Author Topic: Newcastle - RIP Jamal Khashoggi; Free Salma al-Shehab  (Read 1923775 times)

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Newcastle - RIP Jamal Khashoggi; Free Salma al-Shehab
« Reply #20480 on: December 7, 2022, 04:33:59 am »
Genuinely revolting stuff from Biden.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #20481 on: December 7, 2022, 04:42:13 am »

All about boosting oil production
« Last Edit: December 7, 2022, 05:17:31 am by BarryCrocker »
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #20482 on: December 8, 2022, 01:12:00 pm »
An amusing sub-genre emerging on Twitter from the NUFC family of top lads. Apparently Howe is better than Klopp.

14 games into the season.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #20483 on: December 8, 2022, 05:58:32 pm »
An amusing sub-genre emerging on Twitter from the NUFC family of top lads. Apparently Howe is better than Klopp.

The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20484 on: December 8, 2022, 07:32:45 pm »

Better at what exactly? Absolute fucking morons aren’t they?

Online Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20485 on: December 8, 2022, 07:54:42 pm »

Fist bumps all round. Guys a wanker.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline blacksun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20486 on: December 8, 2022, 10:56:44 pm »

Great!!! Lets hope the Saudis believe that and keep him for 10 years, they sure as shit wont win anything big with him in charge

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20487 on: December 9, 2022, 06:08:09 am »
So much for mooted new PL rules on owner linked deals. :-\

Don't they have to be vetted by the PL if they are above £1 million pounds?

Noon, Fly Saudia and STC all owned by PIF.

And they just announced another PIF owned company deal while over there in Riyadh, a eSports company called Savvy Gaming will be their official gaming partner.

And last week the news broke that Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, through a foundation, had acquired 96% ownership in Japanese game developer SNK, the maker of MohFatal Fury, Metal Slug, and The King of Fighters. Saudi Arabia’s Public Investment Fund, which provided the money for Savvy’s deal, also bought stakes above 5% in both Capcom and Nexon, reportedly for more than $1 billion for each stake./b]

« Last Edit: December 9, 2022, 06:17:18 am by RedSince86 »
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #20488 on: January 5, 2023, 09:26:13 am »
It is pretty mad that their only defeat all season in what, 17 games, is a last minute defeat against us. Which ironically they would of hung on for a point without the fake injuries/time wasting

Those expecting them to drop off may be disappointed. They’ll get European football this year for sure

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #20489 on: January 6, 2023, 01:23:56 pm »

Not directly to do with Newcastle - but an insight into their owners... and attempts to influence what appears online / gather information to take action against those posting online....

'Saudi Arabia jails two Wikipedia staff in ‘bid to control content’':-

Administrators jailed for 32 years, and eight years, as activists warn of ploy to infiltrate website

www.theguardian.com/technology/2023/jan/05/saudi-arabia-jails-two-wikipedia-staff-in-bid-to-control-content

on the back of this in mid-December...

'Former Twitter employee sentenced to more than three years in prison for spying for Saudi Arabia':-

A former Twitter employee found guilty of spying on users on behalf of the Saudi royal family has been sentenced to three and a half years in prison.

www.cnbc.com/2022/12/16/ex-twitter-employee-sentenced-to-over-3-years-in-prison-for-spying-for-saudi-arabia.html
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Online Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #20490 on: January 6, 2023, 02:12:13 pm »
Not directly to do with Newcastle -

I disagree Jason. It's exactly what this thread should be used for.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20491 on: January 6, 2023, 02:25:59 pm »
They're going after 911 families now.

My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20492 on: January 6, 2023, 03:46:00 pm »
It is pretty mad that their only defeat all season in what, 17 games, is a last minute defeat against us. Which ironically they would of hung on for a point without the fake injuries/time wasting

Those expecting them to drop off may be disappointed. They’ll get European football this year for sure
They're not very good, a genuinely poor set of players, Guimares aside who would you take at Liverpool?

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #20493 on: January 6, 2023, 03:49:14 pm »
Probably take Jonjo Shelvey and Dwight Gayle right now
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline MJD-L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Mellor, lovely cushioned header...For GERRAAARD!"
« Reply #20494 on: January 6, 2023, 03:53:33 pm »
They're not very good, a genuinely poor set of players, Guimares aside who would you take at Liverpool?

As it stands, I'd take pretty much their entire midfield.     :(

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20495 on: January 6, 2023, 05:20:35 pm »
Botman and Guimaraes no doubt.

Botman has looked brilliant for them, a player that was on our radar a couple of seasons ago that Horrible January window.

Baffling how we were never in for Guimaraes, a bonafide Gini replacement if ever you saw one.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20496 on: January 6, 2023, 06:03:22 pm »
Botman and Guimaraes no doubt.

Botman has looked brilliant for them, a player that was on our radar a couple of seasons ago that Horrible January window.

Baffling how we were never in for Guimaraes, a bonafide Gini replacement if ever you saw one.
He's no better than what we have, Guimares I'll grant you though.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #20497 on: January 6, 2023, 06:10:48 pm »

Isak looked pretty good on his debut at Anfield, not played much yet. They're the main two. Saint Maxim you'd take over Ox on the left for sure but not when everyone is fit.

Other than that it's a very mediocre squad on paper.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline lfc_col

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
« Reply #20498 on: January 6, 2023, 06:12:10 pm »
I disagree Jason. It's exactly what this thread should be used for.

Makes you wonder what there up to behind the scenes too wonder what else there trying to influence
We Won It Six Times

JFT 97

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20499 on: January 6, 2023, 06:59:44 pm »
Bloody racists,they wouldn't be scared if it wasn't a terrorist supporting state that is run by a murdering scumbag.

Saudi-Backed LIV Golf Is Using PGA Suit to Get Data on 9/11 Families, Court Told

Saudi Arabia-financed LIV Golf and its feud with PGA Tour Inc. has divided fans, tested players’ allegiances and sparked legal battles.

It’s now taken a more sinister turn.

LIV, backed by the $676 billion Saudi sovereign wealth fund, was accused on Tuesday of using its US lawsuit against PGA to “build an intelligence file” on families of 9/11 victims who have been critical of the kingdom and its new professional golf circuit. The upstart has countered that the PGA is secretly running a “smear campaign” to take it down.

At the heart of the matter is PGA’s public-relations firm, Clout Public Affairs. Led by an ex-chief of staff to US Senator Ted Cruz, one of its other clients is 9/11 Justice, which is involved in a separate suit against Saudi Arabia related to the 2001 terror attacks and other atrocities, including the murder of Washington Post journalist Jamal Khashoggi.

Now Clout is also challenging a subpoena issued by LIV and accusing the tour of tapping a third-party firm to track the 9/11 group.

“LIV has brazenly hired a firm in the United States to track and monitor the activities of these 9/11 victims and families, while simultaneously, through the underlying lawsuit, using antitrust discovery to now sift Clout’s communications with these families, even if they have nothing to do with LIV, golf, or golfers,” Clout said in the filing.

LIV’s lawyer, Keith Frost of Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, didn’t immediately respond to a message seeking comment.

The legal wrangling marks a dramatic escalation in the fight between the two competing golf circuits, which until now has largely centered around the Saudi project luring some of the sport’s biggest stars, including Phil Mickelson and Cameron Smith, with huge paychecks and unconventional tournaments.

‘Sportswash’ Accusations

LIV critics have argued Saudi Arabia is using its splashy golf events — including two hosted at properties owned by former President Donald Trump — to “sportswash” the kingdom’s well-documented human-rights abuses. When PGA began suspending players who left for LIV, the Saudi tour sued, calling the PGA an “entrenched monopolist” that was trying to choke off its supply of star golfers.

As part of the evidence-gathering process, LIV demanded that Clout hand over its communications with the PGA and any internal documents about the US tour. LIV last month sued to enforce the subpoena, arguing that the US golf tour had hired Clout in part to arrange for 9/11 families to protest at LIV events. LIV said it didn’t buy the PGA’s claim that it needed to protect US golf from the “taint” of Saudi Arabia.

“As it turns out, the PGA Tour itself has been secretly fomenting the very anti-Saudi sentiment that it now uses to justify its illegal conduct,” LIV said in a motion to force Clout to comply with the subpoena.

LIV has said the PGA turned over evidence in the antitrust case demonstrating that it “organized and likely funded” the 9/11 families’ protests.

Clout is balking at LIV’s demands, contending it violates the First Amendment privilege between Clout and its client. It blasted the upstart for suggesting that the PGA needed to coordinate anti-Saudi sentiment in the US, accusing LIV of being in a “dream world.”

“LIV’s casual assumption that it is a simple golf league that was suddenly smeared with an unexpected political attack is utterly false,” Clout said. “LIV was conceived as a PR vehicle by Kingdom consultants as a last-ditch effort to dull the massive public backlash from the Khashoggi murder and other current events.”

Read More: Saudi Wealth Fund Claims Immunity in PGA-LIV Golf US Court Fight

Clout’s president is David Polyansky, who, along with serving as Cruz’s chief of staff, was a senior adviser to Scott Walker’s 2016 presidential campaign. Chief Operating Officer Samantha Dravis worked at the Environmental Protection Agency during the Trump administration.

Clout said the firm and 9/11 Justice have a “reasonable fear” that disclosure of their internal communications “will provoke retaliation.”

It said the subpoena could reveal phone numbers, individual names and email addresses, or information about plans to continue criticizing Saudi Arabia — all of which “could well lead to hacking or other retaliation.”

The case is LIV Golf v. Clout Public Affairs, 22-mc-00126, US District Court, District of Columbia (Washington, DC).

Offline JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20500 on: January 6, 2023, 07:08:48 pm »
Bloody racists,they wouldn't be scared if it wasn't a terrorist supporting state that is run by a murdering scumbag.
Sinister stuff.
I think they just need to give ‘legally binding assurances’ that they’re not keeping track of 9/11 families and it will all be ok.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20501 on: January 6, 2023, 07:24:20 pm »
Sinister stuff.
I think they just need to give ‘legally binding assurances’ that they’re not keeping track of 9/11 families and it will all be ok.

Careful J,your post is bordering on xenophobic,it's just a cultural thing ;)

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20502 on: January 6, 2023, 07:30:28 pm »
Imagine, if you will, a bloodthirsty human rights abusing ownership regime, but from Central Africa instead of the Middle East?, and not with a cabal of prepaid off journalists, the colour of money?, the colour of the payers is the key thing.

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #20503 on: January 7, 2023, 07:58:13 pm »
Haha...fuck off you jumped up twats!
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20504 on: January 7, 2023, 09:22:11 pm »
Haha...fuck off you jumped up twats!

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20505 on: January 7, 2023, 10:10:48 pm »
Just watched this, I'm sure the supporters that are "deserving of success" are completely on board with having these barbarians as their saviours.

https://youtu.be/4DVah3bZlV8

Online Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20506 on: January 7, 2023, 11:40:55 pm »
Worrying scenes at the away end (Leppings Lane) today, look at the tunnel in the lower tier and the large number of fans clearly being crushed up against those in front of them.

Fuck sakes, just raise the fucking thing to the floor.

https://twitter.com/kellycates/status/1611866859149598720?s=46&t=PIJm2CMvkeU-F9itWsdtVQ

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20507 on: January 8, 2023, 12:39:55 am »
Daz is a right c*nt.

As for the stand,it should've been demolished 30 fucking years ago.

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #20508 on: January 8, 2023, 01:30:54 am »
Daz is a right c*nt.

As for the stand,it should've been demolished 30 fucking years ago.
Without a doubt.

Offline Jambo Power

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20509 on: January 8, 2023, 04:01:34 am »
Worrying scenes at the away end (Leppings Lane) today, look at the tunnel in the lower tier and the large number of fans clearly being crushed up against those in front of them.

Fuck sakes, just raise the fucking thing to the floor.

https://twitter.com/kellycates/status/1611866859149598720?s=46&t=PIJm2CMvkeU-F9itWsdtVQ

How do you raise something to the floor? You want to raze it to the ground surely?

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #20510 on: January 8, 2023, 08:23:01 am »

I expect nothing less from Biden.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20511 on: January 8, 2023, 11:35:49 am »
I expect nothing less from Biden.

The other c*nt danced with them.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #20512 on: January 8, 2023, 12:10:15 pm »
These have turned into a genuinely revolting fanbase and club
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Online The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20513 on: January 8, 2023, 12:11:45 pm »
Shame they lost.

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20514 on: January 8, 2023, 01:15:08 pm »
These have turned into a genuinely revolting fanbase and club

They’ve always been, just under the radar. Everyone’s second team etc. never liked them. Seen some disgusting behavior by their traveling fans over the years
Drunk coked up wankers but they take their tops off so sky loves them.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #20515 on: January 8, 2023, 01:22:01 pm »
They’ve always been, just under the radar. Everyone’s second team etc. never liked them. Seen some disgusting behavior by their traveling fans over the years
Drunk coked up wankers but they take their tops off so sky loves them.

Fat horsepunchers now with extra slave blood
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline mickl

• many mickls makes a muckl
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #20516 on: January 8, 2023, 08:54:31 pm »
Newcastle United should be the freshest team in the league, given their average playing time is around 20 minutes per match, with all the rest time wasting.

Although Everton should be even fresher, given that they’ve played no football at all.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20517 on: January 9, 2023, 11:13:24 pm »
I see that the Saudi rule that unmarried couples can’t live together is being waved for Ronaldo. Allah favours the rich, it seems.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #20518 on: January 10, 2023, 04:23:36 am »
The other c*nt danced with them.

They can be both horrendous Presidents, you know mate.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20519 on: January 12, 2023, 06:00:47 pm »
Celebrating a semi.  ;D

https://twitter.com/BBCSport/status/1613592479512526873

Joelinton has been charged with drink-driving after being stopped by police in the early hours of the morning.