Jim Beglin
Ian Darke
Seb Hutchinson
Karen Carney
Alan Parry
David Coulthard
Mark Webber
Ian Wright-late option

Author Topic: Who is the best pundit? 2021 edition  (Read 1047085 times)

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Who is the best pundit? 2021 edition
« Reply #9520 on: August 22, 2022, 11:05:21 am »
Shame there's not more in media like Ian Wright. I don't say that because he seems to like us but because he's fair. That's all you want really.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #9521 on: August 22, 2022, 11:16:43 am »
If it wasn’t for Liverpool, this fucking league would be shit.” -  Ian Wright.

^ https://twitter.com/Watch_LFC/status/1561431233237852161 (with 30 second video)

I think he's a dude :)
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Online Bread

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9522 on: August 22, 2022, 11:29:20 am »

^ https://twitter.com/Watch_LFC/status/1561431233237852161 (with 30 second video)

I find it astonishing that this sentiment isn't echoed more often. If it weren't for us, City would have won the league 5 years in a row and it'd have been by a landslide points margin every time.

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9523 on: August 22, 2022, 04:26:08 pm »
unfortunate that the likes of the rat and carra gets all the media time when all they talk is the party line

thats how media is run anyway. We are living in the world of idiocracy.

honest folks like wright doesn't generate enough "banter" and "trolls" to be given more air time.

and honestly i dont actually think he is a liverpool fan but fan of football in general. If the other club that is pushing the Oil c*nts to the limit he would be echoing the same sentiments.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2022, 04:32:49 pm by xbugawugax »

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9524 on: August 22, 2022, 10:02:18 pm »
Disgraceful from SKY tonight. Puke-inducing.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9525 on: August 22, 2022, 10:23:13 pm »
Disgraceful from SKY tonight. Puke-inducing.

I muted it when Carragher said the last time Van Dijk and Gomez played together was the 7-2 away to Villa and this one could be the same score. Get away to f**k with that

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9526 on: August 22, 2022, 10:25:18 pm »
Don't watch Sky, it's very very simple, for a start none of you should be giving them your money, watch a stream even if it's in Swahili, they'll still make more sense to you than Ratboy and the Turncoat.

Online RedBec1993

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9527 on: August 22, 2022, 11:16:29 pm »
The screaming cheering when they scored from
Neville!! Carra seems really eager to criticise Virgil first opportunity he gets.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #9528 on: August 22, 2022, 11:28:56 pm »
I fucking hate sky
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9529 on: August 22, 2022, 11:45:24 pm »
Neville!! Carra seems really eager to criticise Virgil first opportunity he gets.

Carra is awful. He has a dubious character. He showed it as a player - remember him bullying arbeloa, not backing rafa in fight against hicks and Gillette. And now he’s a very self serving pundit that says whenever he needs to to stay relevant
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9530 on: August 22, 2022, 11:48:10 pm »
Carra is awful. He has a dubious character. He showed it as a player - remember him bullying arbeloa, not backing rafa in fight against hicks and Gillette. And now he’s a very self serving pundit that says whenever he needs to to stay relevant
Always think it's interesting how this gets used against Carra and never Gerrard or any of the other players in that squad, including the ones who took the first opportunity they could to jump ship. Funny that.

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9531 on: August 22, 2022, 11:51:40 pm »
Carragher is a fucking twat. Zero hesitation laying into Trent when he was poor but conversely not a word when ge did well in the early head to heads with Elanga or with some of his passes which were brilliant.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #9532 on: August 22, 2022, 11:52:02 pm »
Carragher is a gobshite.

I'm so sick and tired of football broadcasting being a banter competition. No other sport does this, no other sport would get away with it. A little bit of fucking professionalism and dispassionate analysis of the sport is all that we ask, but @crucialvestergaard and @chelsea19482284 retweet Sky's stupid videos a billion times so we get what we deserve.

Sky sucking itself off all year for inventing football 30 years ago. Not content with that, they've decided to kill cricket as well.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Online RedBec1993

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9533 on: August 23, 2022, 12:00:56 am »

He does it with Trent aswell, which fair enough he’s a pundit. But he just goes over the top with Virgil and Trent. Maybe because the expectation of them both is so high,  I don’t know.  It’s just the raving from sky about united, like they were amazing, they weren’t. We were just very poor.

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #9534 on: August 23, 2022, 01:21:42 am »
Somehow Sky went even beyond their usual tonight and it was truly vomit inducing. Anyone left on the fence before tonight surely can no longer be. They showed their hand the entire way through. Cancelling them tomorrow as is my Da.

Online Kalito

• Legacy Fan
  • ***JFT97***
« Reply #9535 on: August 23, 2022, 01:48:58 am »
Once a Blue, always a Blue.

"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Mr Bill Shankly

"be careful of media, they can make you hate the oppressed and love the oppressors." - Malcolm X

The notion that an Occupier is defending itself is as absurd as the notion that the rapist is defending itself from the victim.

Offline Learpholl

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9536 on: August 23, 2022, 08:28:50 am »
Nedum Onuoha has been great on Football Weekly. Really honest and actually has opinions. First heard him on Football Cliches and he was very entertaining on that, delighted he's getting more work.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9537 on: August 23, 2022, 08:52:41 am »
Nedum Onuoha has been great on Football Weekly. Really honest and actually has opinions. First heard him on Football Cliches and he was very entertaining on that, delighted he's getting more work.

He's really good. If you get the chance look up the interview he did with Graham Hunter on a Podcast where he talks about pundits and how they use lazy , tired sayings all the time which make no sense and how he'll talk about what's going on not about something where he has an agenda. It's a great listen.

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #9538 on: August 23, 2022, 08:57:40 am »
Yep, always thought he was a great listen when he’d show up on ESPN videos.

But then that could also be because he’s alongside Nicol, Lebouef and Alejandro fucking Moreno.
AHA!

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #9539 on: August 23, 2022, 09:00:12 am »

Because since Virg signed nobody talked about Carragher anymore, or would have him in the conversation as our best PL defender.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9540 on: August 23, 2022, 09:03:09 am »
Somehow Sky went even beyond their usual tonight and it was truly vomit inducing. Anyone left on the fence before tonight surely can no longer be. They showed their hand the entire way through. Cancelling them tomorrow as is my Da.

It's always been MUTV but the way we're treated is bizarre. You'd think they'd be mindful of the fact a high number of their subscribers will be Liverpool fans. It's why our games get moved all the time ffs.

Online RedBec1993

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9541 on: August 23, 2022, 10:35:37 am »
Because since Virg signed nobody talked about Carragher anymore, or would have him in the conversation as our best PL defender.

Yeah that’s true. We were poor as a collective but I didn’t understand the eagerness to lay into Virgil. Trent is always a scapegoat for when we concede anyway, even if he was at fault for one. Can’t get tickets to the aways but think I’d rather not watch than listen to that lot.

Offline Kopenhagen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9542 on: August 23, 2022, 12:17:23 pm »

Yeah, like, many of us have despised them and the rat for years, but last night was another level. I used to give Carragher some slack but he's a disgrace honestly.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Kopenhagen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9543 on: August 23, 2022, 12:18:48 pm »
Yep, always thought he was a great listen when he’d show up on ESPN videos.

But then that could also be because he’s alongside Nicol, Lebouef and Alejandro fucking Moreno.

He was on MotD last season and was very good.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #9544 on: August 23, 2022, 12:29:55 pm »
Neville and Carragher are a pair of massive c*nts.

Both make football unbearable.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9545 on: August 23, 2022, 12:40:57 pm »
Neville and Carragher are a pair of massive c*nts.

Both make football unbearable.

Correct just have to turn tv down or find a station overseas showing it.

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9546 on: August 23, 2022, 12:58:06 pm »

I mean - he was never in that conversation.

He had longevity and what not - but Sami Hyypia was fundamentally a better CB than Carragher in every way. Likewise Agger. At his best Henchoz was a better CB aswell.

Online RedBec1993

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9547 on: August 23, 2022, 01:02:35 pm »
I do try give carra some slack, because I genuinely think he does love the club. But I just think he goes over the top in trying to not sound biased whilst sitting next to Martin Tyler the most biased person in the business!

Offline Red Ol

• 82 years in this crazy world and still plays with Lego
  • Legacy Fan
  • Children of the night. What music they make.
« Reply #9548 on: August 23, 2022, 01:12:09 pm »
The self indulgent MU love fest was truly nauseating yesterday. Gary Neville is an awful pundit, Carragher not much better … and Martin Tyler has always been shit but he’s now 10yrs past his shit sell by date and he still getting away with his obsequious puke inducing drivel. 

I can deal with a defeat. We had a poor day at the office. I just can’t stand the Sky coverage. If it’s not championing the darlings of old Trafford it’s the perpetuation of sports washing or the dumb ‘bantz’. It’s worse than ever. Am packing this lot in now (yes - I should have done it years ago) and will just have to make do with dodgy streams.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9549 on: August 23, 2022, 01:23:29 pm »
The self indulgent MU love fest was truly nauseating yesterday. Gary Neville is an awful pundit, Carragher not much better … and Martin Tyler has always been shit but he’s now 10yrs past his shit sell by date and he still getting away with his obsequious puke inducing drivel. 

I can deal with a defeat. We had a poor day at the office. I just can’t stand the Sky coverage. If it’s not championing the darlings of old Trafford it’s the perpetuation of sports washing or the dumb ‘bantz’. It’s worse than ever. Am packing this lot in now (yes - I should have done it years ago) and will just have to make do with dodgy streams.
Get yourself an IPTV sub mate, there's a thread about it in kne of the sub forums.

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9550 on: August 23, 2022, 01:25:11 pm »
I mean - he was never in that conversation.

He had longevity and what not - but Sami Hyypia was fundamentally a better CB than Carragher in every way. Likewise Agger. At his best Henchoz was a better CB aswell.

In reality he wasn't (Hyypia carried him), but after he left and we were a defensive shambles under Rodgers (and in Klopp's early seasons) he'd still get smoke blown up his arse on Sky or whatever with "they still need you at the back Jamie he he he" which he enjoyed. Plus he never won a league title here. Then Virg comes in and performs like a beast and wins the lot and nobody talks about Carragher anymore.

Offline klopptopia

• Anny Roader
« Reply #9551 on: August 23, 2022, 04:38:21 pm »
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2022/08/23/sorry-gary-neville-want-expert-analysis-not-fan-boy-antics/

Sadly i dont think most fans believe this now, would rather the "bantz"

would happily never listen to either of them on a MUFC or LFC game again

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9552 on: August 24, 2022, 08:53:03 am »
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2022/08/23/sorry-gary-neville-want-expert-analysis-not-fan-boy-antics/

Neville got a good rep when he started, mainly because of just how bad the coverage had got under Keys and Gray. Neville mimicked more the early 90s Andy Gray in offering some detailed analysis. He also wasn't biased, he kept his allegiances to himself for the most part. I remember when we stuffed them at Old Trafford in 13/14 looking like we'd win the league and he was full of praise and none of the hysterics about United IIRC.

It's that bad now that i'd rather have Keys and Gray back. Not that I listen to any of it now anyway but you can't always avoid the memes, the bitesize banter, the Keane rants, the tawdry arguments or the Neville monologues all over social media.

The worst thing that happened was Carragher joining because then it became all about the banter. Neville could take the mask off and start acting like he's on MUTV or the United equivalent of Arsenal Fan Tv. It's absolutely ridiculous, but it's Sky Sports all over - dumbing down for the masses. That parody video the other week that got millions of views, Carragher and Neville were buzzing their tits off it on Twitter. Not embarrassed but loving the attention. Pathetic the pair of them. Too shit and useless to be managers/succeed at management or coaching so resort to being parodies of themselves on a sofa and double down to keep the money rolling in.

« Last Edit: August 24, 2022, 08:57:50 am by Fromola »

Offline Jack_Bauer

• Kopite
« Reply #9553 on: August 27, 2022, 01:11:52 pm »
In reality he wasn't (Hyypia carried him), but after he left and we were a defensive shambles under Rodgers (and in Klopp's early seasons) he'd still get smoke blown up his arse on Sky or whatever with "they still need you at the back Jamie he he he" which he enjoyed. Plus he never won a league title here. Then Virg comes in and performs like a beast and wins the lot and nobody talks about Carragher anymore.
I'm sure he loves all the "Liverpool Would Have Won The League In 13/14 If You Stayed On Jamie" comments people like to throw about.

Offline Jack_Bauer

• Kopite
« Reply #9554 on: August 27, 2022, 01:13:31 pm »

Im sure the Sky/BT audiences want a proper analysis of the games and not the shitty "bantz" by the likes of Neville, Carragher, Richards and Jenas.

Offline Jack_Bauer

• Kopite
« Reply #9555 on: August 27, 2022, 01:19:09 pm »

He's not wrong either. This league the past 5 years without us being able to push City would be a lot worse than it has been. And it helps the PL prop up the Best League In The World" narrative.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #9556 on: August 28, 2022, 11:09:16 am »
Carl Anka is the pseudo-intellectual's pseudo-intellectual.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #9557 on: August 30, 2022, 07:49:34 am »
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #9558 on: August 30, 2022, 10:30:17 am »

:lmao :lmao

The man is an absolute basket case. I'm just surprised he didn't shoehorn something about Salah in there too.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline spen71

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9559 on: August 31, 2022, 10:26:32 pm »
Fuck off Fletch!  He talks some utter shite.