Author Topic: The Laugh at Manchester United Thread or the 'Ban Thread' for idiots....?.  (Read 1247991 times)

Offline NealFrom25Yards

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Considering he's been their best player and will only be sidelined due to an injury sustained whilst playing for them, I think they'll extend his contract for another year. Would be incredibly harsh and insensitive if they didn't, he was one of their marquee incomings and would send the wrong message for potential signings.

Can't see any way they keep him, unless they're contractually obligated to - IIRC it was initally reported that certain metrics would trigger an automatic extension.

Since then though, all the reports were that Ibrahimovic was playing hardball over the deal - trying to secure himself a guaranteed 2 year contract, rather than the 1 year on the table.

If that was the case, and it's been reported that way in The Times and Telegraph, among others...then he just gambled and lost.

Offline drmick

• Legacy Fan
Considering he's been their best player and will only be sidelined due to an injury sustained whilst playing for them, I think they'll extend his contract for another year. Would be incredibly harsh and insensitive if they didn't, he was one of their marquee incomings and would send the wrong message for potential signings.
But at 250k+ a week?

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
Has anything actually been confirmed re: Ibrahimovic? I know he'll be out until next season in the least, but is January of 2018 really the return date or is it just speculation? Wouldn't be surprised it if's 2-3 months earlier than that. Some overreactions now.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
Has anything actually been confirmed re: Ibrahimovic? I know he'll be out until next season in the least, but is January of 2018 really the return date or is it just speculation? Wouldn't be surprised it if's 2-3 months earlier than that. Some overreactions now.
Confirmed as an acl, 9 months easily.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
Shame it's happened at his age. Take away his tally and they've only managed 31 goals in the league this season.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
Confirmed as an acl, 9 months easily.

Well, that settles it then. He'll never return the same player given his age. An eventual retirement tourney in the MLS in the form of "Zlatan conquers America" beckons when he does return, if he does return.

Offline Golyo

• Matchday smoker fond of a good old bashing.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the Jürgen!
Well, that settles it then. He'll never return the same player given his age. An eventual retirement tourney in the MLS in the form of "Zlatan conquers America" beckons when he does return, if he does return.
I think China also might be an option.
He had a good first season in the PL, he scored more than I expected. It's a shame for the league because he certainly has character.
Listen, we're going to be all right, they've got someone even smaller than me. - Ferenc Puskás before the game against England in 1953

Offline NealFrom25Yards

• Legacy Fan
Checked the Contract Law in relation to the Premier League and it looks like they'll have to pay him even after his contract expires this summer. Although, it'll be their insurer that actually pays it.

Might make it more likely that he sticks around with them? Given that they'll be paying him either way...

In the case of a player sustaining injury whilst representing his contracted club, the contracted club shall be responsible for paying the player his basic salary in full, whilst the player is medically unavailable to compete, for the period of 18 months. After 18 months, the contracted club is responsible for paying the player 50% of his basic salary.

While the player is medically unable to compete, the contracted club are permitted to use their third party insurance to cover their commitment to the player.

Also says that after 18 months, the club can serve notice on the injured player and terminate the contract 12 months later...if anyone is interested.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
He'll play elbows in Ibrahimovic's place so I doubt you'll notice much of a difference.

This is what Jose will do.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
He'll play elbows in Ibrahimovic's place so I doubt you'll notice much of a difference.

Yes, that is the most likely scenario. Maureen loves his hoof-ball.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
Yeah... that's right..

Hoof ball extraordinaire.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline SwordInYourGut

• Legacy Fan
This is what Jose will do.
"If it had been me in Rashford's place, I would've grown a foot taller to help the team play hoofball"

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
Checked the Contract Law in relation to the Premier League and it looks like they'll have to pay him even after his contract expires this summer. Although, it'll be their insurer that actually pays it.

Might make it more likely that he sticks around with them? Given that they'll be paying him either way...

Also says that after 18 months, the club can serve notice on the injured player and terminate the contract 12 months later...if anyone is interested.

may not apply though as he's out of contract
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
may not apply though as he's out of contract

He is not out of contract until July 1st.

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
Ibrahimovic is a big game player though. Would've made a big difference if they make it to the Europa League final.

for me this was his main drawback. he rarely performed in big matches e.g. champions league knock out games or major tournaments for sweden

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Come on Smalling and Jones, man the fuck up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNlcGpUD5zw

All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
I know it's hoof ball but their tactic of hitting fellaini at the back post is really effective. It's a sad indicment of the most expensive team ever assembled but it is dangerous.
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
I know it's hoof ball but their tactic of hitting fellaini at the back post is really effective. It's a sad indicment of the most expensive team ever assembled but it is dangerous.

It is a tactic that belongs to the Championship. It shouldn't be employed even by the bottom teams in the Premier League, let alone by the most expensive team ever assembled.

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
It is a tactic that belongs to the Championship. It shouldn't be employed even by the bottom teams in the Premier League, let alone by the most expensive team ever assembled.
Can't disagree with any of that.
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Online Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Danny55

• Main Stander
  • Evertonian

It's crazy that three years after Moyes that's their go to weapon. If another £200m is spent this summer and he can't come up with anything better than that then the benefit of the doubt he's getting from their fan base now will be gone.

Online Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Manc brother in law says next year with a couple of stellar signings they will be back, really had to hold back saying "next year's your year then but I thought I'd leave that up to him to work out further down the road. They really have turned into us haven't they ;D

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
It's crazy that three years after Moyes that's their go to weapon. If another £200m is spent this summer and he can't come up with anything better than that then the benefit of the doubt he's getting from their fan base now will be gone.

They have no choice, there's nobody left to hope for a miracle from
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Manc brother in law says next year with a couple of stellar signings they will be back, really had to hold back saying "next year's your year then but I thought I'd leave that up to him to work out further down the road. They really have turned into us haven't they ;D

Yep but the thing is they actually have the resources to fix that compared to us if they weren't blinded.  ;D

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
Telegraph reporting that they are ready to pay 40 million for Dier.

Please do, please, please.

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
Telegraph reporting that they are ready to pay 40 million for Dier.

Please do, please, please.

Dier would never take the step down to play at United'd level  8)
Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.
Adios Rafa, buena suerte.

Some people say I'm a dreamer...

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
Will those continually attempting to make this a serious thread abah anything Yernited please fuck off and start yer own............

I look in here for a laugh

Thank you
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
Will those continually attempting to make this a serious thread abah anything Yernited please fuck off and start yer own............

I look in here for a laugh

Thank you

Posted in the Everton thread but still a laugh..

Ronald Koeman has fired the first shots in his battle to keep Romelu Lukaku at Everton – by warning the Belgian striker that he won’t realise his Champions League ambitions at Manchester United.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Ronald Koeman has fired the first shots in his battle to keep Romelu Lukaku at Everton – by warning the Belgian striker that he won’t realise his Champions League ambitions at Manchester United.

he has a point to be fair

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

:wellin
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online Motty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Yep but the thing is they actually have the resources to fix that compared to us if they weren't blinded.  ;D
True but they have already spent shitloads of money and not improved so there's no guarantee anything will change after  this year's annual splurge of cash, especially with that twat still in charge.

Offline stevo7

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • Direct Action Now
Wouldn't be surprised if Rashford pulls a hamstring in next few weeks.
The amount of games in short amount of time - Mourinho will run him into the ground

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
Wouldn't be surprised if Rashford pulls a hamstring in next few weeks.
The amount of games in short amount of time - Mourinho will run him into the ground

What happened to that fat bloke they used to play up front?

Offline drmick

• Legacy Fan
Doing  beer adverts.

Offline SwordInYourGut

• Legacy Fan
What happened to that fat bloke they used to play up front?
Mourinho thinks he is a 9 or a 10, the sad bastard has pathetic taste in football as well as men.

Offline Frizzo

• Having a Bad Hair Life.
  • Legacy Fan
They have an absolutely nightmarish run. If we win today I'd almost go as far as saying it's done.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
They have an absolutely nightmarish run. If we win today I'd almost go as far as saying it's done.
Win today?  Big ask.

If we do, it's far from done.

If we don't, we are still favourites to do it.

W

Offline ...

• Better than "Wall's Viennetta". Fact.
  • Legacy Fan
Win today?  Big ask.

If we do, it's far from done.

If we don't, we are still favourites to do it.

Why is it a big ask? We're at home and we're 1/2 to beat them.

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Would be nice if they could drop some points today, I remember a few years ago Spurs hanging on to our coattails for months on end despite being utterly gash.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Why is it a big ask? We're at home and we're 1/2 to beat them.

I think the nerves are getting to him a bit. He was saying he'd be more than happy with a draw at West Brom last week.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”