Author Topic: FAO: US Reds----tv info  (Read 824532 times)

Offline ConnieLFC

• New York family capo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes?
Re: FAO: US Reds----tv info
« Reply #320 on: July 28, 2007, 04:01:32 pm »
morning fellas,

i just scoured the web (although not intensively), and i couldn't find any confirmed reports on which channel is going to cover the majority of the liverpool matches this season. considering there is a liverpool channel on setanta now, i am guessing it is going to be setanta, but can any of the regulars confirm this?
The new LFC Setanta channel will not be carried in North America - at least not anytime soon.  The 3hr LFCTV program will still air each week on GolTV as before.

And as far I'm aware, game coverage will be split between Setanta and FSC as it was last season:

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=133473.msg2170590#msg2170590

Heard/seen nothing to suggest anything will change.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #321 on: July 28, 2007, 04:31:58 pm »
Agree with Connie.

League matches will be either on Setanta or Fox Soccer Channel

League Cup are/were Setanta.

FA Cup is a mixture of PPV ( a package deal for all rounds for the top matches) or FSC.

Champions League will be primarily ESPN2  with Setanta getting second pick.

Haven't heard much different. As always www.soccertv.com is a good source to confirm what match will be on what channel. Notice it's up for sale. Hopefully someone does as well with it if it does get sold.

Also..for those who want to watch God..;D..Setanta does the Championship so Cardiff matches might get some play there. Usually Friday live and other midweek and Cup matches.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Jagdip

• former Lunatic
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
American Reds - help needed!
« Reply #322 on: July 29, 2007, 06:24:30 pm »
Hey all!

Hope everyone is enjoying the summer!

Just need some help as to where to watch the reds during the summer as I will be touring the US ..

Aug 11th - Villa away (Chicago)

Aug 19th - Chelsea home (Las Vegas)

Aug 25th - Sunderland away (New York)

CL qualifier - San Fran

Offline Loman

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: American Reds - help needed!
« Reply #323 on: July 29, 2007, 06:37:42 pm »
August 11th - Villa away (Chicago) 

Game is on Fox Soccer Channel at 11:15 am.

Find a bar at  - http://msn.foxsports.com/soccer/story/802152

August 19th - Chelsea home (Las Vegas)

Game is on Fox Soccer Channel at 8:00 am

Find a bar from - http://msn.foxsports.com/soccer/story/802092

Check the pub's website or call to make sure they are open at 8 am.

Aug 25th - Sunderland away (New York)

Game is on Setanta at 7:45 am.

Find a bar at:  http://linux11744.dn.net/setanta/jsp/NA_venues.jsp?head=0&radius=100&zipCode=10110
(I put in a downtown Manhattan postal code as a search for you).

Nevada Smiths is good.  11th street bar is home of LFCNY (NY supporters club).  Call or check the webpage before to make sure they are open so early.

Champions league qualifier is still to be announced.  Don't know who has the rights to that.   I think Setanta will show it, but they keep a tv schedule only two weeks in advance.  I would bet the game is on Setanta and they like to show Liverpool (based in Ireland), so my money is on them showing it.  So just to check it out, go to http://na.setanta.tv/navenuefinder.htm and put in your San Francisco zipcode and you can find a bar.

Sorry I can't be more specific, I don't live in one of those 3 cities.  But you now have the tools to find a bar.   Also check out the Guide to watching Liverpool around the world: http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=120287.msg1956623#msg1956623  They have some info on Chicago, NY, and SF bars.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2007, 06:48:19 pm by Loman »

Offline kevinbrodie

• Anny Roader
Re: American Reds - help needed!
« Reply #324 on: July 29, 2007, 06:54:26 pm »
San Francisco = Kezar Pub or Mad Dog in the Fog
Las Vegas =Crown and Anchor on Tropicanna
Chicago = my personal favorite is Sedwicks but here is a list of pubs:
Sedgewick's 
 Address  1935 North Sedgwick Street 
http://linux11744.dn.net/setanta/jsp/NA_venues.jsp?head=0&radius=100&CAT1=r&zipCode=60606+

And as Loman says the 11st street pub is an LFC bar so lots of reds...might be a hike from you place so more research might be required. I have been to all of these pubs and they are all decent spots.
Rafa is my Shankly

Offline Jagdip

• former Lunatic
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #325 on: July 29, 2007, 07:46:21 pm »
cheers people :) appreciated !!!! :D

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #326 on: August 1, 2007, 01:13:50 pm »
Football is almost back..;D

Sat Aug 11 09:00AM Pacific
Sat Aug 11 10:00AM Mountain
Sat Aug 11 11:00AM Central
Sat Aug 11 12:00PM Eastern
Length: 2 hr 15 min    LIVE
FOX Soccer Channel (FSC) - US
English Premier League
Aston Villa vs Liverpool

Offline sarch

• Kopite
« Reply #327 on: August 1, 2007, 02:52:17 pm »
does anyone know if the games in holland are going to be on? not working friday and looking for something to do

Offline ConnieLFC

• New York family capo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes?
« Reply #328 on: August 1, 2007, 02:58:54 pm »
does anyone know if the games in holland are going to be on? not working friday and looking for something to do
It's not on Stateside...but what the heck, go to the pub anyway!     :hally

Offline Canada Loves Anfield

• Everything you do is a balloon
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Under a Liverbird
« Reply #329 on: August 1, 2007, 03:20:55 pm »
Does anyone know about the Canadian situtation. Sportsnet seems not to be carrying the games and I am getting awfully worried that this new tv deal is going to fuck over all Canadians.
If it acts like a cock and a banner appears on the kop with its name written down the shaft of a cock, it probably is...

Liverpool FC - Toronto Supporters Club: http://lfctoronto.com/

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #330 on: August 1, 2007, 03:25:15 pm »
Nope..don't know.

Just drive to Buffalo and watch.. :P

Wouldn't FSW-Canada carry the match?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Under a Liverbird
« Reply #331 on: August 1, 2007, 03:28:10 pm »
Nope..don't know.

Just drive to Buffalo and watch.. :P

Wouldn't FSW-Canada carry the match?

THey havent replied to my e-mails. They showed Sunday matches last year and FA CUP games. Now the Score is showing the Sunday matches and no-one seems to have picked up the fucking Saturday matches :no

But Buffalo? No thanks mate - the Toronto Supporters Club is the biggest in North America :wave ;)
If it acts like a cock and a banner appears on the kop with its name written down the shaft of a cock, it probably is...

Offline ConnieLFC

• New York family capo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes?
« Reply #332 on: August 1, 2007, 03:37:38 pm »
But Buffalo? No thanks mate - the Toronto Supporters Club is the biggest in North America :wave ;)
Not to go OT too much but how many members in the Toronto club anyway?  Any ideas?

Offline ConnieLFC

• New York family capo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes?
« Reply #333 on: August 1, 2007, 03:45:42 pm »
And by-the-by, I see Dish Network has finally added Setanta Sports to their channel lineup as well.  If I get another "switch back" offer, I might be willing to jump ship again! 

Isn't a Setanta channel starting in Canada this season?  That may be who's carrying the Saturday games....

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Under a Liverbird
« Reply #334 on: August 1, 2007, 03:49:14 pm »
Not to go OT too much but how many members in the Toronto club anyway?  Any ideas?

I'd put it at around the 100 mark. I will ask the directors on Sunday and find out for you.

Go to http://www.lfctoronto.com/ and it confidently says "Join the largest LFC Supporters Club in North America!" I can say that Scallywag's - the pub we all go to - get rammed and has quite a good atmosphere - although I find that I will usually be the one to instigate the songs (but I dont care - cause all it takes is one pint to get me going for hours ;))

You are the New York supporters club head guy (or lady) no?

Offline Dapotayto

• Main Stander
« Reply #335 on: August 1, 2007, 03:58:58 pm »
Does anyone know about the Canadian situtation. Sportsnet seems not to be carrying the games and I am getting awfully worried that this new tv deal is going to fuck over all Canadians.

Here you go CLA. You are in luck living out east (footy-wise anyway) as Roger's will carry Setanta. Here in Vancouver we have Shaw and thus no coverage. That is bollocks. I will likely have to subscribe to Setanta's broadband coverage or get Bell ExpressVu. Bollocks I tell you.

From Tuesday's Globe and Mail

July 30, 2007 at 9:10 PM EDT

A new soccer channel with extensive rights to live English Premier League games is set to begin operation in Canada in a matter of days.

Setanta Sports, an international content provider, will launch a Canadian channel in partnership with Rogers Communications.

Roger Hall, chief executive officer of Setanta's international operation, confirmed Monday that the channel will start in “the very short term.”

Shane O'Rourke, president of Setanta's North American operations, was even more explicit. He said it will be on the air in time for the start of the EPL season on Aug. 11.

“We'll be up and running by the 11th,” he said.

Neither Hall nor O'Rourke would comment on the licensing agreement, but based on Setanta's operations in Britain, Australia and the United States, the Canadian channel will operate as a premium pay service. To subscribe, consumers will pay about $15 a month.

Score Media acquired EPL rights last year. It then flipped the package to Setanta but kept the Sunday 11 a.m. (Eastern) game, which often showcases the best matchup of the week.

The Score has built additional programming around the Sunday morning telecast, including a Friday evening show that will preview the weekend games, a Saturday evening recap of the day's games, and a Sunday morning pregame show.

As well, the Score has retained broadband highlights rights and will stream its Sunday morning telecast.

The third carrier of EPL games will be Rogers Sportsnet. It has bought a Saturday 10 a.m. game from Setanta, but probably won't get first pick from the 10 a.m. slate of matchups.

It didn't hurt Sportsnet in its bid to acquire one game a week that it is owned by Setanta's partner, Rogers.

The bulk of EPL content – a full Saturday schedule, additional telecasts on Sunday and midweek telecasts – will air on Setanta.

O'Rourke says Setanta will provide the most comprehensive EPL Canadian package ever.

Rogers Cable, Cogeco Cable and Bell ExpressVu will carry the channel immediately. Carriage on Shaw Cable, Star Choice and Videotron is expected to take longer.

Offline DC8

• Main Stander
« Reply #336 on: August 1, 2007, 03:59:30 pm »
we have 100 members there on any given Saturday. But for the big games the place is absolutely packed. The LFC Canada page (seen here: http://www.liverpoolfc.ca/club_members.html) used to have membership pegged around 250, although I could be wrong.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Under a Liverbird
« Reply #337 on: August 1, 2007, 04:06:37 pm »
Here you go CLA. You are in luck living out east (footy-wise anyway) as Roger's will carry Setanta. Here in Vancouver we have Shaw and thus no coverage. That is bollocks. I will likely have to subscribe to Setanta's broadband coverage or get Bell ExpressVu. Bollocks I tell you.

Cheers mate - Videotron better get their fucking act together because I am going back to Concordia and THE FRENCH ARE ALWAYS SO SLOW ON THINGS LIKE THIS. I think I will have to get my roomates to commit to Bell Express Vu. Thanks again for this - I have been freaking out thinking that we werent going to get decent coverage

:wellin :thumbup

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Under a Liverbird
« Reply #338 on: August 1, 2007, 04:07:45 pm »
we have 100 members there on any given Saturday. But for the big games the place is absolutely packed. The LFC Canada page (seen here: http://www.liverpoolfc.ca/club_members.html) used to have membership pegged around 250, although I could be wrong.

Are they showing the Friday match at Scally's? I would imagine the Sunday one is a no brainer but do YOU know?

Offline Dapotayto

• Main Stander
« Reply #339 on: August 1, 2007, 04:15:38 pm »
Cheers mate - Videotron better get their fucking act together because I am going back to Concordia and THE FRENCH ARE ALWAYS SO SLOW ON THINGS LIKE THIS. I think I will have to get my roomates to commit to Bell Express Vu

I'm also going back to school also, although only part-time for now, and was reducing my spending. Now I will probably have to spring for Bell Express Vu to catch the footy. Aargh. Has to be done though. I'll just have to stop eating in order to compensate I guess.

Offline ConnieLFC

• New York family capo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes?
« Reply #340 on: August 1, 2007, 04:19:02 pm »
I'd put it at around the 100 mark. I will ask the directors on Sunday and find out for you.

Go to http://www.lfctoronto.com/ and it confidently says "Join the largest LFC Supporters Club in North America!" I can say that Scallywag's - the pub we all go to - get rammed and has quite a good atmosphere - although I find that I will usually be the one to instigate the songs (but I dont care - cause all it takes is one pint to get me going for hours ;))

You are the New York supporters club head guy (or lady) no?
Not "the head" but I am one of the club officers, yes - confess I was being nosy!   ;D   And would you mind asking?  We've around 260 members so was just wondering...  Haven't been to Scally's yet - went to the old Duke of Gloucester as that's where the club was still meeting during the 2004 preseason tour.  What a great time was had!

And I thought I was right about Setanta starting service up there....in which case, no Rotterdam Tournament broadcast for you this weekend either!   :( 

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Under a Liverbird
« Reply #341 on: August 1, 2007, 04:23:11 pm »
Not "the head" but I am one of the club officers, yes - confess I was being nosy!   ;D   And would you mind asking?  We've around 260 members so was just wondering...  Haven't been to Scally's yet - went to the old Duke of Gloucester as that's where the club was still meeting during the 2004 preseason tour.  What a great time was had!

And I thought I was right about Setanta starting service up there....in which case, no Rotterdam Tournament broadcast for you this weekend either!   :( 

Well apparently LFC Toronto is at 250 - according to my Toronto FC friend further up. Considering your population - I think we win ;)

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Under a Liverbird
« Reply #342 on: August 1, 2007, 04:24:08 pm »
I'm also going back to school also, although only part-time for now, and was reducing my spending. Now I will probably have to spring for Bell Express Vu to catch the footy. Aargh. Has to be done though. I'll just have to stop eating in order to compensate I guess.

I stopped eating to afford my drinking diet. I dont want to have to cut that out too :sad

Offline ConnieLFC

• New York family capo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes?
« Reply #343 on: August 1, 2007, 04:29:19 pm »
Well apparently LFC Toronto is at 250 - according to my Toronto FC friend further up. Considering your population - I think we win ;)
Fair dos - and you guys are definitely more passionate on the whole.  A few too many hangers-on sometimes in our ranks for my liking but there you go. 

I believe we are the oldest supporters club in N.A. though, so that's fine by me!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Under a Liverbird
« Reply #344 on: August 1, 2007, 04:33:06 pm »
Fair dos - and you guys are definitely more passionate on the whole.  A few too many hangers-on sometimes in our ranks for my liking but there you go. 

I believe we are the oldest supporters club in N.A. though, so that's fine by me!
Cheers for being the oldest - If you get a chance you should definitely try and come up to Scally's - we have kicked out the dirty Mancs and take over that pub every Saturday as early as 7:45 :P

Offline Angelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #345 on: August 1, 2007, 04:34:10 pm »
have i mentioned that i hate comcast ? well not really, considering they do give me fox soccer channel. but no setanta ? god, i have been suffering this blasphemy for two years.

i am shifting to LA for school this year, and that means living in a dorm, and sneaking matches on the internet and hopefully catch some pubs. anyone stay in LA ? anyone has any ideas of a supporters club, that sorta thing ?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Under a Liverbird
« Reply #346 on: August 1, 2007, 04:38:45 pm »
have i mentioned that i hate comcast ? well not really, considering they do give me fox soccer channel. but no setanta ? god, i have been suffering this blasphemy for two years.

i am shifting to LA for school this year, and that means living in a dorm, and sneaking matches on the internet and hopefully catch some pubs. anyone stay in LA ? anyone has any ideas of a supporters club, that sorta thing ?

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=136446.0 Check that mate

Offline Bill H

• Kemlynite
« Reply #347 on: August 1, 2007, 04:51:20 pm »
Angelius,

are you going to UCLA?

The Cock & Bull is the home for Reds on the Westside.  On Lincoln Blvd.  The famous 4pool was there for last season's Chelsea game.

I don't think there's been much response to forming a supporters club, but there are a lot of Reds including the owner.  Unfortunately the bar man is a blue nose.  A very bitter one at that.

Bill H.

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #348 on: August 1, 2007, 05:14:21 pm »
Angelius,

are you going to UCLA?

The Cock & Bull is the home for Reds on the Westside.  On Lincoln Blvd.  The famous 4pool was there for last season's Chelsea game.

I don't think there's been much response to forming a supporters club, but there are a lot of Reds including the owner.  Unfortunately the bar man is a blue nose.  A very bitter one at that.

Bill H.

Famous.. :-[

:P

Offline Angelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #349 on: August 1, 2007, 06:49:09 pm »
Angelius,

are you going to UCLA?

Bill H.

hey bill

yeah, i am just transferring to UCLA this fall. i've heard of the cock and bull and infamous stories about the bar man. lol, a few friends of mine have had a run in with him from time to time.

and me being indian, i'm open to a great many scuffles as most don't consider me to be a true supporter and all that. but it really doesn't bother me. after a few drinks (i'm underage mind) during the champions league final, everybody is a friend, lol.

so you from LA too ? 4pool, what about you ? i recollect that you're from dallas if i'm not mistaken ? is there a supporters club up there ?

in san francisco, where i stay, you can count the liverpool supporters (the real ones, not them british fellas watching a match) on one hand.

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #350 on: August 1, 2007, 07:04:04 pm »
Yep..we have an offical LFC supporters Club in Texas.

When in Dallas, for weekend matches, we are at Trinity Hall. Just off downtown dallas to the NE.

Offline Bill H

• Kemlynite
« Reply #351 on: August 1, 2007, 07:30:41 pm »
I'm from the Pool, been in LA a long time.  4pool's mum was a midwife in Liverpool and there was speculation that she delivered me!!

4pool (Mel), I asked my sister who remembers the event more than me.  I was delivered by a nurse Edge who lived in a prefab in Margaret Rd across County Rd from us in Walton

Offline bloke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
« Reply #352 on: August 1, 2007, 07:45:58 pm »
Canada_Loves_Anfield and any other Montreal/Quebec-based reds re-Videotron, I stumbled into this:
http://www.livesoccertv.com/forums/about991.html a couple of days ago.  Basically, we need to e-mail Videotron about the matter.  I've already written to them at serviceclient@videotron.ca and awaiting their reply.  I suggest you folks do the same.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Under a Liverbird
« Reply #353 on: August 1, 2007, 07:46:57 pm »
Canada_Loves_Anfield and any other Montreal/Quebec-based reds re-Videotron, I stumbled into this:
http://www.livesoccertv.com/forums/about991.html a couple of days ago.  Basically, we need to e-mail Videotron about the matter.  I've already written to them at serviceclient@videotron.ca and awaiting their reply.  I suggest you folks do the same.

Well in lad. Thanks

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #354 on: August 1, 2007, 08:28:20 pm »
I'm from the Pool, been in LA a long time.  4pool's mum was a midwife in Liverpool and there was speculation that she delivered me!!

4pool (Mel), I asked my sister who remembers the event more than me.  I was delivered by a nurse Edge who lived in a prefab in Margaret Rd across County Rd from us in Walton

My Gran was Nurse Margaret Corran from 16 Sessions Road, Kirkdale, L4. Just 1/2 block down from St. Johns Church across from the rectory/school. back in the old days.
« Last Edit: August 1, 2007, 08:46:02 pm by 4pool »

Offline LiverBirdKop

• A moron. Twice. No flies on their nullshit
  • Legacy Fan
  • 51,077 Deleted
« Reply #355 on: August 2, 2007, 08:28:12 am »
Angelius...you can also try Lucky Baldwin's in Pasadena (Raymond/Colorado). Friendly "locals"...supporters of other teams, but a ton of LFC supporters. Open for -ALL- early LFC games...and that means 4:30am. LFC supporters from all over the world....from Merseyside and the rest of the UK to Africa, Middle East,  Central, North and South America.

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
« Reply #356 on: August 3, 2007, 04:56:27 am »

I guess that means that Fox Sports World is no longer showing Sunday matches in Canada? I wonder if they will continue showing the FA Cup matches?

What I don't get is that in the Roger's press release today it says that it will be Pay per View: http://www.newswire.ca/en/releases/archive/August2007/02/c3138.html

And when I called Rogers here in the East, they didn't know about it at all. I just hope that I can continue to record matches with my DVR, even if the are PPV.

I'm paying $5/mth for FSW already and another $5 for GolTV, now they want me to pay per view too...
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline Jacob Ian

• Kopite
« Reply #357 on: August 8, 2007, 04:06:15 am »
Connie..I wonder if Setanta would have gotten their channel on Dish and cable services if there would have been a cost increase. As it's just on Directv they don't get as much revenue.

Okay, so I just got my dish network service hooked up, filled with tons of football action, minus Setanta — or so I thought. I got ITVN just for setanta coverage, but to my surprise I'm watching Setanta on channel 406 (a replay of Gaelic Football... that's some weird shit). When I ordered Dish Network I specifically asked if it was possible to order Setanta. They said it wasn't available. I'm guessing I'm watching a free preview thing, but there's no information on DN website or Setanta's that it is available on DN. Anyone here with DN, noticed the same?

Offline thespianchef

• Anny Roader
  • BOOM!
« Reply #358 on: August 8, 2007, 01:36:23 pm »
FOR ALL REDS IN THE US

I have tweaked corbyReds csv document with all our fixtures in (except WHU) with updated TV times, american-style dates (so it doesn't bugger your calendar when you import) and Eastern US times.

Download the attached and rename it as a CSV file. Then File-Import it in outlook.

:wave
"I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I'd break my wife's legs if I played against her, but I'd never cheat her." Bill Shankly

Offline brightonpete

• Kopite
« Reply #359 on: August 10, 2007, 11:39:14 pm »
for anyone looking for the game in the boston/cambridge area the phoenix landing is gonna be the best place to watch.