Author Topic: Bannergate  (Read 7702 times)

Offline Banquo's Ghost

• Macbeth's on repeat. To boldly split infinitives that lesser men would dare. To.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Bannergate
« Reply #80 on: May 8, 2017, 04:44:10 pm »
These two, Corbyn and McDonnell, are pure nonentities. They have zero connection with LFC. In a few years time people won't even know who they were.

Oh, I wouldn't say that. Being responsible for the death of the Labour party will surely get them a footnote in the history of the UK. It's an achievement, of sorts.
Be humble, for you are made of earth. Be noble, for you are made of stars.

Offline It's Jimmy Corkhill

• No more scrapping in Page Moss. Marxist.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hasta La Victoria Siempre....
« Reply #81 on: May 8, 2017, 04:56:50 pm »
I wouldn't go that far. Some misguided souls liked to taunt Man Utd with Munich banners at big away games like Heysel etc - Hillsborough cured them of that of course - but I never saw Munich flags on the Kop.

Disingenuous that. Old-timers will tel you how often the aeroplane symbol was done en-masse.
"I'm a people man. Only the people matter".
-Bill Shankly.

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: May 8, 2017, 05:01:31 pm »
Disingenuous that. Old-timers will tel you how often the aeroplane symbol was done en-masse.

Last seen about the time Corbyn first became an MP. Perhaps he held secret peace talks between scousers and mancs, too?
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline youll never walk alone it

• Can no longer walk alone as he has whiplash... or that's what his insurer thinks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: May 8, 2017, 06:25:15 pm »
I wouldn't go that far. Some misguided souls liked to taunt Man Utd with Munich banners at big away games like Heysel etc - Hillsborough cured them of that of course - but I never saw Munich flags on the Kop.
no 22000 reds  on the kop just belted out whose that lieng on the....
« Last Edit: May 8, 2017, 06:27:16 pm by youll never walk alone it »
Im drunk  but i havent had  a drink!  bob paisley after rome 77                The times i had here wernt all great, we only  finished 2nd one  season....the great  bob paisley

when shanks was asked  how he relaxed,  he said  he looks at the league table and checks where everton are...

Offline youll never walk alone it

• Can no longer walk alone as he has whiplash... or that's what his insurer thinks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: May 8, 2017, 06:33:02 pm »
By the way in liverpool echo poll 71%  supported the banner, quite emphatic that,
Im drunk  but i havent had  a drink!  bob paisley after rome 77                The times i had here wernt all great, we only  finished 2nd one  season....the great  bob paisley

when shanks was asked  how he relaxed,  he said  he looks at the league table and checks where everton are...

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #85 on: May 8, 2017, 06:36:31 pm »
By the way in liverpool echo poll 71%  supported the banner, quite emphatic that,
Have you got the number that voted, I can't seem to find it?
I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: May 8, 2017, 06:37:57 pm »
You guys are taking this on a bit of a tangent. Is the best thing about the banner really that it isn't as bad as Munich stuff in the past? Seriously?

The pair of McDonnell and Corbyn have achieved fuck all with regards to social justice. Their faces ruin the credibility of the message of the banner. It gives them a respect on the Kop that they haven't earned. They're about to destroy the Labour Party, have lead us into Brexit and have ensured Tory Government for a minimum 5 years (almost certainly longer)

This is a political banner on the kop done right, for someone who earned it. Gets me every time.

« Last Edit: May 8, 2017, 06:39:46 pm by Classycara »

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #87 on: May 8, 2017, 06:43:16 pm »
Is the banner really that important?

Agree or disagree, it seems it was held up for only a few moments.

Bigger fish to fry in my opinion, which ever side of the fence you sit on.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: May 8, 2017, 06:54:55 pm »
Bigger fish to fry in my opinion, which ever side of the fence you sit on.

Of course. But we can't move on that until Corbyn resigns, so here we wait.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: May 8, 2017, 06:56:41 pm »
Of course. But we can't move on that until Corbyn resigns, so here we wait.
I agree, but the banner isn't important.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: May 8, 2017, 06:59:30 pm »
:lmao

do you think they were Liverpool fans, or the momentum lot all voted on it to help make their hero look better?

Offline KiNki

• Smicer devotee supreme, Sammy Lee impersonator extraordinaire.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • i am an_nik_ki.
    • http://hfdinfo.com/digital
« Last Edit: May 8, 2017, 07:05:07 pm by KiNki »

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #92 on: May 8, 2017, 07:06:42 pm »

A bit like the Good Morning Britain Poll which had 70% supporting Corbyn for next Prime Minister

or thepoliticalanalyzer which had him on 91%...

https://www.channel4.com/news/factcheck/no-this-viral-survey-doesnt-suggest-corbyn-is-on-track-for-victory

It makes you wonder why Labour are even campaigning with support like that.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #93 on: May 8, 2017, 07:07:06 pm »
I agree, but the banner isn't important.

For the outcome of the election I agree. That's going to end in Corbyn's humiliation. But it seems pretty important for Liverpool as a football club. Should political banners be allowed in the ground? Can people start to bring images of political figures they admire on to the Kop? Or religious figures? Maybe it's another thread.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline KiNki

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • i am an_nik_ki.
« Reply #94 on: May 8, 2017, 07:09:26 pm »

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: May 8, 2017, 07:21:38 pm »
Still nothing has been offered that suggests it's a good banner, or that they deserve a place on the Kop. Not sure we should be looking to United for banner praise or advice.

I suppose this is the closest thing to our Chosen One banner for Moyes - celebrating two losers out of their depth.

Offline KiNki

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • i am an_nik_ki.
« Reply #97 on: May 8, 2017, 07:21:40 pm »
:lmao

that you resort to internet polls and five people on twitter shows how desperate you are to defend that

Have you got the number that voted, I can't seem to find it?

I posted a link in response to a question, posted the wrong link, updated with the echo poll.   I offered no opinion.

I find the the whole thing amusing.  From your crying antics to the whole ott analysis of what it means. 

The thing had reference to everton and food banks too - perhaps you'd care to share on how corbyn is the devil incarnate on those subjects too?  Did he steal candy from someone on benefits - do you have a pic? or a reference to an article from 15 years ago, perhaps you could write to the club over their policy on foodbank banners or perhaps just grow up a little.

:lmao :lmao :lmao :tosser

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: May 8, 2017, 07:31:15 pm »
The irony being told to grow up by someone who can't form an argument against what's being said, so resorts to calling us wankers. While pretending not to be bothered and that you're amused by it.

The foodbanks banners are separate. You'll notice noone has a problem with those (not that they've been taken into the ground).

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #99 on: May 8, 2017, 07:36:59 pm »

Was that aimed at me?

I simply thought it would be wise for anyone attempting to show emphatic evidence one way or another in order to prove something, and certainly if using a %age poll quote as the validatory conclusive evidence, that they should really provide the numbers that actually took part in the vote, as otherwise, with no sample size, it's pretty meaningless really.
I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Offline KiNki

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • i am an_nik_ki.
« Reply #100 on: May 8, 2017, 07:45:01 pm »
it's pretty meaningless really.

it's certainly that.

an argument against what's being said

and what is being said exactly, what meaning is there in that banner?

my post when i first heard the news there'd be a banner

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/liverpool-fans-unveil-huge-jeremy-12996644

;D

why the smilie face, the utterly predictable crying over it.

It was a banner that covered a multitude of things hashed together for the match by a couple of match going reds. So yeah go on tell us again what it all means.

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #101 on: May 8, 2017, 07:47:45 pm »
It should have had Burnham and Rotheram on it - end of.  Don't see what's so amusing about it to be honest.
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #102 on: May 8, 2017, 07:53:15 pm »

the utterly predictable crying over it.

Who's crying? There's just an exchange of opinions that's all.

If you want to see crying on Rawk go into a post-match thread when the dummies are flying. You know what I mean.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #103 on: May 8, 2017, 07:54:56 pm »
Who's crying? There's just an exchange of opinions that's all.

If you want to see crying on Rawk go into a post-match thread when the dummies are flying. You know what I mean.

Or the FSG thread.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: May 8, 2017, 08:15:09 pm »
I posted a link in response to a question, posted the wrong link, updated with the echo poll.   I offered no opinion.

I find the the whole thing amusing.  From your crying antics to the whole ott analysis of what it means. 

The thing had reference to everton and food banks too - perhaps you'd care to share on how corbyn is the devil incarnate on those subjects too?  Did he steal candy from someone on benefits - do you have a pic? or a reference to an article from 15 years ago, perhaps you could write to the club over their policy on foodbank banners or perhaps just grow up a little.

:lmao :lmao :lmao :tosser

nobody is crying, just laughing at the desperation of certain people on here to justify the unjustifiable on that banner (and no it's nothing to do with Everton and food banks), just like those bringing up bill shankly quotes from the 60s to justify that embarrassment

It should have had Burnham and Rotheram on it - end of.  Don't see what's so amusing about it to be honest.
id prefer it to have no politician on it, don't think anyone has any problem with the other bits just the two eejits in the centre of it

Still nothing has been offered that suggests it's a good banner, or that they deserve a place on the Kop. Not sure we should be looking to United for banner praise or advice.

I suppose this is the closest thing to our Chosen One banner for Moyes - celebrating two losers out of their depth.
At least the people who came up with that banner realise it's an embarrassment and hide it in their attic, these lot will probably brag about it until the end of days.

Come to think of it those mancs probably like it because the chosen one banner isn't the most embarrassing banner ever made.
« Last Edit: May 8, 2017, 08:16:59 pm by Laughter is the best medicine... »

Offline KiNki

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • i am an_nik_ki.
« Reply #105 on: May 8, 2017, 08:29:47 pm »
nobody is crying

Well done guys, hope those who did it enjoy the fans being a laughing stock. Should have no complaints if they get banned.

is pretty whinny.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: May 8, 2017, 08:32:13 pm »
is pretty whinny.
wouldnt say whiny, more embarrassed

Offline KiNki

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • i am an_nik_ki.
« Reply #107 on: May 8, 2017, 08:35:51 pm »

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: May 8, 2017, 08:43:54 pm »
That's three banners not one

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #109 on: May 8, 2017, 08:48:26 pm »
From what I have read on Twitter the reaction to the banner has been very positive.

Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: May 8, 2017, 08:49:29 pm »
what unites us both is that we have banners for leaders badly out of their depth, who got in due only to the poor decisions of their predecessors

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #111 on: May 8, 2017, 08:53:23 pm »
From what I have read on Twitter the reaction to the banner has been very positive.

May I hazard to suggest that your Twitter feed may just not be a representative sample?

Not that I am going to make any claims as to what the wider reaction was, I just can't be arsed to look.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: May 8, 2017, 08:55:51 pm »
twitter said Ed Miliband would win the last election

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #113 on: May 8, 2017, 09:04:01 pm »
May I hazard to suggest that your Twitter feed may just not be a representative sample?

Not that I am going to make any claims as to what the wider reaction was, I just can't be arsed to look.

No I follow people of all political views I make a point of it.

Sometimes my Twitter feed winds me up so much.

But you need to know what they are thinking.

« Last Edit: May 8, 2017, 09:05:34 pm by Trada »
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: May 8, 2017, 09:04:54 pm »
No I follow people of all political views I make a point of it.

Torskyist AND marxists?

(Only having a laugh mate)
W

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: May 8, 2017, 09:15:03 pm »
Plans for Everton to take it to Arsenal for last match of the season.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/latest-plans-jeremy-corbyn-anfield-13001872

With me 3 star jumper half way up me back!

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #116 on: May 8, 2017, 10:05:05 pm »
Some of the early posts were missed off when it was split. Should all be in here now.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: May 11, 2017, 01:34:36 pm »
People holding the flag are all HJC.

Gillian McNulty, Becky Shah, Ste Wright, John McDonnell, Phil (Anna's other half), and Alan Dixon.

Just read some sad news that Alan Dixon died earlier in the week.  It's now on the HJC facebook page and quite a few on this forum know him.  A survivor of the day who never fully recovered, but carried the HJC fight and a great lad by all accounts.

RIP lad, thoughts and prayers with family.

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: May 11, 2017, 01:38:02 pm »
For those not on Facebook, the post reads:

The death of Alan Dixon (Dicko) has saddened us all at the HJC. Alan was a passionate campaigner whose searing honesty stood in sharp contrast to the lies churned out over many years. A teenager at the time of the disaster, he never recovered from his experiences of that day. He was passionate about the Sun boycott and was highly vocal of those close to the disaster whom he thought had compromised in the fight for justice. Alan, like a lot of us, refused to acknowledge an understanding of compromise. He stood shoulder to shoulder with his fellow campaigners at the HJC and bravely faced the opposition head on. He hated 'brand Hillsborough' and the emerging celebrity culture surrounding Hillsborough that some bought into. The HJC will continue to fight for the real truth in memory of Alan and will continue to give a voice to all survivors who remain the forgotten victims of Hillsborough. RIP Alan Dixon.

Sad.

Offline KiNki

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • i am an_nik_ki.
« Reply #119 on: May 14, 2017, 07:19:53 pm »

on display today  ;D