Author Topic: The Leftovers  (Read 22035 times)

Offline Red in Korea

• Claims to be from Korea but we're not convinced...
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The Leftovers
« Reply #160 on: December 12, 2015, 05:37:52 am »
I hear the 2nd season is great, but the first is so-so. Should I skip the 1st season and go straight to the 2nd?
"What is called for is dignity. We need to set an example." Kenny Dalglish

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #161 on: December 12, 2015, 07:09:50 am »
I hear the 2nd season is great, but the first is so-so. Should I skip the 1st season and go straight to the 2nd?

Would be tough. The second season won't make an awful lot of sense without the back story.

It's not bad, just a bit mad.

Saying that I've watched it all and its still all a bit mad

Offline Red in Korea

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #162 on: December 12, 2015, 09:50:14 am »
Would be tough. The second season won't make an awful lot of sense without the back story.

It's not bad, just a bit mad.

Saying that I've watched it all and its still all a bit mad

Cheers. That's what I needed to know. I'll go for it from the beginning then.

Offline sideshowme

• aka Bob
  • Legacy Fan
  • the king: making grown men feel like 10-year olds
« Reply #163 on: December 17, 2015, 10:17:16 am »
finally got round to watching the finale - crazy stuff, but a fitting finale that tied up a lot of loose ends quite neatly (still no explanation for the naked running though... i'm beginning to wonder if i imagined it now...).

second use of a s&g song this season, and again it fit perfectly, but only HBO would show the full-length visceral experience of a classic song being tortured so completely.  very, very lynchian, that whole sequence, right down to the blue-ish neon lighting.

i have to admit i had something in my eye when matt was finally able to speak with his wife...
Dudek saaaaves for Liverpoool!  Liverpool have won the Champions' League!  Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart!

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #164 on: August 22, 2016, 12:29:43 am »
Just seen season two.

Utterly bonkers as everyone seems to have said. More loose ends than our defence [not even sure that makes sense  ;D] - but but love it - terrific entertainment.

Spoiler
In hysterics at Kevin "I'm not fucking doing all this again" as he's trying to get through to his dad in Perth on the telly. Superbly inventive and hilarious.
[close]

;D

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #165 on: April 13, 2017, 01:00:11 am »

The third - and final - season of The Leftovers starts this Sunday in the US (and will likely be available in the usual places Monday morning).

There are 10 episodes in total in season 3 - Sky Atlantic has the UK tv rights - and will shown here 'this Autumn'.
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #166 on: April 13, 2017, 12:13:57 pm »
Cheers for the heads up! :thumbup
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #167 on: April 13, 2017, 01:21:11 pm »
Awesome news.

Pity it's the final season though.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: April 17, 2017, 11:44:51 am »
Great opening episode. Wasn't a massive fan of the first series but the second was brilliant and I'm glad its got a third season to wrap up the story.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: April 17, 2017, 05:11:03 pm »
What a glorious mind fuck of a episode that was.

Love this show.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #170 on: April 18, 2017, 08:48:08 pm »
Watched this via EZTV last night and today I got an email from TalkTalk saying they'd been notified that I was illegally sharing copyrighted content. :o

Anyone with any other ways I can watch, feel free to DM me. :)
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #171 on: April 18, 2017, 08:50:50 pm »
Watched this via EZTV last night and today I got an email from TalkTalk saying they'd been notified that I was illegally sharing copyrighted content. :o

Anyone with any other ways I can watch, feel free to DM me. :)

Alluc should stream it although the quality isn't always good.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #172 on: April 18, 2017, 08:51:18 pm »
Alluc should stream it although the quality isn't always good.

Cheers, will look into it.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #173 on: April 18, 2017, 08:53:45 pm »
It's probably also on Kodi soon after it airs.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: April 18, 2017, 08:56:08 pm »
It's probably also on Kodi soon after it airs.

:thumbup

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: April 24, 2017, 07:10:14 pm »
Spoiler
When you didn't realise you needed a Perfect Strangers cameo until it happens...
[close]

Offline Gili Gulu

• Looking forward to seeing the Golden Sky
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #176 on: April 24, 2017, 11:36:17 pm »
I love this. Carrie Coon is amazing, and Justin Theroux is great too.
The acting from the whole cast is just fantastic really.
Gili Gulu. (嘰哩咕嚕) means saying something no-one understands but yourself; a little rambling or a silly language between friends

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #177 on: April 24, 2017, 11:59:18 pm »
Who would have thought a Wu Tang Clan track would be in this show. ;D

Another good episode.

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #178 on: May 15, 2017, 02:25:57 pm »

Every episode so far this season has been delightfully batshit crazy - superb stuff :)

just 3 episodes left...
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: May 15, 2017, 03:44:05 pm »
Just watched the latest one.

Damon Lindelof must be on acid when he writes these episodes.

Weird AF great episode. ;D

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: May 15, 2017, 10:10:28 pm »
Found this on Reddit. ;D

I also found out on Reddit that Frasier the Lion was real. :o

http://time.com/3990606/frasier-the-lion/

The story of Frasier the lion might have ended gruesomely. At the age of 19—the human equivalent of 75—and no longer of use to the Mexican circus that owned him, he faced a preemptive death. But fate twisted kindly for the aging lion. In 1972, he ended up south of Los Angeles at Lion Country Safari, along with a group of other wild cats that had been sent north for a new life.
From the way LIFE Magazine described him, the staff at Lion Country likely expected Frasier to live out his days in a lazy retirement. “He is underweight and splay-footed,” the editors wrote. “His fur resembles an old moth-balled coat, and he sleeps 19 hours a day. The muscles in his tongue are so shot that it unreels from his mouth like a slobbery red carpet.”

But, as LIFE interjected, “appearances aren’t everything.” Frasier was quickly placed on a special diet replete with vitamins, and he began to put on some weight. Much to his handlers’ surprise, he then became a hit with the lionesses. Within one day of meeting him, the same lionesses that refused to mate with several young guns “were sprawled protectively around Frasier,” bringing him choice meats at mealtime and waiting to eat until he was finished. Seven weeks later, they were all pregnant. Within 16 months, he had fathered 33 cubs.
LIFE called him “the country’s reigning sex simba.”

One observer noted that he was “the first x-rated zoo attraction in history.” Frasier fan clubs sprung up, sending the lion more than 1,500 letters each month and purchasing t-shirts and bumper stickers emblazoned with his face.
Frasier’s virility was not entirely unusual for a lion, and its continuation into old age may be explained, at least in part, by a life in the circus, where there were no other lions to compete with. When Frasier died of pneumonia in July, 1972, members of the Scottish Fraser clan performed traditional funeral rites, donning kilts and playing dirges on the bagpipes. He was buried beneath a cross on the grounds of Lion Country.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 10:21:30 pm by RedSince86 »

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: May 16, 2017, 01:43:04 pm »
So I'm assuming naked french submariner is setting off a nuclear holocaust that takes place on the 7th anniversary, leaving only a handful of people behind (including Old Nora), who have no power and rely on doves to communicate.

The question for me is, will all the people that die end up with The Departed? Will we find out why The Departed are departed?

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: May 16, 2017, 02:51:08 pm »
So I'm assuming naked french submariner is setting off a nuclear holocaust that takes place on the 7th anniversary, leaving only a handful of people behind (including Old Nora), who have no power and rely on doves to communicate.

The question for me is, will all the people that die end up with The Departed? Will we find out why The Departed are departed?

I thought it was just a story telling mechanic to have everyone stuck in Oz and justify the boat episode but that makes sense for sure.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #183 on: May 16, 2017, 02:59:10 pm »
I thought it was just a story telling mechanic to have everyone stuck in Oz and justify the boat episode but that makes sense for sure.
It could be. The apocalypse thing was maninly due to the news they kept playing in the background where it sounded like it's all going to shit.

Offline Gili Gulu

• Looking forward to seeing the Golden Sky
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: May 16, 2017, 09:58:01 pm »

I think the show-runners Damon Lindelof and Tom Perrotta have both said in the past that where the Departed went will never be revealed.

It could be. The apocalypse thing was maninly due to the news they kept playing in the background where it sounded like it's all going to shit.

There was the flash-forward at the start of the season where an older Nora is living in Australia and denies knowing anyone called Kevin.

Spoiler
I think she is actually still with Kevin, and she's covering up for him because a cult has grown up around him, similar to the Frasier the Lion cult on the boat
[close]
« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 10:01:56 pm by leftfooter »
Gili Gulu. (嘰哩咕嚕) means saying something no-one understands but yourself; a little rambling or a silly language between friends

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: May 29, 2017, 12:03:40 pm »
Just caught up with four of these over the weekend, fucking hell! :o

The naked guy mental opening sequence reminded me of something from Lost.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #186 on: May 30, 2017, 07:12:51 pm »
One episode left. I can't tell if this is brilliant or a spectacular shit show.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #187 on: May 30, 2017, 09:34:39 pm »
The penis security scanner! :lmao

Offline oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #188 on: May 31, 2017, 12:13:50 am »

;D

Roll on next week :)

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: May 31, 2017, 01:50:59 pm »
This has really been a very strange show. But likeable.

That penis scanner was hilarious. So strange.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Blinis

• Kopite
« Reply #190 on: June 5, 2017, 10:45:36 am »
Aaaaaannnd... it's over.

A satisfying and beautiful end. Thanks for the ride everybody. It's unforgettable.
What do Fernando Hierro, Carles Puyol, Philipp Lahm, Andres Iniesta, Iker Casillas, Sergio Ramos and Jordan Henderson share in common?

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: June 5, 2017, 02:17:05 pm »
Those last 10 mins with Nora. :(

Stunning show,so sad to see it end but at least we get closure and find out what happened to the departed "some what".

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: June 5, 2017, 10:35:42 pm »
Really great ending. Carrie Coon was fantastic in every way ;)

Offline redscorpio

• Main Stander
« Reply #193 on: June 6, 2017, 01:31:25 am »
The Leftovers sometimes drove me crazy but it was always fascinating and that ending! Just wonderful, kudos to all the actors in the final episode, Carrie Coon, Justin Theroux and Chris Eccleston.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: June 6, 2017, 01:39:01 pm »
My other half has been reading the threads in the The Leftovers Reddit.

Apparently has some interesting theories about Nora's story if it was true or not,something to do with her panic attack in the bathroom being a big glaring clue.

Offline Red in Korea

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #195 on: July 7, 2017, 10:54:51 am »
Just finished this. Wonderful. Like everyone else, I loved it for it's originality, imagery, out-of-box wtf craziness, and a fantastic ending, which didn't provide answers yet brought closure without a whiff of cheesiness or clumsiness. The religious imagery in the last episode alone was worth watching for. Intriguingly ambiguous all the way through - as the poster above said, we've no idea if old Nora was telling the truth about her story (no visuals to support it), but like Kevin, didn't we all want to beleve? And surely that was what the whole series was all about.
« Last Edit: July 7, 2017, 10:58:02 am by Red in Korea »

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #196 on: July 13, 2017, 10:39:32 am »
Finished Season 3 last night. Fucking hell what a show. Doubt I've ever been so heavily, emotionally invested in a group of characters. Some amazing performances, amazing writing and a very satisfying ending.

One thing I can't stop thinking about (if Nora is telling the truth) is how fucked up and depressing the world that lost 98% of the population must be. I mean, that baby in the car definitely died and I don't even want to think about Laurie's unborn foetus.  :-[

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: July 18, 2017, 10:27:18 am »
watched this recently ... got seriously tearjerky towards the end. great series
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #198 on: October 16, 2017, 06:05:20 pm »
Is this series worth getting to? Trying to avoid the spoilers so don't wanna read through the thread!

Derren Brown bigged it up on Twitter so it has piqued my interest.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: October 16, 2017, 06:09:15 pm »
Is this series worth getting to? Trying to avoid the spoilers so don't wanna read through the thread!

Derren Brown bigged it up on Twitter so it has piqued my interest.

Yeah.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill