Author Topic: England International Dominic Solanke  (Read 271889 times)

Offline joekim87

• Truly gone shark fishing.....
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Dominic Solanke
« Reply #680 on: July 31, 2017, 04:29:42 am »
Not sure if serious..

He looks good. I feel good having him as an option coming on. He definitely creates different problems for defences to the players we have.

Only question for me (aside from his age/rawness) is how he fits into the way we play. A lot of people talk about him being a so-called "Costa type player". But Benteke is a "Costa type player", and Benteke did not work out well with how we play at all.

Mind you, Lewandowski is arguably also a "Costa type player" and he seemed to do okay in a Klopp team.

Lewandowski has so much more in his locker than Benteke to be fair.

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #681 on: July 31, 2017, 04:38:39 am »
Lewandowski has so much more in his locker than Benteke to be fair.

Oh for sure. But you get the point. They're forwards primarily defined by their strength/finishing.

I think aside from being a less clinical, Benteke's problems are mostly mental.

Offline 88_RED

• Not a real bookie though.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #682 on: July 31, 2017, 04:47:53 am »
Ridiculous. Genuinely ridiculous. He has done nothing to merit that appraisal.

Fair to say he is currently more confident than Origi?

Having just won the Under 20 World Cup.. Scoring for fun in that tournament.. Being one of the leaders of that team.. And now scoring regularly in pre season..

The signs are there that he could develop into a special player sooner rather than later..

But no player will reach their potential unless they play at the highest level consistently.. He needs chances.. that's why he left Chelsea.. Hopefully we can give him that if he continues to score in friendlies and impress Klopp in training.. 
F*CK 0FF Mourinho..

Offline 88_RED

• Not a real bookie though.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #683 on: July 31, 2017, 04:49:40 am »
Not sure if serious..

He looks good. I feel good having him as an option coming on. He definitely creates different problems for defences to the players we have.

Only question for me (aside from his age/rawness) is how he fits into the way we play. A lot of people talk about him being a so-called "Costa type player". But Benteke is a "Costa type player", and Benteke did not work out well with how we play at all.

Mind you, Lewandowski is arguably also a "Costa type player" and he seemed to do okay in a Klopp team.

To me he appears more in the mould of a Kane, than Costa or Lewandowski..

But hopefully he'll develop and be soon known as a Solanke..
F*CK 0FF Mourinho..

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #684 on: August 1, 2017, 12:16:26 am »
Not sure if serious..

He can't be considered better than Original having done so much less in his career. Not yet.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #685 on: August 1, 2017, 12:22:12 am »
Not sure if serious..

I've seen much more of Lewa than I have Costa, but they just aren't very comparible from what I have seen of Costa. And for sure he's nothing like Benteke! Lewy is a fantastically skilled, intelligent, mobile forward who scores every possible type of goal.

But yeah, Solanke. give the kid time, he's at the right place for development for sure, Kloppo likes a striker project.

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #686 on: August 1, 2017, 12:38:29 am »
He can't be considered better than Original having done so much less in his career. Not yet.

Oh I meant you were clearly whooshed in your post.

Currently he is already better than Origi too despite starting 0 competitive games for us. Absolute flavour of the moment player for now.

You literally bolded the first part of the sentence while ignoring the second half and the following sentence to have a dig?

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #687 on: August 1, 2017, 09:23:01 am »
Oh I meant you were clearly whooshed in your post.

You literally bolded the first part of the sentence while ignoring the second half and the following sentence to have a dig?
Did go over my head a bit - easy to miss sarcasm when it's in text.

Some mistakes are genuine, and not just an attempt to have a dig, mate.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #688 on: August 1, 2017, 12:08:21 pm »
Fits beautifully.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hYlvfX3nwlc

this fuckin thing is doing my swede in....every time i hear Solanke's name it pops into my head  ;D
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #689 on: August 1, 2017, 12:13:22 pm »

this fuckin thing is doing my swede in....every time i hear Solanke's name it pops into my head  ;D

Mission accomplished. Why should I have to suffer alone? :D

Offline Pie Eyed

• More like Eagle Eyed! Looking to sub Lfsea.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #690 on: August 2, 2017, 12:25:24 pm »
Mission accomplished. Why should I have to suffer alone? :D

Jing-a-ti-Jing to you too, you bastard.

Massive ear-worm that.
Jürgen Klopp (26 June 2020)
"We were good 4 years ago.  We were really good 3 years ago.  We were unbelievably good last year.  And this year it is absolutely exceptional.  Second to none that I know."

King Kenny to Jürgen (25 June 2020):
"I think your Da' must've been on our side during the war, because you seem like a scouser to me." :D

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #691 on: August 2, 2017, 07:03:02 pm »

;D I've been singing that to myself after every pre-season game, it's so catchy!
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a Ł25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #692 on: August 2, 2017, 07:11:23 pm »
;D I've been singing that to myself after every pre-season game, it's so catchy!

Chingerney Ching
Hee haw hee haw
It's Dominic Solanke!

even worse / even catchier with that fuckin rhyme... ;D
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #693 on: August 2, 2017, 07:19:37 pm »
Hope Slinky plays well tonight!

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #694 on: August 2, 2017, 10:42:14 pm »

Not quite there yet and not yet proven at top level but his game intelligence was quite amazing from a 19yo. I think he is ahead of Woodburn and Origi.

Offline ggcc14

• C onfuses objective and objectionable. C-ock
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #695 on: August 2, 2017, 10:44:01 pm »
Can't believe he didn't score tonight, not like him at all. How come he always gets his head on the ball? Because he's so-lanke
I´ll say something that might surprise you. Real life is different to computer games.
I think Nadal is brilliant. One of the top 10 ever.

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #696 on: August 2, 2017, 11:11:24 pm »

Offline ggcc14

• C onfuses objective and objectionable. C-ock
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #697 on: August 2, 2017, 11:15:53 pm »

Cheers Jurgen.
I´ll say something that might surprise you. Real life is different to computer games.
I think Nadal is brilliant. One of the top 10 ever.

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #698 on: August 2, 2017, 11:18:11 pm »

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #699 on: August 3, 2017, 11:06:20 am »
He's the player we wanted when we got Carroll and Benteke. Basically. Well still early days but it's not too much to ask that he's better than that dire pair that cost us close to Ł70m
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Chig

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA!
« Reply #700 on: August 3, 2017, 11:59:50 am »
He's the player we wanted when we got Carroll and Benteke. Basically. Well still early days but it's not too much to ask that he's better than that dire pair that cost us close to Ł70m

Not sure he is a better player than the 2 you mentioned just yet, but he surely seems to suit our style of football better than both Big Ben and Andy.
KD7 SG8 RF9 JB10

Offline GeorgiaRed

• Anny Roader
« Reply #701 on: August 3, 2017, 01:38:28 pm »
Nah, was a savable header for me. Thought their keeper was poor full stop.

But you have to admit that Dom put it where the keeper couldn't get it. If the keeper was positioned differently Dom may have done something else. He did what was needed to score.

Offline Redman78

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #702 on: August 3, 2017, 01:56:58 pm »

Wouldn't expect him to be better than them, not just yet anyway.  If  he does become that player then it'll be a great bonus.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #703 on: August 3, 2017, 02:31:03 pm »
Think both Solanke and Origi could be top strikers but watching them feels as though they don't get out of second gear?

Offline joekim87

• Truly gone shark fishing.....
  • Kopite
« Reply #704 on: August 4, 2017, 01:55:02 am »
Think both Solanke and Origi could be top strikers but watching them feels as though they don't get out of second gear?

I'm not too sure about Solanke but Origi seems to be not interested at times. Sturridge is like a jungle cat and pounces on any loose ball in or around the box. Origi seems to just hang around. Probably the only thing I have against him.

Offline JD.

• Continually left frustrated at the back. Desperate for it! No longer averaging 13 posts a day - luckily for us!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #705 on: August 5, 2017, 07:08:38 pm »
Wonder where he'll find himself in the pecking order this season then. Certainly did all he could in pre season to stake a claim.

Think his all round game needs developing as you would expect for a 19 year old, but his goalscoring instincts are there for all to see. We could have got a belter here.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #706 on: August 5, 2017, 07:09:34 pm »
I would love to see him be on the bench or even start in a first team game, he's looked brilliant this pre-season.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #707 on: August 5, 2017, 07:11:46 pm »
Kid is ready, don't care about his age.

This preseason 3 chances 3 goals. All he needs is a chance and then it's up to him whether he can deal with it mentally. Skills are there, he's a real natural striker in the way he moves and strikes the ball. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if he makes some serious noise sooner rather than later.

« Reply #708 on: August 5, 2017, 07:13:25 pm »
Wonder where he'll find himself in the pecking order this season then. Certainly did all he could in pre season to stake a claim.

Think his all round game needs developing as you would expect for a 19 year old, but his goalscoring instincts are there for all to see. We could have got a belter here.
He used the ball much better than Origi and seems to be a real presence up-front. Think we have too many projects in CF Solanke, Origi and Ings

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #709 on: August 5, 2017, 07:13:28 pm »
I would love to see him be on the bench or even start in a first team game, he's looked brilliant this pre-season.

Absolutely. He's looked better than Origi
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #710 on: August 5, 2017, 07:14:00 pm »
Reminds me of Torres
"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #711 on: August 5, 2017, 07:14:35 pm »
If you put Lewandowski and Mbappe as one, you get this lad! He's going to be great.

Online The Final Third

• Brought to you from 15 minutes in the future :)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #712 on: August 5, 2017, 07:21:35 pm »
His stats in pre-season: 8 Games, 313 Minutes, 3 Goals, 2 Assists ..62 Minutes per goal involvement

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #713 on: August 5, 2017, 07:24:08 pm »
He's like Pele was, only better.

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #714 on: August 5, 2017, 07:24:33 pm »
We're all agreed on this being his song, right?

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/hYlvfX3nwlc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/hYlvfX3nwlc</a>

Give it a dink, he'll score he'll score
He's Dominic Solanke
Our Dominic Solanke

La-la-laaa, la la la la-la la la, La-la-laaa, la la la la-la la laaaaaaa!
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline Irakla

• Anny Roader
  • Joe "The real deal" Gomez
« Reply #715 on: August 5, 2017, 07:24:38 pm »
I guess this will be the last season we see big Div in a red shirt, Solanke is more suited to our game than him, and he's been here only for couple of months.

What I liked the most so far,
Solanke makes those runs behind the defenders which so hard to track.
When in the box always loses his marker.
Heads better than the most of our attackers.
Always makes nuisance of himself when without the ball.
pretty good at Shielding the ball with the body.

Apparently Paolo Maldini has a Joe Gomez poster hung on his bedroom wall

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #716 on: August 5, 2017, 07:26:18 pm »
I guess this will be the last season we see big Div in a red shirt, Solanke is more suited to our game than him, and he's been here only for couple of months.

What I liked the most so far,
Solanke makes those runs behind the defenders which so hard to track.
When in the box always loses his marker.
Heads better than the most of our attackers.
Always makes nuisance of himself when without the ball.
pretty good at Shielding the ball with the body.

I'm willing to consider it but what's the tune?
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Online The Final Third

• Brought to you from 15 minutes in the future :)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #717 on: August 5, 2017, 07:30:11 pm »

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/hYlvfX3nwlc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/hYlvfX3nwlc</a>

He's Dominic Solanke
Our Dominic Solanke

:lmao

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #718 on: August 5, 2017, 07:43:38 pm »

He's Dominic Solanke
Our Dominic Solanke

Only if I get the royalties!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #719 on: August 5, 2017, 07:47:58 pm »
Only if I get the royalties!
Haha, you already suggested it?   :D