Author Topic: Chelsea  (Read 219711 times)

Offline Tarpaulin

• Polish Ambassador to Liverpool
  • Legacy Fan
Chelsea
« on: November 25, 2005, 08:19:01 am »

CHELSEA

Chelsea - Stamford Bridge
Unofficial sites:
Blue & White Army
CFC-Net
TalkChelsea

Address : Stamford Bridge, Fulham Road, London, SW6 1HS
Telephone : 020 7385 5545
Fax : 020 7381 4831
Clubcall : 09068 121159
Ticket News : 09068 121011
Capacity : 42,500
Away Allocation: 3000

Fixtures
To see Chelsea's remaining fixtures Click HERE

Stamford Bridge is the most central of the London grounds and is easily accessible by tube or bus from the centre. Parking is available in surrounding streets. Also look for directions to Chelsea Village, which is the name for the stadium/hotel complex.

DIRECTIONS & PARKING

To see a street map of the ground and surrounding areas click here

By Train

For an Interactive London Underground Map click here

The nearest tube station is Fulham Broadway (Zone 2) on the District Line. West Brompton is the nearest overground station.

By Car

Use the M25 to take you round to junction 15 and turn off onto the M4 towards London, follow the M4 which becomes the A4 up to Hammersmith. Stay on it over the Hammersmith flyover and for a further 1.5 miles before turning off for Earls Court. Go past Earls Court station and down the one way system until you hit Fulham Road, turn right at the traffic lights. Go staright on for 600 yards and the ground is on your right. Parking is difficult very close to the ground so you may want to look a bit further away

Thoughts:
Chelsea is quite possibly the worst ground for luck if you are a Red. Rarely see any form of a result in our favour there with just one win in our last 14 (and that was thanks to Bruno Cheryou). Stamford Bridge is also one of the most expensive grounds in the country. Tickets at around £45-50, and it seems as though the bevvies and food aren't much short of that, and you find that you are queuing for ages there! Very little leg room, and generally a poor pitch level view. All in all, stay the hell away!

From the 2005/06 season away fans are to be located in the South East corner of the Shed End, rather than the lower tier of the East Stand, where away fans have been accommodated for a number of previous seasons. The normal allocation for league games is 3,000 tickets, with fans located in a portion of the upper tier of the Shed End Stand and half of the lower tier. For cup games the whole of the Shed End can be allocated.

***Note*** Chelsea operate a non-smoking policy.

Below is the Shed End, where the away fans will now be located. The away fans are located on the left hand side of the stand as you look at the picture:

Seat Numbering

LOWER TIER
Front Row : Row 1
Back Row : Row 12
Range : (East -> West) No 1 to No 213 - No 106 is in the middle.

UPPER TIER
Front Row : Row 1
Back Row : Row 18
Range :(East -> West) No 1 to No 283 - No 142 is in the middle.

Pub guide and extras
The pubs nearest the ground are very partisan so we'd normally use the tube to drink elsewhere (e.g. Earls Court) before travelling in. There are however quite a few pubs on the Kings Road as long as you don't break into a chorus of "Poor Scouser Tommy". The Goat in Boots on Fulham Road has been recommended as somewhere you'll find a decent mix of Reds and Blues having a chat about the game. There's also The Slug and Lettuce next to Fulham Broadway tube station, and the White Horse Pub near Parsons Green Station which have been decent drinking dens in recent seasons.

Away Fans:
Shed Upper Tier: Adult £48, Over 65’s £20, Child (under 16) £20
Shed Lower Tier Adult £45, Over 65’s £20, Child (under 16) £20

Official Programme £3.
Chelsea Independent Fanzine: £1.50.
CFCUK Fanzine: £1.

Stadium Plan

Disabled Facilities
For details of disabled facilities at the ground please visit the relevant page on the National Association Of Disabled Supporters (NADS) Click HERE

Further information on Chelsea from footballgroundguide.co.uk and The Football Supporters Federation
« Last Edit: December 6, 2012, 01:33:05 am by Frank. »

Offline wattie

• lottie shite
  • Kopite
  • JFT96
Re: Chelsea
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2005, 12:46:22 am »
Good ale house is The Courtyard, Earls Court.. Ive drank in here a few times now and its a cracking little boozer, always full of reds and really freindly austrailian bar staff who are always happy to wear Justice stickers and learn about the history of our famous club..

Only a ten min walk to the ground

Offline AJ

• a.k.a. Billy Two-Threads. Property of RAWK – soon to be raffled - has as much chance of becoming a mod as David Moyes
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: February 6, 2006, 10:30:45 am »
Before the game

All the pubs around the ground were prodominantly blue and didn't look too friendly so we took a walk away from the ground, found a pub 15 minutes away on the right called 'The Goat In Boots' or something along those lines. Was a sound pub, good combination of reds and blues in there having a chat about the game. £3 a pint was a bit of a downer but that can only be expected. Quite a lot of lads got turfed out for looking under 21 and it seemed to be the general rule in all of the pubs up that way.

During the game

The non-smoking rule isn't really something they enforce as far as I was aware. Plenty of people smoking in their seats and in the stand and nobody said anything. Any beer or food you want in there will cost you an arm or a leg. According to some fans I spoke to yesterday, the Chelsea fans in the upper tier were spitting down on us so watch out for that.

After the game

As you come out of the stand there's a line of police separating us and the Chelsea fans but as you get to the top of the small hill they disappear and the two sets of fans come together. This is a stupid thing to do but on the whole the police didn't care. If you want to avoid trouble I'd suggest you stay in the ground a bit after full time.

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: February 6, 2006, 08:22:27 pm »
Stay in for about half an hour then.

If you're on row 15 or 16, it is highly unlikely you will see anything if we're stood.

Offline AJ

• a.k.a. Billy Two-Threads. Property of RAWK – soon to be raffled - has as much chance of becoming a mod as David Moyes
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: February 6, 2006, 08:24:10 pm »
If you're with kids I'd suggest it.

Offline Tetti

• RAWK Agony Aunt. Has a thing for gay singers...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • When you walk....
« Reply #5 on: February 6, 2006, 11:52:47 pm »

Pub guide and extras
The pubs near the ground can be quite partisan, so its  recommend to get a drink somewhere on the journey there. There are quite a few pubs on the Kings Road as long as you don't break into a chorus of "Liiiiverpool".

Hmm, a few missed that piece of advice.

Not naming my choice of pub, but just walk any direction 10 mins away and you will get a good crowd of mixed fans, keen to chat.

You need to move back to about row 7 to get under the overhang of the Shed Upper to avoid getting gobbed on.  Even their own fans are disgusted with the habit.
Never give up

Offline Big Jan

• Main Stander
« Reply #6 on: February 7, 2006, 09:32:42 am »
One good thing is that they have loads of beers ready poured in the fridges for half time.

Before the game we drank in the Courtfield by Earls Ct station. This pub was full of reds.
We walked to and from the ground from here, took bout 15 mins. 

Offline Gus 1855

• GusMcLean is a direct descendent of wee Jimmy the Jock McSporran, son of Ally McLeod, voted best Flower of Scotland performer 2003. Changed name in hope of attracting Bridesmaid but he's still Scottish as a Glaswegian deep fried Haggis
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2006, 11:50:11 am »
My suggestion boozer wise would be to stay away from the pubs in Fulham Broadway, they are crap, and full of arseholes!

I would say head up towards Fulham Cross, further down Fulham Road. It becomes proper Fulham territory there (near where I live) and you will find Fulham fans cheering us on!
It looks to me as if we have signed another 'average' player. I'll hold back my complete opinion until I see the lad play

Offline Ashfordian

• Softlad
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2006, 11:57:06 pm »
The Slug and Lettuce was good. Nice of them to put that DVD on too :D

Offline Moley

• Virgin, apparently...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nice to mole you....I mean meet you
« Reply #9 on: February 4, 2008, 08:28:26 pm »
So lads. Where we drinking?
BETFAIR REFERRAL CODE:  6GRRJ3CQV

Money for me and you!!

Offline KF

• C
  • Legacy Fan
  • JUSTICE FOR THE 96-GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!
  • Super Title: Not the sharpest drumstick in the family bucket
« Reply #10 on: February 4, 2008, 10:54:42 pm »
how is everyone getting there? is it worthwile getting train or official bus like?
77 and 84 it was rome
78 it was wembley
81 it was paris
05 it was istanbul

Offline Blamire

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well, it worked in Sweden.
« Reply #11 on: February 4, 2008, 11:03:11 pm »
how is everyone getting there? is it worthwile getting train or official bus like?

Fuck all trains for me, its a Sunday so you'd be lucky to get any convenient times, you going from Crewe?

Offline J_Bowie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: February 4, 2008, 11:06:17 pm »

Fuck the official bus cant you get on the squad one?

Offline Blamire

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well, it worked in Sweden.
« Reply #13 on: February 4, 2008, 11:09:37 pm »
Fuck the official bus cant you get on the squad one?

:lmao

Sure your cousin could swindle that one Kieron?

Offline KF

• C
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: February 4, 2008, 11:35:24 pm »
dont take  the piss lads
77 and 84 it was rome
78 it was wembley
81 it was paris
05 it was istanbul

Offline J_Bowie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: February 4, 2008, 11:38:48 pm »
dont take  the piss lads

:lmao

Sorry pal, was only havin a laugh

Offline KF

• C
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: February 5, 2008, 01:23:31 pm »
;)
77 and 84 it was rome
78 it was wembley
81 it was paris
05 it was istanbul

Offline Moley

• Virgin, apparently...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: February 5, 2008, 07:25:14 pm »
Random question: They got any storage room at Stamford Bridge? Lockers and the such?

Money for me and you!!

Offline MomoIsBoss

• Hope he cancelled the milk.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sappnin Lad
« Reply #18 on: February 5, 2008, 09:48:00 pm »
Random question: They got any storage room at Stamford Bridge? Lockers and the such?

Yeah. But I dunno if you can use them by your own choice, had to use one for the CL semi when they confiscated a banner we took.
We're all laughing at Everton, ha ha ha ha

Offline stststst

• Anny Roader
  • We won it 5 times..
« Reply #19 on: February 5, 2008, 09:58:47 pm »
Yes - the champions league locker room

Offline KF

• C
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: February 6, 2008, 12:11:21 pm »
wheres the pre match watering hole ;D?
77 and 84 it was rome
78 it was wembley
81 it was paris
05 it was istanbul

Offline P MAN

• Anny Roader
  • Not enough blood in my alcohol system
« Reply #21 on: February 6, 2008, 01:57:37 pm »
wheres the pre match watering hole ;D?

Slug thats just a 2 mins walk from fulham broadway aint a bad one..... Or there is a few round earls court which is a bit further away from the ground.....

Offline KF

• C
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: February 6, 2008, 01:59:21 pm »
will the slug not be mainly home fans?
77 and 84 it was rome
78 it was wembley
81 it was paris
05 it was istanbul

Offline P MAN

• Anny Roader
  • Not enough blood in my alcohol system
« Reply #23 on: February 6, 2008, 02:01:13 pm »
will the slug not be mainly home fans?

always plenty of away fans in there everytime i been in there.... for the carling cup game before xmas... was supposidly only away fans allowed in the pub.....but there was a few chelsea fans in there as they sneaked in!!!

Offline youngie

• Legacy Fan
  • LFC
« Reply #24 on: February 8, 2008, 08:05:16 pm »
any ideas where to park. is there a tube station on the outskirts to park at and then get the tube in.

any advice would be appreciated

Offline JonnyCigarettes®

• Airfix salesman (rumoured to be training a secret wankfest monkey arsegravy army)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty fly for a white guy
« Reply #25 on: February 8, 2008, 08:08:54 pm »

Who ate Carra's cake
Who ate Carra's cake
You fat Lampard
You fat Lampard
You ate Carra's cake
Johnny Sack: 200 grand for insulting my wife. What's next, Carmine, he gets to fuck her for a million?

Carmine: He wants to fuck her?

Johnny Sack: I'm making a point.

Offline igorscherrynose

• Main Stander
  • Back Rafa! - Liverpool is for life
« Reply #26 on: February 9, 2008, 01:04:04 am »
any ideas where to park. is there a tube station on the outskirts to park at and then get the tube in.

any advice would be appreciated

For all the London games we used to park at Alperton. Take the picadilly line from there to Earls court then change onto the district line 2 stops to Fulham Broadway.

Try the transport for London website for park and ride stations. Not sure on the web address but type tfl into google.
Our future belongs to those who believe in the dream - Liverpool FC is for life. Scouse not english!!

Offline youngie

• Legacy Fan
  • LFC
« Reply #27 on: February 9, 2008, 07:40:11 am »
For all the London games we used to park at Alperton. Take the picadilly line from there to Earls court then change onto the district line 2 stops to Fulham Broadway.

Try the transport for London website for park and ride stations. Not sure on the web address but type tfl into google.

many thanks for your help mate

Offline koptasticboy

• Not going to Athens
  • Boys Pen
  • LFC until I die, Always hating mancs!!!
« Reply #28 on: February 9, 2008, 09:15:13 am »
Anyone tell me how much the budweiser is in the ground? is it worth just going in ground earlier and drinking from the bar or is it not open to away fans until half time? Bit weary about drinking in the pubs, i hear the slug and lettuce is ok? will be in colours but that shouldnt be a problem should it? gonne be in the upper tier so no gobbing on for me.

YNWA
"Hes fat, Hes round, Shags Hoares for forty pound"
"Wayne Rooney.......Wayne Rooney......."

Offline Moley

• Virgin, apparently...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: February 9, 2008, 10:58:15 am »

If you're on row 15 or 16, it is highly unlikely you will see anything if we're stood.

I really hope that isnt true!

Apparantly im lower tier row 15. The guide says there are only 12 rows thou? ???

Money for me and you!!

Offline KF

• C
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: February 9, 2008, 11:02:04 am »
Anyone tell me how much the budweiser is in the ground? is it worth just going in ground earlier and drinking from the bar or is it not open to away fans until half time? Bit weary about drinking in the pubs, i hear the slug and lettuce is ok? will be in colours but that shouldnt be a problem should it? gonne be in the upper tier so no gobbing on for me.

YNWA

colours could be difficult getting into pubs on previous experience!
77 and 84 it was rome
78 it was wembley
81 it was paris
05 it was istanbul

Offline jennings883

• Anny Roader
« Reply #31 on: February 9, 2008, 11:10:37 am »
I really hope that isnt true!

Apparantly im lower tier row 15. The guide says there are only 12 rows thou? ???
Just checked my order history...I was in shed lower row 12 seat 52 for the semi last season and that was the back row.However there are a few rows behind which were sort of half empty (even though it was a european cup semi final) which are severley obstructed view IMHO as there is a low roof and if everybody stands like the other fella said you wont see a thing...best to try and squeeze in somewhere else mate.Thats why I went for upper tier this time.

Offline Lea Blue4

• No class what so ever. In search of some history.
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #32 on: February 9, 2008, 01:00:51 pm »

YNWA

Bud isn't sold in the ground. Beer in the ground is £3.30 a pint these days which is the same as most of the pubs

Slug & Lettuce is as good as any for away fans near the ground - just up from Fulham Broadway tube. There's usually a reasonable mix in there and I've never seen any aggro between fans unless it's a London Club

Stay well clear of the So Bar or the Butcher's Hook, both outside the ground on Fulham Road- you won't be made welcome there! plenty of other pubs around the King's Road just check with the doormen if they'll be away fans tolerant
Found it at last!

History: [pr] his·to·ry.
1: Something that belongs to the past
2: A usually chronological record of events, as of the life or development of a people or institution, often including an explanation of or commentary on those events

Offline koptasticboy

• Not going to Athens
  • Boys Pen
  • LFC until I die, Always hating mancs!!!
« Reply #33 on: February 9, 2008, 05:13:37 pm »
thanks , and is the bar for away fans open as soon as turnstyles open? what time is that by the way?
thank s for all advice
"Hes fat, Hes round, Shags Hoares for forty pound"
"Wayne Rooney.......Wayne Rooney......."

Offline Lea Blue4

• No class what so ever. In search of some history.
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #34 on: February 9, 2008, 09:33:15 pm »
Turnstiles open 90 mins before kick off.

I've no idea if the bar is open before the match for away fans, I guess that it is, based on my experience of going to away games at other grounds unless the local police advise against it.

Bar is open for home fans before matches.

I'd go to the Slug first personally, you can get to see Manchester City beat the Mancs (again)
Found it at last!

History: [pr] his·to·ry.
1: Something that belongs to the past
2: A usually chronological record of events, as of the life or development of a people or institution, often including an explanation of or commentary on those events

Offline James B

• anned.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all dream of a team o' Caraghers!
« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2008, 05:25:44 pm »
I went there for the Carling cup game this season, it's actually a really nice stadium, but a very expensive stadium as-well. A pint and a pie in the ground cost £6.30! All the facilities are pretty good, but expect to come across corrupt policemen. Not to mention the twats that fill the stadium.

« Last Edit: September 22, 2008, 06:35:49 pm by J.RTK »

Offline Gus 1855

• GusMcLean is a direct descendent of wee Jimmy the Jock McSporran, son of Ally McLeod, voted best Flower of Scotland performer 2003. Changed name in hope of attracting Bridesmaid but he's still Scottish as a Glaswegian deep fried Haggis
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: April 15, 2008, 11:29:06 pm »
I went there for the Carling cup game this season, it's actually a really nice stadium, but a very expensive stadium as-well. A pint and a pie in the ground cost £6.30! All the facilities are pretty good, but expect to come across corrupt policemen.

Granted, I have not been there since the away fans were moved to behind the goal, but it was one of my least favourite stadiums for away fans. Hated it!
It looks to me as if we have signed another 'average' player. I'll hold back my complete opinion until I see the lad play

Offline IamDave

• Gone back to bed! zzzzZZZZ
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • All of you are the "Famous Atmosphere" - SING!!
« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2008, 04:26:03 pm »
The earliest train on Sunday 26th from Lime Street is the 08:22 , arriving Euston 3 mins after kick-off.  Anybody might think that they did not want Away fans to travel, with the only alternative being a football coach or an overnight stop.  :butt

There is work on the District Line ...

DISTRICT LINE: Saturday 25 and Sunday 26 October, suspended between Barking and Upminster. Two rail replacement bus services operate.

... but the main section that serves Fulham Broadway (Wimbledon-bound train) is not part of the closure.

So these are meat pies.  What kind of meat exactly?

Offline MomoIsBoss

• Hope he cancelled the milk.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sappnin Lad
« Reply #38 on: October 20, 2008, 04:43:32 pm »
The earliest train on Sunday 26th from Lime Street is the 08:22 , arriving Euston 3 mins after kick-off.  Anybody might think that they did not want Away fans to travel, with the only alternative being a football coach or an overnight stop.  :butt

There is work on the District Line ...

DISTRICT LINE: Saturday 25 and Sunday 26 October, suspended between Barking and Upminster. Two rail replacement bus services operate.

... but the main section that serves Fulham Broadway (Wimbledon-bound train) is not part of the closure.

Better off getting the coach if your planning on going on the Sunday, but I would hurry up they will either be sold out by now or very nearly sold out. unless you drive down there? Were doing an overnight stay though cant be arsed with the early travel on the Sunday, should have a good night out in London before it.
We're all laughing at Everton, ha ha ha ha

Offline IamDave

• Gone back to bed! zzzzZZZZ
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • All of you are the "Famous Atmosphere" - SING!!
« Reply #39 on: October 21, 2008, 02:10:19 pm »
Better off getting the coach if your planning on going on the Sunday, but I would hurry up they will either be sold out by now or very nearly sold out. unless you drive down there? Were doing an overnight stay though cant be arsed with the early travel on the Sunday, should have a good night out in London before it.

Doing an overnight stay.  Stupid kick-off time for any set of fans travelling a long distance on a Sunday!
So these are meat pies.  What kind of meat exactly?