Author Topic: Chasing the Title  (Read 1425003 times)

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Chasing the Title
« Reply #7440 on: March 4, 2019, 09:45:17 pm »
They were probably as good as they are now but with Lukaku in there side, who is miles better than any player currently in their side and with a pre-ACL Coleman. We were nowhere near as good as we are now.

We weren't as good as we were now, but we were significantly better than them regardless.

Offline CS111

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #7441 on: March 4, 2019, 09:46:30 pm »
We need many more goals from midfield, when our strikers are getting double teamed there has to be spaces elsewhere. No whee near enough from midfield imo

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #7442 on: March 4, 2019, 09:50:45 pm »
We will win the league by 1 point ;)

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7443 on: March 4, 2019, 09:54:05 pm »
We need many more goals from midfield, when our strikers are getting double teamed there has to be spaces elsewhere. No whee near enough from midfield imo

That's not going to happen. We aren't going to change our goal-scoring out put from midfield over night. It is what it is. The players who are capable of scoring goals are Shaqiri,Ox,Keita and Lallan. Ox is injured, Keita has had an on and off season due to various factors and Shaqiri has contributed but he's gone cold since December. Lallana is past it imo.  So we need to find a way to maximize our front 3, as the midfield won't  change at this moment in time.

Offline ...

• Better than "Wall's Viennetta". Fact.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7444 on: March 4, 2019, 09:55:03 pm »

Agreed. Looks like we are way too conservative, there is nobody in the box or on the edge of the box - not enough players forward. We should have been swamping the penalty area in the Leicester, Utd and Everton games. The front 3 aren't wizards.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #7445 on: March 4, 2019, 10:01:50 pm »
Promise?
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7446 on: March 4, 2019, 10:02:24 pm »
where was this doping mantra when Leicester won the league?

How many points did they get?

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #7447 on: March 4, 2019, 10:12:43 pm »
I've been lucky enough to watch league title challenges since my first in 1963/64, what may be unique is that we're facing a financially driven behemoth in Manchester City so it's not like any title challenge before. What has always been the same is that we never do things the easy way. Leagues, FA Cups, European Cups, it's always been the same.

What I'd say to the younger ones who haven't enjoyed a successful title challenge is embrace the ride we're having. City are worried, evidenced by the verbal crap coming out of the Etihad especially from Sterling which  is stage managed.

This title race is not over, nine games is just under a quarter of a season. I think being second takes a bit of the pressure off us. We need to step up from what we've seen the last couple of weeks, but I think the biggest problem is (as some posters have said before) some don't know what a title challenge is. It's not all sweetness and light. Starting on Saturday we need the players to see that we're right behind them, sing them to victory home and away in these last nine, and you may just never know. Stranger things have happened.

You can say this is a call to arms if you like, but we have a massive part to play. I don't care if we don't go back to the top until the final whistle after the Wolves game.

Up the bloody title chasing Reds. Let's have it!
Thank you.

Sir, I salute you.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7448 on: March 4, 2019, 10:17:31 pm »

Said it last night, but that would be the dream for me. Considering how Everton and Utd fans celebrated their draws with us, that would be just brilliant.

Offline Cu Chulainn

• "It's Peanut Butter Fascist Time!" (thinkaboutit). greedy, stupid, selfish capitalist pig who hates the poor and wants to euthanise the disabled.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7449 on: March 4, 2019, 10:18:35 pm »
We are still well in for this this season. We are one point behind. And let's face it: we don't do things the easy way. If we're going to do this, it's gonna be uncomfortable. ;D And I wouldn't rule out a big moment or two from an unexpected source. Someone like Keita, or Sturridge, or Lallana.

If we don't win it though, three things give me hope. 1) we've got Jurgen Klopp. 2) Pep won't be at City for more than a few years, and whoever they appoint next will be a step down; they won't be as good without him. And 3) we've got Jurgen Klopp.

Future's bright.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7450 on: March 4, 2019, 10:21:19 pm »
One thing City are good at and still have is the big players who won those titles in 2012 and 13/14. In those seasons, on both occasions they were probably written out of the title race (12 they were several points behind Utd, 13/14 they lost to us and drew against Sunderland).

On both occasions they won 6/7 games in a row and got over those situations. Those players are still there for City, the big ones anyway.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7451 on: March 4, 2019, 10:44:16 pm »
Merson (and Curtis Davis) thinks we will win it so thats the kiss of death.

Pretty much all the journalists have given it to City whilst many ex Pro’s have us winning it. Lets hope the pro’s are right.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7452 on: March 4, 2019, 10:45:49 pm »
Merson (and Curtis Davis) thinks we will win it so thats the kiss of death.

Pretty much all the journalists have given it to City whilst many ex Pro’s have us winning it. Lets hope the pro’s are right.

Ian Wright has been backing us since the start of the season.

Offline red vinyl

• Kopite
« Reply #7453 on: March 4, 2019, 10:52:12 pm »
Heard Gordon Strachan say tonight that he lives in 2 worlds, the football world, that he called the real world, and the media world, which he called fantasy world. And that not one single person in the football world see's this title race as over, not one. Whereas in lala land........oh and 2 draws in a week away against your big rivals is NOT a sign of feeling pressure in any way.
There is some sense being spoken amongst the hours and hours of hot air.

This is where I’m at with this to be honest.

Offline johnj147

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7454 on: March 5, 2019, 12:28:43 am »
am not giving up hope .. but got that horrible feeling .. deep down in stomach .. we might have blown it ...  ::)

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7455 on: March 5, 2019, 12:36:22 am »
To the young ones who have never tasted being league champions, this is how a title challenge looks and feels like. To the older ones, how can you forget. We have won 18 ... and not one of them (ok ... maybe one or two) was won at a canter. Not one of them was won in February or March. We have to fight tooth and nail for each one of them. And we do not lose the fight until we actually lost

I will keep on saying it ... have faith in the team. They have done tremendously well all season long. Stay positive. Keep encouraging them when you’re out there in the social media if you are. Trust in Kloop. Trust that he knows better about the team than you ever would

No reason to believe that we are out of this. Far from it. I actually think we will all be ecstatic come May
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7456 on: March 5, 2019, 12:39:36 am »
And we’re fucking one point behind them. Not 10. You’re a pussy if you’re pissing in your pants because we’re 2nd by one point ... you definitely are
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur

Online Sammy5IsAlive

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7457 on: March 5, 2019, 01:05:18 am »
Originally posted this in the General Sport subforum but if anything it is more relevant in this thread.

Just going through the results from this season and the two before and for me there are only two fixtures where we have played a 'high profile' away fixture and won comfortably in terms of performance/score - the Porto game in the CL last season and the Spurs game early this season.

From that I'd make two suggestions. Firstly that the team is maybe still missing the jigsaw pieces, whether that be in terms of player quality or in terms of a mental/tactical framework, to go away to big teams and put in the kind of dominant performances that perhaps identify a team that is at the very top of their game.

Secondly that we are still very much in the title race - we have a much better record of getting those performances at home against the big teams (i.e. Spurs/Chelsea in the run in) and certainly this season we've improved our record away against 'the rest' - for me the results and performances against Watford, Wolves and Palace were what you'd expect from a title winning team.

As an aside I thought Everton played really well in the second half on Sunday - our failure to kick on from what I thought was a decent first half was as much down to them upping their game and causing us problems as it was down to us not playing well. If anything I was more disappointed with the point against United, who really were there for the taking for c.60 minutes.

I don't think there is any bottling going on. In terms of the forward line I think they have looked 'off' all season compared to how they played last season and for me the last few games have been a reversion to that mean rather than a big drop off in performance.

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #7458 on: March 5, 2019, 03:08:48 am »
am not giving up hope .. but got that horrible feeling .. deep down in stomach .. we might have blown it ...  ::)

Let’s see what happens. Don’t worry about anything else for now. There are going to be a few twists and turns in this yet. Have a feeling the lead might change a few times yet. Yesterday was deflating but honestly there is no point in thinking it is over or isn’t over because at this point only the latter is true and the former isn’t.
YWNA

Offline latortuga

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7459 on: March 5, 2019, 04:24:25 am »
Originally posted this in the General Sport subforum but if anything it is more relevant in this thread.

Just going through the results from this season and the two before and for me there are only two fixtures where we have played a 'high profile' away fixture and won comfortably in terms of performance/score - the Porto game in the CL last season and the Spurs game early this season.

From that I'd make two suggestions. Firstly that the team is maybe still missing the jigsaw pieces, whether that be in terms of player quality or in terms of a mental/tactical framework, to go away to big teams and put in the kind of dominant performances that perhaps identify a team that is at the very top of their game.

Secondly that we are still very much in the title race - we have a much better record of getting those performances at home against the big teams (i.e. Spurs/Chelsea in the run in) and certainly this season we've improved our record away against 'the rest' - for me the results and performances against Watford, Wolves and Palace were what you'd expect from a title winning team.

As an aside I thought Everton played really well in the second half on Sunday - our failure to kick on from what I thought was a decent first half was as much down to them upping their game and causing us problems as it was down to us not playing well. If anything I was more disappointed with the point against United, who really were there for the taking for c.60 minutes.

I don't think there is any bottling going on. In terms of the forward line I think they have looked 'off' all season compared to how they played last season and for me the last few games have been a reversion to that mean rather than a big drop off in performance.

Great post. 

Offline gb096

• Anny Roader
  • In Sunny Brisbane
« Reply #7460 on: March 5, 2019, 04:24:54 am »
Not sure what all the panic is about, nothing has changed. The team know what they need to do and I have no doubt that they will do there best to win all 9 games. City will try to do the same, I still think we will win the title, but nothing is ever easy and nor should it be. Just keep supporting and having fun watching us seriously challenge for a title. 

Offline mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7461 on: March 5, 2019, 06:16:10 am »
Not sure what all the panic is about, nothing has changed. The team know what they need to do and I have no doubt that they will do there best to win all 9 games. City will try to do the same, I still think we will win the title, but nothing is ever easy and nor should it be. Just keep supporting and having fun watching us seriously challenge for a title.

I think people are panicking because our run of results in the last 9 games hasn't been that good and the manner of our results has been very different to the first 20 games. We had a 7 point cushion that is now a 1 point deficit in a short space of time. For most people this feels like a bit of a missed opportunity given that there was a very real possibility of us being 10 points clear at one stage.

The reality is that a week is a very long time in football. We've seen crazier things happen in football and bigger leads slip. Man City have a potentially tricky final 9 games and they could well slip up which means we need to stay focussed and ready to capitalise. On the other hand, if they maintain their current form then they probably deserve to win the title anyway. After all, they've scored something ridiculous like 24 from 27 so far. To be honest, Man City could afford to lose their 3-4 best players in their squad and they'd still likely be challengers for the title, given how much they have spent and how much depth they have. Do that to any other top 6 teams and its a completely different story.

Online the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #7462 on: March 5, 2019, 07:49:59 am »
It’s not. It’s the very definition of a league campaign. City ‘pissed away’ a lead in December and are now top of the league. Both teams have ‘pissed away’ a lead if you judge everything against a perfect season.

All City had to do when they were ahead was win every game and they’d be nailed on by now. All we had to do was win every game and we’d have been seven clear now.

After every draw and our one loss (that’s one loss) this season I’ve read the ‘if only’ comments telling what Klopp should have done to guarantee a win. Or the players ‘don’t want it’.

I wrote a few pages back that ‘form’ is a load of bollocks in football. Watford and Everton show that. Performance in one game guarantees fuck all in the next game. Our ‘form’ for the last few games is 1.67 ppg. Now try as hard as we like, the chances of getting 1.67 points from the next game is zero. It’s all about individual results and one good result makes a difference, two good results makes a lot more. That only becomes ‘form’ when you look at it after the game.

I couldn’t give a fuck about the Everton result now. It’s over and done with. Is Everton away the result that lost us the league (in March) or was it the loss to City in which case we could have all saved ourselves a load of excitement and positivity.

If you’re worried about our form and think this is it for the rest of the season you’d better start looking at our challengers for fourth place.

Or enjoy the ride and look forward to the next game (at home to Burnley) which I assume you think we’ll lose on ‘form’. 
That is a great post Alan! Short and sensible, with plenty of dynamite!
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline horne

• y
  • Legacy Fan
  • through a storm
« Reply #7463 on: March 5, 2019, 07:50:48 am »
What i cant stomach at the moment is the black propaganda going on ,on social media and the press

Drama queens included

Liverpool are second granted but there are  17 teams below us with a genuine chance of that being 18 if things go our way

Anyone who can criticise us for being in that position after all the trials and tribulations of the yesteryears ,needs to have a good long hard look in the mirror and question their sanity

When pep and his players recently went on that desperate appeal through the media trying to pile. Psychological pressure on us to try and trip us up it spoke volumes about where we have come from and where we are now

Sometimes WE need to look behind what is written and why and look past it, laugh at the desperation and envy behind it and put the anger from it into matchday atmospheres where we can use it to our advantage

Its what we can do !!!
« Last Edit: March 5, 2019, 07:52:34 am by horne »
success = the absence of the fear of failure

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7464 on: March 5, 2019, 08:01:24 am »
2nd day later, with Spurs to play a CL match and we are still the main news.

Shows how significant we are, how the media is desperate for us to fail to feed their agenda and how insignificant other sides are. No one courts this much attention and hatred than us and Man Utd.

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
    • X / Twitter: @TheLiverNerd
« Reply #7465 on: March 5, 2019, 08:06:43 am »
City's last 6 fixtures are:

Palace (A)
Spurs (H)
United (A)
Burnley (A)
Leicester (H)
Brighton (A)

If they don't drop points in that run of games then they deserve the title, especially if they are still in all competitions.

We've got a game extra than them between now and the start of that run, so coming into Palace (A) for them we could be 2 points clear. Then we've got:

Chelsea (H)
Cardiff (A)
Huddersfield (H)
Newcastle (A)
Wolves (H)

Our next four games are so important to make this situation a reality. If can be in front after them, I think it will be ours.
"Believe you are the best, then make sure that you are." - Shankly

X / Twitter: @TheLiverNerd - https://x.com/TheLiverNerd

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7466 on: March 5, 2019, 08:10:29 am »
City's last 6 fixtures are:

Palace (A)
Spurs (H)
United (A)
Burnley (A)
Leicester (H)
Brighton (A)

If they don't drop points in that run of games then they deserve the title, especially if they are still in all competitions.

We've got a game extra than them between now and the start of that run, so coming into Palace (A) for them we could be 2 points clear. Then we've got:

Chelsea (H)
Cardiff (A)
Huddersfield (H)
Newcastle (A)
Wolves (H)

Our next four games are so important to make this situation a reality. If can be in front after them, I think it will be ours.

The thing is that we have a real battle in the next few games. I have absolutely no doubts that City will win their next three games comfortably and there could be some huge scorelines in there. At the same time we have 4 awkward games left this season and 2 of those awkward 4 (Burnley, Spurs, Newcastle, Chelsea) are in our next 3 games.

So whilst that last run City will drop points, we could easily drop points before that point. Due to our poor performances recently though, we have no room for error. We have made excuses for not winning some supposed tough games, but we have to win our tough games now.

Offline horne

• y
  • Legacy Fan
  • through a storm
« Reply #7467 on: March 5, 2019, 08:11:25 am »
The liverpool way is to rally and get together as one and positively move forwards to battle against anything and anyone in our way
Push aside the obstacles and push for success
If what pep said is true about being infront then it applies to them too but the difference being that they are even more effected by FATIGUE due to their fixture pile up
We have that advantage !

Lets use it

The negative criticising needs to stop as its self perpetuating
You get what you think
The thinking needs to be positive to get a positive outcome

Lets pile that negativity back onto the goliath that is city
What a story that would be ;-)

YNWA

Offline horne

• y
  • Legacy Fan
  • through a storm
« Reply #7468 on: March 5, 2019, 08:13:53 am »
To add

City fans havnt got our mettle

Lets prove it

Offline ThePoolMan

• Not quite the Pool Man, more like the ESL Man
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7469 on: March 5, 2019, 08:31:28 am »
Whether we win the premiership this season or not, let's enjoy the fight to get there. We already have a world class team that is at least as good as the one formed by Benitez at the height of his cycle, if not better on balance and stronger in depth.  It took quite a while to get back to those heights, and this time, we have the foundations and the stable ownership that will ensure that that was not done in spite of the owners as in Benitez's case.  This team is already making other clubs across Europe queasy at the thought of playing us and it is only going to get better. We finally have a manager in Klopp who is on the club's wavelength entirely like Benitez was, and who is a world class coach with probably the world's best leadership and encouragement abilities

On the other hand the pressure really is on City because they are expected to win every season with the amount of money plowed into the team by a sovereign country. Even if we do not win this season, we will be in even better condition to do it next season because the owners will have further strengthened the team and the squad will be one more season playing with each other.  So let us not get stressed and again, let us enjoy the journey!
« Last Edit: March 5, 2019, 08:44:48 am by ThePoolMan »

Offline cress

• Main Stander
« Reply #7470 on: March 5, 2019, 08:40:06 am »
Points wise this is our best team we have had in history up to this point in a season. I am going to enjoy the last 9 games and I believe that if we win 7 out of the last 9 we will be walking away with the title. If we don't then we have a great opportunity to build on this season and strengthen and come at City again.

Offline ThePoolMan

• Not quite the Pool Man, more like the ESL Man
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7471 on: March 5, 2019, 08:51:49 am »
In fact, throughout history, have we ever had a team where we broke the world's transfer records for a particular position in the team? And yet we have done so in Van Dijk and Alisson's case - and we still hold the world transfer record for a centreback.

On top of that, we are arguably having the world's best goalkeeper and the world's best centreback, and we can perhaps also claim to have the world;s best winger in Salah. Following on from that, I believe it is a matter of time before Fabinho, Arnold Alexander and Robertson get to be seriously considered as among the world's best in their respective positions. Hopefully Keita will fulfil his vast potential with us and also achieve that as well. 

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7472 on: March 5, 2019, 09:01:03 am »
In fact, throughout history, have we ever had a team where we broke the world's transfer records for a particular position in the team? And yet we have done so in Van Dijk and Alisson's case - and we still hold the world transfer record for a centreback.

On top of that, we are arguably having the world's best goalkeeper and the world's best centreback, and we can perhaps also claim to have the world;s best winger in Salah. Following on from that, I believe it is a matter of time before Fabinho, Arnold Alexander and Robertson get to be seriously considered as among the world's best in their respective positions. Hopefully Keita will fulfil his vast potential with us and also achieve that as well. 

Not sure I agree with all that. They are all top players but if they are the worlds best then we should be winning leagues and european cups regularly.

Offline horne

• y
  • Legacy Fan
  • through a storm
« Reply #7473 on: March 5, 2019, 09:10:01 am »
Not sure I agree with all that. They are all top players but if they are the worlds best then we should be winning leagues and european cups regularly.

Mate i think we are all going to have a whip round for you to buy a positive thinking book

I detect a whiff of pessimism

City havnt played them three games yet but youve got them down for 9 points already

Now it could turn out you are right but it hasnt happened yet so your glass is more than half empty ?

Were you thinking that when they wobbled?...
It can happen again ...believe

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7474 on: March 5, 2019, 09:22:02 am »

Mate i think we are all going to have a whip round for you to buy a positive thinking book

I detect a whiff of pessimism

City havnt played them three games yet but youve got them down for 9 points already

Now it could turn out you are right but it hasnt happened yet so your glass is more than half empty ?

Were you thinking that when they wobbled?...
It can happen again ...believe

They are definitely dropping points. That round of games after they play Cardiff or Fulham is pretty brutal and I dont believe that they will win all of them.

They will beat Watford though and I am sorry but expecting them to beat Fulham and Cardiff is not being negative, its being realistic.

The main thing is we keep touch with them and dont drop any more points. I know people still have this belief that Everton was difficult and we dont have any tough games anymore but Burnley and Spurs at home wont be easy. I believe we will win but Spurs will be infinitely tougher than Everton.

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #7475 on: March 5, 2019, 09:32:36 am »
I think a few were hoping for a more risk-averse approach going into that last week (definitely me!)....thats not to say we should have gone gung ho at United and Everton but definitely show more ambition in attack as opposed to the lacklustre performances that we just saw. Even if it compromised our solidity at the back a little

I have a feeling klopp placed more importance in not losing and navigating those 4 games in 10 days without falling out of touch. As it is a Man City draw with us winning would put us back on top.

I don't think he feels with 9 games to go we need to "twist" so much yet, and I am basing this on our approach and the subs made and even some of his comments in press conferences. I think he absolutely saw Watford as a must win, but the other matches maybe not. Also, Watford did play into our hands to be fair..

Question is, will he now think that we need to go for it a bit more....?
we didn't snatch a win in either of our rivals backyard, there are a few issues in our attack when chances are a premium maybe as a consequence of all this and we dont have the title on our terms anymore....but we dont have any aways like that left in the league now. The "big" games left are on our turf and there is almost a quarter of the season to go.

I am not saying his plan was to have us have a lead of 7 points go down to -1. That would be stupid.

But I do think he probably feels we are in a strong position in the race taking all context out of it and it is upto him to get his players to re-focus and get back to winning ways and building momentum. Losing/winning the title on the front foot as it were....but that will only happen if we get out of this phase we are in because we look a bit jaded at times and its getting a bit predictable when we're not on it. This is not only at the start of games but more importantly during them.
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7476 on: March 5, 2019, 09:34:48 am »
I think a few were hoping for a more risk-averse approach going into that last week (definitely me!)....thats not to say we should have gone gung ho at United and Everton but definitely show more ambition in attack as opposed to the lacklustre performances that we just saw. Even if it compromised our solidity at the back a little

I have a feeling klopp placed more importance in not losing and navigating those 4 games in 10 days without falling out of touch. As it is a Man City draw with us winning would put us back on top.

I don't think he feels with 9 games to go we need to "twist" so much yet, and I am basing this on our approach and the subs made and even some of his comments in press conferences. I think he absolutely saw Watford as a must win, but the other matches maybe not. Also, Watford did play into our hands to be fair..

Question is, will he now think that we need to go for it a bit more....?
we didn't snatch a win in either of our rivals backyard, there are a few issues in our attack when chances are a premium maybe as a consequence of all this and we dont have the title on our terms anymore....but we dont have any aways like that left in the league now. The "big" games left are on our turf and there is almost a quarter of the season to go.

I am not saying his plan was to have us have a lead of 7 points go down to -1. That would be stupid.

But I do think he probably feels we are in a strong position in the race taking all context out of it and it is upto him to get his players to re-focus and get back to winning ways and building momentum. Losing/winning the title on the front foot as it were....but that will only happen if we get out of this phase we are in because we look a bit jaded at times and its getting a bit predictable when we're not on it. This is not only at the start of games but more importantly during them.

I think the jaded excuse would be odd and I very much doubt Klopp will be using it. We dont look jaded or tired at all. A couple of players, Wijnaldum in particular, dont look fit but we dont look jaded.

Offline Sharado

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7477 on: March 5, 2019, 09:38:43 am »
It is funny how much people post the fixtures. If there's any of you that don't know city and our fixtures inside and out by now, give up - this isn't for you. Total obsession only from here till May is the only recipe.
Football, like life, isn't about getting what you want or even deserve. It's about appreciating what you have.

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #7478 on: March 5, 2019, 09:39:11 am »
I think the jaded excuse would be odd and I very much doubt Klopp will be using it. We dont look jaded or tired at all. A couple of players, Wijnaldum in particular, dont look fit but we dont look jaded.

In attacking sense I think we do.
Not meaning tired....just lacking intensity and conviction in the final 3rd when we are attacking and things are not going our way. Going through the motions maybe and not really doing things with a purpose just more careful in the hopes that they are doing the right things. I have definitely seen that creep into 2nd half performances against Bayern, united and Everton.
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7479 on: March 5, 2019, 09:40:21 am »
It is funny how much people post the fixtures. If there's any of you that don't know city and our fixtures inside and out by now, give up - this isn't for you. Total obsession only from here till May is the only recipe.

Tell me about it

Had a dream last night we drew against Burnley. Was fucking horrible