Author Topic: LFC friendly pubs in London - General guide  (Read 334253 times)

Offline grooverider527

• Main Stander
Re: LFC friendly pubs in London - General guide
« Reply #360 on: April 2, 2008, 10:28:21 am »
I was considering going to F3K as well but this season they have started to use a really annoying policy of over21s and im 20 which is pretty irritating. I was ok to get in there all last season though which is a bit odd.
F3K is quality to watch the games in though, usually rammed with one room full of reds, the landlord is a legend as well! and yeh if you were there by 530 you would get in, its only the 6.45 mark that it began to get really full last year.

What does everyone think about sports cafe on haymarket (near trafalgar square) or possibly an away pub up by arsenal? Will defo try me luck at f3k at around 630ish but if that fails, may have to head to central.
« Last Edit: April 2, 2008, 10:42:23 am by grooverider527 »

Offline safhossain03

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #361 on: April 2, 2008, 10:59:31 am »
Not in London for the Arsenal games but I plan on going to the Sports Cafe in Central for the Chelsea games and the Final! It's just off Leicester Square. Warning, there will be Yanks about. Not specifically a Liverpool pub, but its a decent venue to watch sports - clue's in the name.

Offline grooverider527

• Main Stander
« Reply #362 on: April 2, 2008, 11:02:00 am »
yeh, ive only been there once to watch an england game there ages ago, it was pretty good for that but i agree that it is a bit of a generic place, jus wondered what it would be like for a liverpool game.
F3K is still my 1st choice though.

Offline RJ6

• Main Stander
« Reply #363 on: April 2, 2008, 11:20:40 am »
I'm planning to be at FM3 for about 6ish tonight, got my bouncing shoes on already.

Offline richardtrafford

• Main Stander
« Reply #364 on: April 2, 2008, 12:21:35 pm »
there will be a load of us in the sports cafe too. loads of yanks agreed but loads of tvs too. unless i get a ticket before 5 ish.
★      ★      ★      ★       ★      ★
77     78     81     84      05     19

Offline Gus 1855

• GusMcLean is a direct descendent of wee Jimmy the Jock McSporran, son of Ally McLeod, voted best Flower of Scotland performer 2003. Changed name in hope of attracting Bridesmaid but he's still Scottish as a Glaswegian deep fried Haggis
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #365 on: April 2, 2008, 12:42:50 pm »

Never been to the Sports cafe since a Manc waitress (who was a munter by the way) made a nasty gesture to me and my friend when Everton scored against us in the Derby a couple of years back.

I fear if I go back there I may throw a pint over her. Not normally one for being aggressive towards the ladies, but this really pissed me off.

F3K all the way now.
It looks to me as if we have signed another 'average' player. I'll hold back my complete opinion until I see the lad play

Offline Jokerfish

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • Nothing to see here move along now.
« Reply #366 on: April 2, 2008, 03:31:16 pm »
Never been to the Sports cafe since a Manc waitress (who was a munter by the way) made a nasty gesture to me and my friend when Everton scored against us in the Derby a couple of years back.

I fear if I go back there I may throw a pint over her. Not normally one for being aggressive towards the ladies, but this really pissed me off.

F3K all the way now.

If she is still working there then I think thats punishment enough!

Offline gazjones6

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #367 on: April 2, 2008, 06:40:28 pm »
Just been traf square in sports cafe now its filling up fast few reds about. They've reserved most of the down stairs for food tables which is pretty stupid as it's rammed upstairs! Might make it a better  atmos who knows. Come on red men!

Offline grooverider527

• Main Stander
« Reply #368 on: April 2, 2008, 10:22:57 pm »
F3K was quality tonight, so funny that guy who kept saying arrrriba to the rafa benitez song! Good times!

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #369 on: April 2, 2008, 10:31:49 pm »
I was in 3kings too, just got back. Started off shit when I went in but about 10 minutes before ko was bouncing (literally). Apart from the 3 minutes after they scored, 1st half was quality.

I was the one who tried to get every other saturday going if you heard! Got through the first verse with one other fella before being drowned out. Someone offered me a pint too which I was very grateful for but had to refuse, thanks though!

Will be there again on tuesday
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline Gus 1855

• GusMcLean is a direct descendent of wee Jimmy the Jock McSporran, son of Ally McLeod, voted best Flower of Scotland performer 2003. Changed name in hope of attracting Bridesmaid but he's still Scottish as a Glaswegian deep fried Haggis
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #370 on: April 2, 2008, 10:47:13 pm »

Ended up round at a mate's tonight, but may go tho the 3Ks on tuesday....except that the last 3 games there we have played shite!
It looks to me as if we have signed another 'average' player. I'll hold back my complete opinion until I see the lad play

Offline grooverider527

• Main Stander
« Reply #371 on: April 2, 2008, 10:53:29 pm »
I was in 3kings too, just got back. Started off shit when I went in but about 10 minutes before ko was bouncing (literally). Apart from the 3 minutes after they scored, 1st half was quality.

I was the one who tried to get every other saturday going if you heard! Got through the first verse with one other fella before being drowned out. Someone offered me a pint too which I was very grateful for but had to refuse, thanks though!

Will be there again on tuesday
I probably saw you at some point! Was at bar when we scored watching the widescreen above, hugged 2 or 3 randoms! Was wearing liverpool shirt underneath a leather jacket, was stood under the plasma thats jus by the stairs in the backroom that loadsa ppl watch cos they cant see the projection one. Will prob head down there next tues again, was quality with all the singing (although the you're not singing anymore stuff was a bit cringy!)

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #372 on: April 2, 2008, 10:57:31 pm »
I probably saw you at some point! Was at bar when we scored watching the widescreen above, hugged 2 or 3 randoms! Was wearing liverpool shirt underneath a leather jacket, was stood under the plasma thats jus by the stairs in the backroom that loadsa ppl watch cos they cant see the projection one. Will prob head down there next tues again, was quality with all the singing (although the you're not singing anymore stuff was a bit cringy!)

I was just infront of the bar infront of the biggest projection screen if you get what i mean. Most singing seemed to come from round there. Agree with you though, was good except the occasional crap - especially "You're shit and you know you are" at Fabregas and then Torres by some gooners....

Didnt think it would be that packed, I had a hoodie under my jacket so was boiling and sweating fucking bucketloads

Offline grooverider527

• Main Stander
« Reply #373 on: April 2, 2008, 11:03:37 pm »
I was just infront of the bar infront of the biggest projection screen if you get what i mean. Most singing seemed to come from round there. Agree with you though, was good except the occasional crap - especially "You're shit and you know you are" at Fabregas and then Torres by some gooners....

Didnt think it would be that packed, I had a hoodie under my jacket so was boiling and sweating fucking bucketloads
We must av been a few feet from each other, i couldnt help but laugh everytime i saw fabregas cos of that art vandalay thread.

Offline Jagdip

• former Lunatic
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #374 on: April 2, 2008, 11:08:00 pm »
I miss the days of the bar in barbican, the red basement - fuckin quality.

Offline RJ6

• Main Stander
« Reply #375 on: April 3, 2008, 12:49:20 am »
Was at F3K tonight and thought we created a good atmosphere.  Will be back there next tue anyway.  I was in the Rome 84 top in front of the projection screen in the back room btw.

Offline penfold102

• It remains unclear as to whether "102" refers to my IQ or my dad's age - let RAWK decide! :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #376 on: April 3, 2008, 10:41:28 am »
Was at F3K tonight and thought we created a good atmosphere.  Will be back there next tue anyway.  I was in the Rome 84 top in front of the projection screen in the back room btw.

Yes, and I was next to you in the black jacket bouncin'
Fils et pere - Trade count of 35+

What's tomato with you?

Offline gazjones6

• Main Stander
« Reply #377 on: April 3, 2008, 04:07:19 pm »
Sounds like half of RAWK was in the F3K!

I was in Sports Cafe really good fun downstairs. Also got a 'scoop,' saw the landlord for the F3K in there asked him what he was doing there -he said he's left F3K and started at Sports Cafe on Monday. Said he's been given a blank canvas and it's defo gonna have a red's emphasis because he's a big Liverpool fan. Good chat.

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #378 on: April 3, 2008, 04:24:38 pm »

I was in Sports Cafe really good fun downstairs. Also got a 'scoop,' saw the landlord for the F3K in there asked him what he was doing there -he said he's left F3K and started at Sports Cafe on Monday. Said he's been given a blank canvas and it's defo gonna have a red's emphasis because he's a big Liverpool fan. Good chat.

Is he taking his microphone with him as well or leaving that behind? ;)

Offline Rome-77

• Head case, more like! Wtf is wrong with me?
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Gus 1855

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #380 on: April 3, 2008, 08:35:25 pm »

Hope he does a good job with the Sports cafe, really does stink in there at the minute.

Shame though, hope the 3kings doesn't stop showing the naughty games.

Offline ed1

• Kemlynite
« Reply #381 on: April 4, 2008, 08:50:41 pm »

Hope he does a good job with the Sports cafe, really does stink in there at the minute.

Shame though, hope the 3kings doesn't stop showing the naughty games.

I was in F3K for the Arsenal game with a mate and we had a quick chat with the new landlord there, he's allegedly a Liverpool fan too.  Anyway I asked this new guy if they'd still be showing loads of football games through the satellite farm they have on the roof, but he was claiming that a couple of the receiver boxes have packed in in the two days he'd been in charge. 

Sounds like utter crap to me, and reading between the lines I think he's decided not to show the 3pm games there.  Hopefully I'm wrong but maybe the Sports Cafe will now fill the void!

First post  :)

Offline Gus 1855

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #382 on: April 5, 2008, 02:54:05 am »
I was in F3K for the Arsenal game with a mate and we had a quick chat with the new landlord there, he's allegedly a Liverpool fan too.  Anyway I asked this new guy if they'd still be showing loads of football games through the satellite farm they have on the roof, but he was claiming that a couple of the receiver boxes have packed in in the two days he'd been in charge. 

Sounds like utter crap to me, and reading between the lines I think he's decided not to show the 3pm games there.  Hopefully I'm wrong but maybe the Sports Cafe will now fill the void!

First post  :)

Can't see the Sports Cafe doing the naughty ones. Too big a brand to risk it.

Offline ed1

• Kemlynite
« Reply #383 on: April 5, 2008, 12:12:31 pm »

Can't see the Sports Cafe doing the naughty ones. Too big a brand to risk it.

Good point, it's the Saturday 3pm games that are risky.  Hopefully they'll show everything else though. 

Offline marmalizer

• Main Stander
« Reply #384 on: April 5, 2008, 12:43:58 pm »
The St George near Euston Station is the best LFC pub in London  ;D
Please check out my sponsorship page for the wirral bikeathon....  http://www.justgiving.com/trav-wirralbikeathon

Offline Istanbulievable

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #385 on: April 5, 2008, 08:14:20 pm »
So where will people be watching the 2nd leg on Tuesday?  Where is this F3K place?

Offline grooverider527

• Main Stander
« Reply #386 on: April 5, 2008, 08:48:44 pm »
literally next door to west kensington tube station. Probably be heading down there again this week, it was really good on wed.

Offline 1770ben

• Anny Roader
  • Fay ce que vouldras
« Reply #387 on: April 6, 2008, 01:15:30 am »
I was in a pub in Covent Garden the lasy Wed daytime having a quiet pint. ( It's the one that does the really nice pork/beef sarnies:)) Anyway. . . what made me laugh was the Polish barmaid who hates Arsenal with a passion. It's only a tiny pub, but she was really windng up this old cockney codger!!!!
Fay ce que vouldras.

Offline matthew45

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Try hard blogger and embarrassed OOT
    • Matthew Cain's blog
« Reply #388 on: April 7, 2008, 12:10:50 pm »
Not in London for the Arsenal games but I plan on going to the Sports Cafe in Central for the Chelsea games and the Final! It's just off Leicester Square. Warning, there will be Yanks about. Not specifically a Liverpool pub, but its a decent venue to watch sports - clue's in the name.

If you have any choice in the matter - don't go. It's awful.
I blog about Liverpool, mostly focussed on the reserves, at: http://blog.matthewcain.co.uk/category/liverpool-fc/

Offline Cannon_Fodder42

• Main Stander
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #389 on: April 7, 2008, 01:27:26 pm »
The new F3K landlord is definitely a big red, and used to show the 3pm games at his old pub.  Not sure if they're going to be doing it at the F3K though.  Who knows what his plans are.

Offline dave353

• Boys Pen
« Reply #390 on: April 7, 2008, 02:30:19 pm »
The new F3K landlord is definitely a big red, and used to show the 3pm games at his old pub.  Not sure if they're going to be doing it at the F3K though.  Who knows what his plans are.

I do.

I spoke to Lee yesterday and he assures me that every Liverpool game will be shown that is available to him. (one way or another) ;)
« Last Edit: April 7, 2008, 02:40:28 pm by dave353 »

Offline gazjones6

• Main Stander
« Reply #391 on: April 8, 2008, 10:58:50 am »
I'm heading down the F3K straight after work to aim to be in at least an hour before to guarantee I get in and a good spot - knackered if you dont get in and are stranded round Kensington!

Offline rafasredangel

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96!
« Reply #392 on: April 8, 2008, 11:00:46 am »

I think that is where I used to watch the game when I lived in London.
Andrew Miller MP on the S*n 'What gave them the right to publish such disgusting filth when people had died?' YNWA JFT96
Thatcher's Mind=Managed decline

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #393 on: April 8, 2008, 11:07:40 am »

tell me more?
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #394 on: April 9, 2008, 12:08:08 am »
3kings was buzzing (bouncing!) tonight for sure. Goals were fucking crazy; booze everywhere, random hugs and kisses ! Brilliant

Offline RJ6

• Main Stander
« Reply #395 on: April 9, 2008, 12:11:41 am »
3kings was buzzing (bouncing!) tonight for sure. Goals were fucking crazy; booze everywhere, random hugs and kisses ! Brilliant

The fact that my shirt smells of beer and sweat says it all.  Was great tonight.  Same again next time.

Offline Istanbulievable

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #396 on: April 9, 2008, 01:00:13 pm »
The fact that my shirt smells of beer and sweat says it all.  Was great tonight.  Same again next time.

Was a great night in there.  Bouncing, singing, hugging, beer everywhere - awesome!

Offline grooverider527

• Main Stander
« Reply #397 on: April 9, 2008, 02:32:50 pm »
yes!! it was soo good! Place was going crazy at the end.
We're gona bounce in a minute, bounce in a minute!!!

Offline Tam

• Kopite
« Reply #398 on: April 9, 2008, 04:53:53 pm »
Practically lost my voice shouting last night. Was a great atmosphere, just a bit of a sham the middle of the room didnt jon in as much, especially with the bouncing.
We Are The Champions!
Of Who?
Champions Of Europe!
Of Where?
Champions Of Europe!
Oh Right

Offline gazjones6

• Main Stander
« Reply #399 on: April 9, 2008, 06:08:19 pm »
Such a good night absolutely bouncin -  spilt about a pint every time we scored. What a night!