Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
The Boozer / Re: Mundane thread.
« Last post by Boston Bosox on Today at 03:18:25 pm »
I don't like chocolate orange but I do like jaffa cakes.

I like both but Jaffa Cakes are nicer
« Last post by Boston Bosox on Today at 03:17:34 pm »
I think it was the b-side to When I'm Cleaning Windows.

Good Old George 

Just in time for National Ukulele Day Tomorrow
« Last post by Boston Bosox on Today at 03:16:12 pm »
Who sang that?

;D

I knew someone would post that

Various Artists

Here's one

We'Re Gonna Hang Out The Washing On The Siegfried Line

Flanagan & Allen -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cr-B6vzKlTA

There are two ways view Nunez, broadly speaking...
You either look at him and conclude - he gets into dangerous locations more than other strikers/forwards consistently therefore he is a high value forward and extremely difficult to replace OR he's not a good finisher therefore he's not a high value forward and can be replaced

The reason he can score at more than a goal every other game per 90 from open play which is rare and WHICH HE DOES CONSISTENTLY .. for Liverpool, with our first team, with lesser elevens in other competitions, for Benfica, for Almeria, for Uruguay ... is that the location and volume of shots a striker takes is the most important skill in the goals they score.

Finishing affects output but at a far lesser a degree and with way less seperation between top level players than the above... and he's living proof because he's had a bad a finishing run for us as its possible to have and yet he still scores at 1 in 2 from open play

Those two options is what it boils down to really. If he hits exactly the same figures he has this season next season would you want to continue with Darwin the season after?
Wordle 1,047 5/6

⬜🟨🟩⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟩🟩⬜
⬜⬜🟩🟩⬜
⬜⬜🟩🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Daily Quordle 828
7️⃣3️⃣
6️⃣8️⃣
m-w.com/games/quordle/
⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜ ⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜ 🟩⬜🟨⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜ 🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟨🟩🟩⬜⬜ ⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
⬜🟩⬜⬜⬜ ⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
⬜🟩⬜⬜⬜ ⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 ⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛

⬜⬜⬜⬜🟩 ⬜🟨🟨⬜⬜
🟨⬜🟨⬜🟩 ⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟨⬜⬜🟨⬜ ⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟩⬜🟩🟩 ⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩⬜🟩🟩 🟩⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 🟩⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ 🟨⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ 🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Must have different tokens to our Monopoly

Strands #59
“A token of our appreciation”
🔵🔵🔵🟡
🔵🔵🔵
The Boozer / Re: Struggling with depression
« Last post by Peabee on Today at 03:14:14 pm »
^

Sunak and his clueless bunch of social darwinists need dragging out of number 10 and lined up against the wall. The ignorance of them on this issue is astounding. The sooner they're out of office, the better for the health of this nation.

Anyway, it's good to hear that things are a bit better for you just now. I definitely think diet can play a big part. Junk food, caffeine and alcohol are terrible for making you feel sluggish, jaded, anxious and pretty grotty, both mentally and physically. I always notice an improvement in my mental health when I'm eating right and exercising in some way or other.

Unfortunately, those things (salt, sugar, alcohol and fat) are what we tend to crave when feeling low or having a generally bad time of things. Which, of course, can then see us go on a downward spiral of feeling crap, eating and drinking shite as a coping strategy, then feeling worse, so reaching for yet more shite...

Breaking the cycle can be hard at first, but it's well worth it.

They're pricks mate. The whole thing will likely cost more than it would save. Most of those forced into looking for work would soon be back out of work and so on. The sick are just another target to divide the country now they've squeezed as much as they can out of targeting immigrants.
General Football and Sport / Re: The Snooker thread
« Last post by BER on Today at 03:13:25 pm »
Snooker really is more entertaining when it's shit. Hilarious frame going on between O'Sullivan/Bingham.
This time of year always brings back memories of European semi finals. How can you not think of Rafa sat on the floor during the penalty shoot out. I remember laughing when I saw him do it which really cut the tension a bit. Kuyt unlucky not to send us through in extra time but slotted the winning penalty, if you watch the footage back you can see the definition of what they would call 'scenes' in the Kop end after that!

2019 was a bitter blow before the famous comeback the following Tuesday. Keita and Milner started in midfield with Gini playing in place of Bobby, Trent also came out of the side for what must have been an early Joe Gomez right back performance. Dembele might have killed it late on, Arthur Melo (remember him!) was on the bench for Barca. The Messi free kick was out of this world though not taking a draw back felt a blow, nevermind losing 3-0.

Arthur ' 13 Minutes ' Melo 

;D
1965- A historic day, Gerry Byrne also had a hand in a goal following good work by Billy Stevenson, how he played on with that injury I dont know

1980- There is brief footage of Talbot's goal here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvYLKiZm40U 9.00 in

1982- Our form was really taking off at this point, Craig Johnston was really settling in to the team nicely too.

the goals are shown here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvYLKiZm40U  22:43 in

1990- The league title was already won, tonight Liverpool got their hands on the league trophy, fittingly with a 1-0 win over Derby thanks to a late Gary Gillespie goal, as mention by boston this was Kenny Dalglish's last game for the club, his first appearance as a player for almost 2 years. There is some great footage of the night here, I would love to see what happened the photos that Brucie took.

Liverpools last league title for 30 years. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3pR0zz2wSo 1 hour 44 mins and 9 seconds in

1993- I hate to argue with boston botox or to correct him as I appreciate his reviving of this thread but we ended up 13 points behind Norwich not 3, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnnFfvlGIrI   A typical David James brain fart here

2001- Again another big win as we closed in on a top 3 place, it was looking good. 1 hour 30 mins and 12 seconds in
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNPiOC5wD4k

2007- That game took a lot out of me, was up to my eyes in work. There was a fatal accident on the way home so it took me nearly 3 hours to get home instead of 45 minutes, only barely made kick off and had to work 30 hours in the next two days, I honestly had some serious bad thoughts, took me 10 days to get over I was so busy, took way too much out of me.

Pepe Reina was the hero, unfortunately he came home to discover his car was stolen and torched

2017- Ill skip some very end of season shittyness, but what a fantastic goal from Can.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WHBKQExJmg

2019- I dont think we played that bad that night, we were all over them in the second half when Messi fluked their second, his third was outstanding. We couldnt force a goal and were left a mountain to climb, Barca's Ousmene Dembele missed an absolute sitter in injury time

Cheers

Thank You For The Links

Really Enjoyed Watching Them

« Last post by 9 kemlyn road on Today at 03:11:21 pm »
Just bought a steak and ale pie for tea
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10