Author Topic: Liverpool vs Crystal Palace 14/4/2024 14:00  (Read 12654 times)

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Time is an illusion, Lunchtime, doubly so." F.P.
Liverpool vs Crystal Palace 14/4/2024 14:00
« on: April 12, 2024, 12:51:26 pm »
Liverpool FC vs Crystal Palace
Premier League Week 33
14/4/2024 14:00 Kick Off
Venue: Anfield

vs

Officials:
Referee: Chris Kavanagh.
Assistants: Simon Bennett and Dan Robathan.

Fourth official: Keith Stroud.

VAR: Michael Oliver.
Assistant VAR: Stuart Burt.

Managers:
Liverpool: Jurgen Klopp
Crystal Palace: Oliver Glasner

Team Selection:

Liverpool: TBD
Crystal Palace: TBD

The world is really simple when you break it down. We are born, we live, we die. Simple. It is the stuff between being born and dying, you know the living bit that is all complicated. Family life, housing, eating, school, work, and so on... and then there is the leisure activities that occupy our time and minds. Football is one such activity. Like life, football is really simple when you boil it down. 22 players kick a ball around a pitch for 90 minutes and the team that puts the ball into the back of the other teams net the most wins. Simple. Like life, football is complicated by the stuff the happens in the 90 minutes between whistles for kick off and the game ending. Margin of errors, pass completion, presses made, XG percentage, fouls committed, atmosphere, time of day, time relative to the last game, and so on...  Complicated.

It seems this season, run in, this month, is even more complicated than the game is in the 90+ minutes of each game. Klopp leaving, player injuries to the likes of Allison, Trent, Jota, Matip, pressure from opposition teams to try and be perfect, reliance on our youth/academy players, controversial decisions by the refs/pgmol/and VAR, ticket price increases.

It need not be this way. We can simplify things again.

The world, it seems, wants to complicate things for us. Pens not given for us against both our title rivals, legit goals not given, Mo finally getting injured and not starting a league game in almost four months, the complacency last night...  And then, a few months ago, a local lad gave an innocuous interview to a reporter which was blown way out of proportion. It means more to us. It simply does. Full-stop. One does not have to look hard or far to see this. You only have to look at the manner in which Liverpool have responded to their injury crisis. The way the youngsters carry themselves. The emotion in the voices of the Kop. The way the captain  inspires the side, the city, the global fanbase. It Means More To Us. It really does.

Sunday, there will be far fewer flags in the Kop, as a protest to the ticket price increase. I applaud this decision, it can not be one taken lightly. The powers that be are wrong to raise prices, supporters give so much already to this club, wither they are locals that attend week in and week out for decades or traveling Reds who pinch pennies and save pounds to visit Anfield and see the team and city we love. There are more important things than money, than a paltry few million more pounds from a ticket price increase. We have a fervent desire to see our team win the big one for the gaffer before he departs. We know how much Anfield can shape a game, can push us to the next and higher level, can seemingly propel us onto victory. Additionally we know the importance of our passion this time of year. I am not referring to the run in, but to the anniversary of Hillsborough. Games around this date are always poignant. There will be flags honoring dearly departed Reds, there will be a moment of silence, there will be somber faces in the crowd, where waving flags should be.

Complicated.

But, there will also be XI players in Red, looking to bury any doubt that we belong at the top of the league table. XI lads looking to score as many goals as it takes to ensure three points. To keep the pressure on the teams around us, those pretender clubs.

Score more than the opposition, concede less. Win.

Simple.

We have just three remaining home games in the league left with Klopp at the helm. THREE. Make them count. I know the lads in Red will.

After-all, There is a League to be Won.

UP THE REDS!

YNWA
I watched a YouTube video and decided that Paul Konchesky looked like a player.
A dead animal is a dead animal. And a piece of meat is a piece of meat.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
Re: Liverpool vs Crystal Palace 14/4/2024 14:00
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2024, 12:53:00 pm »
This is surely back to our clobberin time

Batter em I reckon. Klopp ain't happy and god knows what he's like in team talks when even the public can tell he's miserable but that performance via Atlanta won't abide

I predicted 3-1 in the greene king sport app and I do believe I will be winning a free drink

Offline Redley

• Legacy Fan
  • Turned doubters to believers
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2024, 12:58:00 pm »
Press conference in two minutes, he's not gonna be a happy chappy

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blessed are the Cheesemakers
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2024, 12:59:11 pm »
This has suddenly turned into a different game. They'll take heart from last night, we'll be doubting ourselves after a bad run of results and now performances.

We're better than them yet they have the ability to hurt teams with the forwards they've got. We need mental resilience* as well as being player for player at the top of our game. If we can get in front for a change we'll finish the job but if we let them get up a head of steam through Eze and Olise plus Eduardo and Ayew then it could be a long afternoon.

Up the Reds! Back to the top of the league for Sunday night.

* Word of the year 2024
*****LFC Purveyors of fine football tradition since 1892*****

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2024, 01:06:45 pm »
Don’t start the game half asleep and try and kill the game off early. Please.

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2024, 01:07:23 pm »
Just fucking win.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2024, 01:07:51 pm »
For the love of god please put in a shift from the very first minute, it would be great not to be 1-0 or at 1-1 stuggling for chances

Offline zamagiure

• tujenkins
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2024, 01:14:05 pm »
Just win a game of football
mines a pint

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2024, 01:17:43 pm »
Win. Don`t care how. Just win.

Cheers Crimson. You're right !
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2024, 01:23:02 pm »
Confident for this one

Liverpool 0 - Palace 4

Jobs a good un. Then off to the alehouse with nothing to stress about for the rest of the season!

Hurrah?
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2024, 01:23:47 pm »
Going for 3 minutes for the first 'big stop by Kelleher'

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2024, 01:24:15 pm »
Thanks CT for the writeup.

As you said, football is a simple game and I think we need to get back to focusing on the basics.
Pass and move.......it's as simple (or complicated as that). Sharpen up our passing and move into space. String passes together and don't try to do everything yourself.
Oh and defend.....mark a player and be aware of who is behind or in front of you. Don't give them any space or time on the ball.

We were outplayed by Atalanta, not by skill but by simple tactics.

Jurgen needs to get his team firing on all cylinders again and to play like a team.

This is obviously another must win game and we need to play as if our lives depended on it. Win the game and maybe, just maybe, the other results will go our way and then things will start to look much better.
#JFT97

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2024, 01:25:13 pm »
I can't pretend to be confident at the moment we can't appear to score easily and Palace can be awkward to play.The other things that concerns me is how long the likes of Trent, Diogo will take to find any sort of rhythm. We need someone to grab hold of this game and give the ground and team a lift. Let's see if someone can.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2024, 01:28:37 pm »
Palace will play like Sheff Utd did stick 10 behind the ball but they do have better forwards than them.

I expect us to be bang up for this as a team/ crowd and we'll win if we dont then it doesnt bare thinking about.

Online HardworkDedication

• Hardwork and Dedication linked to many stories - Mingebag. Has no opinion of his own. Human news ticker tape.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2024, 01:43:29 pm »
Kelleher
Bradley
Konate
Van Dijk
Robertson
Mac Allister
Jones/Gravenberch
Elliott
Salah
Nunez
Diaz

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2024, 01:45:01 pm »
Fans in the stadium are absolutely massive here. It's likely we'll go behind early on, we do it a lot.  It's on repeat but we can't keep doing that.  Fans. players, Klopp - right on it from kick off. Right into this shower and go top of the league. No passengers

Offline Irishred1

• Anny Roader
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2024, 02:12:46 pm »
Win by any means. I am so shell shocked that even the thoughts of Jordan Ayew is scaring me. Hopefully the lads find their form again and get the win.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2024, 02:16:32 pm »
Alisson starts please.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2024, 02:37:14 pm »
Kelleher
Bradley
Konate
Van Dijk
Robertson
Mac Allister
Jones/Gravenberch
Elliott
Salah
Nunez
Diaz

Yeppers

Online Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2024, 02:39:55 pm »
Absolute must win. Need to show composure.
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

Offline medley

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Garrincha
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2024, 02:56:23 pm »
I'd love us to not concede first, start fast, aggressive, zippy, fierce, mean. I want their the Palace players to go home on that bus feeling uneasy about what they've just witness before their very own eyes

Or we can start slow, score a shitty goal and win 1-0. Either way is good
My mate is Sarah Harding's cousin from girls aloud, he looks a fair but like her which is a bit weird when i'm cracking one off over MTV like

Offline JammyJimmy

• Kemlynite
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2024, 03:01:03 pm »
I'd like to see a gameplan for this one, we looked so lost and bereft of ideas v Atalanta.

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2024, 03:06:32 pm »
9-0.

That'll be a response to last night.
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2024, 03:11:09 pm »
Play like we did against United for first half.

Just improve the finishing.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2024, 03:22:09 pm »
Funny how a couple of results can really deflate you. Was eagerly looking forward to fixtures before the UTD game but now it’s kind of like meh, which is strange given I’m optimistic we can still win in Italy and still win this league. All part of being a football fan and going through the rollercoaster of emotions, I guess.

Regarding this game, there is so much we need to improve on and Palace will likely sense blood. I think they’ll have Eze and Olise available for this which spells danger for our leaky defence.

Probably see something like the below, can see it being a real slog if we dont score early or they take the lead, confidence is probably at the lowest it’s been all season.

Kelleher
Bradley
Quansah
VVD
Robbo
Endo
Mac
Dom
Diaz
Nunez
Salah
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2024, 03:24:01 pm »
I think Elliott deserves a go in attacking midfield. Szobozslai has been awful.

Offline deano2727

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2024, 03:38:08 pm »
Biggest game of the season, although, I suppose they all are as long as we keep winning in the league.

Anything but a win here, and it's curtains for our season. Personally, I think we actually need a convincing win. I think a comfortable win will be almost as important to restore calm and confidence.

Offline Fruity

• Batty. Box clever. Can weather all lifts. May in fact be Robbie Rotten.
  • Legacy Fan
  • a fruit is not just for christmas...
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2024, 03:40:28 pm »
im going old school here. Liverpool 9 Crystal Palace 0.
alf a pound of braeburns!

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2024, 03:40:50 pm »
In addition to winning, I want a good performance here because our performances have been poor since the FA cup game at Old Trafford. It's weird because i thought we played well and we looked really composed in that game. Probably the shock of losing that way has dented our confidence.

The difference between the FA cup and now is that we're now forcing things when we have setbacks in games like the Brighton and United games in the league. It justs suggests to me that we're feeling the pressure and our confidence is low.

Anyway, for this game, the team sheet is a hard one because we have quite a few out-of form players like Mo, Darwin and Dom who'd normally be expected to start. I'd probably go for:

Becker

Bradley Konate Virg Robertson

Elliott Endo Mac

Salah Gakpo Diaz

Big players are back for injury but it would be better to ease them in because some like Jones and Jota look rusty. In a way, the performance slightly more important than the result (still a must-win) because we need to rebuild our confidence before the stretch of 4 away games and the second leg against Atalanta. A close, nervy win after another poor performance won't really help us because it wouldn't bode well for the upcoming fixtures.

Offline Mr Grieves

• at losing other mr, ending years of Broken Wings encores.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2024, 03:41:21 pm »
Home win by whatever score, followed by an Arsenal draw and the world will feel a much happier place.
Put the ball in the goddamn basket chief

Offline Fruity

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2024, 03:41:39 pm »
9-0.

Got there first I see.

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2024, 03:43:29 pm »
I mean we all know our lads are gonna react in the right way.
They are who they are, managed by THE guy, and play for THIS club.

The sort of performance we saw on Thursday where it looked a little confused and lacked a bit of conviction, I hope will not be seen again this season....but i know we won't be seeing it again on Sunday. Not just because im going  ;D

A really good performance would be great to see....not going a goal down or being pegged back...a convincing win to settle the nerves and reset focus for the remainder of the season.

All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2024, 03:44:07 pm »
Got there first I see.

Haha! Hope we're both right, and it's not another result from the same era against this lot...
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2024, 03:45:16 pm »
Seems the goal-difference high-score merchants are out hunting again.
I expect the same as in all remaining games - struggle and hopefully a win.
Won't be easy, not expecting some hammering no matter how much of a response there is to last night.

It'll be difficult and they will cause us problems.

Offline Wool

• eBack
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2024, 03:53:35 pm »
Kelleher
Bradley
Konate
Van Dijk
Robertson
Mac Allister
Jones/Gravenberch
Elliott
Salah
Nunez
Diaz
Yep…. But we all know Endo’s starting and Elliot isn’t.

Offline deano2727

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2024, 03:56:21 pm »
Seems the goal-difference high-score merchants are out hunting again.
I expect the same as in all remaining games - struggle and hopefully a win.
Won't be easy, not expecting some hammering no matter how much of a response there is to last night.

It'll be difficult and they will cause us problems.

It's not about goal difference, it's about instilling some calm and confidence in a team that have had two hugely disappointing results. We've also not had a comfortable win in weeks. You have to go as far back as February for our last convincing win in the league.

2-0, scoring them both in the first half will do me nicely.

Offline Fruity

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: April 12, 2024, 03:58:55 pm »
Some of the ways I see this game going. It's multiple choice

1. We start well plenty of urgency create some great chances but Nunez and friends put em wide or over and heads start to drop and Palace score, we struggle and get one back near the end and we all cry on here because it's all but finished our chances of winning the league.

2. We start slowly and Palace score but we get 2 or 3 2nd half and win. Bit of moaning on here about our inability to start well but happiness overall.

3. We start slowly and Palace score and players get nervy, fans get nervy, I shit my pants and my heart rate goes through the roof and our season is over and RAWK gets fucked up that evening.

4 We start with renewed vigour and our strikers are scoring for fun, goal after goal, I am sitting there comfortably eating left over Malteaser bunnies, loving life and springtime. Wishing Joy and love to all.

Offline lfc_col

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
« Reply #37 on: April 12, 2024, 03:59:07 pm »
9-0.

Whats the odds on that  :D
We Won It Six Times

JFT 97

Offline Schmarn

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: April 12, 2024, 04:03:03 pm »

Lovely write up that. Perspective is always important.

Flags or not, the crowd need to be feral as if City are our opponents. Set the tone for the players who need to play with intensity and pace hounding Palace in possession and attacking in numbers. Play with confidence, not with fear, especially upfront.

I think we’ll be on it and we’ll come out of the ground bouncing just in time to watch Emery teach Arsenal a lesson. I’m calling it.

Online Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #39 on: April 12, 2024, 04:07:18 pm »
For the love of god please put in a shift from the very first minute, it would be great not to be 1-0 or at 1-1 stuggling for chances

Yeah, our approach to this needs to be very different. Our lackadaisical starts need to be knocked on the head and we need to show control from the very start - no giving up easy chances in the first 10 mins like Atalanta, Sheffield United and Brighton before that. Did United have an early break which they couldn't convert to a shot? It feels all too similar.

I think our midfield needs to be addressed. They are all great individually but I think our run of momentum and goals, celebration of youth, culminating in a Cup win was making some problems in there. Taking a look back at the goals we have conceded recently, and the chances/opportunities we have given up, the gap between our defence and midfield is insane. I really want to see us tell Endo/Jones or Mac to sit for a bit - both of them are happy to push up and influence play around the opposition box and as soon as we get turned over, the opposition are at our box and the midfield is rendered useless. We are starting to come unstuck and we need to address it.

I like Szoboslai and I can see what he will eventually bring, but people were far too early with the mad shouts on him. He has had a 6.5/10 season so far for me and since his injury, doesn't look like he can see games out. He needs to bring consistency to his play, especially his decision making. He wouldn't be starting ahead of Jones for me. He is important to start the press and his legs at Old Trafford in the United game was a brilliant outlet but we need more. I'd consider moving Mac further forward and slotting Jones next to Endo in and asking both of them to be mindful of the space we vacate - I'm not advocating two sitting midfielders against Palace but there does need to be some shape in there. They have players who are strong, quick and aggressive in the counter - they can come to Anfield and fancy themselves to get something with the way we are playing.

Clearly we are evolving from the Fabinho/Henderson midfield and we need to, because of the personnell we have now. But there is a big element of that Henderson/Fab/Gini midfield I really miss at the moment - the aggression and legs to get close to people and the rigitity/security they provided. Also there's a big question mark over a leader in the middle. Mac is doing it with his performances but there's an element of softness there we didn't have before. It's probably an area we will look at again in the summer - a strong, combative 6 with quicker legs than Endo who is a bit of a c**t would be lovely.

I think Robertson is making a difference in recent weeks. Bringing him and Bradley back in will help I think - natural pace on the flanks and I do think both of them bring a level of aggression that we benefit from, especially the crowd at times.

I don't know if Nunez deserves a start over Gakpo - I'd be tempted to start him and keep Nunez on the bench. Gakpo looks the most likely for goals at the minute. Nunez might find himself more minutes as a left-sided forward now Jota is back - don't think that's a bad thing at all.

I think Elliot deserves a shot starting in something close to our best side. I'd be tempted to go Mac, Jones and Elliot and ask Mac and Jones to sit. Elliot / Salah / Gakpo can all interchange - Elliot pulls wide, Salah can find himself through the middle and Gakpo is comfortable dropping into a 10/8 position when needed. I think we need to do something different and I wouldn't be against seeing that. And Endo has looked quite leggy.

Will Konate start? If he starts this, is he starting in Atalanta? Have we written that off? If so, Quansah is probably going to start that game which is fine but I don't want to see his confidence whacked after Old Trafford.

--- Bradley ---- Konate ----- VVD ------ Roberton---

------------------ Mac Allister ------ Jones------------

----------------------------- Elliot ---------------------

------- Salah ------------ Gakpo------------ Nunez --

Jota / Nunez / Endo / Szoboslai / Gravenberch / Trent gives us options off the bench to change things / protect things - whatever is needed.

I just don't want to see us go into another game doing the same fucking things. Same early chance conceded/early goal conceded, holes all over the midfield, being infront but defence horribly exposed, not taking chances. Lets try and start fast and get the first goal for a change recently. I know results are everything at this stage but we need to be seeing better performances IMO. No-one realistically expected a title challenge this season but we find ourselves not just in one, but in a really good fucking position so we need to attack it and give it everything we have - I'm really expecting a good performance and result on Sunday. If we don't get it, we are in grave danger of our season and Jurgen's tenure just fizzling out.