claim that original very big contract was illegal and so he isn’t going to get any of the wages he deferred.

Mes que un deferred wage packet...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9572 on: August 9, 2022, 10:55:16 am »
Martin Braithwaite got jeered by their fans because he had the temerity to not receive wages from Barcelona... Absolutely horrible set of c*nts from top to bottom. Fold the fucking thing and do society a favour.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9573 on: August 9, 2022, 11:04:02 am »
Martin Braithwaite got jeered by their fans because he had the temerity to not receive wages from Barcelona... Absolutely horrible set of c*nts from top to bottom. Fold the fucking thing and do society a favour.

Too big to fail.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #9574 on: August 9, 2022, 01:02:46 pm »
Barca are acting like a teen who's stolen daddy's credit card this summer. Absolutely pathetic.
Linudden.

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9575 on: August 9, 2022, 01:52:04 pm »
They've always been a fucking disgrace in their behaviour. But they've gone fucking mad this time.

The maddest part though is - ignoring the players - why are clubs doing business with them.

They're not going to pay for the players they're signing...

Offline Red Berry

• Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9576 on: August 9, 2022, 01:55:43 pm »
Wonder what other bs they will pull by the end of the transfer window. Embarrassing club and their fans are even worse for defending this behaviour.

What I also find mental is that despite all of this drama, De Jong still apparently wants to stay and play for them  :butt

Seems to be a grudge thing right now, like angry sex. :D

More likely, he's just being professional.  He's probably worried if he leaves, Barcelona will find a way to welch on their deal.  They're trying hard enough as it is.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vær modig. Tag risici. Der er kun én værdig.
« Reply #9577 on: August 9, 2022, 02:05:21 pm »
They've always been a fucking disgrace in their behaviour. But they've gone fucking mad this time.

The maddest part though is - ignoring the players - why are clubs doing business with them.

They're not going to pay for the players they're signing...
I don’t get this either. Surely clubs and agents are now acutely aware of their reputation for not paying fees, bonuses, and now salaries, and would avoid them like the plague. Even going back to Coutinho, where LFC eventually sold the outstanding fees Barcelona owed us onto a “third party”.

As for De Jong, it’s obvious they are still taking advantage of the fact he really doesn’t want to leave, despite their outrageous behaviour towards him. Selling him to United behind his back…well, it’s tantamount to human trafficking isn’t it? ;D
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9578 on: August 9, 2022, 03:15:36 pm »
They can't register or pay their players but about to spend another £50m. How they managing this one?

Origi finished them.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #9579 on: August 9, 2022, 04:33:54 pm »
As a business they are solvent. They had a huge amount of short term debt that they reorganised into long term debt.

Their problem now is the leagues FFP rules which are (quite hilariously) crippling them.

Mind you, their ling term debt is of real significance. It will impact them, but they seem to have a bizarre notion that they can just spend their way out of this mess
« Last Edit: August 9, 2022, 04:36:26 pm by TepidT2O »
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #9580 on: August 9, 2022, 05:23:24 pm »
As a business they are solvent. They had a huge amount of short term debt that they reorganised into long term debt.

Their problem now is the leagues FFP rules which are (quite hilariously) crippling them.

Mind you, their ling term debt is of real significance. It will impact them, but they seem to have a bizarre notion that they can just spend their way out of this mess

Are you sure? The La Liga FFP as posted before is generally revenue - wages = spending limit. If they were a positive cash-flow then they wouldn't be leveraging everything not bolted down to boost their revenue for their spending to be allowed and register the players. I believe it's even been noted that their expected wage bill will have grown in relation to last year in which they lost ~€150m. And now they're locking themselves into 25 years of lower revenue to boot.

In other news, the illegal contract stuff has to be a ruse. There's no way they can actually believe that would go anywhere as they would just be suing themselves since the previous board was acting as agents of the club. But since Pique wants to be club president some day he'll go along with it which will just ramp up pressure on De Jong and the others to do the same. Sound like Busquets will go along with it as well. Anything to stay on the good side of the socios.

Offline Red Berry

• Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9581 on: August 9, 2022, 06:10:18 pm »
Messi should buy them when he retires. Assuming they've not gone bust by then.

Popcorn's Art

Offline I've been a good boy.

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9582 on: August 9, 2022, 09:09:52 pm »
Messi should buy them when he retires. Assuming they've not gone bust by then.
Even after he buys them, he'll probably want to be paid an astronomical salary.

Offline Red Berry

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9583 on: August 9, 2022, 10:15:24 pm »
Even after he buys them, he'll probably want to be paid an astronomical salary.

The guy may be a generational talent, but he's also a parasite that sucked the club he professed to love dry. What's he worth now? Half a billion? And that's all Barca's money.

*a quick google reveals an estimated worth in excess of £300m. I think, given shady accounting, tax avoidance, off the books payments etc, it's probably way more than that though.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #9584 on: August 9, 2022, 11:20:45 pm »
Even going back to Coutinho, where LFC eventually sold the outstanding fees Barcelona owed us onto a “third party”.
I didn’t know about this.  What’s the figures, how much of a hit did we take on the overall fee?

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• A cow, a moose and a dog walk into a bar. Knows a thing or two about cars and stuff. No really! Knows only a thing or two. And loves his kebab. Who doesn't? Oh. And a Mazdamaniac!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #9585 on: August 10, 2022, 08:28:53 am »
I didn’t know about this.  What’s the figures, how much of a hit did we take on the overall fee?

4m or 4.5m IIRC

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #9586 on: August 10, 2022, 08:36:37 am »
Cha Cha is pretty much spot on; Barca paid two chunks of €26m, then an additional €66m that was comprised of €4.4m per 15 games over the first two seasons.

We then obviously didn’t trust on Barca’s follow through so sold the remaining €40m or so to the debt management company, ‘losing’ €4.5m in the process. Definitely the right move in retrospect.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9587 on: August 10, 2022, 10:50:39 am »
It's interesting that a debt-collection company can enforce debts are met whilst football clubs - all under the umbrella of FIFA (and in the case of Barcelona and the clubs they owe money to, UEFA) - can't.

Barcelona are going to test the "too big to fail" theory to the nth degree.  It didn't work out too well for Rangers but I appreciate the SPL and La Liga are different beasts.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #9588 on: August 10, 2022, 03:19:53 pm »
New signings Andreas Christensen and Franck Kessie could both leave Barcelona for free if they are not registered before Saturday's LaLiga opener against Rayo Vallecano, various sources have confirmed to ESPN.

[...]

Fellow summer arrivals Robert Lewandowski, Raphinha and Jules Kounde are also yet to be inscribed with LaLiga, while the contract renewals signed by Sergi Roberto and Ousmane Dembele have not been registered either.

ESPN understands Christensen and Kessie's situations are slightly different, though, given they joined Barca for free. Therefore, if they so choose, they would be entitled to leave for free before the transfer window closes.

More here: https://www.espn.com/soccer/soccer-transfers/story/4718067/barcelona-signings-christensen-kessie-could-leave-club-on-free-transfers-if-not-registered-in-time

Offline Trump's tiny tiny hands

• Legacy Fan
  • Building steam with a grain of salt
« Reply #9589 on: August 10, 2022, 03:23:45 pm »
In that article above:

"while the contract renewals signed by Sergi Roberto and Ousmane Dembele have not been registered either."

I'm guessing that is why Gavi still hasn't signed anything?

Offline Samie

• The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9590 on: August 10, 2022, 03:43:29 pm »

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9591 on: August 10, 2022, 03:44:28 pm »

Reported by whom - Barcelona? Those seem so wrong.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9592 on: August 10, 2022, 03:45:20 pm »
Those are their "Official" numbers.  ;D

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9593 on: August 10, 2022, 03:48:25 pm »
Those are their "Official" numbers.  ;D

haha that's what I thought.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9594 on: August 10, 2022, 03:48:30 pm »
I can see why Umtiti's happy to see out his contract  :o

I've seen other sources quote De Jong's salary as being £300k more than the £164k in that image.  Is the image showing the salaries post some players agreeing temporary reductions? 

Edit: the first image is Barca propaganda?  Umtiti - who they've publicly stated they want out of the club - goes from near the bottom to near the top.  Very cunning Baldrick.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2022, 03:51:16 pm by thaddeus »

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9595 on: August 10, 2022, 03:51:00 pm »
The first chart is showing figures on what Barca say their stars are getting from them minus sponsors and image rights.  ;D

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #9596 on: August 10, 2022, 04:27:45 pm »
It's interesting that a debt-collection company can enforce debts are met whilst football clubs - all under the umbrella of FIFA (and in the case of Barcelona and the clubs they owe money to, UEFA) - can't.

Barcelona are going to test the "too big to fail" theory to the nth degree.  It didn't work out too well for Rangers but I appreciate the SPL and La Liga are different beasts.

It's not always about getting paid at all, but getting money in now (sacrificing a percentage in the process)

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Musketeer Gripweed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9597 on: August 10, 2022, 04:30:46 pm »
Some of those salaries are obscene. No wonder everyone wants to go there. ;D

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9598 on: August 10, 2022, 05:24:23 pm »

Makes Risdale' Leeds look like FSG.

Offline Red Berry

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9599 on: August 10, 2022, 07:00:41 pm »
Some of those salaries are obscene. No wonder everyone wants to go there. ;D

And little wonder they want to leave. ;)

They honestly should have sold Messi when they had the chance instead of holding onto him for one more season.

Popcorn's Art