Author Topic: Liverpool owner Hicks selling Texas Rangers shares  (Read 303218 times)

Offline PhilAnderer

• Kopite
  • Smack my arse
Re: Liverpool owner Hicks selling Texas Rangers shares
« Reply #2520 on: May 8, 2009, 10:22:41 am »
We didnt stay at Atlantis mate, just went to the water park, you can get cheap deals there now, my advice would be just go to the water park and a walk around the hotel as a visit. I wouldnt stay there personally its like Disney Land in the hotel reception thousands of tourists. Fab to see but not to stay.
Ill send you some pics if you want the aquarium is amazing only one in the world with a whale shark in it.

Staying at the Atlantis the end of June for a couple of nights (free entry to the waterpark), as we're taking the kids, then moving on elsewhere.
 Lynds is right about the crowds. Belfast, may I suggest the Al Qasr Madinat, fabulous hotel.

Back on topic, I'd feel cheated if RBS extended. In these times they should be financing British enterprise, not yank carpetbaggers. Don't forget it's us, the taxpayer that bailed the RBS fuckers out. And to add insult to injury, it's the fans that are paying for Herpes & Gonorrhea to 'own' and profit from the club.

GET OUT YOU C UNTS

Offline reddwarf12003

• Anny Roader
  • What good is a history without a future
« Reply #2521 on: May 8, 2009, 10:24:52 am »
RBS lost 857 million in the first quater and has wrote of 3 billion in bad debt(Hope 250 million belongs to us. May have been why Tumers were smiling at Arsenal Match.

Don't shoot me down I'm allowed a bit of wishfull thinking.

Offline Something Else

• that car's fine lookin' man (clearly insured with confused.com)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bazinga
  • Super Title: something else required
« Reply #2522 on: May 8, 2009, 10:30:53 am »
Staying at the Atlantis the end of June for a couple of nights (free entry to the waterpark), as we're taking the kids, then moving on elsewhere.
 Lynds is right about the crowds. Belfast, may I suggest the Al Qasr Madinat, fabulous hotel.

Back on topic, I'd feel cheated if RBS extended. In these times they should be financing British enterprise, not yank carpetbaggers. Don't forget it's us, the taxpayer that bailed the RBS fuckers out. And to add insult to injury, it's the fans that are paying for Herpes & Gonorrhea to 'own' and profit from the club.

GET OUT YOU C UNTS

IN these times all the banks will want to do is make money and make loans that are considered low risk. No more big mortgages, 125% etc, no more big car loans, when the figures dont work out right, no more big risks.

Sadly, you may be annoyed that the bank will loan to two foreigners, but, those two foreigners are employing a number of national workers, not at the top bracket, but many of the shops, parts of the day to day clerical running of the club is british workers, the fans all brits supposedly, and they are guareteed money, if they see it as secure.

Banks for too long looked at the profit they were going to make and if it was big enough were willing to take ever increasing risks, those days are over, and now the profits must far outweight any risk. If that can be convinced to the banks in our case then they will loan the money without further question.

Baring in mind the club is currently servicing the debt and has the ability too, and there looks like being no loss in earnings for the club, it is a title challenging club who looks to go all the way in the CL each and every year, and this looks promising for the next few years.... with full houses week in week out, a booming merchandise sector, with two town stores and more around the world, the brand is still massively massively strong, even if its owners are not.

But as you elude to, that does not matter, as the club is self servicing, it is working in the way Chelsea only wish they could work a club, and while that continues the risk to any bank is minimal, as long as they put the right clauses into the contract, and baring in mind the Americans have little bargaining power, the banks may well end up milking us more than the Americans, which is bad for the fan, but potentially great for the "hero" tax payer who "saved" them.

Offline PhilAnderer

• Kopite
  • Smack my arse
« Reply #2523 on: May 8, 2009, 10:38:55 am »
So did the club have more spare profit available servicing the £80m debt under Moores, or the £350m debt under H&G?

Hell, Moores could have borrowed another £100m for players, improved the commercial side and we'd still be better off.

Offline wednesday25052005

• Kopite
  • JFT96
« Reply #2524 on: May 8, 2009, 10:43:59 am »
So did the club have more spare profit available servicing the £80m debt under Moores, or the £350m debt under H&G?

Hell, Moores could have borrowed another £100m for players, improved the commercial side and we'd still be better off.

That's what I was thinking????

Offline fry

• or stew
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hoe Hoe Hoe
« Reply #2525 on: May 8, 2009, 11:38:49 am »
IN these times all the banks will want to do is make money and make loans that are considered low risk. No more big mortgages, 125% etc, no more big car loans, when the figures dont work out right, no more big risks.

Sadly, you may be annoyed that the bank will loan to two foreigners, but, those two foreigners are employing a number of national workers, not at the top bracket, but many of the shops, parts of the day to day clerical running of the club is british workers, the fans all brits supposedly, and they are guareteed money, if they see it as secure.

Banks for too long looked at the profit they were going to make and if it was big enough were willing to take ever increasing risks, those days are over, and now the profits must far outweight any risk. If that can be convinced to the banks in our case then they will loan the money without further question.

Baring in mind the club is currently servicing the debt and has the ability too, and there looks like being no loss in earnings for the club, it is a title challenging club who looks to go all the way in the CL each and every year, and this looks promising for the next few years.... with full houses week in week out, a booming merchandise sector, with two town stores and more around the world, the brand is still massively massively strong, even if its owners are not.

But as you elude to, that does not matter, as the club is self servicing, it is working in the way Chelsea only wish they could work a club, and while that continues the risk to any bank is minimal, as long as they put the right clauses into the contract, and baring in mind the Americans have little bargaining power, the banks may well end up milking us more than the Americans, which is bad for the fan, but potentially great for the "hero" tax payer who "saved" them.

In the short term the club is self servicing.  We have bought players on loans as there was not enough money left over to cover costs.  Apparently we have rolled up one interest payment.  The Americans cannot build the stadium full stop.  It may be slightly possible they could get refinanced for the club but they wont get finance for a stadium.  Which basically means the club will degrade over time due to the high interest payments on the loan (that is only the interest payments not clearing the loan) and having to invest in the squad which cannot happen at a competitive level whilst servicing debt.   

The only way i can see the Americans hanging onto the club in the long term is by selling top players, reducing the wage bill and settling for mid table finishes.  This is the level the Americans I believe would be happy at but the level that will spark thousands of fans actively trying to kill them. 

Evertime I think about the situation I want to vomit!   
Disclaimer: The above post may not be based on facts even if stated as fact.

Offline Something Else

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bazinga
« Reply #2526 on: May 8, 2009, 11:42:09 am »

The only way i can see the Americans hanging onto the club in the long term is by selling top players, reducing the wage bill and settling for mid table finishes.  This is the level the Americans I believe would be happy at but the level that will spark thousands of fans actively trying to kill them. 

before you think this, look at the income difference of a top four side with one in the middle of the table, those sales of top players, and lets face it, few will get over £20M looks small time in comparrison, and you can only do it once. So a fire sale raises £90M but the club loses £30M+ minimum every season from then on. This would result in them losing the club and it not sustaining itself, therefore wont happen.

However maintaining the club in its current form is sustainable

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2527 on: May 8, 2009, 11:49:13 am »
We know they can't take the club forward. They know they can't take the club forward. The problem is that they want to share in the profits generated (they still think there will be big profits, which shows they STILL have not learned how football works) of a potential owner who does take the club forward. Greed blinds them. At some stage they will have to bail out - it is a question of whether they do so before they harm the club or afterwards.

Online HarryLabrador

• went broke, so had to get the retrievers in.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2528 on: May 8, 2009, 11:50:14 am »
Hicks' loan default casts shadow on Rangers, Stars

2009-05-08 12:01:06 -

DALLAS (AP) - Tom Hicks owns Liverpool, baseball's Texas Rangers and ice hockey's Dallas Stars because he's been adept at turning borrowed money into handsome profits.
Few could match the tall American's ability in the world of leveraged corporate buyouts, and he used that wealth to become a force in the world of professional sports.
Now, though, Hicks' borrowing has clouded his future with the Rangers and the Stars, after he defaulted last month on $525 million in loans tied to the U.S. teams.
And by July, Hicks must refinance Liverpool's loan of around 250 million pounds ($375 million), a joint liability with co-owner George Gillett Jr. The English Premier League club's indebtedness has drawn the ire of British lawmakers, who said major clubs' borrowing amounted to «financial doping.

Hicks has said he defaulted on loans behind the Rangers and Stars to force lenders to renegotiate terms of the deals, calling it a «nonevent» for coaches, players, fans and the rest of the operations.

Financial analysts aren't so sure about that.

«The notion that this is a modest hiccup, where all he's really trying to do is buy himself a few weeks before he makes payments so that he can properly run his franchises ... I don't find that part compelling,» said Andrew Zimbalist, a Smith College economics professor who specializes in sports business. «I think he's trying to put a relatively good face on it. But it's not a good situation for him.

The 63-year-old Hicks, who wouldn't comment for this story, and his partners bought and resold countless companies while building his fortune in the 1970s and '80s. Perhaps most notable among those were the separate purchases of soft drinks Dr Pepper and 7UP for a total of $646 million. The combined companies were later sold for a reported $2.53 billion.
His early years of sports ownership were a huge success, too, on the field and off.

He bought the Rangers in 1998 _ about a decade after the Dr Pepper/7UP deals _ and was part of the only back-to-back division titles in team history. The Stars won their first Stanley Cup three years after Hicks bought them.

Victories on the business side came quickly as well. The Rangers opened a stadium four years before the Hicks purchase, so new revenue streams were still pouring in. He bought the Stars not long before Dallas voters approved funding for a new arena, and Hicks ended up with a heavy financial stake in that plan.

About the time that downtown arena opened, the Rangers and Stars signed a lucrative 15-year television contract that put them among the top revenue producers in their respective leagues.
The TV deal «probably excited Tom enough» that he soon signed infielder and slugger Alex Rodriguez to the richest contract in team sports history, said Michael Cramer, a former president of the Rangers and Stars and still a shareholder in Hicks' sports enterprise.

«In hindsight,» Cramer said, «you wish you hadn't done that.
As each year passes, the $252 million, 10-year deal with A-Rod looks more like the tipping point when Hicks' fortunes with his U.S. pro teams started to dive.

The Rangers finished last in their division for three straight years before they traded Rodriguez to the Yankees at the end of 2003, and a decade-long erosion of their fan base ensued.
Six years ago, the Stars were on the verge of completing the cycle Hicks had used to create his fortune. After building the team's value, he wanted to sell the club and expected to double _ at least _ his $84 million investment. Looming NHL labor strife short-circuited that plan, and a lockout that canceled the NHL for a year soon followed. That league's revenue flow has been restricted ever since.

This year, injuries helped to prevent the Stars from getting a playoff spot, costing Hicks revenue at just about the time the interest payment on his loan was due.

«If the Stars had made the playoffs and made it to the second or third round, you're looking at probably a $10 (million) to $15 million difference, which probably would have made this issue go away for the time being,» said Cramer, who left the Hicks empire in 2004 and is now a professor in the Preston Robert Tisch Center for Hospitality, Tourism, and Sports Management at New York University.

Cramer also pointed out that baseball was the first of the major sports to face the failing economy while trying to sell season tickets and sponsorships. The others had done most of their selling before the bottom fell out last autumn, he said.

«It's all about cash flow,» Cramer said. «This year there was this convergence of things that doesn't help a couple of teams that clearly are challenged to make money on a yearly basis.

Cramer and other analysts consider it fairly unlikely that Hicks will lose either of his U.S. teams.
As reasons, they cite the value of the franchises ($810 million combined, according to Forbes magazine) relative to the debt and the large number of lenders tied up in the loans (about 40).
«It's hard to put together that many people to get a consensus,» Cramer said. «Clearly, no bank ever wants to take an asset and try to operate it and dispose of it itself.
The leagues aren't talking, but Cramer says he's pretty sure he knows what they're saying behind the scenes: Hicks needs to reduce debt associated with the teams.
Hicks has said part of his plan to reduce debt is to raise money through selling minority partnerships in both teams.

Roger Noll, a Stanford economics professor who studies sports business, said he thought a baseball team would be attractive to investors because the price could be good. Cramer's not so sure, saying he believes as many as two-thirds of America's major pro sports teams are looking for the same thing, whereas investors are hoarding cash and not interested in spending on things they can't control.

If minority partners are scarce and Hicks' lenders won't budge, Cramer wouldn't be shocked if his former boss sold one or even both of his teams outright. But Cramer thinks it will be because the price is right, not because Hicks has no other choice.

«There are literally a hundred things that could happen,» Cramer said. «It almost doesn't do us any good to speculate.

http://www.pr-inside.com/hicks-loan-default-casts-shadow-on-r1239471.htm
SoS Membership Number: 387

Offline Bogman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2529 on: May 8, 2009, 11:51:13 am »
From TLW.

sean_dundee 
Forumite   Join Date: Sep 2008
vCash: 500

rbs loan extension

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

just had call from my mate down south,whos has just informed me that a 6 month extension has been granted to g and h late last night,dont know anything else but he is the nephew of a top rbs guy who was involved in the talks called john hourican,no other details as yet but said he would call me back later...fuckin disgrace!
I saw Saddam's hanging on YouTube and it made me think. It made me think... is there nothing on the Internet that I won't masturbate to?

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #2530 on: May 8, 2009, 11:53:38 am »
From TLW.

sean_dundee 
Forumite   Join Date: Sep 2008

rbs loan extension

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

just had call from my mate down south,whos has just informed me that a 6 month extension has been granted to g and h late last night,dont know anything else but he is the nephew of a top rbs guy who was involved in the talks called john hourican,no other details as yet but said he would call me back later...fuckin disgrace!

Surprised its only 6 months ?

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2531 on: May 8, 2009, 11:55:41 am »
Surprised its only 6 months ?

insurance in case a sale collapses?

Offline Bogman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2532 on: May 8, 2009, 11:56:29 am »
and it's an extension. allegedly.
I saw Saddam's hanging on YouTube and it made me think. It made me think... is there nothing on the Internet that I won't masturbate to?

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2533 on: May 8, 2009, 12:01:02 pm »
Posters on TIA also say West Ham has been/is being sold. There's a vague link in the thread to the Kuwaitis being in the UK. Don't know if they really think WH has been sold to the Kuwaitis or if it's just joking speculation.

With an RBS extension, we can look forward to a summer of penny-pinching transfers...

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2534 on: May 8, 2009, 12:01:28 pm »
insurance in case a sale collapses?

Was thinking the same myself , are RBS doing them a favour to stop the buyers trying to get a lower price ?
Wont buyers just wait another 6 months ..

• Kopite
  • JFT96
« Reply #2535 on: May 8, 2009, 12:13:50 pm »
From TLW.

sean_dundee 
Forumite   Join Date: Sep 2008

rbs loan extension

Aaahhhh Fuckit!

Why can't they just fuckoff - just go yer pair of greedy bastards

They're going to fuckin ruin us they are - I can't stand them the c unts

• Kopite
  • JFT96
« Reply #2536 on: May 8, 2009, 12:15:09 pm »
Was thinking the same myself , are RBS doing them a favour to stop the buyers trying to get a lower price ?
Wont buyers just wait another 6 months ..

How does that all work, honestly Rocco I'm not being funny but I'm really out of my depth with all this finance stuff??????

Offline shelovesyou

• andyouknow youshouldbe glad OOOOOOH!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #2537 on: May 8, 2009, 12:29:41 pm »
Prolonging the agony , for themselves and more importantly For Us .

Massive c*nt's
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline Regi

• mental
  • Legacy Fan
  • We're caught in a Trap
« Reply #2538 on: May 8, 2009, 12:47:09 pm »
To me, and again I'm think as porridge about this stuff, a 6-month extension (if it is that) is hardly a sign that they are going to be around long.
It's not as if the world's financial markets are going to transform in the next 6 months, certainly not to the extent that would allow our shysters to get a loan for a new stadium...so why just push the payment back so short a length of time?

My first instinct would be that it's to prevent the club going into administration (which we REALLY don't want) and to give some breathing space to search for, and facilitate, a sale. Liverpool going into administration is really a no-go area, for both the owners and RBS. It would cause massive damage to RBS's already shattered reputation, something the Government as much as anyone else would desperately look to avoid seeing as they have bailed them out massively and we basically own the fucking shithouse. On top of that, RBS don't want a football club on their hands.
And our owners would never be able to set foot in the UK again, plus their worldwide reputation, poor as it is, would be forever destroyed.

My problem with this is are bidders going to use this 6 month period to make progress or would they simply wait another 6 months? I haven't a clue.
If, on the other hand, our owners hold out some faint hope that in 6 months, they will have raised enough capital (from sale of other assets etc) to re-negotiate a long-term loan, then I despair.
Regardless of whether that happens, it's the stadium they need, and I cannot see any way on earth these 2 will get a stadium built.
Surely no investor or potential stadium sponsor would consider coming on board with this pair?
No way.

Given what we know in relation to Kuwaiti people at least being approached about buying the club (that's the minimum we know), we can assume the owners still know they need out, so I'll content myself thinking the 6 months is just time to sell us on and prevent the disaster of administration.
A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come
Lester Freamon

Offline chash

• Main Stander
« Reply #2539 on: May 8, 2009, 12:51:42 pm »
That's what I was thinking????

I wonder how often Moores thinks the same!

• Kopite
  • JFT96
« Reply #2540 on: May 8, 2009, 12:53:05 pm »
I wonder how often Moores thinks the same!

I know??!!

• Kopite
  • JFT96
« Reply #2541 on: May 8, 2009, 12:55:48 pm »
So for any of those who understand all this financial stuff does this mean that a 6 month extension could mean

a) six months is all the banks are prepared to extend for and after that the yanks have to pay-up

or

b) it really does allow adequate time for due dilligence and a full take over/ new ownership??

Please help, please anyone?   :'( ??? :butt

Offline Something Else

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bazinga
« Reply #2542 on: May 8, 2009, 12:59:18 pm »

With an RBS extension, we can look forward to a summer of penny-pinching transfers...

Yeah, shite like Mascherano, Torres, Babel, Dossena, Skrtel, Keane..... none of them penny pinching transfers?

£30M would be enough for me to be happy, and I reckon we will get it.

However I still want them out

Offline allpool

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2543 on: May 8, 2009, 12:59:40 pm »
No offence here guys but that poster from TIA has 27 posts its like me coming here and saying we been sold to ken dodd and we are selling off our stars and playing the diddymen in thier place the guy has a really high post count has he ever had any other info spot on ?? im taking that with a pinch of salt.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2544 on: May 8, 2009, 01:06:11 pm »
Yeah, shite like Mascherano, Torres, Babel, Dossena, Skrtel, Keane..... none of them penny pinching transfers?

£30M would be enough for me to be happy, and I reckon we will get it.

Yeah but those were done on the never-never and they can't borrow any more, S/E. Makes me pessimistic about what will be available. Rumour is they're not letting Rafa have all the CL money and are bleeding some out. Obviously can't be sure how accurate that is, but enough to give cause for concern, no? If Rafa got £30 m I'd be happy too.

Online HarryLabrador

• went broke, so had to get the retrievers in.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2545 on: May 8, 2009, 01:13:03 pm »
I would be extremely shocked if the RBS would go ahead with a refinance whilst ignoring all the financial news on these 2 coming from across the pond. It would be highly irresponsible on their part, as yet again this now public bank lets its investors down once more. The article I posted this morning from Dallas gives Hicks' position a reality check. http://www.pr-inside.com/hicks-loan-default-casts-shadow-on-r1239471.htm

No, I don't believe that RBS are going to refinance.
SoS Membership Number: 387

Offline shelovesyou

• andyouknow youshouldbe glad OOOOOOH!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #2546 on: May 8, 2009, 01:14:14 pm »
If given the choice Id take a 6 month extension over going into Administration . . .

Im not suggesting those are the choices by the way . . . .
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline southern scouse

• Kopite
« Reply #2547 on: May 8, 2009, 01:18:40 pm »
Most likely it could be more PR spin from either Fatman or Robin (banks and us) as deadline approaches, part of the poker game to get anyone to blink first.  Unless it confirmed by RBS/LFC, well then wait and see.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #2548 on: May 8, 2009, 01:19:32 pm »
Don't forget Rafa also should have the money we didn't spend on Keane when we sold him back.

It's not about CL money not going to Rafa. Does Arsene get all the CL money?

Rafa wouldn't have signed if he didn't have some indication that he would have a decent transfer kitty. Plus it's not likely Rafa is going to the media and telling them we have £30-40-50 mil now is he? And yes he will sell players as we've do every season.

Let's just see what happens by the end of August. I'm more interested in Rafa finally having the say in getting the deals done for his targets. Should make the negotiations go quicker and easier.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Regi

• mental
  • Legacy Fan
  • We're caught in a Trap
« Reply #2549 on: May 8, 2009, 01:31:27 pm »
If given the choice Id take a 6 month extension over going into Administration . . .

Im not suggesting those are the choices by the way . . . .

They may not be the only choices, but they're certainly both on the list
A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come
Lester Freamon

Offline allpool

• Main Stander
« Reply #2550 on: May 8, 2009, 01:32:00 pm »
Im with HL it would be like RBS bending over giving them pair of fuckwits giant dildo fists and saying to them shaft us now will ya cant see RBS doing it like i said 27 post doesn't fill me with SL or gyuk's info as a itk.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2551 on: May 8, 2009, 01:40:46 pm »
Our Shankslegend says there's a chance they'll get an extension, lakes says there's a meeting going on, and john hourican is definitely a part of RBS investment side. Something is afoot, as they say.

Offline PhilAnderer

• Kopite
  • Smack my arse
« Reply #2552 on: May 8, 2009, 01:41:01 pm »
6 months + 6 months +6 months +6 months +6 months +6 months +6 months +6 months +6 months +6 months +6 months +6 months +6 months +6 months +

I've been waiting 2 years for these fuckers to go. They've got the bank by the balls.

I can't wait any longer. Fucking protests have dried up so it's not in the spotlight. Herpes & Gonnorrhea have ridden out the storm.

And to cap it off, SOS are throwing a frigging party.

Offline RedJam70

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #2553 on: May 8, 2009, 01:46:41 pm »
I'd like to know as well, how we're guaranteed to be able to pay the interest on this loan but presumably were not able to under Moores? At least I don't recall any dividends being paid so it doesn't seem like we had any spare cash lying around. Has revenue really gone up that much or am I being particularly dense about something?

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2554 on: May 8, 2009, 01:48:05 pm »
RedJam, you are never dense about anything.

Offline RedJam70

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #2555 on: May 8, 2009, 01:50:16 pm »
Wish you'd tell my kids that. Apparently I 'know nothing'.  ;D

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2556 on: May 8, 2009, 01:52:44 pm »
This 6 month extension .. is it just a extension to pay back the full loan ?

So getting more money for the stadium is already ruled out /.. so either way their gone at some stage.

Thought once they back the interest and money of the loan .. it like a mortgage  ???
« Last Edit: May 8, 2009, 01:58:58 pm by rocco »

Offline electricghost

• Might haunt your wiring, but will usually stop if requested to. Lives in a spirit house in Pra Kanong.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2557 on: May 8, 2009, 01:53:01 pm »
Probably wishfull thinking here, but is it at all possible that should RBS agree to a 6 month extension that it comes with certain conditions, such as if a certain amount is bid for the club that H and G have to accept it?
Now where did I put those straws?
“With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.”
― Steven Weinberg

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2558 on: May 8, 2009, 02:35:55 pm »
What's the point in a six month extension?  If there were potential buyers they're not going to steam in and suddenly pay the over-the-top asking price in the interim.  They'll simply wait again until the 6months are up to have the owners by the nuts again.

What happens then?  Another 6 months extension at more cost?

RBS wouldn't have granted this without some sort of guarantees.  Otherwise there's nothing in it for RBS.  Extending any sort of credit arrangement comes with added costs.

This is why I was desperate for a league win this term.  We're going to have to sell to buy.  Could be wrong but I can't see this squad massively improving given the lack of funds likely to be forthcoming.

With the obvious benefit of hindsight we'd have been far better off staying with Moores.  He could've done what the owners have done, but at least he's a lifelong red.  However he wouldn't have done that to the club which is why he sold to those who he thought could afford the investment required.

The rest is history.

Offline Liver Bird

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2559 on: May 8, 2009, 02:37:44 pm »
Will it be prolonging it so the club doesn't go into administration?
"The fans are the greatest in the land.They know the game and they know what they want to see.The people on the kop make you feel great- yet humble" bill shankly.