Author Topic: Well done Mascherano!  (Read 13809 times)

Offline myliverbird

• Legacy Fan
  • Claiming the Liverbird since 1986
Re: Well done Mascherano!
« Reply #120 on: August 25, 2008, 08:36:54 pm »
and as for lou macari who gives a sh*t what he thinks. the masch would walk into any team on this planet an thats a fact even united tried to get him. that fella is a fool an it goes to show how far his knowlegde goes on the game! :tosser
"Im leaning. This is where I lean"

Offline Kemlyn 28

• Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #121 on: August 25, 2008, 09:08:00 pm »
Now get back and play for the people who actually pay your wages.

Offline Britvic Orange

• Bitter lemon
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #122 on: August 25, 2008, 09:09:51 pm »
clueless
Lets see whose clueless when United pick up number 18 at the end of the season.

Offline Danny_

• Amnesiac_
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: August 25, 2008, 11:52:13 pm »
This stuff about him being right to play for his country just because they don't see it as a meaningless gold in Argentina is bs.  Whether they don't see it as meaningless or not doesn't change the fact that it is meaningless.  As I said, what does it prove? Absolutely nothing.  It doesn't prove that you are the best footballing nation.  It just proves that you entered a watered down competition that cheapens the whole idea of the olympic gold and won.  Well done I guess.  And to top it all off, we are paying him his wages for doing this when we desperately need him back home.  And anybody that says that Sunderland and Middlesborough ought to be games we walk through needs a reality check.  That's the way it was about 20 year ago - not anymore.  There are no really easy premiership games anymore, especially when one of them is away and when we need to win the game.  We got away with two poor performances so far but sooner or later, unless we improve, we are headed for a fall.   

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: August 26, 2008, 01:35:58 pm »
Disagree, he may be able to tackle yes but going forward we are always a man light because of this man's limited attacking ability, alrite when you play at Old Trafford, Stamford Bridge or the Emirates but defo not against teams like Hull City and Stoke at home. The main reason for our teams demise last season was because we drew to many games that's why instead of spending nearly twenty million pounds on Mascharano we should of signed a winger who would turn one point into three points.
But Masch would allow any star quality we have to roam and attack freely knowing he is patrolling behind. There has to be a balance. If MU win No. 18 then it ill be because Chelsea have failed, we need to continue to rebuild and Rafa's PL tactics haven't worked again. I don't want to insult you mate but just watch Masch a bit closer, he could be better than you realise.

Offline flabby

• Kopite
« Reply #125 on: August 26, 2008, 02:06:40 pm »

yes if they do it would all be down to Mascherano. no matter who makes the mistake, what we don't win, what we don't score - it will be Maschers fault.

Why don't you put

Disagree, he may be able to tackle yes but going forward we are always a man light because of this man's limited attacking ability, alrite when you play at Old Trafford, Stamford Bridge or the Emirates but defo not against teams like Hull City and Stoke at home. The main reason for our teams demise last season was because we drew to many games that's why instead of spending nearly twenty million pounds on Mascharano we should of signed a winger who would turn one point into three points.

as your signature. would save you alot of time

Offline Go Go Fernando

• Main Stander
« Reply #126 on: August 26, 2008, 04:46:03 pm »
told ya we wldnt worry about the boys in Beijing if we won both our openers - now Weds night is massive - if we can win that one then villa away AND the big one at home vs a ronaldo-less Man Utd then its all systems go go go !!!

Offline Neil D

• The new Kop pin-up model. Met Momo in the ASDA.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: August 26, 2008, 07:24:26 pm »
This stuff about him being right to play for his country just because they don't see it as a meaningless gold in Argentina is bs.  Whether they don't see it as meaningless or not doesn't change the fact that it is meaningless.  As I said, what does it prove? Absolutely nothing.  It doesn't prove that you are the best footballing nation.  It just proves that you entered a watered down competition that cheapens the whole idea of the olympic gold and won.  Well done I guess.  And to top it all off, we are paying him his wages for doing this when we desperately need him back home.  And anybody that says that Sunderland and Middlesborough ought to be games we walk through needs a reality check.  That's the way it was about 20 year ago - not anymore.  There are no really easy Premier League games anymore, especially when one of them is away and when we need to win the game.  We got away with two poor performances so far but sooner or later, unless we improve, we are headed for a fall.

Nonsense. Just because you think it's meaningless doesn't make that a fact. It's an opinion. And theirs is as valid as yours. They think it means a lot - deal with it. He's back home this week, we won those two games without him, now move on.

Offline Britvic Orange

• Bitter lemon
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #128 on: August 26, 2008, 08:15:00 pm »
But Masch would allow any star quality we have to roam and attack freely knowing he is patrolling behind. There has to be a balance. If MU win No. 18 then it ill be because Chelsea have failed, we need to continue to rebuild and Rafa's PL tactics haven't worked again. I don't want to insult you mate but just watch Masch a bit closer, he could be better than you realise.
If he is so good why was Benitez trying to spend another 20 million pound in Barry another defensive midfielder, any team stuck for cash like us doesn't go out and spend nearly 40 million pounds in just 6 months on players who play the same role in the team. My point is Benitez spent all that money on Mascharano in January knowing full well he was using our Summers's transfer pot on a player who will never win you the games which cost us a title challenge Portsmouth, Villa, Wigan and Blackburns e.t.c. when the team was crying out for a top class winger, this is now coming back to haunt us

Offline Virginia Plain

• Main Stander
  • We are flying down to Rio!
« Reply #129 on: August 26, 2008, 08:37:43 pm »
If he is so good why was Benitez trying to spend another 20 million pound in Barry another defensive midfielder, any team stuck for cash like us doesn't go out and spend nearly 40 million pounds in just 6 months on players who play the same role in the team. My point is Benitez spent all that money on Mascharano in January knowing full well he was using our Summers's transfer pot on a player who will never win you the games which cost us a title challenge Portsmouth, Villa, Wigan and Blackburns e.t.c. when the team was crying out for a top class winger, this is now coming back to haunt us

You seem to dislike Mascherano simply because he is not a winger-- because he is, as a holding midfielder, too defensive. Paul Scholes totally sucks too, he only scored one goal in the league last year like Mascherano, only 6 before that and he's supposed to be some kinda playmaker! Why, Ronaldo is carrying Manchester United on his expertly bronzed back! They only ever started winning when they got him. Obviously.

I'm not saying that the team doesn't need width or a creative spark. But I would think the sensible thing to do would be to get annoyed at Rafa, for not buying a winger in January, rather than Mascherano, for having the unutterable gall to exist and play in a team when you want another player for a completely different position. But what do I know.

Mascherano is awesome, well done to him.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2008, 08:41:26 pm by aries »
J. Walter Weatherman: And that's why you don't teach lessons to your son.

Get a fucking life, all of you. You're all arguing amongst yourselves in here and all the time you're completely oblivious to the fact that Krull is on on channel 5.

Offline flabby

• Kopite
« Reply #130 on: August 26, 2008, 08:41:52 pm »

He was going to use barry on the left. your point is ridicilous and incredibley illogical as Alonso(who you rate so highly) plays the same position as the "defensive midfield" masch does.

you do realise that we would have lost alot of the games we drew without javier in the team?

Offline Britvic Orange

• Bitter lemon
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #131 on: August 26, 2008, 09:02:38 pm »
You seem to dislike Mascherano simply because he is not a winger-- because he is, as a holding midfielder, too defensive. Paul Scholes totally sucks too, he only scored one goal in the league last year like Mascherano, only 6 before that and he's supposed to be some kinda playmaker! Why, Ronaldo is carrying Manchester United on his expertly bronzed back! They only ever started winning when they got him. Obviously.

I'm not saying that the team doesn't need width or a creative spark. But I would think the sensible thing to do would be to get annoyed at Rafa, for not buying a winger in January, rather than Mascherano, for having the unutterable gall to exist and play in a team when you want another player for a completely different position. But what do I know.

Mascherano is awesome, well done to him.
What you and alot of others fail to understand was that back in January we all knew there was only one pot of money available for the Summer, in January we were already out of the league due to us drawing to many games we should be winning games like Portsmouth, Birmingham, Spurs, Blackburn, Man City, Wigan, Boro and Villa. Everyone knew what we needed especially for the money spent was a player that was going to turn those draws into wins, that's why it was so hard to fathom what Benitez was trying to achieve by breaking the record on a position we were only really consolidating as we never let in many goals before Mascharano arrived. At the time i said making his transfer permanent would effect our spending in the summer and also the chances of bringing in a top class winger in and that looks like it is happening now, funny thing is all those people who wanted Mascharano bought for 20 million are the ones moaning now that there is not enough cash in the pot to buy top class players, what comes around goes around I suppose.

Offline abhred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: August 26, 2008, 09:07:44 pm »
What you and alot of others fail to understand was that back in January we all knew there was only one pot of money available for the Summer, in January we were already out of the league due to us drawing to many games we should be winning games like Portsmouth, Birmingham, Spurs, Blackburn, Man City, Wigan, Boro and Villa. Everyone knew what we needed especially for the money spent was a player that was going to turn those draws into wins, that's why it was so hard to fathom what Benitez was trying to achieve by breaking the record on a position we were only really consolidating as we never let in many goals before Mascharano arrived. At the time i said making his transfer permanent would effect our spending in the summer and also the chances of bringing in a top class winger in and that looks like it is happening now, funny thing is all those people who wanted Mascharano bought for 20 million are the ones moaning now that there is not enough cash in the pot to buy top class players, what comes around goes around I suppose.

I wouldn't exchange any player in the world with Mascherano.
It wouldn't be Liverpool if we didn't do it the hard way... ask Gareth Southgate.

Offline ..Bruiser..

• A liver bird upon me chest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Don't buy the S*n
« Reply #133 on: August 26, 2008, 09:10:11 pm »

Clearly because he wants to play with 2, Mascherano and Barry.
96 friends we'll never forget
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Offline Virginia Plain

• Main Stander
  • We are flying down to Rio!
« Reply #134 on: August 26, 2008, 09:22:51 pm »
What you and alot of others fail to understand was that back in January we all knew there was only one pot of money available for the Summer, in January we were already out of the league due to us drawing to many games we should be winning games like Portsmouth, Birmingham, Spurs, Blackburn, Man City, Wigan, Boro and Villa.

No, I understand that perfectly well. What I don't understand is why someone would go onto a thread specifically meant for congratulating a player, and then complain, essentially, that said player lost Liverpool the league-- which, by the way, is not true. It is not Mascherano's fault that Rafa wanted to get him. It is not Mascherano's fault that he is not a 15-goal-a-season guy. It is not Mascherano's fault that the attackers did not put away games like Wigan, Birmingham, etc. The issue is Rafa's transfer policy, not Mascherano's skill at his specific position, which is unquestionable. 

If you genuinely don't think Mascherano brings anything to the team, there's nothing much I can say, to be honest. I don't know what winger you wanted the team to get. But there are very few around who are both avaliable, AND as good at being wide attackers as Mascherano is at holding mid. I personally would've loved to see Silva, for instance, but even if the club had 20+m to spend he probably wouldn't have left Spain.
J. Walter Weatherman: And that's why you don't teach lessons to your son.

Get a fucking life, all of you. You're all arguing amongst yourselves in here and all the time you're completely oblivious to the fact that Krull is on on channel 5.

Offline its cold in the stands

• e e cummings
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #135 on: August 26, 2008, 09:35:35 pm »
This stuff about him being right to play for his country just because they don't see it as a meaningless gold in Argentina is bs.  Whether they don't see it as meaningless or not doesn't change the fact that it is meaningless.  As I said, what does it prove? Absolutely nothing.  It doesn't prove that you are the best footballing nation.  It just proves that you entered a watered down competition that cheapens the whole idea of the olympic gold and won.  Well done I guess.  And to top it all off, we are paying him his wages for doing this when we desperately need him back home.  And anybody that says that Sunderland and Middlesborough ought to be games we walk through needs a reality check.  That's the way it was about 20 year ago - not anymore.  There are no really easy Premier League games anymore, especially when one of them is away and when we need to win the game.  We got away with two poor performances so far but sooner or later, unless we improve, we are headed for a fall.  

the olympics means a lot to south american teams, the olympic footy tournament pre-dates the world cup by decades (britain won it a few times - 1908 etc) and it was the first truly international tournament which allowed south american teams to play against teams from all over the world.
just like the f.a cup used to be revered in britiain because it was the start of competative footy in england ( the league was originally formed to give clubs `something to do` between f.a cup tournaments) the south americans see the olympics as the first steps in the journey that made the likes of brazil, argentina and at one time uruguay as international powerhouses in the game.
they see it as an important part of their cultural history.

Offline LFCGeezer

• Anny Roader
  • buttered bread
« Reply #136 on: August 26, 2008, 10:20:33 pm »
I find it laughable that people are actually questioning Maschs importance to the team.

Every team needs a defensive midfielder, or else they're going to ship more goals than normal, we've got one of the best in the world.

Whats there to moan about?

Offline Britvic Orange

• Bitter lemon
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #137 on: August 26, 2008, 10:27:32 pm »
I find it laughable that people are actually questioning Maschs importance to the team.

Every team needs a defensive midfielder, or else they're going to ship more goals than normal, we've got one of the best in the world.

Whats there to moan about?
Sorry am afraid you will find Michel Essien is the best defensive midfielder in the world.

Offline LFCGeezer

• Anny Roader
  • buttered bread
« Reply #138 on: August 26, 2008, 10:29:04 pm »
Sorry am afraid you will find Michel Essien is the best defensive midfielder in the world.

Sorry, I'm afraid you will find I said one of the best in the world.

Offline its cold in the stands

• e e cummings
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: August 26, 2008, 10:37:57 pm »

yeah but he was chelsea`s second choice, apparently they rated another player higher but he turned them down.....so i`ve heard like.

Offline flabby

• Kopite
« Reply #140 on: August 26, 2008, 10:51:53 pm »

he's not a defensive midfielder

Offline nutmeg94

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: August 26, 2008, 10:59:01 pm »
I wouldn't exchange any player in the world with Mascherano.

Offline pelevin

• Anny Roader
« Reply #142 on: August 26, 2008, 11:27:55 pm »

The answer is you're clueless. It's "who's clueless." "Whose" is possessive, not that that'll sink in. There's also bugger all chance you're a Liverpool supporter. You don't even know how to spell Mascherano. Not Mascharano.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2008, 11:32:12 pm by pelevin »

Offline Neil D

• The new Kop pin-up model. Met Momo in the ASDA.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: August 27, 2008, 12:25:25 pm »

Funny that they played him at RB all last season then and he's lucky to get a game in midfield.

Offline EndOfTheStorm

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • If you win, you win. If you lose, you still win
« Reply #144 on: August 27, 2008, 12:34:24 pm »
What benefit does Mash get from winning a gold medal in a worthless competition? He's not even an underage player.

He should have been here for pre-season training.
Though your dreams ......... be tossed and blown

Offline pelevin

• Anny Roader
« Reply #145 on: August 27, 2008, 12:58:57 pm »
What benefit does Mash get from winning a gold medal in a worthless competition? He's not even an underage player.

He should have been here for pre-season training.

He obviously felt a desire to represent his country and win gold if possible, obviously enough, or he wouldn't have been out there. And playing there amounted to something similar to pre-season training anyway. Missed a few games, but life is hard sometimes, and we all took it on the chin.

Offline Bob Loblaw

• Could be John Giles, or his agent.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: August 28, 2008, 08:24:10 pm »
They'll be having an interview with him on Newstalk tonight, they were going to play it last night but decided not to because it would have clashed with the game. Will be on some time after 9. Don't know how long it will be, or if its anything to get excited by.

For those interested.

http://newstalk.ie/newstalk/index.html

Offline Bob Loblaw

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: August 28, 2008, 08:58:12 pm »
Might have played it already? Did anyone catch it?

Offline Crazyhorse7778

• Legacy Fan
  • VICTORY!!!
« Reply #148 on: August 28, 2008, 09:09:22 pm »
Britvic Orange.

*Shakes head*
anyone know what actually happened to ribery's face?
Just a routine tackle by Skrtel

Offline Bob Loblaw

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: August 28, 2008, 09:12:20 pm »
Ah bastards, will be Monday now.

Britvic Orange.

*Shakes head*

hmm ???