Author Topic: The RAWK Film Thread  (Read 3482045 times)

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The RAWK Film Thread
« Reply #58120 on: Yesterday at 03:27:50 pm »
The other, Godzilla minus one is meant to be much better, it won a special effects Oscar on a ridiculously low budget I believe.

Yeah, we went to watch G -1 and it was great.

I think they are trying to get the Minus 1 Team onboard for the next Godzilla MonsterVerse movie.

Minus 1 is much more accomplished movie but as John_P says above, GxK is just fun.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58121 on: Yesterday at 04:59:29 pm »
Yeah Minus One is great, I actually thought the first bit of VFX we see in the movie was quite janky but after that it was excellent. It was a good story too, nothing revolutionary but the characters actually had some depth and flaws, the kind of story that makes you realise just how many films today are quite soulless by comparison.

Not sure I like the team being involved in the "MonsterVerse" stuff, that feels more like killing the competition than anything.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 05:01:01 pm by Schmidt »

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58122 on: Yesterday at 08:30:10 pm »
By all accounts Adam Wingard wants the sequel to be more a reverse of GxK were the main character is Godzilla. So speaking and working with the -1 people on ideas regarding that would be no bad idea. Especially when the WB films have him as a protector of humanity, whilst Toho would likely have any sequels to -1 having him once again be an antagonist.
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Gamertag: Chosen John

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58123 on: Today at 12:00:11 am »
Watched 'Kursk: The Last Mission (2018)'  last night.

Great movie.  Still thinking about it today.

Those poor sailors.  Although reading in detail about the disaster today, I don't think the crew could realistically have been saved, even without the Russians fucking up so badly in their rescue attempts and stubbornness to accept help from Europe and the US.