Author Topic: Trump Faceached & Twattered. "Instakarma's gonna getcha....." #bannedontherun  (Read 845385 times)

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Trump Faceached & Twattered. "Instakarma's gonna getcha....." #bannedontherun
« Reply #19440 on: January 13, 2021, 11:21:26 pm »
That speech says one thing:
He is scared shitless.

Offline Phineus

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Trump Faceached & Twattered. "Instakarma's gonna getcha....." #bannedontherun
« Reply #19441 on: January 13, 2021, 11:27:51 pm »
Where do his supporters go and throw their support behind when they turn on him? Which they eventually will (this new video could be start of that)

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
Re: Trump Faceached & Twattered. "Instakarma's gonna getcha....." #bannedontherun
« Reply #19442 on: January 13, 2021, 11:31:50 pm »
Well constructed speech by his lawyers for any impending court actions he faces.

Horrible camera work though. He clearly reads the stuff word by word from whatever is to the right of the camera (I like to think it's Melania standing there with huge cue cards) and he never looks anywhere else let alone directly into the camera. For the whole video I wanted to look over my right shoulder to see the guy he's talking to... ;D

Where do his supporters go and throw their support behind when they turn on him? Which they eventually will (this new video could be start of that)

They won't. They will make up excuses for him. Just like they did when he had to do the other video to fix the one where he had told the terrorists he loves them. Back then his deluded supporters were saying that "they" made him do it or that it was a fake. The same will happen here...
« Last Edit: January 13, 2021, 11:35:08 pm by stoa »

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19443 on: January 13, 2021, 11:32:15 pm »
No true supporter of mine...

And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #19444 on: January 13, 2021, 11:32:18 pm »

There are plenty of loons waiting to step into the void. Matt Gaetz.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #19445 on: January 13, 2021, 11:35:05 pm »
Horrible camera work though. He clearly reads the stuff word by word from whatever is to the right of the camera (I like to think it's Melania standing there with huge cue cards) and he never looks anywhere else let alone directly into the camera. For the whole video I wanted to look over my right shoulder to see the guy he's talking to... ;D

Yeah, it looks like he's got one eye in Crewe and one in Salou :D

Offline lamad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19446 on: January 13, 2021, 11:35:28 pm »
I understand that they want/force him to read this, but for goodness sake, shut the f**k up Trump. You do not believe one word of that. And with all the carefully worded speech, they still don't get him to say "I lost". But yeah, his camp can see that many are out to get him and it might not be so easy to escape this time.
Let's see what he comes up with in... 3...2...1. Usually he can't help himself, sooner or later. Unless they lock him up for the next few days.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2021, 11:37:14 pm by lamad »

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #19447 on: January 13, 2021, 11:36:16 pm »
Congrats to anyone who made it through the video. That’s some dedication

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19448 on: January 13, 2021, 11:40:06 pm »
they should unban his twitter account now so he can show his true colours again. then ban him again tomorrow.

Offline lamad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19449 on: January 13, 2021, 11:40:22 pm »
I actually haven't listened to him in the past four, five years as much as I have in this past week, hearing the two hostage video statements - in full! For the past few years I did a mad scramble for my remote if he came on, because listening to him for more than a minute or so made me want to vomit.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2021, 11:42:01 pm by lamad »

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #19450 on: January 13, 2021, 11:40:58 pm »
He obviously realises that the crazies from last week will be in jail so no longer matter to him and cannot vote for some years now. Possibly one of the few occasions when you have listened to him without being gobsmacked though by his words, so obviously not his words. If he truly believed what he was saying he would be there next week although I fully realise that if he did it would be like having a lingering smell hanging around the event.

This time next week he will be gone, I thought Comey was good tonight, he said that the best thing would be to leave him be and then watch as becomes an addled old fool waving his fist at passing cars (or words to that effect). I'd love to see him in Jail but maybe that is counterproductive, I don't know. What I do know is that I watched the trial of Adolf Hitler in 1923 and we know where that went.

Approximately two thousand Nazis marched on the Feldherrnhalle, in the city centre, but were confronted by a police cordon, which resulted in the deaths of 16 Nazi Party members and four police officers. Hitler, who was wounded during the clash, escaped immediate arrest and was spirited off to safety in the countryside. After two days, he was arrested and charged with treason.

The putsch brought Hitler to the attention of the German nation for the first time and generated front-page headlines in newspapers around the world. His arrest was followed by a 24-day trial, which was widely publicised and gave him a platform to express his nationalist sentiments to the nation. Hitler was found guilty of treason and sentenced to five years in Landsberg Prison, where he dictated Mein Kampf to fellow prisoners Emil Maurice and Rudolf Hess. On 20 December 1924, having served only nine months, Hitler was released. Once released, Hitler redirected his focus towards obtaining power through legal means rather than by revolution or force, and accordingly changed his tactics, further developing Nazi propaganda.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19451 on: January 13, 2021, 11:41:10 pm »
Don't know if anyone saw Newsnight before?
James Comey was on, then fucking hell they had a former Bush speechwriter on, Michael Johns, and he was still spewing shite about election fraud. I'm not always onboard with the BBC bashing but there was no need to allow him to further these lies, there's no balance to be obtained. There's no two-sides to this matter, the US courts said so!

Fucking idiots for permitting that to happen.

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #19452 on: January 13, 2021, 11:42:02 pm »
What I do know is that I watched the trial of Adolf Hitler in 1923 and we know where that went.
Bloody hell! How old are you?
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #19453 on: January 13, 2021, 11:42:43 pm »
I actually haven't listened to him as much as I have in this past week, hearing the two hostage video statements - in full! For the past few years I did a mad scramble for my remote if he came on, because listening to him for more than a minute or so made me want to vomit.

Haha same, I sat through that video though, for the sole fact that I know it's absolutely killing him inside to have to do it. It's not going to help him though, his true colours came out in the speech he made on the 6th of January. That's him. Not this charade. Good luck defending that in court.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19454 on: January 13, 2021, 11:43:28 pm »
they should unban his twitter account now so he can show his true colours again. then ban him again tomorrow.

Yes, let him have his phone back so he can use those stubby dirty fingers at will, he can come out of his room now and have his privileges back.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19455 on: January 13, 2021, 11:44:10 pm »
Bloody hell! How old are you?

136 and I can remember when Everton were decent as well

(p.s. there was a really good programme on PBS some months ago, no mention of Everton on there though, it's a public interest channel)
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19456 on: January 13, 2021, 11:46:28 pm »
Haha same, I sat through that video though, for the sole fact that I know it's absolutely killing him inside to have to do it. It's not going to help him though, his true colours came out in the speech he made on the 6th of January. That's him. Not this charade. Good luck defending that in court.
Flash & lam, you don't have to explain your rationale for watching it. Not one iota guys.

« Last Edit: January 13, 2021, 11:52:04 pm by John C »

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #19457 on: January 13, 2021, 11:47:25 pm »

'Trump contemplates using pardons to move subject away from impeachment and riots':-

'As President Trump made history tonight as the only US president to be impeached twice, one White House adviser said “everybody’s angry at everyone” inside the White House, with the President being upset because he thinks people aren’t defending him enough.

“He’s in self-pity mode,” the source said.
The view among many close to Trump is “his actions led to here, no one else,” adding, “he instigated a mob to charge on the Capitol building to stop decertification, he’s not going to find a lot of sympathetic Republicans.”

During the last impeachment effort, Trump allies in and out of the White House publicly defended him and sent out talking points throughout the impeachment proceeding.

Today, it was the President who was left to fend for himself at the White House, releasing a statement first given to Fox News denouncing further violence, followed by a five-minute video that struck a very different tone than his first message following the attack on the Capitol last week. Aides scrambled to find a way to release the video, worried that even a contrite Trump might have his videos taken down.

Also, there was no organized effort to send out talking points, unlike his first impeachment.

Many White House staffers have left or resigned since the riots, including Trump’s once longtime confidante Hope Hicks. Another person close to the White House said “he’s been holed up in the residence, that’s never a good thing.

"He’s by himself, not a lot of people to bounce ideas off of, whenever that happens he goes to his worst instincts. Now that Twitter isn’t available God only knows what the outlet will be," the source said.

One outlet Trump is focused on is wielding what power he has left: pardons. Multiple sources told CNN the next batch of pardons could come as soon as Thursday, in part to distract from the current narrative.

One of the sources also noted that Trump was planning to give New England Patriots head coach Bill Belichick the medal of honor tomorrow, but Belichick refused. Announcing some pardons could replace that, especially if there are some high-profile ones.

Moving forward: Another question that lingers is whether Trump will pardon himself and his children.

One person close to Trump believes it’s a bad idea for him to pardon himself and his kids in the wake of the riots, but that he wants to exercise what remaining power he has.'

^ from CNN's live update news feed: https://edition.cnn.com/politics/live-news/house-trump-impeachment-vote-01-13-21/index.html
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline lamad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19458 on: January 13, 2021, 11:48:55 pm »
He obviously realises that the crazies from last week will be in jail so no longer matter to him and cannot vote for some years now. Possibly one of the few occasions when you have listened to him without being gobsmacked though by his words, so obviously not his words. If he truly believed what he was saying he would be there next week although I fully realise that if he did it would be like having a lingering smell hanging around the event.

This time next week he will be gone, I thought Comey was good tonight, he said that the best thing would be to leave him be and then watch as becomes an addled old fool waving his fist at passing cars (or words to that effect). I'd love to see him in Jail but maybe that is counterproductive, I don't know. What I do know is that I watched the trial of Adolf Hitler in 1923 and we know where that went.
Very different situation. Hitler was in his early Thirties and on the rise. So called Trumpism and fascist forces will continue to be a problem in the US, but can you seriously see Trump returning in full glory several years from now? There might be someone even more dangerous and half smart gathering and spearheading his supporters by then, though, which I find one of the most scary parts.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19459 on: January 13, 2021, 11:53:49 pm »
Surely you have to admit doing something to be pardoned for doing it?

Unless we are playing monopoly and you can have a 'get out of jail free card' to carry round

Pardoning yourself for anything you do in the future and then taking an AK 57 into congress is an obvious loophole but I am assuming the pardon will be for 'anything I have done up to the age of 74 (* although I have done nothing)'
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19460 on: January 13, 2021, 11:54:08 pm »
Do Americans have a different spelling for diarrhoea, or is that just bad spelling?
Both! :D
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19461 on: January 13, 2021, 11:54:45 pm »
Very different situation. Hitler was in his early Thirties and on the rise. So called Trumpism and fascist forces will continue to be a problem in the US, but can you seriously see Trump returning in full glory several years from now? There might be someone even more dangerous and half smart gathering and spearheading his supporters by then, though, which I find one of the most scary parts.

It is the Martyrdom issue that is the worry, he becomes a totem for a movement under siege
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19462 on: January 13, 2021, 11:56:06 pm »
https://twitter.com/WhiteHouse/status/1349492130578919425 (official White House twitter account)

^ a 5 minute video from Trump...

or

From the official 'White House' youtube channel:-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/hDNiNdsPHNA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/hDNiNdsPHNA</a>

^ no mention of his second impeachment...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3jdAKaoMwQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1es9MZyyPOA
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #19463 on: January 13, 2021, 11:56:09 pm »

To be honest, I don't really mind listening to him anymore. He's just a bumbling old fool. And somehow I really think that he actually believes all the shite he's spouting. I get much angrier listening to the likes of Cruz, Gaez and most of the other Republicans who know full well that they're lying and talking bollocks.

With Trump I'm just not sure. At the end of the day, he has no clue about how anything in the world works. He's a rich fucker who never had to work or learn anything in his life. He just doesn't care and it doesn't interest him. I could really see him not knowing how vote counting works and therefore believing that they actually "found" huge ballot drops in the middle of the night to change the outcome of the election, if some twat tells him or he reads/hears about it on TV or Twitter. He's just an idiot and has been an idiot for all his life. The other Republican twats are much more sinister, because they lie on purpose and they say whatever benefits them. That's what disgusts me about them.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19464 on: January 13, 2021, 11:56:34 pm »
Burglarise rather than burgle takes a bit of getting used to.
'Winningest' is probably my favourite. :P
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19465 on: January 13, 2021, 11:59:01 pm »
Any contrition in that video is trying to undo the mega damage to Brand Trump that’s currently hitting him. Had he accepted the vote and left peacefully he’d have made more money then he has now by selling the ‘President Trump’ brand.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19466 on: January 14, 2021, 12:01:13 am »
The 10 GOP members who voted to impeach Trump are.

Rep. Dan Newhouse of Washington
Rep. John Katko of New York
Rep. Jaime Herrera Beutler of Washington
Rep. Adam Kinzinger of Illinois
Rep. Fred Upton of Michigan
Rep. Liz Cheney of Wyoming
Rep. Peter Meijer of Michigan
Rep. Anthony Gonzalez of Ohio
Rep. Tom Rice of South Carolina
Rep. David Valadao of California
I suppose that goes to demonstrate that our true enemies are those with no standards, no scruples, and no self-respect, rather than those with whom we find merely obnoxious.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2021, 12:21:52 am by Jiminy Cricket »

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #19467 on: January 14, 2021, 12:01:59 am »

Houston cop 'joined Capitol riot':-

'The police chief of Houston, Texas, has announced that an 18-year veteran of the city's police force was among those that illegally "penetrated" the Capitol during last week's riot.

Chief Art Acevedo said the officer had been relieved of his duties and notified that he will face a disciplinary hearing. Acevedo said there was a "high probability" the officer will face federal charges.

"I can’t tell you the anger I feel at the thought of a police officer and other police officers thinking they get to go storm the Capitol," he told a news conference.

Meanwhile, the Department of Justice (DOJ) announced more arrests. Seven people accused of playing a role in the Capitol riot have been charged with rioting, looting and trespassing among other charges.

According to the DOJ, the arrests took place from Idaho to Wisconsin to Florida.'

^ https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-us-canada-55645957 - 23:49 13th Jan
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #19468 on: January 14, 2021, 12:04:01 am »
Don't know if anyone saw Newsnight before?
James Comey was on, then fucking hell they had a former Bush speechwriter on, Michael Johns, and he was still spewing shite about election fraud. I'm not always onboard with the BBC bashing but there was no need to allow him to further these lies, there's no balance to be obtained. There's no two-sides to this matter, the US courts said so!

Fucking idiots for permitting that to happen.

The thing is though John, there is fraud, to expect the best part of 150 million people to vote and not - have a single person try to double or noble a vote, spoil a vote or whatever, it's just not going to happen - it's inevitable and this is the thing, Trump will work on the line that if he found one single vote, then he would be justified in his assertions. The point that has to be made, is that there was no fraud on the scale that trump claims, that is the trick to douse his fire and that is the vocabulary people should use....in my humble opinion.

He finds one single vote that has an air of fraudulence about it and it'll be the biggest 'told you so' drama in history.

There's an old saying in Tennessee—I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee—that says, 'Fool me once, shame on...shame on you. Fool me—you can't get fooled again.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19469 on: January 14, 2021, 12:05:49 am »
What about normalcy?

Word, or authentic frontier gibberish?
Again, both! :D

Truth be told, because of my time in the US, normalcy seems completely normal to me. I would not have thought twice about it if you had not flagged it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Return_to_normalcy

All words are coined at some time. Though, I will never accept 'winningest'. That's just bizarre.

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #19470 on: January 14, 2021, 12:06:14 am »
136 and I can remember when Everton were decent as well

;D
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline lamad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19471 on: January 14, 2021, 12:11:25 am »
It is the Martyrdom issue that is the worry, he becomes a totem for a movement under siege
He is already a martyr to those who follow him and believe his lies. They think he was robbed, that everybody who is not supporting him is after him. For them the witch hunt and the martyrdom is real already. You won't get them back to normal by showing benign mercy.

To be honest, I used to have doubts how helpful it would be to follow up with anything once he was out of office. But that was before last week. Clearly when you hear those domestic terrorists, you can see that for a large percentage of them there is no way of reasoning for now. If he will get away with it, they will feel vindicated, it will justify what they did and his 'movement' will feel emboldened. They will not go down silently one way or the other. Therefore I now think he should be brought down by the law as best as possible. That goes for convicting him in the senate (which I am doubtful will happen, but we will see) as well as NY coming after him and his family hard and hopefully he will get his ass sued off by other entities.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19472 on: January 14, 2021, 12:13:05 am »
The thing is though John,
You mustn't have heard this bad divvy then mate, he was chatting mass fraud and that Trump has thousands of pieces of unseen evidence.
Some one must have stashed it all in the Four Seasons lock-up.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19473 on: January 14, 2021, 12:14:33 am »
https://twitter.com/WhiteHouse/status/1349492130578919425 (official White House twitter account)

^ a 5 minute video from Trump...

or

From the official 'White House' youtube channel:-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/hDNiNdsPHNA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/hDNiNdsPHNA</a>

^ no mention of his second impeachment...
Well, that's Susan Collins's vote in the bag for trump.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #19474 on: January 14, 2021, 12:14:41 am »
Flash & lam, you don't have to explain your rationale for watching it. Not one iota guys.

Oh I get that John, thank you, I was merely pointing out that for the first time ever I actually enjoyed watching him speak for 5 minutes. It was soothing in a way  :D
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19475 on: January 14, 2021, 12:16:56 am »
The thing is though John, there is fraud, to expect the best part of 150 million people to vote and not - have a single person try to double or noble a vote, spoil a vote or whatever, it's just not going to happen - it's inevitable and this is the thing, Trump will work on the line that if he found one single vote, then he would be justified in his assertions. The point that has to be made, is that there was no fraud on the scale that trump claims, that is the trick to douse his fire and that is the vocabulary people should use....in my humble opinion.

He finds one single vote that has an air of fraudulence about it and it'll be the biggest 'told you so' drama in history.

There's an old saying in Tennessee—I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee—that says, 'Fool me once, shame on...shame on you. Fool me—you can't get fooled again.

No-one has made enough of the fact that they had another election in Georgia and, under the scrutiny that must have been as tight as anything, the Democrats won again. It sort of confirms the first time round was a safe count.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #19476 on: January 14, 2021, 12:17:23 am »
To be honest, I don't really mind listening to him anymore. He's just a bumbling old fool. And somehow I really think that he actually believes all the shite he's spouting. I get much angrier listening to the likes of Cruz, Gaez and most of the other Republicans who know full well that they're lying and talking bollocks.

With Trump I'm just not sure. At the end of the day, he has no clue about how anything in the world works. He's a rich fucker who never had to work or learn anything in his life. He just doesn't care and it doesn't interest him. I could really see him not knowing how vote counting works and therefore believing that they actually "found" huge ballot drops in the middle of the night to change the outcome of the election, if some twat tells him or he reads/hears about it on TV or Twitter. He's just an idiot and has been an idiot for all his life. The other Republican twats are much more sinister, because they lie on purpose and they say whatever benefits them. That's what disgusts me about them.

I think you’re being incredibly generous. That speech was puke making, totally disingenuous and patently scripted by someone instructed to introduce some belated, faux statesmanlike evenhandedness into a scenario where our hero is having to furiously backtrack to save his neck.
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline lamad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19477 on: January 14, 2021, 12:17:47 am »

I second some of that, but I think that Trump is not just an idiot. Yeah, he is an old fool now. But he knew exactly what he was doing when he was bullying and cheating people and businesses all his life. Others might seem more sinister, because they know the lies and in parts have a larger agenda. However, it is also about what benefits them the most and in that regard Trump is exactly like them. He comes across as more idiotic, but when it comes to looking out for himself - which is really what he always was and always will be about - he is just as sinister.
Edit: I agree that he has no clue how the world works, on the other hand he learned exactly what to do to reap benefits and make a brand of his name. If that makes sense?
« Last Edit: January 14, 2021, 12:20:46 am by lamad »

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19478 on: January 14, 2021, 12:19:09 am »
He is already a martyr to those who follow him and believe his lies. They think he was robbed, that everybody who is not supporting him is after him. For them the witch hunt and the martyrdom is real already. You won't get them back to normal by showing benign mercy.

To be honest, I used to have doubts how helpful it would be to follow up with anything once he was out of office. But that was before last week. Clearly when you hear those domestic terrorists, you can see that for a large percentage of them there is no way of reasoning for now. If he will get away with it, they will feel vindicated, it will justify what they did and his 'movement' will feel emboldened. They will not go down silently one way or the other. Therefore I now think he should be brought down by the law as best as possible. That goes for convicting him in the senate (which I am doubtful will happen, but we will see) as well as NY coming after him and his family hard and hopefully he will get his ass sued off by other entities.

Comey was saying it might be better having him mumbling his way around whichever golf clubs he owns and getting fatter and older rather than have him and his cronies on a national stage bigger than Biden's and I can see where he is coming from. We have all had enough of him and we don't want him viewed as some sort of Nelson Mandela freedom fighter (yes, they will, won't they)
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #19479 on: January 14, 2021, 12:19:28 am »

Our movement...

Our movement...

Our movement...
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same