Author Topic: Russia launches invasion of Ukraine (*) & use spoiler tags for anything graphic!  (Read 960025 times)

Offline downtown

• abbewy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Sarina
Re: Putin - Play Time Is Over (message to the western elites)
« Reply #240 on: March 12, 2015, 07:10:00 pm »
Seinfeld predicted it all 20 years ago !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzLtF_PxbYw

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #241 on: March 15, 2015, 06:08:11 pm »
Rumours of a coup against him.......
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #242 on: March 15, 2015, 07:08:38 pm »

Would that be good or bad???????? :o

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #243 on: March 15, 2015, 07:15:42 pm »
Guess that depends on who is leading the coup and who (or what country) is behind it...

Offline Carly

• Rafa Obsessive. Wales Rugby Union fan. Defianately!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #244 on: March 15, 2015, 07:36:15 pm »
He's probably had another face lift. 

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #245 on: March 15, 2015, 08:13:58 pm »
As much as I hate Putin, it'd be bad.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #246 on: March 15, 2015, 08:36:22 pm »
Anyway, he just became a father again.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #247 on: March 15, 2015, 10:23:55 pm »
As much as I hate Putin, it'd be bad.

But you like him Katie.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #248 on: March 15, 2015, 10:32:11 pm »
I bet he's gone to the vast Russian woods, and is preparing a great bear army. He'll ride back into Moscow bear-chested on top of a huge Grizzly.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #249 on: March 16, 2015, 03:11:44 am »
Probably just ill but doesn't want to be seen as a living being that gets sick and such like.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #250 on: March 16, 2015, 08:52:03 am »
But you like him Katie.
I have no time for homophobes. And that's just for starters.

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
« Reply #251 on: March 16, 2015, 03:32:57 pm »
His results are stupefying.

Creates a distraction with Ukraine and swipes Crimea for nowt and the world says nuffink.

No wonder he's smiling now.

Russia's greatest tactician.
Kill the humourless

Offline beardsley4ever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #252 on: March 16, 2015, 03:53:33 pm »
His results are stupefying.

Creates a distraction with Ukraine and swipes Crimea for nowt and the world says nuffink.

No wonder he's smiling now.

Russia's greatest tactician.

You have clearly been ignoring the embargo and (deliberate) collapse of the oil price that is bankrupting Russia right now.  Putin is suffering massively for the moves he's made in Ukraine, and long may it continue.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #253 on: March 16, 2015, 04:05:33 pm »

You have clearly been ignoring the embargo and (deliberate) collapse of the oil price that is bankrupting Russia right now.  Putin is suffering massively for the moves he's made in Ukraine, and long may it continue.

I'm far from an expert so correct me if I'm wrong, but when you say 'Putin is suffering' in reality, he's not so much is he? The Russian people are suffering and Putin's grip on the country is as tight as ever.

Again, forgive me and correct me if I'm wrong (and I hope I am), but I feel like the suffering of the Russian people leads to support for defiance against the West who are behind these sanctions?

Not that they are the wrong thing like (I don't know what the right way to stand up to probably the world's most powerful man is) but are they having any impact on Putin's position?

Offline JMc1984

• Kemlynite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #254 on: March 16, 2015, 04:11:01 pm »
(deliberate) collapse of the oil price that is bankrupting Russia right now.  P

Lol - that collapse of the oil price is destroing shale oil production in Saudi America.

Cutting off ones nose despite their face, is hardly a long term winsome strategy

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #255 on: March 16, 2015, 06:37:48 pm »
To be honest i was very concerned the crisis could escalate. I have no doubt from the rhetoric months ago that Putin is telling the truth when he says he was ready to put Russia on Nuclear alert.
 I was wondering what sort of upbringing Putin had just to see what influences may have shaped his beliefs.
His dad was conscripted into the Soviet navy and finished up serving on nucleaur submarines, Putin himself joined the KGB in 75. may be wrong but just gives me the impression he has affection for the old Soviet military/KGB Russian regime.
The countries economy is in free fall. am not so sure hard liners would try and take power with a coup. why should they if Putin himself is old school.
More inclined to think any coup would be by a younger modern day type of Russian wanting to keep Russia as a modern power accepted by the world, not the old Russia living in isolation.
Just my opinion based on brief information on Putins upbringing and no intimate knowledge of the man and would love to know just what he thinks of the old Russian regime.
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Offline cloggypop

• Legacy Fan

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #257 on: March 16, 2015, 09:20:11 pm »
So the US and BBC propaganda turned out to be nonsense?

How shocking.

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #258 on: March 16, 2015, 10:52:48 pm »
So the US and BBC propaganda turned out to be nonsense?

I might be mistaken but I understood it was Russian Media that started the speculation sometime last week and then the Western media picked it up and ran with it.

I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Offline Golden_Child

• I...I...I...Iwanttheknife......oh, serious mode? Okay. Ommmm. Give me the kniiiiiife. Ommmm. Pleeeaaaase!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Credulity is not a virtue
« Reply #259 on: March 16, 2015, 11:43:13 pm »
How the fuck did Abramovich pass the Premier League's "Fit & Proper" persons test?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Absolute scandal

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #260 on: March 16, 2015, 11:57:06 pm »

I'm sure it was all absolutely above board.

Meanwhile, and on a completely different subject, I thought you might be interested in a little competition.

You have to guess how much cash is stuffed in this bag...

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #261 on: March 17, 2015, 09:24:31 am »
So I take it Putin has spent the last few weeks meeting with his cabinet?

I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #262 on: March 17, 2015, 09:59:22 am »
Private Eye...

Offline beardsley4ever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #263 on: March 17, 2015, 10:14:50 am »
I'm far from an expert so correct me if I'm wrong, but when you say 'Putin is suffering' in reality, he's not so much is he? The Russian people are suffering and Putin's grip on the country is as tight as ever.

Again, forgive me and correct me if I'm wrong (and I hope I am), but I feel like the suffering of the Russian people leads to support for defiance against the West who are behind these sanctions?

Not that they are the wrong thing like (I don't know what the right way to stand up to probably the world's most powerful man is) but are they having any impact on Putin's position?

He is hardening his ways because of internal opposition that is growing because people can see the impact of his approach to the rest of the world. There is a significant capital flight happening right now from Russia, which is causing issues with any investments domestically.  Putin will eventually pay the price for that behaviour, even if not immediately. 

Lol - that collapse of the oil price is destroing shale oil production in Saudi America.

Cutting off ones nose despite their face, is hardly a long term winsome strategy

Laugh if you'd like, but I know enough on this to have stated what I did the way I did.  And you're welcome to look back at my post history - I've never pretended to know stuff.  The collapse of the oil price deliberately happened in concert with the embargo on Russia.  It can't be sustained forever (and it has a lot of impact on others, most significantly shale in the US, which has the makings of a real debt issue when the 12-month hedges that everyone put on come off), but it isn't a coincidence.

Offline bigbonedrawky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #264 on: March 18, 2015, 03:40:59 pm »

This economic war of Oil is primarily aimed at Iran and its part of the Sunni / Shia struggle which is partly responsible for the current violence tearing Syria and Iraq to pieces.
It does however hurt Russia, because they are a exporter of oil but like Economic Sanctions the last people to suffer from the sanctions are the very people they are aimed at.   
Because the US, China and Eurozone are net importers of Oil overall it benefits them.
All in all there is no cutting of noses, its a win win. Even if the frackers prove themselves a busted flush. 

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #265 on: March 24, 2015, 09:42:47 am »
The West was stunned by Putin's military moves. Here's why NATO says it won't happen again

Ellen Frankman, The Takeaway
17 hrs ago

Russia last week celebrated the one-year anniversary of its annexation of Crimea. But while President Vladimir Putin and his supporters toasted their victory, Western forces say they're developing a strategy to deal with a leader who has lost whatever trust they once had in him.

"The events of a year ago are quite seared in my mind," says Maj. Gen. Gordon "Skip” Davis, NATO’s deputy chief of staff of operations and intelligence.

Davis admits the annexation of Crimea was a move the West did not see coming.

“We were very much focused on Ukraine writ large,” Davis says. “We had gotten to the point where we were briefing almost daily and watching what was happening between the Maidan protesters and [Viktor] Yanukovych's government.”

Yanukovych, who supported closer ties with Moscow rather than the West, was ousted by the Ukrainian parliament on February 22, 2014. By February 26, Davis says, unnamed soldiers and unmarked helicopters began showing up in Crimea.

He believes the Kremlin's behavior is part of a lineage of military deception known in Russian as “maskirovka,” which translates literally to "a little masquerade" — techniques that surprise and deceive the enemy.

“It’s a systemic mindset that they have really engrained and internalized for the better part of a century," he says. "We can already tell by their signals that they are willing to use maskirovka and unconventional and irregular means of maintaining influence in countries where they’re concerned or already see westward orientation or integration.”

Now that Russia's takeover has held, Davis says the West is on high alert and working to ensure that Russia can't further expand its territory.

"As we continue to try to understand Putin's psychology, I think now he has established a trend that has us all very focused on what he could do in the future," Davis says. “Much of what we’re doing right now in NATO, and have been doing over the last year, is focusing on responding to a potential threat that Russian military capabilities and violations of sovereignty pose to the alliance.”

Part of that response has involved devoting increased attention to the Baltic states, which were once part of the Soviet Union and have traditionally been targets of Russian expansion. All three of the Baltic countries — Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania — jointed NATO in 2004.

“Since March of last year, we immediately embarked on a series of measures that we call 'Assurance Measures,'" Davis says. The measures include ramped-up exercises and visits by NATO military personnel, which Davis hopes will deter aggression by Russia.

“NATO continues to respect its part of the NATO-Russia Founding Act, which says we’re not going to station significant forces in the former Soviet Union-Warsaw Pact countries," he says "What we’re doing is basically ensuring that we have the capability to rapidly reinforce.”

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/the-west-was-stunned-by-putins-military-moves-heres-why-nato-says-it-wont-happen-again/ar-BBiBMeA?ocid=mailsignout

Duh.
Kill the humourless

Offline telekon

• Keep Calm And Carry On Coughing......Urgently needs to know the German word for "woosh", cos clearly "ironie" escapes him :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm in love with here and I feel fine
« Reply #266 on: April 2, 2015, 11:06:17 am »
Putin threat of nuclear showdown over Baltics

President Putin is using the threat of a nuclear showdown over the Baltic states to force Nato to back away from Russia’s border, according to notes of a secret meeting between intelligence figures from Moscow and Washington.

Western security chiefs are braced for the Kremlin to begin a series of “destabilising actions” in Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania that would directly challenge Nato’s mutual defence pledge.

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/news/world/europe/article4399758.ece

What has the universe got to do with it? You're here in Brooklyn! Brooklyn is not expanding!

Offline El_Pistolero

• Has authorised the people of Newcastle to serial fellate him in a modern day Annabel Chong style nosh-a-thon.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #267 on: April 2, 2015, 11:49:39 am »
If it's the same story as the Independent then there really isn't anything in it. Crimea is Russian territory and thus Russia is justified in its use of nuclear weaponry if it is attacked as per their doctrine.

Moscow threatened a “spectrum of responses from nuclear to non-military” if Nato moved more forces into Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia.

Same with that bit. If a NATO build-up occurred there would obviously be a Russian reaction, and it obviously won't be nuclear.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #268 on: April 2, 2015, 01:02:09 pm »
The Baltic states are members of NATO now?  Russian agitation there will not go down well.

Popcorn's Art

Offline telekon

• Keep Calm And Carry On Coughing......Urgently needs to know the German word for "woosh", cos clearly "ironie" escapes him :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm in love with here and I feel fine
« Reply #269 on: April 2, 2015, 01:56:35 pm »
Yeah, they're members since 2004.

There's been a few incidents in Sweden recently involving Russia. The one below is from July last year where an American Boeing RC-135 was invading Swedish airspace after being "pushed" by a Russian plane out of Kaliningrad.

http://www.svd.se/nyheter/inrikes/unik-bild-visar-rysslands-aggressiva-upptradande_3790876.svd?sidan=2
What has the universe got to do with it? You're here in Brooklyn! Brooklyn is not expanding!

Offline bigbonedrawky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #270 on: April 2, 2015, 03:16:35 pm »
If it's the same story as the Independent then there really isn't anything in it. Crimea is Russian territory and thus Russia is justified in its use of nuclear weaponry if it is attacked as per their doctrine.

Same with that bit. If a NATO build-up occurred there would obviously be a Russian reaction, and it obviously won't be nuclear.
Why do you say it obviously wont be nuclear ?
If Vlad da Bad is as crazy and unbalanced as he is often portrayed,why dismiss it ?
During the Cuban Crisis an apparently less crazy President was moments away from launching a nuclear strike,mainly because Cuba was 90 miles away from his border.

Obama's reconciliation with Cuba might be more to do with finding some debt free Castro Care Doctors to work for his Romney Care but thankfully it also closes the door to that particular scenario happening again.

OBAMA PLANS COMMUNIST INVASION OF MERICA www.FOXNEWS  ;)

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #271 on: May 14, 2015, 06:52:40 pm »
I am seeing reports that Eurofighters have been intercepting Russian bombers either skirting or entering Balkan airspace.

Popcorn's Art

Offline JongWK

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #272 on: July 2, 2015, 08:54:35 pm »
Russia's HIV crisis worsens, government policies blamed.

HIV infection rates have steadily declined across much of the world, but Russia is one of the few countries where they’re rising. Experts lay much of the blame on the Russian government, pointing to its longstanding ban on methadone (a proven treatment for heroin addiction) and firm resistance to sex education. With President Vladimir Putin continuing to push a nationalistic, socially conservative agenda, the crisis seems poised to get even worse.

In May, Vadim Pokrovsky, the head of Russia’s state-run AIDS organization, told AFP that the country’s HIV epidemic has worsened dramatically in recent years, warning that at least 2 million people will be infected with the virus within the next five years. Pokrovsky added that there are now around 930,000 Russians infected with HIV, citing official statistics, of which 192,000 have already died. The latest tally of HIV-infected Russians — which experts describe as an underestimate — is up nearly twofold from the 500,000 people reported in 2010.]HIV infection rates have steadily declined across much of the world, but Russia is one of the few countries where they’re rising. Experts lay much of the blame on the Russian government, pointing to its longstanding ban on methadone (a proven treatment for heroin addiction) and firm resistance to sex education. With President Vladimir Putin continuing to push a nationalistic, socially conservative agenda, the crisis seems poised to get even worse.

In May, Vadim Pokrovsky, the head of Russia’s state-run AIDS organization, told AFP that the country’s HIV epidemic has worsened dramatically in recent years, warning that at least 2 million people will be infected with the virus within the next five years. Pokrovsky added that there are now around 930,000 Russians infected with HIV, citing official statistics, of which 192,000 have already died. The latest tally of HIV-infected Russians — which experts describe as an underestimate — is up nearly twofold from the 500,000 people reported in 2010.

And in Crimea:

"I think you could probably point to Russia as a worst-practice for virtually every aspect of how to respond to an HIV epidemic concentrated among drug users," says Daniel Wolfe, director of the International Harm Reduction Program at the Open Society Foundations, the George Soros-funded NGO.

Experts point to Crimea as a tragic case study. When Russia annexed the region from Ukraine in 2014, it swiftly ended opioid substitution therapy at drug rehab centers. Of the 805 addicts who had been receiving methadone, between 80 and 100 died, the UN’s AIDS envoy told journalists earlier this year. Most of those deaths were by suicide or overdose.

The government is also persecuting NGOs that promote anything other than approved HIV treatments.  :butt
"I look at him doing all sorts of crazy shit and mostly I burst out laughing at his insane genius.
I mean, if his first reaction to a ball bouncing in front of him 40 yards from goal is 'I'm going to whack this into the net from here', you just have to laugh at the sheer improbability of it all."
~~Ray K, on Luis Suarez (Liverpool 5 - Norwich 1)

Offline jambutty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #273 on: July 3, 2015, 06:46:21 pm »
Once the sanctions are lifted, Cuba could become the cosmetic surgery capital of the world.
Kill the humourless

Offline Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me
« Reply #274 on: July 8, 2015, 04:22:33 pm »
Russia has vetoed a United Nations Security Council resolution that would have described the 1995 massacre at Srebrenica as "genocide".

Four other members of the council abstained while the remainder voted in favour.

The killing of some 8,000 Muslim men and boys by Bosnian Serb troops was the worst massacre in Europe since World War Two.

The motion had angered Serbia, which rejects the term.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-33445772

Hardly a surprise but another indication of how depraved Putin and the Russian regime has become.

Offline Grexit

• Boys Pen
« Reply #275 on: July 8, 2015, 07:43:40 pm »
It's politics mate.

Russia has a lot of flaws for sure but what you are pointing out is a commonality between many nations. Belgium still maintains it's rule in the Congo was a civilizing mission and it was only a couple of years ago when a museum celebrating their rule was shut down for renovation. There are still statues of the many White Belgians who died on this 'mission' but no mention or acknowledgement of the atrocities suffered by the native Black Congolese where limbs were chopped on a regular basis.

England still has stolen jewels within their borders that originate from various places in the world brought over during the end of the colonial era and continues to gloss over atrocities like the Hola massacre in Kenya and the Jallianwala Bagh massacre in India.

I would be interested if anyone could provide an analysis on the Russian economy post sanctions?

Offline martinf

• Main Stander
  • Liverpool FC is my religion, Anfield is my church
A Liverbird upon my chest

JFT96 - We have the Truth, now give the 96 Justice and bring those responsible to account for their actions.

Offline bigbonedrawky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #277 on: July 8, 2015, 11:48:10 pm »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-33445772

Hardly a surprise but another indication of how depraved Putin and the Russian regime has become.
Not sure its a indicator of depravity "The most serious crimes of concern to the international committee" is the draft the Russian wanted because they thought it "less divisive" "more general, more reconciling".( after lobbying from the serbs )

Now tbf those words leave very little room for manoeuvre, there is no dispute over the meaning of any of the words or the sentence itself...whereas the word Genocide is open to debate (whilst proving itself too emotive a subject to actually allow the debate to move on ) and this opens the door to it been used as a political football.

So where do we draw the line ? Is it just a question of numbers if so how many ? Is it inappropriate to compare it to the Holocaust? Does it in any way undermine the severity of the charges brought at Nuremburg? Does calling it a Massacre equate to genocide denial ?
I'm sitting on the fence and going with Genocidal Massacre.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #278 on: July 10, 2015, 11:46:42 am »
It was genocide pure and simple. http://www.teachgenocide.org/files/UN%20Definition%20of%20Genocide.pdf

It was not coincidence that the unarmed 8000 men and boys who were separated out in the Srebrenica, marched to a forest, given a bullet to the back of the head and then buried in a common pit were all of the same ethnicity and religion.   

Are we surprised that Putin and Russia don't recognise the crime? Disgusted, perhaps, but surely not surprised. This is a regime that is now re-revising what was said about the 1930s genocide in the Ukraine and which is currently in the process of rehabilitating Stalin, the greatest mass murderer (though maybe Mao?) of the 20th century.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #279 on: July 28, 2015, 11:17:13 am »
Hard to disagree with Putin on this one. Blatter deserves his place amongst such esteemed philanthropists.

Sepp Blatter deserves Nobel Prize, says Vladimir Putin

"People like Mr Blatter or the heads of big international sporting federations, or the Olympic Games, deserve special recognition," said Putin.

"If there is anyone who deserves the Nobel Prize, it's those people."

Slightly misleading headline but still, let's just pretend Putin wants Blatter as the next Nobel Prize winner. If they manage to keep the World Cup given their continued aggression and hostility towards others in the region they should both be awarded one.