Author Topic: Our fantastic away support  (Read 1521746 times)

Offline Floydy

• G is for grumpy. It is modest understatement.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hidden in the shadows, Orchestrating life
Re: Our fantastic away support
« Reply #7480 on: October 31, 2016, 08:39:37 am »
and Oh Campione from PAOK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqo_rqMc8NA#t=89

We need another good run in Europe for some inspiration.
do we though? we have a repotoire like no other english club.  Plenty of songs we could sing as some posted above.  Would love to hear us have a throwback to yesteryear with our songs.    London Bridge is falling down....... We dont carry bottles, we dont carry lead.   So so many that make us unique and and point to our rich heritage and tradition as a club/fanbase.
Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.  Albert Einstein.  
Unquestionable trust in authority is the enemy of truth. Albert Einstein
Wake up to the war on for your mind!

Offline scouse neapolitan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7481 on: October 31, 2016, 09:23:07 am »
One thing to notice is the fact that in the past, our songbook took its influence from some “lofty” sources. “Get back to Italy” was based on the Neapolitan song Santa Lucia, and the “we’re gonna win the league” (which I would love to be given a run-out in the next few weeks) was based on Edith Piaf’s Milord  FFS!!
Hardly, your run-of-the-mill bog-house “who are ya?! shite …
Ring of fire follows on in this tradition and so many others as well.
Another favourite was the Fuck them all, at Anfield the Forest will fall- based on the 2nd world war song Bless ‘em all, the long and the short and the tall.
Our song book is also a throw back to times past when our own dads had just come back from the second world war. This is why it’s so important in my humble opinion to give these songs an occasional airing. This is our own songline. It’s a time capsule and a connection with the past, our fathers and grandfathers who sang them at Anfield. Surely that’s enough for them to be remembered .
I’m not against singing songs for old players either. Like the Luis Garcia song brightens the place up and the fantastic maxi Rodriguez song gets an occasional run-out, I’d love to hear a few of our even older ones given an occasional airing. “Come on without, come on within, you’ll not see nothing like the mighty Emlyn!”   
If they’re not sung, then younger generations will never know about them. This is our rich unique history.
I actually cringe when I hear what the Geordies have done to our wonderful Rafa song. That’s another song that I would have loved to hear even after Rafa left us

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #7482 on: October 31, 2016, 09:25:16 am »
Posted already on the home thread- sorry for being repetitive, but when I read about new songs thought it was worth posting again. Here goes.

Now is the time for some serious creativity and additions to our repertoire, as well as giving some older lesser known songs an airing.

It’s difficult if you can’t get to the games to get them started but those who do, should keep the new ones and decent old  ones  pumping in the ale house before games  with their mates and then to a bigger audience.
Some good observations have been made on here in recent weeks. Singing, and atmosphere are a big thing in Jurgen Klopp’s footballing theory. That’s why we have a huge responsibilty to remind him and the team just who we are and to make us a place that players want to come to. The other arguments about safe stading and the halfy halfy scarves , bell-ends on the Kop checking their mobiles and taken photos of opposition players  have contributed to deteriorating atmosphere, but that’s another story.

There are older songs that need to be given an airing and it was a good to put them in to different categories as someone did a couple of weeks ago.
1)   When the team have their backs up to the wall:

In the past the Kop used to belt out; “Come on Scousers, come on scousers!”

Or “Get into them! Get into them!!” (this was also used to encourage the Annie Rd to charge at the opposition but that’s another story too!)

Another one which was aimed to get the team back into the game was “Come on you mighty reds, come on you mighty reds, come on you reds, come on you mighty reds”  (To the tune of “ those were the days my friend”- incidendly another cracking song which was sung widely in the late 60s and 70s)

2)   With the team swarming forward, the Kop used to just push them forward with  “Li-ver-pool, Li-ver-pool.”
  Then there was the  short sharp. LIVERPOOL (clap clap clap) LIVERPOOL- powerful and defiant.
There was also the  LIV-ERP-Double OL Liverpool FC (sung to Jesus Christ Superstar)

"Allez les rouges " was a cracker too.
3)   Away game defiance-

“Scousers here, scousers, there scousers every fucking where as the away end started filling up- Used to love that one
4)    Going for the Title

With us always being in the mix for the League title, there was the  “We’re going to win the League“ which is getting an airing I hear as it did in the run-in a couple of years ago.
But there was an even better one which was sung to an old Edith Piaf tune Milord:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwe3CzWZ4Bg

“We’re going to win the League, we’re gonna win the League, we’re gonna win win win win win the League”. This was absolutely brilliant when boomed out by the Kop

Another good one was :  “Liverpool Liverpool, top of the League, Liverpool top of the League.”
 I’d love to hear that when we get back on our perch.

5)   Newer ones:
That’s entertainment is utter brilliance. Hope it really takes off more in the next few weeks.

Sorry about the lack of modesty, but I also like my own one for Matip a couple of pages ago  It obviously flew under the radar (or was considered utterly shite!). Ah well!

I’d love it to get a sounding. It’s bounceable and if I was able to get to games, my mates and I would definitely get it going!   From (0.59 seconds on) . The song's called "Just My type" - perfect for Joel Matip. Some people were complaining that there aren't enough songs for the new players. Here's one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqWc2X8fSuc

For some people, creating an atmosphere might be of secondary importance. As far as I’m concerned, and I think this is the manager’s line too, the support is as important as getting a big signing. This on eone of the reasons that Klopp was attracted to our club in the first place. If you have a ticket on the Kop (or anywhere else for that matter), you have a privilege and an enormous responsibility to do your bit. Learn the fucking songs or give your ticket to someone else.
Atmosphere makes an enormous difference , gets points, respect and makes players want to be part of the club. When we’re  going through a bad patch as well. Sorry if I’m ranting again buti t really is dear to me even if (or because) I’m an old git.

Great post  ;D

Some more from the memory banks ...

'Scousers rule and don't you forget it!'

'We are ace, we are cream, we're the best you've ever seen, nananana nanana nana'

'What the fucking hell was that?'

'Shitty ground, shitty ground, shitty ground.'

Offline gatcliffe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7483 on: October 31, 2016, 10:29:22 am »
Come on without
Come On within
You ain't seen nothing
Like the mighty Emlyn

RIP Emlyn YNWA
Like a bottle of wine the reds get better and better.

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7484 on: October 31, 2016, 12:17:15 pm »
Just need some more player songs! The generic chant that is getting used for Lallana and Firmino is fine but should really be one that goes along with a proper player song.

Player songs have been awful for years now, they have been brilliant in the past. Maxi, Gerrard, Suarez, Garica, Torres list goes on.

I agree, pretty tiresome. But I know plenty regulars that actively find the "songs" to be a bit "wooly" which is a shame.

I found it hilarious the couple lads trying to "get into" the Palace fans near the barricade, not realising pretty much everyone on that boundary edge was a Liverpool fan in disguise and recording each of our celebrations.

Really wish I had more time on the weekends to be hitting games more regularly. Been missing it.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2016, 12:22:26 pm by RainbowFlick »
YNWA.

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7485 on: October 31, 2016, 01:23:38 pm »
I agree, pretty tiresome. But I know plenty regulars that actively find the "songs" to be a bit "wooly" which is a shame.

A bit wooly or a bit shit?

I think part of the problem is people trying to make them up over the internet, never works.  Needs to follow the natural evolution in the ale house.  A group of mates having a laugh and a sing song and naturally most songs will be shit, and you'll get people saying, "nah, that's wool" (even if it's Scousers singing it).  Eventually though someone will come up with something with a decent tune that gets people humming, words will get changed, it'll be sung in the ale house and eventually into the ground.

I think these days people demand a good song immediately and feel it's below them to sing a simple chant until something better comes about.

For a long, long time it was "Only One Micheal Owen" and "Stephen Gerrard clap, clap clap", before anything decent came up.  There was plenty of really "wool" songs (that were probably made up by Scousers) for Gerrard until one day a group of lads having a laugh in the pub got it right.  And a few years later we came up with another good'n.

As I said, it's still a fairly new team.  Nothing wrong with simple chants for new players, regardless of how good they are.  Shortly, someone will come up with a second line for Mane's song, pub evolution.
With me 3 star jumper half way up me back!

Offline Giovanni

• C'mon Chelsea!!! Stood on the Spyin Kop, the tricky bitch. Look out!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7486 on: October 31, 2016, 02:17:23 pm »
just sing their name, it doesn't need 4 verses and a chorus to some remote 1997 euro pop classic.

If players share a song, so what.

Sturridge doesn't even have one all together which is just ridiculous.
cyas

Offline scouse neapolitan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7487 on: October 31, 2016, 02:39:35 pm »
Well it's his own fault, he shouldnt have 2 syllables in his name!

Offline MerseysideBrum

• Legacy Fan
  • Show them the way to go ome
« Reply #7488 on: October 31, 2016, 03:04:32 pm »
just sing their name, it doesn't need 4 verses and a chorus to some remote 1997 euro pop classic.
is that a joke or what

its boring as shit to just chant their name and i'd argue a particular song shows more appreciate and thought
The reds are coming up the hill boys.

Offline Giovanni

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7489 on: October 31, 2016, 03:28:49 pm »
no it's not a joke.

Sometimes simple is best. Everyone trying to come up with the next torres song is the reason our songbook has dried up.
cyas

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7490 on: October 31, 2016, 03:33:31 pm »
To be honest, the fact we are singing our players names with gusto makes me happy. I agree with Giovanni. Screw the fancy songs and just sing each and every players name with volume

The basic Adam Lallana chant when he went off on Saturday was fucking loud. I loved it and so did he judging by the way he turned back and applauded us.

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #7491 on: October 31, 2016, 03:51:09 pm »
Still don't know why we don't just do roberto Firmino to the mascherano white stripes tune, a scouser started it in the league cup pub before Southampton and most joined in
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline number 168

• Bootle - Aigburth Vale. Mon-Sat evenings, Sundays & Bank Holidays only. Arl fart clearly past his sell-his-season-ticket-by-date.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #7492 on: October 31, 2016, 03:59:23 pm »
It would help to revert to YNWA being sung 5 minutes before the players exited the tunnel, so individual and collective chants could happen and build up to kick off. These days it's not unusual to still be singing YNWA after they've kicked off! Assuming of course you are not one of the tits who clap before the end.

Offline MerseysideBrum

• Legacy Fan
  • Show them the way to go ome
« Reply #7493 on: October 31, 2016, 03:59:58 pm »
no it's not a joke.

Sometimes simple is best. Everyone trying to come up with the next torres song is the reason our songbook has dried up.
I'd argue people being anal about what consitutes a good chant is what has led to the songbook drying up.

Anything that isn't just a repetition of their name is good enough for me as long as it's not a rip off of another clubs chant. I have no issue with chanting someones name while they don't have a song though.
The reds are coming up the hill boys.

Offline quinny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #7494 on: October 31, 2016, 04:02:33 pm »
Sturridge doesn't even have one all together which is just ridiculous.

He does - starting to think I'm making this up because everyone on here claims he hasn't got one!

Offline youll never walk alone it

• Can no longer walk alone as he has whiplash... or that's what his insurer thinks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7495 on: October 31, 2016, 04:06:15 pm »
So superwool?  name me 1 player back when the kop was a terrace who had anything other than a basic chant? they were all as simple as.
Im drunk  but i havent had  a drink!  bob paisley after rome 77                The times i had here wernt all great, we only  finished 2nd one  season....the great  bob paisley

when shanks was asked  how he relaxed,  he said  he looks at the league table and checks where everton are...

Offline gatcliffe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7496 on: October 31, 2016, 04:16:30 pm »
So superwool?  name me 1 player back when the kop was a terrace who had anything other than a basic chant? they were all as simple as.
Can I give 1 the John Toshack song to men of Harlech was a decent song in seventies.
Like a bottle of wine the reds get better and better.

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7497 on: October 31, 2016, 04:27:13 pm »

Emlyn Hughes
Roger Hunt
Ian St John
Kenny Dalglish
Bruce Grobbeller
Steve Heighway
John Toshack (also included Steve Heighway and Kevin Keegan).

It depends on what era your on about, if you mean the 80's, then yes definitely.

Most people on here want it to be like the Rafa / Houlier teams though where most have their own song (just like they did for most of the 60s and 70s).

I'm not sure what you're point is, I keep saying there's nothing wrong with basic chants, if there's nothing better going.

Offline Max999

• Anny Roader
« Reply #7498 on: October 31, 2016, 04:32:50 pm »
He does - starting to think I'm making this up because everyone on here claims he hasn't got one!

He does, the Paddy Berger one. Gets sung at aways, although don't think I've really heard it on the Kop.

Offline Theoldkopite

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Survived The Boy's Pen in the 60's.
« Reply #7499 on: October 31, 2016, 04:59:03 pm »
It would help to revert to YNWA being sung 5 minutes before the players exited the tunnel, so individual and collective chants could happen and build up to kick off. These days it's not unusual to still be singing YNWA after they've kicked off! Assuming of course you are not one of the tits who clap before the end.

There's quite a few of those...on the Kop as well!
« Last Edit: October 31, 2016, 10:30:48 pm by Theoldkopite »

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #7500 on: November 1, 2016, 06:08:11 pm »
Come on without
Come On within
You ain't seen nothing
Like the mighty Emlyn

RIP Emlyn YNWA
Nobel prize for literature for the guy who (sort of ) wrote that
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline rhylred

• Here, There and Everywhere Bar Hull City.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7501 on: November 1, 2016, 07:20:47 pm »
Think the old na na na na hey hey hey  Alan Hansen song would be ok for James Milner...

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7502 on: November 1, 2016, 07:31:01 pm »
Your plain chant depended on your syllables (oo er missus)

2 ... Phil Neal clap clap clap or the St John/Toshack clap

3 ... Phillllll Thomp-son clapclapclapclapclap

4. Al-an Han-sen clapclap clapclap clap

5.. Ter-ry Mc-Der-mott clapclap clapclap clap

Difficult to get over on paper, but there you go.

Offline LFC_1981

• Legacy Fan
  • The Glory round Anfield Road!
« Reply #7503 on: November 1, 2016, 08:09:20 pm »
The Divock Origi chant.. are we up to 4 players now with the exact same chant? I'm all for simple chants but is that the best we can offer? Seems to have died a death players songs recently.. or have the too cool for school terrace culture lot decided player songs are wool now?

I know bit mad with the 4 players now. It's obvious the next one is going to be "JIMMY MILLLLLLNER" 

Offline LFC_1981

• Legacy Fan
  • The Glory round Anfield Road!
« Reply #7504 on: November 1, 2016, 08:10:18 pm »
Think the old na na na na hey hey hey  Alan Hansen song would be ok for James Milner...

Yes spot on that.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #7505 on: November 1, 2016, 08:24:06 pm »
SupercalifragilisticRobertoFirmino
When he gets the ball you know he's gonna score a screamer
All the kopites sing his name, he really is our hero

:P

@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7506 on: November 1, 2016, 08:29:55 pm »

I actually quite like that  ;D
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline AaronSingh25

• Never Going to Grow Old. Dis-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7507 on: November 1, 2016, 08:33:36 pm »
Our songs are just the players name chant now rite ?

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #7508 on: November 1, 2016, 08:37:18 pm »
Our songs are just the players name chant now rite ?

Can you hear AaronSingh?

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #7509 on: November 1, 2016, 08:39:40 pm »
I actually quite like that  ;D

I know, am ace aren't I. ;D 

If only I sat in 304/5 and could ask the righteous ones their permission to sing it....... ;)

@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #7510 on: November 1, 2016, 08:39:57 pm »
There's quite a few of those...on the Kop as well!

Yes I thought we had got rid of them last season after a few embarrassing claps and cheers after the 1st chorus but this season every home game has been a huge amount of people on the KOP who clearly don't go often who are doing it. Its so fuckin annoying
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline Giovanni

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7511 on: November 1, 2016, 09:33:58 pm »
I'd argue people being anal about what consitutes a good chant is what has led to the songbook drying up.

Anything that isn't just a repetition of their name is good enough for me as long as it's not a rip off of another clubs chant. I have no issue with chanting someones name while they don't have a song though.
it's not about whether they are good or bad, it's about whether 3000 people can remember the words or the fucking tune.
cyas

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7512 on: November 1, 2016, 09:59:34 pm »
Your plain chant depended on your syllables (oo er missus)

2 ... Phil Neal clap clap clap or the St John/Toshack clap

Don't remember a Phil Neal clap clap clap.  Just the Zico chant.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7513 on: November 1, 2016, 10:21:03 pm »

;D  brilliant mate

Offline GinKop

• He's going to run to you (ooh-oooh). Knows a techtard when he sees one
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
« Reply #7514 on: November 1, 2016, 10:40:24 pm »
As shown when Lallana went off, the chants are great and loud when done properly. But I will go back to what I said earlier, have the generic chants, do them...LOUD...but have an absolutely ballistic song to boot too.

Plenty of times Torres song was sung in addition to the Kenny clap clap clap "Torres" one.
JFT97

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #7515 on: November 2, 2016, 05:57:47 am »

;D

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #7516 on: November 2, 2016, 07:34:03 am »
Come on without
Come On within
You ain't seen nothing
Like the mighty Emlyn

RIP Emlyn YNWA

RIP

Come on within
Come on without
you aint seen nothing like the mighty dirk kuyt

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #7517 on: November 2, 2016, 07:35:20 am »

;D no.

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #7518 on: November 2, 2016, 07:38:23 am »

Phil Neal that had four european cups and played for and managed my granddads favourite team Bolton Wanderers :)

I've got a card in my drawer that says "To Tommy, all the best, thanks for the support, Phil Neal".

You must hate me being a wool/out of towner ;D - My parents hated footie till I got them to support Liverpool. My mum loves Liverpool but she used to go to Burnden Park and cheer on Bolton Wanderers with my granddad. Shame he passed when I was only 9 years old or I might have had a different team.
« Last Edit: November 2, 2016, 07:43:39 am by Hij »

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7519 on: November 2, 2016, 10:02:28 am »

Can't say for sure it was done at the match - do remember the chant though. We may have made it up on that killer train journey to Rome. I knew a girl who worked in the club offices at the time ... even she got a chant  :P