Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Atmosphere at Anfield
« Last post by Fromola on Today at 08:54:55 pm »
It's just becoming the norm regardless of KO time now. The people that go and watch are there for "the experience" rather than to support the team and its awful. Don't understand how it can be the case when the majority in the ground are those on 13+ and STHs. Just shows exactly how many tickets are being passed round for christ knows how much.

Probably but 3pm Saturdays are always a bad atmosphere.

See what the Rangers game brings. I think a lot of people are just pissed off, added to the fact they've changed the way tickets are sold.
while things arent great at the moment and we need to improve, i cant help but feel this season is going to be a strange one.

While its unlikely we can win the league, i still wouldnt rule it out.

the main reason for my thinking is the world cup. Has a potential to be a real game changer. could easily see teams like City, united, chelsea and Arsenal who will have a lot of players heavily involved going into a slump after playing a tournament in extremely warm conditions in the middle east. Its the AFCON multiplied imo.

Us, on the other hand, wont have many involved and this could well work in our favour. out of our squad who is going to be heavily involved?

Alisson- will likely start in goals for Brazil.
Robertson- didnt qualify
Van Dijk-will start for Holland obviously and from looking at the groups should play until the last 16 at least
Matip-Retired
Konate-Probably wont make the France squad.
Trent-may not make the england squad and if he does, he probably wont start.
Henderson-Will make the england squad but amazingly he probably wont start and will play back up to Declan Rice. who needs leadership eh. good for us though.
Thiago-not sure he will make the squad. hasnt in a while and if he does, probably wont play much.
Elliott-very unllikely to make England squad.
Fabinho-Will make the Brazil squad but likely to be  back up
Diaz-didnt qualify
Jota-Will play for Portugal.
Nunez-will play for Uruguay
Salah-didnt qualify
Firmino-may make squad but will be a back up most likely
Keita-didnt qualify
Jones-Wont make england squad.

thats 4 players including the goalkeeper who will likely start games for their respective countries.

Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Atmosphere at Anfield
« Last post by swoopy on Today at 08:53:55 pm »
3pm Saturdays are always like that.

It's just becoming the norm regardless of KO time now. The people that go and watch are there for "the experience" rather than to support the team and its awful. Don't understand how it can be the case when the majority in the ground are those on 13+ and STHs. Just shows exactly how many tickets are being passed round for christ knows how much.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Trent Alexander-Arnold
« Last post by killer-heels on Today at 08:53:40 pm »
The microscope, or should that be the big fucking telescope, is on him at the moment. The level of pressure he is under is incredible, being digged out by every knobhead neutral, England, Southgate and even some of our fans.

He needs to just get through the next 6 or 7 weeks, hopefully not get chosen for England so he can have a real break away from it all, more mentally rather than physically.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Jürgen Klopp
« Last post by JerseyKloppite on Today at 08:53:26 pm »
Sorry I find it hard to hide my disgust.

We have a once in a lifetime manager. We should be bending over backwards to give him what he wants. Because if you think we'll just pick another Klopp off a tree you're in for a rude awakening.
Well it's either that or I'll never see Liverpool win a league title and CL again in my lifetime.

Because if you think we'll just pull another manager like Klopp out of the bag you're in for a very rude and sad awakening.

You're now repeating yourself from earlier today. I should know, I've read your posts.

We get it, take a break now or you will have an enforced break for a little bit. Sometimes you need to step away from the keyboard for a bit and go for a walk.
Yep - we'll get through this slump and find form and the wins will come. The players and coaching team are too good (and have too much experience) for us not to. Our players that have been amongst the best in the world haven't suddenly forgotten how to play football.

It won't stop the tantrums on here, or the mad shouts about struggling to get top 4 when there's 93 points still available.

People can blame whoever or whatever they like, but as Lobo says - the best midfielder in the world doesn't make Trent, Virgil, Robbo, Fabinho (or anyone else) be suddenly back to their best, nor would it stop Jurgen bringing on Milner for Tsimikas, or Virgil letting a cross go right through him, or players be unable to string simple passes together. We started with Fabinho, Thiago and Henderson in midfield yet rarely had any control on the game. Something's definitely not right mentally and physically with many of the players, and Jurgen has his work cut out to find solutions.

Maybe a Steve Peters type external coach could work on the psychological side, as they're definitely not clicking or playing as a cohesive team - despite us almost winning the quadruple a few short months ago.

We just need to do the basics properly. The way we set up is high risk and high reward. It's great if everyone is on their game but they aren't and teams know exactly how to turn us over now and we're an easy mark at the moment.
News and Current Affairs / Re: Re: Fuel price
« Last post by redbyrdz on Today at 08:51:55 pm »
You probably can if you approach them individually but on the usual comparison websites, the offers aren't available (or they weren't). Might try again next week

I think it's more a case of the suppliers not knowing what sort of deal to put out. I'd imagine the government is not giving them any details until last minute, as always.

Also Wabo makes a good point - with rates capped, you probably pay pretty much the same everywhere. Though some companied might offer a better customer service etc, so changing might still.be worth it.
« Last post by newterp on Today at 08:50:58 pm »
I feel so sorry for Trent. He's an incredible player but this system is hanging him out to dry. On top of the crap from Southgate it can't be pleasant to be him right now. Wish that free kick had gone in today.

I don't think it's only the system. Trent has been very poor defensively in all situations the last 8 months.
« Last post by paddysour on Today at 08:48:48 pm »
I feel so sorry for Trent. He's an incredible player but this system is hanging him out to dry. On top of the crap from Southgate it can't be pleasant to be him right now. Wish that free kick had gone in today.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: The Anfield Wrap
« Last post by decosabute on Today at 08:46:55 pm »
I for one am glad Mr Rob Gutmann is back to overview the ass off the next month.

Love the Overview, but have no idea why it comes out right before we play our first game in weeks, which instantly renders it somewhat out of date. I hadn't had a chance to listen to it yet, and now us fucking up the Brighton game changes the picture completely and makes whatever is said on the show less meaningful.

Sorry, I know I'm nitpicking a bit, but just thought the timing was strange and it would've been nicer to have it some time during the past two weeks, when there was nothing to talk about anyway.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10