Author Topic: Fifa 20  (Read 13511 times)

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
Re: Fifa 20
« Reply #120 on: April 16, 2020, 03:04:51 pm »
I brought this game the other day on discount from the PS store, couple of things i've noticed already.

EA still seem unable to grasp, when the opposition keeper makes a save but parrys the ball which then is curling out of play for a corner, that in real life attacking players often let the ball run out of play for the corner, & not run & try & collect the ball thus often giving away a goal kick like they do in FIFA.

Also i've noticed the home team always starts the first half attacking left to right, meaning if you're playing Liverpool & are at Anfield you're attacking the Kop end in the first half, that's quite annoying
#Sausages

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #121 on: April 16, 2020, 03:08:22 pm »
I bought it when it came out for 50 notes, traded it in after a couple of weeks. It was in the Xbox sale for £23.99, bought it again, remembered why I got rid of it. Much prefer Pro Evo as a game, obviously FIFA hammers it with the licencing and stuff.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #122 on: April 16, 2020, 03:17:25 pm »
One of the worst FIFA games in my opinion.

That VOLTA bullshit tipped me over the edge.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #123 on: April 16, 2020, 03:39:04 pm »
WTF is that VOLTA stuff is supposed to be about anyway, not interested in playing it rather play the 11 vs 11 rather than the street shit, it's mostly the licensing which now includes the Champions League that you buy FIFA for really.
#Sausages

Offline Kuytinho

• Kopite
« Reply #124 on: April 16, 2020, 03:39:20 pm »
I bought it when it came out for 50 notes, traded it in after a couple of weeks. It was in the Xbox sale for £23.99, bought it again, remembered why I got rid of it. Much prefer Pro Evo as a game, obviously FIFA hammers it with the licencing and stuff.
I tried ''PES eFootball'', as it's now available for free and you can play it online. I had a few games and thought it was a million miles behind FIFA in almost every way. That's some achievement given the current state of the game. I'd say FIFA has been going downhill since FIFA 13, but it's still been better than PES for about 15 years in my opinion. Still - would recommend anyone fed up with FIFA to give it a go since it's free. Different games for different needs.

I stopped playing this FIFA regularly within 1 month of release. I've played some Pro Clubs and co-op here and there, and a couple of drafts, but it's far too bad and frustrating to invest time into IMO... Unless you happen to be stuck at home and looking for something to occupy yourself during a pandemic or something. Now I'm eyeing the co-op top 100 leaderboard. :D

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: April 16, 2020, 03:50:41 pm »
Each to their own matey, I enjoyed the actual football on PES (available for free on gamepass) more than FIFA, the weight of the ball and movement and stuff.  The actual presentation is shocking though and I don't mean the licencing. The menus are shocking for one. You're right though, neither set a high bar.

God Damn I miss Sensible Soccer.

Offline Andore

• Kemlynite
« Reply #126 on: May 3, 2020, 02:15:33 pm »
Thanks mate, I'll do that. I was also a bit put off by having to hand over all those credentials first - even if I change them in advance I'm still handing over complete control of the ea account, not just for fifa. Anyway I'll check it out some more, I won't do anything before next week, I have a ton of players and consumables tol sell off and the fifa servers seem to have been down most of the day, again... If I do try selling off I'll let you know how it goes.
I said I'd write back once I'd tried something - after a lot of doubts and trying to find a way of selling coins without handing over my account details (theres a reddit group which seems like a closed shop if you havent been a redditor for many years, another coin buying site where you trade players yourself to build up credits, but this was manual trading 2000 coins a time, and only paid out to skrill) I couldnt find anything better and ended up taking a punt on Aoeah. It went fine, I contacted their support on chat in advance, just to see if there was anyone there, seemed ok. Changed all my security info to random, and gave all my origin security info on the form. Got an email back after 12 hrs that they'd finished and would pay out within 30 mins. Got my account back fine, all 3 million coins taken, my players untouched (I'd requested to sell 2.6 just so I had a bit left, but not arsed really since I'm about finished for this season)  When I still hadnt got paid after another 12 hrs, contacted support again and they sent the money right away, no fuss and the full amount for the coins they'd taken. Got a little over 260usd after paypal fees, so I'm pretty happy with it considering I paid 60 for the game, played it a lot for 6 months and I've still got enough in untradeables and unsold players to keep going. I think I'll try it again next season but have a dedicated origin account just for fifa.

Offline JasonF

• Frenkie says "Ilaix, don't do it"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #127 on: May 6, 2020, 11:40:32 am »
I said I'd write back once I'd tried something - after a lot of doubts and trying to find a way of selling coins without handing over my account details (theres a reddit group which seems like a closed shop if you havent been a redditor for many years, another coin buying site where you trade players yourself to build up credits, but this was manual trading 2000 coins a time, and only paid out to skrill) I couldnt find anything better and ended up taking a punt on Aoeah. It went fine, I contacted their support on chat in advance, just to see if there was anyone there, seemed ok. Changed all my security info to random, and gave all my origin security info on the form. Got an email back after 12 hrs that they'd finished and would pay out within 30 mins. Got my account back fine, all 3 million coins taken, my players untouched (I'd requested to sell 2.6 just so I had a bit left, but not arsed really since I'm about finished for this season)  When I still hadnt got paid after another 12 hrs, contacted support again and they sent the money right away, no fuss and the full amount for the coins they'd taken. Got a little over 260usd after paypal fees, so I'm pretty happy with it considering I paid 60 for the game, played it a lot for 6 months and I've still got enough in untradeables and unsold players to keep going. I think I'll try it again next season but have a dedicated origin account just for fifa.
Damn, good payout that. I made 5.3m profit in one day recently (bought 2900 discard rare Premier League players and sold when the upgrade packs came out), so now you've got me thinking what that'd be worth!

Glad it paid off anyway, good to hear it wasn't a scam.

Offline GinKop

• He's going to run to you (ooh-oooh). Knows a techtard when he sees one
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
« Reply #128 on: May 6, 2020, 04:23:36 pm »
Question for the FIFA heads on here.

Played a family tournament recently between 6 of us. I got to the final and played my cousin. Never played someone so effective at this game both attacking and defensively. Attacking wise his use of the skill stick to be unpredictable and create space was incredible. I get that side of the game and that I just need to get better at defending, jockeying etc.

What I could not get my head around though is how he defended. As soon as I'd win the ball back, pass from CB to CM, not only would he be able to close me down (almost as if the AI was automatically homing in on my player), literally every passing lane I had open was being blocked. I had no option on most occasions.

When I did eventually get the ball through to the forward players, I would get closed down by two players. Even using the drag-back, ball-roll with right-stick etc was completely ineffective.

Is this some sort of tactic which is buried in the team set-up instructions?
JFT97

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: May 6, 2020, 06:25:43 pm »
Possibly the team press (up and left i think) or individual instructions in the tactics. Did they spend time doing their formation?

Offline GinKop

• He's going to run to you (ooh-oooh). Knows a techtard when he sees one
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
« Reply #130 on: May 7, 2020, 12:18:37 pm »
Possibly the team press (up and left i think) or individual instructions in the tactics. Did they spend time doing their formation?

Probably about a minute or so. I will give that a go via the d-pad and see if it works.
JFT97

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: May 7, 2020, 07:12:25 pm »
Probably about a minute or so. I will give that a go via the d-pad and see if it works.
just be careful not to use it too much or your players will be shattered. There is also the team mate press button. I have it as square but no idea what it is by default

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #132 on: May 7, 2020, 11:24:41 pm »
Don’t think I’ll ever be promoted to Division 5 on UT. Been stuck on a rating between 800-1,000 for what feels like months. Always get within two wins and then end up against someone with a team rating of 90+.

My team rating is 85 and that’s without spending any real money on any players. Do the majority of UT payers spend real money to buy these 90+ rating players or am I doing something wrong?
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline bailey90

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #133 on: May 9, 2020, 11:49:29 pm »
Don’t think I’ll ever be promoted to Division 5 on UT. Been stuck on a rating between 800-1,000 for what feels like months. Always get within two wins and then end up against someone with a team rating of 90+.

My team rating is 85 and that’s without spending any real money on any players. Do the majority of UT payers spend real money to buy these 90+ rating players or am I doing something wrong?

It's time mostly. Also, if you're good enough to get a high ranking in weekend league/squad battles etc, then you can get a decent team pretty quick.

I've never spent money on FIFA points and my teams pretty ridiculous at this point.
Twitter: @Bailey_90

Offline JasonF

• Frenkie says "Ilaix, don't do it"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #134 on: May 15, 2020, 09:55:12 pm »

I've never spent a penny and my team is 92 rated. I do make investments though.

If it makes you feel any better, I've not been higher than division 6 all year and that's with a super team.

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: June 11, 2020, 01:08:07 pm »
Think this is my last year playing UT. It was a fun concept when it was released, but it's gone very stale.

It isn't fun anymore. It's a constant grind with very little reward. Boring, repetitive gameplay. The AI is getting worse every year. Weekend league, need a good five hours of actual playing time to qualify for the next weekend league, not to mention time for menus and loading games.

Such a shame career mode is shite, which is probably by design to get people on UT to spend money on packs.

I'll say this, and then see Fifa on next gen and think it looks amazing and be a mug and buy it.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: June 29, 2020, 02:52:11 pm »
Bored of ultimate team so thought i'd give Seasons another go. On a 40ish game unbeaten run with Liverpool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5hTDYCVa2Y&feature=youtu.be Might be the funniest goal I have ever scored with Hendo  ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xubgUzNrF1A&feature=youtu.be Overhead kick from Mo and they instantly quit  8)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OVC8ENZz4c&feature=youtu.be had to record this game going for promotion to Div 1 with my undefeated run on the line and 2 - 0 down needing a point for promotion, skip to the 80th minute or so for the ending

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: June 29, 2020, 10:43:20 pm »
Made division 1, it's definately alot tougher, hardly any people quitting early.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6XWBPKjzB8&feature=youtu.be last game of div 2, for the title.

Win streak finally came to an end first game in Division 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVRp7VmS6i8&feature=youtu.be game 2 to try and salvage the start to the season
« Last Edit: June 29, 2020, 10:46:15 pm by WillG.LFC »

Offline Kuytinho

• Kopite
« Reply #138 on: June 30, 2020, 08:55:54 pm »
Bored of ultimate team so thought i'd give Seasons another go. On a 40ish game unbeaten run with Liverpool

Nice one. 40 unbeaten online is really good going on any game mode. I have had a similar experience on seasons after giving up FUT (although maybe not quite 40 in a row).

I recently started on FUT again after joining an online platform where people have been paying me to play their FUT Champions. I think the ease of seasons gave me some false expectations. I'd not touched FUT Champions since I played to a 26-win Elite 2 in October, but I didn't expect it to take me four attempts to sneak a 20-win Gold 1, especially considering I was using teams far better than I've ever had myself.

Zero casuals on there now, it seems. I matched one guy with a play time of 79(!) days. In 9 months. Or roughly 7 hours per day every single day since release. And half of my opponents weren't far off him. How do you compete with that?

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: July 1, 2020, 08:07:33 am »
Yeah ultimate team isn't for a quick casual game anymore is it  :D

Would like to see a more basic version more like seasons where you can buy players but their ratings are the same as the main game. Maybe add a wage/rating cap so you can't just have all the best players in

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: July 1, 2020, 04:21:02 pm »
They need to fuck off the amount of special cards IMO.

The fact you can pack a 93 Ronaldo and him be worthless is ridiculous.

Go back to the days of bronze, silver, gold, in form, team of the week and team of the season.

The last time any form of Ultimate Team was good was the original one on the champions league game years ago.

Offline bailey90

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #141 on: July 4, 2020, 01:40:29 pm »
I recently started on FUT again after joining an online platform where people have been paying me to play their FUT Champions.

Can I get a link to that? Stopped playing a while back myself but that's very tempting.

Offline Kuytinho

• Kopite
« Reply #142 on: July 4, 2020, 09:39:47 pm »
I've been doing it through Fiverr, and made up to 50 USD a time. It doesn't work out to be a lot considering the time needed, but if you fancy playing anyway it's nice to be paid for it. I had plenty of messages during one of the big events (TOTS maybe? I don't really follow FUT trends too closely) but I think it's slowing down a bit now, and you'll probably have to charge much less.

One good thing about it is that you can change your pricing in seconds. I couldn't really be arsed playing this weekend, so set a ludicrous price to see if anyone would bite, before marking myself OOO.

My main incentive was actually because my team is so far from good enough after not playing for so long, and I was curious to see how I would do with a competitive team. Not as well as expected being the answer - but thankfully I set my clients' expectations low enough for it not to matter.

Offline bailey90

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #143 on: July 4, 2020, 11:29:07 pm »
I'll have to have a look at that. Thanks man.

Offline Perham

• Effes v2.0 - RAWK's Official Dog Snogger!
  • Legacy Fan
  • All is well
« Reply #144 on: July 10, 2020, 03:45:50 pm »
This may be a stupid question but is there any way to quit your job in career mode? I've looked around and can't seem to find any way to do it. Is it not possible?
if I came home to allison in bed with my wife I'd ask him to phone Virgil to see if he wanted to pop round too.

Offline Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: July 10, 2020, 10:37:36 pm »
This may be a stupid question but is there any way to quit your job in career mode? I've looked around and can't seem to find any way to do it. Is it not possible?

No idea mate. But a "stupid question" deserves a stupid answer. Have you tried to get fired?  ;D Lose all your matches. Should be easy enough to quit once the match start.

No idea if it works like
I have no idea what I’m taking about

Offline Perham

• Effes v2.0 - RAWK's Official Dog Snogger!
  • Legacy Fan
  • All is well
« Reply #146 on: July 10, 2020, 10:39:28 pm »
No idea mate. But a "stupid question" deserves a stupid answer. Have you tried to get fired?  ;D Lose all your matches. Should be easy enough to quit once the match start.

No idea if it works like
I've tried that but it takes ages to actually get sacked even if you keep losing and get relegated like I did!
if I came home to allison in bed with my wife I'd ask him to phone Virgil to see if he wanted to pop round too.

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #147 on: July 10, 2020, 11:56:58 pm »
I've tried that but it takes ages to actually get sacked even if you keep losing and get relegated like I did!
Maybe Fifa knows your limitations and fully expected you to be relegated!
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"