Author Topic: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE  (Read 3459488 times)

Offline El Denzel Pepito

• Tight-fisted and unimaginative moany wannabe feedback tourist. More Michael O'Leary than Dermot...but will also give out noshes.
  • Legacy Fan
Errr so weird one but I’m starting to lose it with my girlfriend who I live with. We’ve just moved into a new place and she’s had both her parents around; her dad a handful of times to fix things up. She’s also been dragging me along to The Range, Homebase etc when I’ve repeatedly said let’s just wait and get it delivered. We’ve got everything essential set up already, a fucking lamp shade can wait instead of going on a tour around all the open places.

This all whilst I’m struggling not seeing my mum, who’s dying of cancer and potentially only has a couple of months left. I said this to her and she said ‘we can drive up to see your mum if you want’ THATS NOT THE FUCKING POINT.

Anyway, rant over.

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Errr so weird one but I’m starting to lose it with my girlfriend who I live with. We’ve just moved into a new place and she’s had both her parents around; her dad a handful of times to fix things up. She’s also been dragging me along to The Range, Homebase etc when I’ve repeatedly said let’s just wait and get it delivered. We’ve got everything essential set up already, a fucking lamp shade can wait instead of going on a tour around all the open places.

This all whilst I’m struggling not seeing my mum, who’s dying of cancer and potentially only has a couple of months left. I said this to her and she said ‘we can drive up to see your mum if you want’ THATS NOT THE FUCKING POINT.

Anyway, rant over.

Just fucking tell her it's out of order and she's in the wrong. Don't pussy foot about.

Offline El Denzel Pepito

• Tight-fisted and unimaginative moany wannabe feedback tourist. More Michael O'Leary than Dermot...but will also give out noshes.
  • Legacy Fan
Just fucking tell her it's out of order and she's in the wrong. Don't pussy foot about.

“I’m gonna call my dad to get him to put it up for us”
“We can do it”
“But we don’t know how to”
“So what? Then we learn and do it ourselves, its not as if a select few people in the world have the knowledge of putting a light fixture on and nobody else could possibly do it themselves. We’re supposed to be in lockdown not having your dad around all the time”
“We don’t have an electrical screw driver though”
“Then we get one delivered from Amazon”
“No that’ll take too long, let’s go to Homebase now”

Rinse and repeat.

Offline an tha

• RAWK's Serious Voice Of Reason And Logic. We'd all be lost without him, lost, I tell you! Mathematically-speaking, not banned yet......
  • Kopite
  • Talking about The Reds an tha....
Not to the extent where it’s ignored altogether, even allowing for VE Day.  To be fair it was covered on news on other channels. It may have been covered on bbc eventually, I switched over.

It's been covered i am sure - but frankly if we had just 1 day off from hearing about it i'd be happy....

Offline Currywurst

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
I have a fancy snood so thats what I will be using.

Me too. My wife is convinced it's a filthy euphemism when I come home and say I have to wash my snood.
Füreinander, nicht jeder für sich.

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!

Anyway, rant over.
You can say no to being dragged to those places. If she challenges you on it then she’s probably not right for you. I live with my girlfriend and sometimes we’ll go shopping together and other times on our alone. Everyone deserves their own space (even more so in this situation) but it sounds like she’s fully controlling who can come to your place and it always has to be on her terms, not yours.
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Anyway, rant over.

She clearly doesn't comprehend the aspects of the issue, rather than being a bad sort as she's offered to go with you to visit your mom without, again, understanding the issue. Be patient but firm with her regarding cutting off the visits from her dad and needless trips out.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
“I’m gonna call my dad to get him to put it up for us”
“We can do it”
“But we don’t know how to”
“So what? Then we learn and do it ourselves, its not as if a select few people in the world have the knowledge of putting a light fixture on and nobody else could possibly do it themselves. We’re supposed to be in lockdown not having your dad around all the time”
“We don’t have an electrical screw driver though”
“Then we get one delivered from Amazon”
“No that’ll take too long, let’s go to Homebase now”

Rinse and repeat.

Your girlfriend sounds somewhat immature.  That said, I don't even have a power drill, so what would I know? ;D
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
It's been covered i am sure - but frankly if we had just 1 day off from hearing about it i'd be happy....

If I felt like that I’d skip the news.  In fact I’d probably skip this thread too. 

Of course it’s horrific stuff to deal with, but is a reflection of the disease and it’s impact.  With regards to the UK it’s unprecedented in living memory.  But it’s for that reason it is (notwithstanding tonight’s BBC news) front and centre on the news.

Personally I’m of the opinion that it is better to be informed. 

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
Speaking of which, we've had a bare wall in our bedroom for about 13 months because I can't wallpaper and we're waiting for my partners step dad to come over and do it for us. She wants three painted walls but wallpaper behind the bed. I'd be sound with just paint all round, even temporarily but sound ok- whatever. But only once it's up can we put up the shelves which he was also going to put up for us. I've wanted to have some shelves put up for ages so I can keep my vape stuff, wallet, phone, keys, tv remotes, aerosols, books, anything I wouldn't want a 2 year old or a 4 year old getting their hands on basically. So stuff is safe from ruin or being lost and I'm not stressed out trying to find my car keys etc. I spent £90 on 3 sets of matching shelves about 12 months ago and they were just in a cupboard till recently.

Anyway, during this lockdown I had enough and snapped. I eventually dug out all of the tools my Dad left me from the shed and set about doing it myself. While not perfect by any means I've got two up on my side of the bed and one on hers and it was surprisingly easier than I expected (I'm not sure why I thought it would be so difficult really). It's still really rewarding now to walk into the room and see everything up there all neat. Feels really rewarding to do it yourself.

Doesn't help your situation, but still, defo look into doing things yourself. Youtube is such a help as well.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Turned into the relationship issues thread this ;D

Offline an tha

• RAWK's Serious Voice Of Reason And Logic. We'd all be lost without him, lost, I tell you! Mathematically-speaking, not banned yet......
  • Kopite
  • Talking about The Reds an tha....
If I felt like that I’d skip the news.  In fact I’d probably skip this thread too. 

Of course it’s horrific stuff to deal with, but is a reflection of the disease and it’s impact.  With regards to the UK it’s unprecedented in living memory.  But it’s for that reason it is (notwithstanding tonight’s BBC news) front and centre on the news.

Front and centre it is and of course it is rightly so - but it is absolutely  relentless, and for me personally at times it is too much....so yeah i do tune out of it - as a lot of it is just rinse and repeat - including the governments daily bullshit briefing. I was watching loads of it first few weeks, have scaled it back recently and actually feel happier having done so.

I just don't see the problem with it taking a lower place on the card so to speak today.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
I work with a guy who has had issues.

He tells me he opened the door to his flat one day to find paint, rollers and brushes.

A non too subtle hint form his wife..
« Last Edit: May 8, 2020, 08:11:34 pm by Tepid T₂O »
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
Sorry, I basically just wanted to gloat at getting some shelves up ;D
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
Sorry, I basically just wanted to gloat at getting some shelves up ;D
That's taking this thread into a whole new bracket. Screw that!

Offline John Higgins

• Anny Roader
No shortage of street parties going on around here as well, went for my walk and was having to weave all over the place at times to try to keep some sort of social distancing.

Came back to find an ambulance parked in the road, VE Day - COVID-19 edition.

The street parties are a joke up and down the country. There’ll be a spike in a few weeks for sure.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
One of the lucky ones. Mine is always packed, even later on / early in the morning.
my gym was getting pretty quiet even during peak in the days before shutdown never mind at 10pm

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
That Vera Lynn song was done to death already before today but its been on loop today on TV.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
That Vera Lynn song was done to death already before today but its been on loop today on TV.

Not had the TV on all day today, plenty of football with the kids, but of sunshine, few beers now. Nice.

Online The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan

Put the radio on instead, guess whats on, we ll bloody meet again.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97

To be fair given the way COVID19 has been allowed to run through care homes there is a very real chance Vera and her contemporaries will soon meet again.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Speaking of which, we've had a bare wall in our bedroom for about 13 months because I can't wallpaper and we're waiting for my partners step dad to come over and do it for us. She wants three painted walls but wallpaper behind the bed. I'd be sound with just paint all round, even temporarily but sound ok- whatever. But only once it's up can we put up the shelves which he was also going to put up for us. I've wanted to have some shelves put up for ages so I can keep my vape stuff, wallet, phone, keys, tv remotes, aerosols, books, anything I wouldn't want a 2 year old or a 4 year old getting their hands on basically. So stuff is safe from ruin or being lost and I'm not stressed out trying to find my car keys etc. I spent £90 on 3 sets of matching shelves about 12 months ago and they were just in a cupboard till recently.

Anyway, during this lockdown I had enough and snapped. I eventually dug out all of the tools my Dad left me from the shed and set about doing it myself. While not perfect by any means I've got two up on my side of the bed and one on hers and it was surprisingly easier than I expected (I'm not sure why I thought it would be so difficult really). It's still really rewarding now to walk into the room and see everything up there all neat. Feels really rewarding to do it yourself.

Doesn't help your situation, but still, defo look into doing things yourself. Youtube is such a help as well.

Well done, and you're right about these things being rewarding. I find that most tasks around the house can be done if you're prepared to try. YouTube, like you say, is a great resource for learning these tasks.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
That's taking this thread into a whole new bracket. Screw that!
Perhaps Hij would do better to shelve his DIY plans until the COVID crisis is over.
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan

Behind us is a close of 6 houses and at 9ish they all came out of their houses, sang that song and clapped as well as a few cheers. Mental.

Offline ShakaHislop

• Shocktrooper of the Vinny Cable Nasties
  • Legacy Fan

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan

Just a slight word of caution from Cpt. Killjoy.  One of my neighbours decided to start cutting some garden slabs but hadn't got the correct cutting gear or eye protection and no means of getting them (at least as quickly as he wanted).  Needless to say it ended with him in A&E.  He's alright now and from the sounds of it A&E was very quiet - I'm damn sure I don't want to be going anywhere near hospital right now though!

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"

Being informed is fine, but a lot of us are struggling and we don't need news of the virus twenty four hours a day being shoved down our throats. Just because its had a huge impact doesn't mean its the only thing that people should be thinking about. I loved the atmosphere today, someone two doors down was playing a bugle and it was a nice reminder of us hopefully one day, living in a more relaxed and happier time.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
https://twitter.com/JaackRT/status/1258813878940598273
The second picture is the worst.  Grown men not at the beach wearing flip-flops.  My grandfather didn't fight off the Nazis for this sort of behaviour!

« Last Edit: May 8, 2020, 10:30:51 pm by thaddeus »

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
Been loving DIY and I’ve not done much before. Since lockdown, I’ve learned basic electrics so have changed old switches, sockets and light fittings. I’ve changed every door handle in the house, bricked up and cemented a hole in the garage wall, put up 5 shelves and painted most of the house. Would never have gotten around to that otherwise.

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
...bricked up and cemented a hole in the garage wall...

Never had you down as an enthusiast for immurement.

;)
I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Party going on near ours, basically this lock down is over, we'll carry on adhering to it as we have kids and its our responsibility to keep them safe, but all these dickheads doing what they please are increasing the chances of those that are acting responsibly catching it.  I've seen the police walk past a group of people just chatting with cans in their hand, not even sure they understand the guidance.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Being informed is fine, but a lot of us are struggling and we don't need news of the virus twenty four hours a day being shoved down our throats.

Yep, I’d envisage there are a reasonable amount of folk who choose not to watch it for same reason.

Offline wampa1

• Should probably leg it while he can......
  • Legacy Fan
The second picture is the worst.  Grown men not at the beach wearing flip-flops.  My grandfather didn't fight off the Nazis for this sort of behaviour!
What better way to pay your respects and celebrate VE day than in your shittest t-shirt and shorts combo and manky flip-flops.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
Yep, I’d envisage there are a reasonable amount of folk who choose not to watch it for same reason.

My neighbour lost her husband a couple of weeks back to the virus. In fact he was being buried today but she didn't attend as there was a problem with her husband's daughter. She has understandably struggled over the last weeks or so, in fact she said to me today, this for the first day when she felt like lifting her head off the pillow. It's why I am not stressing about today that much, sometimes people just need a break from what is happening around them. I get that people are worried, but providing most go back tomorrow to being more sensible things will settle back down again.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR

I miss that thread
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
Do yourselves a favour and don't click on that #streetparty tag on twatter.

In a word, grim.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Online Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
No wonder this country is the worst affected in Europe. Half of the U.K. are morons.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline El Denzel Pepito

• Legacy Fan

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
Well today has well and truly enforced the point that most people in this country are stupid, selfish knob heads. From my experience, there is also a strong correlation between those who are out making noise in whatever attention seeking way they can on a Thursday night and those having street parties. Guarantee 99% of them voted for Brexit too. Just little Englander bullshit. They don't care about the NHS or war veterans, they just want to get pissed whilst getting a few likes on Facebook.

The media also has a lot to answer for. The BBC actively encouraging people to do this shit.

I lose a little more faith in humanity each passing day. I just convince myself that other countries aren't like this and one day I'll be in a position to make myself and my family leave.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline ShakaHislop

• Shocktrooper of the Vinny Cable Nasties
  • Legacy Fan